Results 1 to 7 of 7

Thread: Bored

  1. #1

    Join Date
    11-09-15
    Posts
    23
    vCash
    1400

    Bored

    I love playing the update but all the fun goes out of it when i reach the top league. does anybody else have the same problems with ridiculous goalkeeping displays against you? Number of chances created compared to number scored. Players who perform for 1 season then go right off the boil the next. It's almost impossible to crack the top leagues, all so frustrating. Maybe i'm just whingeing but would appreciate a response.

  2. #2

    Join Date
    01-05-12
    Posts
    327
    vCash
    2900
    It is harder but I kind of like it. I had a save with Dortmund on the last update where I played 8 seasons, didnít win the league once but got to 5 Champions League finals winning 3!

    The Prem is tough because Liverpool are so good, Italy Juventus are similar. My current save itís taken 7 seasons to win it with Newcastle but makes it all the sweeter! Hopefully we can stay on top now.

  3. The Following User Says Thank You to loyal_royal1 For This Useful Post:


  4. #3

    Join Date
    07-09-15
    Posts
    224
    vCash
    500
    Quote Originally Posted by joeybeefboy1966 View Post
    I love playing the update but all the fun goes out of it when i reach the top league. does anybody else have the same problems with ridiculous goalkeeping displays against you? Number of chances created compared to number scored. Players who perform for 1 season then go right off the boil the next. It's almost impossible to crack the top leagues, all so frustrating. Maybe i'm just whingeing but would appreciate a response.
    Depends if you use a Super Tactic or not. If you have a team of players bought for cheap in the lower leagues who only win because of wib wob then when they come up against teams full of genuine class players the tactic doesn't always make up for the difference. If you have been using your own tactics then you did well to get to the top division without any assistance, but unless you shell out for top players its hard to compete against the best.

    This only happens on the updates though, on the original game you can buy the best team in the world for a total of 2 million quid and win everything year in year out. The updates are more realistic that way, but obviously more frustrating as well.

  5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to SteveV For This Useful Post:


  6. #4

    Join Date
    19-11-19
    Posts
    141
    vCash
    500
    I actually found it boring for the opposite reason.

    Won Prem with Leeds after 5 seasons in there (and those seasons of always just being pipped were very exciting) but after that it was total domination. Got far too easy and I wasnít using any wibwob or anything, just had loads of quality players. Didnít have a patch installed that enabled me to move abroad so was stuck in England.

    Gone back to CM 00/01 now.

  7. #5

    Join Date
    27-10-14
    Location
    The Netherlands
    Posts
    8,124
    vCash
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by henry2705 View Post
    I actually found it boring for the opposite reason.

    Won Prem with Leeds after 5 seasons in there (and those seasons of always just being pipped were very exciting) but after that it was total domination. Got far too easy and I wasnít using any wibwob or anything, just had loads of quality players. Didnít have a patch installed that enabled me to move abroad so was stuck in England.

    Gone back to CM 00/01 now.
    When you play against de default AI tactic it always gets to that point where it's too easy, so it gets boring.

    When you use a strong AI Pack there'll always be the challenge.

  8. #6

    Join Date
    19-11-19
    Posts
    141
    vCash
    500
    Quote Originally Posted by samsami View Post
    When you play against de default AI tactic it always gets to that point where it's too easy, so it gets boring.

    When you use a strong AI Pack there'll always be the challenge.
    Thanks Samsami, Iíll try this out at some point.

  9. #7

    Join Date
    27-10-14
    Location
    The Netherlands
    Posts
    8,124
    vCash
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by henry2705 View Post
    Thanks Samsami, Iíll try this out at some point.
    You'll have to use a really strong tactic yourself if you do use it. I am using it in my current story and in my eighth year with Feyenoord I have won the title these past three years but this year in Europe:


  10. The Following User Says Thank You to samsami For This Useful Post:


Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •