Thread: Written History Screen

vCash

Written History Screen

vCash
    dont give up mate, your written history project could be revolution, we could have cm3 facepacks with it after 20 years

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by 99-00Addict View Post
    dont give up mate, your written history project could be revolution, we could have cm3 facepacks with it after 20 years
    i already managed to get written history show properly

but it ruins other functions atm

in cm3, 99-00 code much more complicated, you cant solve all this just by using unconitional jump

vCash
    done.

vCash

CM 3 (all games) portrait project by MArcoVanBast

1) How does it work?

When you click on player - pop-up appears with player's portrait. Then you can close it and continue explore player's profile.
    I have many plans how to improve it.

2) What the reason?

Immersion in the game. I dont want to add 60 000 portraits for every player, it useless, and annoying, but i think top players should have their portraits in game.

3) Why dont just use backgrounds?

Even i, with thousands of professional HQ photos of 1992-2000 - find it difficult to get photo for specific player. And even when i can find it - it doesnt always fit 800x600 or any other resolution. In terms of geometry not in terms of quality. E.g I have 5 fantastic Figo photos form 96-97 season i bought in Japan, but they just dont fit cm screen well.

And as for others they need to use even worse pics, bad quality or pixelated, because they dont have such big database of photos, and it is hard to find retro football pics in google.

4) What help do i need?

The most important thing. English isnt my native language. If any native speaker could write description for top CM players - i will add a photo and we can have first pack.

In future i think i can edit that screen so there will be no text there at all, but for now we need some descriptions.

5) Little show how it looks in-game

https://youtu.be/RVsSaBqOWTQ

6. The Following User Says Thank You to MarcoVanBast For This Useful Post:

vCash
    I'll be honest - that would annoy the hell out of me. If I click on a player it is because I want to see his attributes and/or match rating. If I wanted to see a history of the player I click on the history option. The idea itself certainly opens up some interesting possibilities, but the current proposed concept is something I feel very few people would be interested in.

vCash
    Your cm looks extremely stylish.

I have noticed your coloured attributes look much better than original one with an ugly red orange pallete.

You also erase that annoying blue "frame" from the header, and from the menubar - how?

Numbers in header look amazing..

And i havent seen that Barca background in any pack here.

where could i find it all that stuff, download link?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Alan View Post
    I'll be honest - that would annoy the hell out of me. If I click on a player it is because I want to see his attributes and/or match rating. If I wanted to see a history of the player I click on the history option.
    Well, that was the main reason nobody ever used that screen.

Nobody wants to

1) go to menu
    2) go to written history screen
    3) go to tree
    4) find a player you need
    5) look at his portrait and read his desc.

tons of clicks and time. I am sure thats why that area of cm was totally abandoned and forgotten. Many users after 20 years dont know that written history connected to the palyer in database.

Quote Originally Posted by Alan View Post
    The idea itself certainly opens up some interesting possibilities, but the current proposed concept is something I feel very few people would be interested in.
    No problem, I dont need it to be famous, i think if 2-3 people need it - it already enough to write player's descriptions. I could easily do it myself if i were native speaker.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by 99-00Addict View Post
    Your cm looks extremely stylish.

I have noticed your coloured attributes look much better than original one with an ugly red orange pallete.

You also erase that annoying blue "frame" from the header, and from the menubar - how?

Numbers in header look amazing..

And i havent seen that Barca background in any pack here.

where could i find it all that stuff, download link?
    Sorry i am afraid i cant share it

I changed too many bytes for my cm3.exe, some things i couldnt even remember, fonts, stats, financial rules, header, menubar, position picker, background changing rules, and many other things. I am afraid i dont remember 50% of offsets i have changed.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by MarcoVanBast View Post
    Well, that was the main reason nobody ever used that screen.
    I would say that the main reason people didn't use that screen was because it wasn't that interesting.

Quote Originally Posted by MarcoVanBast View Post
    Nobody wants to

1) go to menu
    2) go to written history screen
    3) go to tree
    4) find a player you need
    5) look at his portrait and read his desc.

tons of clicks and time. I am sure thats why that area of cm was totally abandoned and forgotten. Many users after 20 years dont know that written history connected to the palyer in database.
    Isn't it available from the tree in the top-left of the player screen?

Anyway, don't let me stop you. As you say, maybe some users will like this. It just isn't for me.

vCash
    Isn't this for 00/01? If so, I'll move the thread to the relevant forum as it's not for 01/02.

vCash
    It's not for 0001 Mark, MVB wants it for CM3 but also 0102.
    Long live 00/01

vCash
    My bad, moved it again