Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Liverpool on update vs Roma on odb

vCash

Liverpool on update vs Roma on odb

Who would win?

*both playing a default 4 4 2

vCash
    Why 4-4-2? Neither team played like this, and moreover Roma don't have suitable wide midfielders to play effectively in such a formation (debatable that Liverpool would have, either).

vCash
    i just said 4 4 2 as it would come down to the players more as it's such a standard formation as neither team is optimized to play that formation either

on base game roma always waste totti as a left mid cutting in from memory and liverpool have a lot of players that play between the lines both defensively and offensively

vCash
    That said, for reasons only SI know, Roma played 4-4-2 in the ODB.
    Anyway, my money would be on Liverpool. Imagine the pace of Salah and Mane against Aldair and Antonio Carlos.

vCash
    roma have samuel and another awesome defender can't remember his name now but they did have an awesome defence cafu and candela at peak

or maybe i confusing 0.68 and 0.60

vCash
    Roma generally played with Samuel, Aldair/Zebina and Panucci (although Panucci came in after the start of the season, and was still at Monaco in ODB). Cafu and Candela played as very attacking wingbacks with Tomassi and Emerson both holding in midfield.

vCash
    liverpool are weak in central defence who ever partners van dijk

montella and batistuta were awesome

but liverpool's attackers are insane on the update well the whole team apart from the weakness at one cb slot

vCash
    Pool won about 5 trophies in 2001/2002 - the likes of Biscan/Traore/Baros would batter 'em

Plenty of other fine teams in between that time period though as well

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by leo37 View Post
    liverpool are weak in central defence who ever partners van dijk

montella and batistuta were awesome

but liverpool's attackers are insane on the update well the whole team apart from the weakness at one cb slot
    Joe Gomez prob been better than Van Dijk this season so far

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Redknapp69 View Post
    Pool won about 5 trophies in 2001/2002 - the likes of Biscan/Traore/Baros would batter 'em

Plenty of other fine teams in between that time period though as well
    and heskey 01/02 lol

but talking liverpool on the recent update so today's team vs the roma side on odb both on 4 4 2

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Redknapp69 View Post
    Joe Gomez prob been better than Van Dijk this season so far
    is joe gomez more a wb haven't played the update much only did a season on it with the race against time challenge could joe gomez mark batistuta or montella out the game? first season

Curveball Champion!
    vCash
    You could just run a test.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to riise For This Useful Post:

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by riise View Post
    You could just run a test.
    convert liverpool to serie a?

best way to test it would be head to head over 10 games or 20 or 50 with best starting 11's fully fit

not sure how to do that though

Curveball Champion!
    vCash
    I think Roma play Fiorentina in the Supercoppa? Recreate Liverpoolís players at Fiorentina, forcequit after the match and play it as many times as you want.

Injuries happen irl, roll with it.

- - - Updated - - -

Or the other way around, put Romaís players at Man City in latest DB for the Charity Shield.

vCash
    not making up excuses but i don't like using editor as i don't like knowing hidden attributes etc potentials and abilities

vCash
    if it's quick to do perhaps someone else could edit that i would attempt to myself i but i don't like knowing all the hidden stuff

vCash
    Depends on who the CPU favours as on the ODB Roma were programmed to win everything and a nightmare to beat.

Similar to the latest updates where Liverpool win everything at a canter and have all players stats overrated.

Iíve seen Trent Alaexander Arnold have 20 for finishing on one recent save.

19. The Following User Says Thank You to paulfitz For This Useful Post:

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by paulfitz View Post
    Depends on who the CPU favours as on the ODB Roma were programmed to win everything and a nightmare to beat.

Similar to the latest updates where Liverpool win everything at a canter and have all players stats overrated.

I don't think Roma are programmed they just have a squad of players with very high work rate and determination and probably the best overall defensive attributes for a starting team so even if you a mass a squad of huge attacking talent within the first couple of seasons on a save Roma was still tough to score against.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by paulfitz View Post

that would actually make him worse at defending...

vCash
    But if the team is attacking so much...

23. The Following User Says Thank You to Alan For This Useful Post:

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BeezerCeltic1967 View Post
    that would actually make him worse at defending...
    His 20 for shooting was in addition to the 20ís for corners, crossing and other very high defensive stats.

TAA is good, but heís no Beckham so 20 for crossing and corners is way over the top, Andy Robertson also has 20 for crossing which is nowhere near a true reflection.

Player ratings on the ODB were more realistic.

25. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to paulfitz For This Useful Post:

vCash
    Beckham 80 assists in 265 premiership games works out at 0.302 per game on average, https://www.premierleague.com/player...-Beckham/stats

Alexander-Arnold 25 assists in 84 games works out at 0.298 per game, https://www.premierleague.com/player...r-Arnold/stats

Given Trent doesnít take anywhere near the amount of free kicks that Beckham did, thereís really not much in it.

vCash
    you can play the liverpool fullbacks as wingers on it most probably i used them as wb's with arrows up to the amr/aml slots on non wib wob and TAA got 30 assists and robertson 17 but more goals. Played a 5-3-2 shape (anchor man instead of middle central defender and both wb's taken off zonal or man mark and just let them bomb up the pitch)

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by AMC View Post
    Beckham 80 assists in 265 premiership games works out at 0.302 per game on average, https://www.premierleague.com/player...-Beckham/stats

Alexander-Arnold 25 assists in 84 games works out at 0.298 per game, https://www.premierleague.com/player...r-Arnold/stats

Given Trent doesnít take anywhere near the amount of free kicks that Beckham did, thereís really not much in it.
    Only 181 games

vCash
    The point was Beckham was much better at crossing than Arnold, if thatís the case then why on average do they assist at the same rate and thatís with Beckham taking a lot more set pieces giving him a greater chance of more assists.

Fair enough if someone had played 10 games and had 3 assists, but when someoneís played close to 100 games itís not a freak stat.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast