Page 15 of 16 FirstFirst ... 5111213141516 LastLast

Thread: 93/94 For 0102

Hi all. Sounds like a great project! Is this about recreating the 1993 game with the players at the time or have you added now the players of 1993? I am interested in the greek league which is not playable, but I can see that most teams are already there with a full squad, in which case why not make it a playable league as well? I am happy to support with additional players etc, but most ones are already there!

Just played my league cup Semi Final against Hibs at Station Park (Forfar) not sure if this is an issue usually or just because Iím such a small club (caley) but thought it would have been at a bigger neutral venue. Iíll keep an eye out for it in future years.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Maybe Nick is a Forfar fan?

Quote Originally Posted by rentz97 View Post
    Hi all. Sounds like a great project! Is this about recreating the 1993 game with the players at the time or have you added now the players of 1993? I am interested in the greek league which is not playable, but I can see that most teams are already there with a full squad, in which case why not make it a playable league as well? I am happy to support with additional players etc, but most ones are already there!
    You could use this, not sure if there were any bugs nick fixed in later exes but this will let you load all nations if you wanted to play or edit, i am sure if you made enough players to make Greece fully playable as we hoped people would do with other leagues, Nick (if he comes back) could add it to the normal exe.

You would need to rename the current exe something and change this one to be called cm93.

https://www.sendspace.com/file/74zsqz

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Cam F For This Useful Post:

yes i am into my 5th season with liverpool game keeps getting better and better and more players get added as season goes on.depends of what players your looking for

7. The Following User Says Thank You to maksim tsigalko For This Useful Post:

This is fantastic, only discovered it earlier today and have managed to play through 3 seasons so far! Delighted you've managed to get the start date altered too.

There's a weird anomaly that I've came across from playing a game in Scotland - at that time Rangers were the power house of Scottish football and their squad in game indicates that, as well as the managerial ability of Walter Smith, but they seem to really underperform and it took me a while to realise it's because of Smith's preferred formation - some form of 5-3-2 variant which for all intent and purposes is cack. I tried to edit it in the editor to 442 but it doesn't seem to reflect that when you load up a new game. For my game I've just used the saved game editor to sort it out and now things are as they were back in the day!

Fantastic work dude.

Quote Originally Posted by dvlx View Post
    This is fantastic, only discovered it earlier today and have managed to play through 3 seasons so far! Delighted you've managed to get the start date altered too.

There's a weird anomaly that I've came across from playing a game in Scotland - at that time Rangers were the power house of Scottish football and their squad in game indicates that, as well as the managerial ability of Walter Smith, but they seem to really underperform and it took me a while to realise it's because of Smith's preferred formation - some form of 5-3-2 variant which for all intent and purposes is cack. I tried to edit it in the editor to 442 but it doesn't seem to reflect that when you load up a new game. For my game I've just used the saved game editor to sort it out and now things are as they were back in the day!

Fantastic work dude.
    Agree with this tbh, I think Rangers arenít as strong as they should be.

Kind of ironic a Gers fan made the update. I thought Gers were pretty good, McCoist is awesome, Goram is awesome, As are Ferguson Dunc and Hateley, who do you think needs improved?

Smith 532 is hard coded by makers of game. The forum used to delete him and stick a space after one of his names so he wouldnít play 532.

This is an amazing update, thank you to all who put in the hard yards to make it possible..

Like Walter Smith being hard coded to play 5-3-2, will Alex Ferguson retire at the end of 2002 as hard coded in original game?

I ask as i'm coming to the end of 2001-02 season and fancy the United job!

Ferguson's retirement isn't hard coded, it's a config added to the editor.

I'd like to try this. Are the links in the opening post the files I should use?

Quote Originally Posted by Cam F View Post
    I would like to give something back to the forum after 12 odd years and I know everyone doesn't like 0001 which is fair enough.

That's me all done.

I think it is pretty amazing but if we want a sub team to continue on my work happy to contribute, i had a passion for the Swiss league so if anyone fancied patching instead of Ireland or N Ireland and Nick/John could stop the GB regens coming directly into the Swiss league that would be cool.

Been a blast, I don't play 0102 but i wanted to give something back to Mark, Derm, Nick, John and all those who have supported my 0001 dreams on a 0102 site without telling me to piss off, thanks guys!!!

Leagues are the same as CM3 as i used it as a base to backdate from, so

Argentina - Complete
    Brazil - Complete
    Belgium - Complete
    Denmark - Complete
    England - Complete
    France - Complete
    Germany - Complete
    Holland - Complete
    Italy - Complete
    Japan - Complete
    Norway - Complete
    Portugal - Complete
    Scotland - Complete
    Spain - Complete
    Sweden - Complete
    USA - Complete

(The 1st 3 steps can be skipped if done previously)

1. Install the Game

2. Install the SI Games/3.9.68 Patch

3. Download the Data & Exe - https://www.sendspace.com/file/bu2zmn

4. Open the ZIP file titled CM93 and select Extract All (or whatever program you have installed)

5. Open the new Folder and go to the folder called 'CM93'

6. Paste into your Championship Manager 01-02 folder.

7. Right click on cm093.exe, cm0102ed.exe and A. Enable Compatibility & B. Run As Administrator

8. Delete cm0102 exe, you will be using cm93 exe.

9. If it is your only version of 0102 you are good to go, if not perhaps rename the folder from Championship Manager 01-02 to Championship Manager 01-02 93-94 or even Championship Manager 93-94
    Yes, it's in the OP.

15. The Following User Says Thank You to Cam F For This Useful Post:

Kind of ironic a Gers fan made the update. I thought Gers were pretty good, McCoist is awesome, Goram is awesome, As are Ferguson Dunc and Hateley, who do you think needs improved?

Smith 532 is hard coded by makers of game. The forum used to delete him and stick a space after one of his names so he wouldnít play 532.
    No one in particular, just noticed when managing other teams they donít often win the league. It might well be down to Smiths 532.

I've been loving this data pack. Currently approaching Christmas 2009 and I've ended up at Barcelona, but now struggling, was mid table for a while but pushed up to 6th.

18. The Following User Says Thank You to dparv For This Useful Post:

Congratulations for everyone involved in making this happen|It's awesome.

I've encountered a problem. I've updated some small things on the editor (player positions, released 3 players from Real Madrid so that Raul and Guti don't start as free agents). I've used CMPatcher(latest version). The first season went fine, then my pc shut down and the files where the game was saved became impossible to load. This has happened once before with another data update so I look at it as something wrong in my pc.

What I see now whenever I start a new game (six leagues selected, rest on background, max database) is that all the clubs from some league(Argentina happens all the time) has all its players as gk's. I don't understand why this happens.

Any thoughts?
    Last edited by mig11; 23-10-20 at 11:36 PM.

20. The Following User Says Thank You to mig11 For This Useful Post:

Run CMdbsort and see if it fixes.
    https://champman0102.co.uk/downloads.php?do=file&id=9

22. The Following User Says Thank You to bruebous For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by mig11 View Post
    Congratulations for everyone involved in making this happen|It's awesome.

I've encountered a problem. I've updated some small things on the editor (player positions, released 3 players from Real Madrid so that Raul and Guti don't start as free agents). I've used CMPatcher(latest version). The first season went fine, then my pc shut down and the files where the game was saved became impossible to load. This has happened once before with another data update so I look at it as something wrong in my pc.

What I see now whenever I start a new game (six leagues selected, rest on background, max database) is that all the clubs from some league(Argentina happens all the time) has all its players as gk's. I don't understand why this happens.

Any thoughts?
    https://champman0102.co.uk/downloads.php?do=file&id=9

24. The Following User Says Thank You to Cam F For This Useful Post:

Thank you to both but it didn't fix the problem. I wish I wasn't forced to do a fresh install and lose the small updates I made on the editor. What's interesting is that the first save I played and was able to play one season, didn't have this problem.

Anyone noticed any players that arenít reaching their potential? I havenít been looking much but Phil Neville was released by Man Utd in 99, clearly not good enough for them so potentially he needs tweaked. Also thought Savo Milosevic and Freddie Kanoute wasnít quite up to standard.

I think the more we all play this and give feedback means that it can still be an on going process for improvement.

Quote Originally Posted by ictpaisley View Post
    Anyone noticed any players that arenít reaching their potential? I havenít been looking much but Phil Neville was released by Man Utd in 99, clearly not good enough for them so potentially he needs tweaked. Also thought Savo Milosevic and Freddie Kanoute wasnít quite up to standard.

I think the more we all play this and give feedback means that it can still be an on going process for improvement.

Following on from that Iíve had a look through the euro 2000 squads and noticed a few missing so potential improvements for the following

Christian Abbiati
    Olof Melberg
    Johan Mjallby
    Tore Andre Flo
    Steffen Iverson
    Michel Salgado
    Raul
    Patrick Vieira
    Boudewijn Zenden
    Michael Reiziger
    Savo Milosevic
    Phil Neville

A couple players also missing who were just around in 93/94 which I think would add to the database is ...

Erik Bakke
    Joos Valgaeren

Quote Originally Posted by ictpaisley View Post
    Following on from that Iíve had a look through the euro 2000 squads and noticed a few missing so potential improvements for the following

Christian Abbiati
    Olof Melberg
    Johan Mjallby
    Tore Andre Flo
    Steffen Iverson
    Michel Salgado
    Raul
    Patrick Vieira
    Boudewijn Zenden
    Michael Reiziger
    Savo Milosevic
    Phil Neville

A couple players also missing who were just around in 93/94 which I think would add to the database is ...

Erik Bakke
    Joos Valgaeren

Both Bakke & Valgaren are in the db.

I am no expert so making players to fulfill their potential almost a decade later at 7 years later without getting picked too soon is hard, it's a fine balance. 7 years is a long time, that's whole point of -1 & -2, it gives you a chance they will not be as good or possibly even better. Phil Neville was/is shite tho.

Bet they wish he hadn't made Euro 2000 as his stupidity got them knocked out

I don't play or edit this db now as back to 0001 but if you want to suggest alternate PA to what they have below, cool with that.

Christian Abbiati -1
    Olof Melberg -1
    Johan Mjallby 155
    Tore Andre Flo -2
    Steffen Iverson 158
    Michel Salgado -2
    Raul 190
    Patrick Vieira 178
    Boudewijn Zenden -1
    Michael Reiziger 150
    Savo Milosevic 164
    Phil Neville 168

Both Bakke & Valgaren are in the db.

I am no expert so making players to fulfill their potential almost a decade later at 7 years later without getting picked too soon is hard, it's a fine balance. 7 years is a long time, that's whole point of -1 & -2, it gives you a chance they will not be as good or possibly even better. Phil Neville was/is shite tho.

Bet they wish he hadn't made Euro 2000 as his stupidity got them knocked out

I don't play or edit this db now as back to 0001 but if you want to suggest alternate PA to what they have below, cool with that.

Christian Abbiati -1
    Olof Melberg -1
    Johan Mjallby 155
    Tore Andre Flo -2
    Steffen Iverson 158
    Michel Salgado -2
    Raul 190
    Patrick Vieira 178
    Boudewijn Zenden -1
    Michael Reiziger 150
    Savo Milosevic 164
    Phil Neville 168
    No expert either, havenít played about with the editor enough to know how and when to guarantee players to reach their potential. Also unsure if maybe in another save those players may be a lot better.

It was just an observation to maybe enhance the realism for future saves. Itís by far my favourite database now so will continue playing regardless.

30. The Following User Says Thank You to ictpaisley For This Useful Post:

Another thing is Meadowbank Thistle, although they were there that season in 1994 it was Livingston. I canít say much though because at least youíve added Inverness into it who again werenít there until 1994 either. Now getting fairly deep into the save it would have been good to have them in it.

Possibly even the relegation from the third division to allow new teams in and add freshness into it.

32. The Following User Says Thank You to ictpaisley For This Useful Post:

Original fastest commentary speed is still too slow for me so I applied Tapani patcher 2.2.1.1. but it resulted player values and wages raised up to 01/02 version eg. 15-20m top player values and 60-80k wages.
    Now I'm using cm93.exe v8. How can I speed up commentary without effect the player values and wages?

----
    We all know many people love CM01/02 but how could we imagine that there some people working hard to bring almost 30 years back the memory of 90s football. Big thanks to Cam and people who do this fantasic work. This project is categorized as the time machine indeed!
    ---

34. The Following User Says Thank You to inwza For This Useful Post: