Thread: CM 89/90 project

CM 89/90 project

This is my version of the legendary 0102 89 DB one but not as complete as his as i have been taken over by my CM2 0001 obsession but WC in Italy 1990 and Sweden 92, USA 94...etc

Wages & player values on a par with 89. Thanks to legend that is Nick and Simon Treanor

Lots of work tbd but will go back to it after CM2 0001 and play it on a Friday night! Think only can play Eng, Sco, Ita, Fra & US.

https://www.sendspace.com/file/fhzu1l
    Last edited by Cam F; 14-05-20 at 01:08 PM.

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Cam F For This Useful Post:

Cam, any possibility of reuploading this again please? I do have the version Nick has in his portfolio but I recall this to be more complete. Might be wrong tho.

I would like to add more players and staff and make this more complete and playable. Any tips on how to do this? Or does it have to be 1 by 1 adding from the 01\02 version?

Here is my one - https://www.sendspace.com/file/0s7e5y

It will be further along than one Nick has, it is one of my favourites but on/off with editing at moment.

I gave up inserting squads as somewhere in there was the usual corruption that happens on any 0102 to 0001 conversion i have done.

So you would either have to gamble and try inserting squads in hope or manually add.

When I have been doing it, i have the 0102 editor open, or even 2 0102 editors open 1.1 & 1.2 and then my 0001 editor open and do it that way.

I added a lot of histories that weren't in the 0102 one.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Cam F For This Useful Post:

Legend! Thanks.

It is the same for me along with the 93 update on this version of the game.

I did the update to the 01/02 version editing the Italy WC but always come back to the 00/01 version as the game is much more enjoyable. This game with Nick's patcher and it would be the perfect game. I do have some of the tools JL released and while they do some stuff its not the same thing. One can dream!

7. The Following User Says Thank You to jukilo1888 For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by jukilo1888 View Post
    Legend! Thanks.

It is the same for me along with the 93 update on this version of the game.

I did the update to the 01/02 version editing the Italy WC but always come back to the 00/01 version as the game is much more enjoyable. This game with Nick's patcher and it would be the perfect game. I do have some of the tools JL released and while they do some stuff its not the same thing. One can dream!
    Thanks, that would be a dream, Nick plays 0001 also along with 0102 so i suppose you never know.

We can but dream but he has made so many of my 0001 dreams come true and can never thank him enough.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Cam F For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Cam F View Post
    We can but dream but he has made so many of my 0001 dreams come true and can never thank him enough.
    Indeed. Especially the 93 update. I've my eye also on the 97/98 update that you created and Nick has in his portfolio and it's one to start a career for sure in the future.

It's always very interesting to know what the patching genius play since they know so much about editing and what would make them to discover more about the exes.

https://www.sendspace.com/file/amxnnr

Hey Cam,

So I made this little update to what you posted yesterday. Some of the leagues didn't have the correct teams entering European competitions and some of the histories were incorrect resulting in the incorrect matches being played (Italy, Portugal, Spain and so on...)

I know it isn't much compared to what you did but hopefully it will make a more complete update at least in the first season.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to jukilo1888 For This Useful Post:

Thank you, did you holiday test it after? I am loathe to touch competition histories until the end as it can wreck the db, which i have done previously on many dbs by trying to.

I think Nick had already down competition histories, I hadn't done the teams for all of europe in the config file so thanks for that.

Quote Originally Posted by Cam F View Post
    Thank you, did you holiday test it after? I am loathe to touch competition histories until the end as it can wreck the db, which i have done previously on many dbs by trying to.

I think Nick had already down competition histories, I hadn't done the teams for all of europe in the config file so thanks for that.
    I haven't yet simulated but I've always done it this way and never encountered any issues.

Some of the histories were and others weren't. Like for example the Italian league was still showing Lazio as champions, Sporting champions in Portugal. I think this happened when the year was set back to 1989 from 2000 and the winners remained the same. But all is sorted now

Have you been playing this at all? I've started a save with Juventus. Dominating everything in the national competitions but failing short in the European competitions. Reached the final in the first season but lost to Barcelona (who also won the following year) and lost in the second group stage somehow surprisingly to a weak group.

This is the squad I've assembled for my third season

https://imgur.com/5XS8gsG

And the best striker in the world has just join for a record fee of 5.5
    https://imgur.com/ALOP4lU

Which will be interesting to see as Schillaci has been the most prolific striker banging 20 something and 33 the past 2 seasons. Casiraghi has just left due to MVB coming in. He had to since he wouldn't play.

I hope to stay in Juventus for many years as I've brought in a few quality youngsters such as Inzaghi, Thuram, Del Piero and others. I'll also have to reduce investment as I've been in the red for the past 2 years.

As in other updates thank you for this! While I only started to watch football a good few years later, I've read a lot about these times and I've been enjoying this a lot. Also the fact that 00/01 is much quicker helps a lot!