vCash
    Not bad...

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Cam F For This Useful Post:

AMC

vCash
    What patch is this now Cam?

April 2017 on to 00/01?

vCash
    October 16 on 0001, only about 25k players. works spain, eng, sco and Italy. Problem is 0001 doesn't recognise some of the foreign symbols so crashes, this one Is fine but when I inserted more it crashed so just manually updating those leagues before I think of next step. Kept to this year as Gerrard, Lampard and Robbie Keane still playing.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Cam F For This Useful Post:

AMC

vCash
    Awesome mate

vCash
    Dusseldorf

After finishing 8 points behind league winners Leverkusen last season I knew we weren't too far away, but that didn't stop me making 12 signings for a combined 19.5m, including two of my former Betis players David de Gea for 5m, and the genius that is Zoltan Vincze for 6m now 33 but a fantastic player all the same. 12 players left bringing in 13.25m, mostly reserves on a free with Kwadwo Asamoah move to Rosenborg the biggest deal as he left for 7.5m

League Cup

The League Cup gave us the chance to get some early silverware and a chance to move on to an "F" job (classing England as my "E"), but a combination of players missing due to the Confederations Cup and a lack of match fitness made it a difficult task. We did win our Quarter Final against Stuttgart thanks to goals from Iuliano (signed on a free), Pagliari (that's both Italian centre backs on the scoresheet) and attacking midfielder Florian Bruns getting the killer third. Champions Leverkusen were our Semi Final opponents and we fell apart going down 4-1, Dean Furman with a consolation goal after Owen Hargeaves, Franck Ribery and a brace from Thomas Muller (you'd think we'd played Bayern Munich!) gave them the win. Leverkusen wouldn't lift the trophy though, as Schalke beat them 2-1 in the final with Alan Dzagoev running the show with a goal and an assist.

German Cup

After naming a weakened side last season and being humiliated by non league opposition I weren't making the same mistake twice! The first round saw us away at non league Munster which we won with goals from Zidane and Reus, but the draw wasn't kind for the 2nd round as we drew Leverkusen and despite being drawn at home, another brace from Muller put us to the sword, with Sana getting a late goal for us.

Champions League

After finishing 2nd in the league last season we were entered straight into the first group stage alongside AC Milan, PSV Eindhoven and Wisla Krakow. We made surprisingly light work of the group with 5 wins and one draw from our games (a 0-0 draw in Milan our only blemish), and we were through to the 2nd Group stage to take on Real Madrid, Celtic and my alter ego's team Rangers. We didn't get off to the best start losing 4-2 at Ibrox, but a draw in Madrid and a win over Celtic at home put us back on track. We experienced defeat again in Glasgow as we lost 1-0 at Celtic in a game we dominated but we closed out with two wins at home to Rangers and Real Madrid to seal a Quarter Final place. Around this time we were stuttering a bit in the league and with suspensions and injuries I named a weakened team for the games against Barcelona, with the league my main aim for the season. I didn't expect us to fare well but I certainly didn't expect us to lose 7-0 at home! The second leg weren't as bad losing 2-1 in the Nou Camp, but a 9-1 agg defeat was definitely not what I was expecting!

League

Our last chance of lifting a trophy was the Bundesliga and we got off to a good start with 3 consecutive wins, but then inexplicably lost at home to Dortmund 8-3! We lost the next game as well 2-0 away at Wolfsburg but then managed to win our next 9 games to soar into top spot. We were scoring plenty but also conceding a lot, and to the neutrals our games would have been a great watch, our first draw was a dramatic 4-4 away at Leverkusen in late January, but despite stuttering slightly in March we were still in a great position to win the league.

Late April was when it got really interested though! I'd had my eye on the Fiorentina job for some time with Fatih Terim on shaky ground and eventually on the 26th April he was sacked and the job was available, unfortunately I still hadn't won anything with Dusseldorf to move on, but I did apply hoping to have won it by the time I got offered. At that point we were 7 points clear of Schalke with 4 games left to play so we were close, but despite Schalke losing at home to Kaiserslautern 3-2 the win we needed to win the league didn't come as we lost at home to Leverkusen 2-0 on the 2nd May. The following day I was offered the Fiorentina job, I had no option but to reject it and re-apply for it, with our lead still at 7 points but now with just 3 games to go, a win in our next game would guarantee the title and the chance to move on - if Fiorentina still wanted me was a different story though!

So to the 8th May, away at 14th placed Monchengladbach, and when Vincze had to be stretchered off after half hour I knew it wasn't going to be our day as we lost 2-1, and there was no slip up from Schalke as they won 4-2 against the Stuggarter Kickers. 4 days later Fiorentina once again came calling for my services, and once again I would have to reject and re-apply and pray that for a third time they would offer me the job and I had won the title by then. May 16th, we were at home to Schalke, anything but defeat and the title would be ours, Hortensio Mate put us ahead on 12 mins, but German International striker Peter Wimmer tied things up on 29 mins and at the break it was 1-1. Mate put us ahead again on 52, but Wimmer equalised again on 56, and when Rudy Haddad made it 3-2 Schalke on 74 I thought we'd thrown it away, but on 87 mins Claudio Lopez grabbed an equaliser for us, and when the final whistle went the title was ours! That also meant I could now leave, and thankfully the following day Fiorentina came back and this time I could say yes!

Player of the Season

That man Zoltan Vincze with an average rating of 8.35 with 11 assists and 5 goals from 23 games, the only blemish being his continuing inability to play more than a couple of times a week, or last more than about 70 mins in a game. Hortensio Mate deserves a mention too, with 23 goals in 32 apps (18 in 23 league apps) and an average rating of 7.91, not bad on a bosman from Real Madrid.

Last edited by AMC; 27-11-17 at 11:52 AM.

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to AMC For This Useful Post:

vCash
    Those Italians probably have a good eye for quality managers!

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Vrkh For This Useful Post:

AMC

vCash
    Thankfully so, I’d have been very angry if I missed out on the job because we didn’t win the title sooner!

12. The Following User Says Thank You to AMC For This Useful Post:

vCash
    Hi Guys.. I've had 00/01 for ever.. but having seen you lot playing with todays stars, I would love to do the same. How can I get all of the current players to be available for 00/01

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by kloot29 View Post
    Hi Guys.. I've had 00/01 for ever.. but having seen you lot playing with todays stars, I would love to do the same. How can I get all of the current players to be available for 00/01
    Credits must go to the mighty Cam F and I don't use it myself, so I don't know if it contains all of the current players: https://champman0102.co.uk/showthrea...248#post306248

15. The Following User Says Thank You to Vrkh For This Useful Post:

vCash
    Because of their win in last year's FA Cup Final, Torquay (D1) played a 'bonus match' against us at the beginning of this season. At Wembley the battle for the Charity Shield 2021/2022 delivered a total of thirteen shots on target (11 off target): one for them and a whopping twelve for us (5 vs. 6 badly placed shots). We saw one of ours converted near the end of the first half and it was Compagno (AM/FRLC) with the goal: 1-0! For the seventh time we lifted this trophy (2008, 2012, 2014, 2016, 2019, 2020 & 2021), while this opportunity was wasted at five other attempts (2009, 2013, 2015, 2017 & 2018).

Promising draw in our first tie in the League Cup (R3) at home versus York (D2). We made things difficult for ourselves due to a very early red card for Beresford (MC). Close to the hour mark the deadlock was broken by Green (AM/FRC) and within ten minutes a player of the away side was sent off as well and Jackson (AM/FRLC) dispatched the following penalty. With fifteen minutes still to play, Green went to five for the season: 3-0! Our level of play needed a serious adjustment in the Fourth Round, with a trip to Manchester United (PD). After thirty minutes a goal by Knight (SC) was ruled out and at the stroke of half time, it was Callaghan (AMC) who opened the scoring. Just over thirty minutes into the second half, Knight did make it onto the scoresheet: 0-2! Quarter Final already and Fulham (PD) came to visit The Lawn. In the second quarter after the break, Viola (SC) and Wilson (AM/FLC) gave us a comfortable lead, which was halved the minute after our second goal. The guests scored one more in the 90th minute, but we were happy Viola completed his brace before that: 3-2! The First Leg of our Semi Final was played at the ground of Whitby Town (D3). Just five minutes underway and Young (D/MR) handed us an away goal. In the second half Viola and Craig (SC) made all the difference: 0-3! At home we weren't all that motivated, but our place in the final was never in danger: 0-0 (agg 3-0). At Wembley against Charlton (PD), our talisman Knight brought us in front halfway into the first half. A few minutes before the interval, a penalty levelled that one out. Less than five minutes after the restart, Green gave us the lead for the second time. Later on, two players mainly dressed in red were shown a card with that very same colour, the second of which resulted in a penalty for us. When Craig nestled that one in for his 20th of the seaon, all doubts were gone: 1-3! We reached this Final for the seventh time, winning it on five occasions (2008, 2014, 2015, 2018 & 2022) and losing it twice (2020 & 2021).

For us, the FA Cup also started in the Third Round, with a trip to Millwall (D1). This awful match by both teams had a replay written all over it: 0-0. In front of our own fans, their goalkeeper picked up the award for Man of the Match. In the fifth minute, Green did score his tenth goal of the season and that was enough for the win: 1-0! At home to Portsmouth (PD) in the Fourth Round, Andy Stewart (SC) needed only two minutes to score. With about twenty minutes to go, Neill (GK) received a red card and the visitors equalised from the spot. A handful of minutes remaining until the final whistle and David Christensen (AM/FC) saved us: 2-1! In the Fifth Round, Southampton (D1) came to town. Just minutes before the end of the first 45, we took the lead thanks to Craig. Early into the second half, we conceded another penalty for an equaliser. Then Craig made his fifteenth of 2021/2022 and Compagno also found the net in this game: 3-1! For the second time this season, we went to the red part of Manchester to play a cup match. Pretty early in the second half, when Viola scored, we only brought our deficit down from three to two. After that, Compagno reached double figures for the season, only to accomplish the same thing as his fellow countryman: 4-2 (with both teams on four shots between the sticks)...

In a Champions League Group with Lausanne (Sui), Porto (Por) and Napoli (Ita), we were already through to the next group after playing the first four fixtures. One more point from the last two duels saw us win this First Group as well. We then had to face Juventus (Ita), Lyon (Fra) and Iraklis (Gre). This time around, five games had to be played to secure a place in the next round. A goalless home draw against the Italians meant we couldn't win this group too...

Spoiler!

Familiar opposition in het Quarter Finals of the Champions League, with Charlton the hosts in the First Leg. First-half goals by both Foster (SC) and Viola made life easy for us: 0-2! I still don't know what we did in the last fifteen minutes of the first half, but we were 0-3 down at half time... 25 minutes later, Knight did something back, but the away goals weren't in our favour. In the very last minute, Jackson helped us out at last: 2-3 (agg 4-3). First at home to Anderlecht (Bel) in the Semi Finals. A late penalty before we hit the dressing rooms after 45 minutes, with Jackson scoring his fifth of the season. The Belgians had a leveller disallowed at first, but in the end, maybe they deserved even more than a draw: 1-1. In Brussels, we scored in the first (Wilson) and the last minute (Craig) of the game, although someone else produced a hat-trick in the meantime: 3-2 (agg 4-3)...

Starting the league campaign with two 4-0 victories was excellent, but losing the next two home games was terrible. And so we had some chasing to do from then on. Before the winter months, I offered Knight a contract as player/coach, which he accepted. Too bad for us, his coaching attributes are a disgrace... Later in the season, he broke a Premier Division record by appearing between the lines at the age of 39! Despite having a game in hand, we celebrated yet another league title after playing 36 of 38 duels! We picked up four out of six points in those two games, with Knight rescuing a point for us on the final matchday of the season! That makes a bit of a boring top-flight history for Forest Green Rovers, the champions of 2008, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2021 and 2022!!!

Spoiler!

17. The Following User Says Thank You to Vrkh For This Useful Post:

vCash
    Not much words needed to pay tribute to the career of a true club legend, who unfortunately only played thirteen times for England (3 goals).

19. The Following User Says Thank You to Vrkh For This Useful Post:

Page 72 of 72 FirstFirst ... 626869707172