Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: 2.19 Tapani Patch

vCash

2.19 Tapani Patch

TapaniPatch 2.19

Patch 2.19 is available from: cmpatcher-2.19.exe

Installation

0. You need the 3.9.68 version of CM 01/02 (the executable, you can indeed use a data update!). If you have an earler TapaniPatch or ZozoaUpdate, Uninstall them -- or reinstall the game.

1. Apply the patcher, cmpatcher-2.19.exe

2. Recommended but not strictly necessary: update your player database, by installing the latest data updates. Autumn 2013 Do NOT use the Tapanified versions with this patch!

3. If you elected to use 1280x800 resolution, you need to download the new background and menubars MBR files and place them in your Data folder. (http://www.sendspace.com/file/m2dykn http://www.sendspace.com/file/wut8rh)

4. Play

The goal with the 2.xx-series of patches is to provide most of the changes in the TapaniPatches without risking game stability. There is a 3.xx series too where more, and more experimental changes, are done.

See the patches forum for a rough list of changes by these patches. For those who are familiar with the earlier 2.18 patch, the changes from 2.18 are:
    Spoiler!

How to use dev mode

Dev mode allows paralell testing of databases, patches or benchmarking of tactics.

To test a database or patch, you should download eval.bat and place it in your CM folder.
    When you run it several CM windows will pop up. Start new games in each, and go on holiday. You will return the 31st of May to inspect league tables, player stats, relegations (or what you are interested in).

To benchmark a tactic in paralell you should download bench.bat and place it in your CM folder.
    Then load your benchmark save, set holiday instructions, load the tactic you want to test, and save it as 000.sav
    Run bench.bat: several CM windows will pop-up with you on holiday until 31st of May.

Dev mode also allows you to control any club in selected leagues. To do so, save the game after selecting your club and repatch without dev mode. Also don't ask the board for anything with a non-league club, since that might crash. Also beware that lower division teams lack proper economy (you cannot lose or gain money).

Problems and credits

Problems with your installation should be in the Tech Support Forum.
    Any major general problems with this patch can be discussed here, or in the patches forum.

Thanks goes to GoofyZ for testing the development mode before release.

Quote: "you've created a monster " -- GoofyZ describing having 32 benchmarks running in paralell.
    Last edited by Fods; 10-05-14 at 02:35 AM.

vCash
    Q: Before I upgrade can anyone tell me if this is backwards compatible with saved games created on 2.18?

A: Alan, it should be. The changes are quite few between the two. At least, my savegames from 2.17 work with 2.19 ^^

vCash
    Q: I have a couple of questions Tapani if you've got a minute.

1> What's the main differences between this and the 3.12 patch?

2> Are players of a low rep still 'unscoutable' in this patch i.e. show up in CMScout but not in the game?

A: 1) Not much, the 2.xx series usually are a collection of features from the 3.xx patches, but will work with a untapanified database. The new things I can recall are: 7 subs in FA cup, contract abuse fix and proper reset of Australian league.

2) Yes, that is the way I would want them to be. Otherwise there is no use for scouts in the game, and LLM becomes ridiculously simple (just go through all youngsters on free, offer them 1 week trials, and keep the best).

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Tapani View Post
    Dev mode sets 10,000x speed by default (ignoring the speed setting you set).

To increase the number of CM instances launched:
    1. Edit bench.bat (or eval.bat)
    2. Change the line
    Code:
    set nof_threads=%NUMBER_OF_PROCESSORS%
    to the number of instances you want, for 32 you change it to
    Code:
    set nof_threads=32
    3. Beware, this will put a humongous load on your CPU, and take up at least 1Gb of RAM (and disk space). You can easen a bit on the CPU load by changing the line "sleep 3" to "sleep 30" or even higher (this way the first instances finish before the last even have started).

If anyone wonders why there is a delay between launching the CM instances, it is in order to produce different results. The random number generator in CM gets initialized by the time and date CM is launched. Two CMs launched the same second will produce identical benchmark results.
    Tapani

vCash
    Q: I was wondering if in the future 2 series it would be possible for the slowing of player development to be an optional tick box on the patch, as i am missing the players developing as they did in the original game.

If not totally cool and love the patch just would be cool if it was optional for players to develop slower or as they do normally in the game.

Thanks Tapani for your great work.

Cam

A: Are you guys sure it is the player development speed you are against?

I am worried that you *believe* it is the player development, while it is the initialization of training counters that causes your worries.

So, do you really think regens take too long to develop? (Yes, they develop a bit slower now cf. earlier)
    Or does this affect all players in the game from start? (Originally they all gained a few points in virtually every attribute in their first year, now they won't).

vCash
    Q: Hey all,

I know this sounds like a bizzarre thread- but im convinced that the last three games ive played with the tapani patches (as a single patch 2.19 and the most recent tapanified data update -tapanipatch -3.12ODB ratio) - there is no long term development with players outside my own team! I know it sounds weird (and confusing given how badly i put that). But for example. On the latest update compatible with the tapani patch- after two seasons, c. ronaldo's attributes had decreased so much- that a player i signed for bury 'dean rance' from shrewsbury for 12k (or something similar) was as good as him when i compared the two players 3 seasons in- same amount of stars in midfield and att mid. On the same game, tevez, at 29 - had a finishing attribute of 11. Wilshere/Ramsey looked like league 1 players on the face of it- single figure stats aplenty.

Ive even tried the old database with the patch - totti and samuel (who as we know are pretty sweet on the original game) - had 13 passing and 14 marking respectively after 3 seasons. Bit odd right? or not i guess. but anyway, i wondered if anyone had seen this before? or had an incline on how to rectify it!? as it sort of takes the edge away from the game when there's no players outside your own team getting better...

any help would be great as always.

Cheers

Ted.

A: have a read of this thread I have merged your post into and also the 3.12 thread.

If you use the 2.16/2.17 patches the slow development of players isnt affected

Tapani added this into his more recent (2.19/3.12) patches

A: That is correct with 2.19. It doesn't bother most people but did my head in. Ig you go in and take over any AI club a few seasons in & look at thie training, EVERY single player is red not green.

From memory 2.17 was affected also with player dev toning but not as much. I did a thread on it somewhere. I just used 2.16 for colour atts & JL's speed adjuster to get it the way I liked but then you don't get loans on 2.16 after a certain year so that limited that also.

vCash
    INFO:

2.xx Tapani Patches when applied, patch your current Database (must have the Official 3.9.68 patch applied 1st) and make the changes that the patch allows (not all changes in the 3.xx series are in the 2.xx series)

3.xx Tapani Patches are a patched database as opposed to a patch you apply yourself i.e. this database will replace your current database (there's a lot of work to creating one and a plenty of issues will crop up along the way)

vCash
    thanks.......

vCash
    is something wrong with the AI training schedules? All the AI's players attributes have lowered considerably since games start...other than Creativity. There's now little lethal finishers, yet loads of creative genuises.
    Last edited by Oswinner; 18-06-12 at 10:03 AM.

vCash
    Did you read the thread before posting?

vCash
    yes. It confused me. The AI training is wrong?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Oswinner View Post
    yes. It confused me. The AI training is wrong?
    Q: I was wondering if in the future 2 series it would be possible for the slowing of player development to be an optional tick box on the patch, as i am missing the players developing as they did in the original game.

If not totally cool and love the patch just would be cool if it was optional for players to develop slower or as they do normally in the game.

Thanks Tapani for your great work.

Cam

A: Are you guys sure it is the player development speed you are against?

I am worried that you *believe* it is the player development, while it is the initialization of training counters that causes your worries.

So, do you really think regens take too long to develop? (Yes, they develop a bit slower now cf. earlier)
    Or does this affect all players in the game from start? (Originally they all gained a few points in virtually every attribute in their first year, now they won't).

vCash
    I understand that part. However, how come players that start out world class get worse 2 seasons in? Creativity goes up yet most other attributes have gotten much worse. Why is this?

vCash
    The answers to your questions are all in this thread

I specifically copied them over from the old site in case anyone queried the Slower player development

vCash
    I understand the slower player development part and I like that it will now take a bit longer to develop players. However for players already developed, why do they become creative genuises but get worse with finishing, technique, dribbling so on?

vCash
    I don't think its the fact that its one particular attribute, although I could be wrong. Maybe the players who you are talking about have a high creativity attribute to start with

vCash
    Ran a holiday game. Searched creativity 20 and finishing 20 for all famous players 2 months into season. 3 pages of players for both. 2 years later did it again...7 pages for Creativity, 1 for finishing (only 4 players). A lot of these players with 20 creativity had higher finishing at game start. Weird. Tried it with both 2.18 and 2.19 patches.

vCash
    2.16/2.17 patches dont have this problem I beleive

vCash
    Thats cool I'm trying 2.17 as we speak. It's an unfortunate thing to have as slower player development would be swell.

vCash
    Used 2.19 since release and never found a problem with any of it

ebfatz is offline Social Media Bod
    Former Holy Trinity Member
    Stories Mod

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Fodster View Post
    Used 2.19 since release and never found a problem with any of it
    +1

Never had a problem with it!

vCash
    Hi Tapani, thanks for the great work, however I notice that your ftp is down. Could you get it up again?

Best Regards
    Notarius

vCash
    I stopped using this patch for the same reason, stick with 2.16 Shame because I love the new larger interface Wish Tapani would come back with a workaround

vCash

coen Unattached
    After I've installed the patch, I don't get to see offers on players from other clubs, who are on my shortlist. How can I fix this?

Thanks!

Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast