Thread: Signing players on rolling contracts

vCash

Signing players on rolling contracts

So I started a new games a Bari with the intention of trying to get them back their heady days in Serie A.

Despite having over 3 million in the bank I had no funds to buy any new players. Ok so lets use free players I thought, unsure of the quality of these jokers I signed a Paul Pogba's brother and a Syrian striker Mardig Mardigian on rolling contracts. I see these contracts as kind of like Owen Hargreaves at City trying to prove fitness.

now Florian Pogba seems content to take the wages even though he isn't playing.

But Mardig Mardigian is a fickle so and so.

He'll demand to go on the transfer list one day (which I accept, no point not since he could just be signed anyway) the next day he will be happy to stay, then the day after request a move, I accept and then the next day happy to stay. If I offer him a permanent contract he doesn't think I can match his demands. Absolutely right, initially he wanted 22,000 per week and the most I can offer is 8,500 which is what he is on.

Anyone else experienced this and if so will his unhappiness affect others in the squad?

vCash
    It shouldn't do, unless he mouths off to the media. If he does, at least you can release him at no cost.
    If you don't want this yo-yo ing, why not transfer list him yourself

Edit : You did get the right Pogba brother. Mathias is an absolute donkey
    The artist formally known as The Eejit

vCash
    Well he has now decided to leave on a free after being out of contract for some time.

He wants 45k a week to resign! needless to say he can whistle for it!

vCash
    Hmm ... That was easier than I thought ... Straight promotions from Serie C/2 to Serie A

Chanmpions, Fourth (play-off win), Second ...

Expectations were ...

Play-offs, battle bravely, battle bravely ...

and into Serie A

Going to get my ass handed to me now though ...

vCash
    Unbelievably I finished a creditable 12th, and over the summer despite massive wages restrictions I managed to sign Messi on a free transfer as player/assistant manager ...

vCash
    Next season a sixth place finish. Blew champiosn league with 4 losses in last 6 ...

And over the summer 4 retirees including vertonghen, bonucci and messi.

Big hit need to find replacements quickly but hampered by maximum 80k wages. (with Saturn v9 and Nicks patcher at 2x inflation)