vCash
    Not bad...

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Cam F For This Useful Post:

AMC

vCash
    What patch is this now Cam?

April 2017 on to 00/01?

vCash
    October 16 on 0001, only about 25k players. works spain, eng, sco and Italy. Problem is 0001 doesn't recognise some of the foreign symbols so crashes, this one Is fine but when I inserted more it crashed so just manually updating those leagues before I think of next step. Kept to this year as Gerrard, Lampard and Robbie Keane still playing.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Cam F For This Useful Post:

AMC

vCash
    Awesome mate

vCash
    Dusseldorf

After finishing 8 points behind league winners Leverkusen last season I knew we weren't too far away, but that didn't stop me making 12 signings for a combined 19.5m, including two of my former Betis players David de Gea for 5m, and the genius that is Zoltan Vincze for 6m now 33 but a fantastic player all the same. 12 players left bringing in 13.25m, mostly reserves on a free with Kwadwo Asamoah move to Rosenborg the biggest deal as he left for 7.5m

League Cup

The League Cup gave us the chance to get some early silverware and a chance to move on to an "F" job (classing England as my "E"), but a combination of players missing due to the Confederations Cup and a lack of match fitness made it a difficult task. We did win our Quarter Final against Stuttgart thanks to goals from Iuliano (signed on a free), Pagliari (that's both Italian centre backs on the scoresheet) and attacking midfielder Florian Bruns getting the killer third. Champions Leverkusen were our Semi Final opponents and we fell apart going down 4-1, Dean Furman with a consolation goal after Owen Hargeaves, Franck Ribery and a brace from Thomas Muller (you'd think we'd played Bayern Munich!) gave them the win. Leverkusen wouldn't lift the trophy though, as Schalke beat them 2-1 in the final with Alan Dzagoev running the show with a goal and an assist.

German Cup

After naming a weakened side last season and being humiliated by non league opposition I weren't making the same mistake twice! The first round saw us away at non league Munster which we won with goals from Zidane and Reus, but the draw wasn't kind for the 2nd round as we drew Leverkusen and despite being drawn at home, another brace from Muller put us to the sword, with Sana getting a late goal for us.

Champions League

After finishing 2nd in the league last season we were entered straight into the first group stage alongside AC Milan, PSV Eindhoven and Wisla Krakow. We made surprisingly light work of the group with 5 wins and one draw from our games (a 0-0 draw in Milan our only blemish), and we were through to the 2nd Group stage to take on Real Madrid, Celtic and my alter ego's team Rangers. We didn't get off to the best start losing 4-2 at Ibrox, but a draw in Madrid and a win over Celtic at home put us back on track. We experienced defeat again in Glasgow as we lost 1-0 at Celtic in a game we dominated but we closed out with two wins at home to Rangers and Real Madrid to seal a Quarter Final place. Around this time we were stuttering a bit in the league and with suspensions and injuries I named a weakened team for the games against Barcelona, with the league my main aim for the season. I didn't expect us to fare well but I certainly didn't expect us to lose 7-0 at home! The second leg weren't as bad losing 2-1 in the Nou Camp, but a 9-1 agg defeat was definitely not what I was expecting!

League

Our last chance of lifting a trophy was the Bundesliga and we got off to a good start with 3 consecutive wins, but then inexplicably lost at home to Dortmund 8-3! We lost the next game as well 2-0 away at Wolfsburg but then managed to win our next 9 games to soar into top spot. We were scoring plenty but also conceding a lot, and to the neutrals our games would have been a great watch, our first draw was a dramatic 4-4 away at Leverkusen in late January, but despite stuttering slightly in March we were still in a great position to win the league.

Late April was when it got really interested though! I'd had my eye on the Fiorentina job for some time with Fatih Terim on shaky ground and eventually on the 26th April he was sacked and the job was available, unfortunately I still hadn't won anything with Dusseldorf to move on, but I did apply hoping to have won it by the time I got offered. At that point we were 7 points clear of Schalke with 4 games left to play so we were close, but despite Schalke losing at home to Kaiserslautern 3-2 the win we needed to win the league didn't come as we lost at home to Leverkusen 2-0 on the 2nd May. The following day I was offered the Fiorentina job, I had no option but to reject it and re-apply for it, with our lead still at 7 points but now with just 3 games to go, a win in our next game would guarantee the title and the chance to move on - if Fiorentina still wanted me was a different story though!

So to the 8th May, away at 14th placed Monchengladbach, and when Vincze had to be stretchered off after half hour I knew it wasn't going to be our day as we lost 2-1, and there was no slip up from Schalke as they won 4-2 against the Stuggarter Kickers. 4 days later Fiorentina once again came calling for my services, and once again I would have to reject and re-apply and pray that for a third time they would offer me the job and I had won the title by then. May 16th, we were at home to Schalke, anything but defeat and the title would be ours, Hortensio Mate put us ahead on 12 mins, but German International striker Peter Wimmer tied things up on 29 mins and at the break it was 1-1. Mate put us ahead again on 52, but Wimmer equalised again on 56, and when Rudy Haddad made it 3-2 Schalke on 74 I thought we'd thrown it away, but on 87 mins Claudio Lopez grabbed an equaliser for us, and when the final whistle went the title was ours! That also meant I could now leave, and thankfully the following day Fiorentina came back and this time I could say yes!

Player of the Season

That man Zoltan Vincze with an average rating of 8.35 with 11 assists and 5 goals from 23 games, the only blemish being his continuing inability to play more than a couple of times a week, or last more than about 70 mins in a game. Hortensio Mate deserves a mention too, with 23 goals in 32 apps (18 in 23 league apps) and an average rating of 7.91, not bad on a bosman from Real Madrid.

Last edited by AMC; 27-11-17 at 11:52 AM.

8. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to AMC For This Useful Post:

vCash
    Those Italians probably have a good eye for quality managers!

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Vrkh For This Useful Post:

AMC

vCash
    Thankfully so, I’d have been very angry if I missed out on the job because we didn’t win the title sooner!

12. The Following User Says Thank You to AMC For This Useful Post:

vCash
    Hi Guys.. I've had 00/01 for ever.. but having seen you lot playing with todays stars, I would love to do the same. How can I get all of the current players to be available for 00/01

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by kloot29 View Post
    Hi Guys.. I've had 00/01 for ever.. but having seen you lot playing with todays stars, I would love to do the same. How can I get all of the current players to be available for 00/01
    Credits must go to the mighty Cam F and I don't use it myself, so I don't know if it contains all of the current players: https://champman0102.co.uk/showthrea...248#post306248

15. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Vrkh For This Useful Post:

vCash
    Because of their win in last year's FA Cup Final, Torquay (D1) played a 'bonus match' against us at the beginning of this season. At Wembley the battle for the Charity Shield 2021/2022 delivered a total of thirteen shots on target (11 off target): one for them and a whopping twelve for us (5 vs. 6 badly placed shots). We saw one of ours converted near the end of the first half and it was Compagno (AM/FRLC) with the goal: 1-0! For the seventh time we lifted this trophy (2008, 2012, 2014, 2016, 2019, 2020 & 2021), while this opportunity was wasted at five other attempts (2009, 2013, 2015, 2017 & 2018).

Promising draw in our first tie in the League Cup (R3) at home versus York (D2). We made things difficult for ourselves due to a very early red card for Beresford (MC). Close to the hour mark the deadlock was broken by Green (AM/FRC) and within ten minutes a player of the away side was sent off as well and Jackson (AM/FRLC) dispatched the following penalty. With fifteen minutes still to play, Green went to five for the season: 3-0! Our level of play needed a serious adjustment in the Fourth Round, with a trip to Manchester United (PD). After thirty minutes a goal by Knight (SC) was ruled out and at the stroke of half time, it was Callaghan (AMC) who opened the scoring. Just over thirty minutes into the second half, Knight did make it onto the scoresheet: 0-2! Quarter Final already and Fulham (PD) came to visit The Lawn. In the second quarter after the break, Viola (SC) and Wilson (AM/FLC) gave us a comfortable lead, which was halved the minute after our second goal. The guests scored one more in the 90th minute, but we were happy Viola completed his brace before that: 3-2! The First Leg of our Semi Final was played at the ground of Whitby Town (D3). Just five minutes underway and Young (D/MR) handed us an away goal. In the second half Viola and Craig (SC) made all the difference: 0-3! At home we weren't all that motivated, but our place in the final was never in danger: 0-0 (agg 3-0). At Wembley against Charlton (PD), our talisman Knight brought us in front halfway into the first half. A few minutes before the interval, a penalty levelled that one out. Less than five minutes after the restart, Green gave us the lead for the second time. Later on, two players mainly dressed in red were shown a card with that very same colour, the second of which resulted in a penalty for us. When Craig nestled that one in for his 20th of the seaon, all doubts were gone: 1-3! We reached this Final for the seventh time, winning it on five occasions (2008, 2014, 2015, 2018 & 2022) and losing it twice (2020 & 2021).

For us, the FA Cup also started in the Third Round, with a trip to Millwall (D1). This awful match by both teams had a replay written all over it: 0-0. In front of our own fans, their goalkeeper picked up the award for Man of the Match. In the fifth minute, Green did score his tenth goal of the season and that was enough for the win: 1-0! At home to Portsmouth (PD) in the Fourth Round, Andy Stewart (SC) needed only two minutes to score. With about twenty minutes to go, Neill (GK) received a red card and the visitors equalised from the spot. A handful of minutes remaining until the final whistle and David Christensen (AM/FC) saved us: 2-1! In the Fifth Round, Southampton (D1) came to town. Just minutes before the end of the first 45, we took the lead thanks to Craig. Early into the second half, we conceded another penalty for an equaliser. Then Craig made his fifteenth of 2021/2022 and Compagno also found the net in this game: 3-1! For the second time this season, we went to the red part of Manchester to play a cup match. Pretty early in the second half, when Viola scored, we only brought our deficit down from three to two. After that, Compagno reached double figures for the season, only to accomplish the same thing as his fellow countryman: 4-2 (with both teams on four shots between the sticks)...

In a Champions League Group with Lausanne (Sui), Porto (Por) and Napoli (Ita), we were already through to the next group after playing the first four fixtures. One more point from the last two duels saw us win this First Group as well. We then had to face Juventus (Ita), Lyon (Fra) and Iraklis (Gre). This time around, five games had to be played to secure a place in the next round. A goalless home draw against the Italians meant we couldn't win this group too...

Spoiler!

Familiar opposition in het Quarter Finals of the Champions League, with Charlton the hosts in the First Leg. First-half goals by both Foster (SC) and Viola made life easy for us: 0-2! I still don't know what we did in the last fifteen minutes of the first half, but we were 0-3 down at half time... 25 minutes later, Knight did something back, but the away goals weren't in our favour. In the very last minute, Jackson helped us out at last: 2-3 (agg 4-3). First at home to Anderlecht (Bel) in the Semi Finals. A late penalty before we hit the dressing rooms after 45 minutes, with Jackson scoring his fifth of the season. The Belgians had a leveller disallowed at first, but in the end, maybe they deserved even more than a draw: 1-1. In Brussels, we scored in the first (Wilson) and the last minute (Craig) of the game, although someone else produced a hat-trick in the meantime: 3-2 (agg 4-3)...

Starting the league campaign with two 4-0 victories was excellent, but losing the next two home games was terrible. And so we had some chasing to do from then on. Before the winter months, I offered Knight a contract as player/coach, which he accepted. Too bad for us, his coaching attributes are a disgrace... Later in the season, he broke a Premier Division record by appearing between the lines at the age of 39! Despite having a game in hand, we celebrated yet another league title after playing 36 of 38 duels! We picked up four out of six points in those two games, with Knight rescuing a point for us on the final matchday of the season! That makes a bit of a boring top-flight history for Forest Green Rovers, the champions of 2008, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2021 and 2022!!!

Spoiler!

17. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Vrkh For This Useful Post:

vCash
    Not much words needed to pay tribute to the career of a true club legend, who unfortunately only played thirteen times for England (3 goals).

19. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Vrkh For This Useful Post:

vCash
    This game was so realistic even back then!

21. The Following User Says Thank You to Vrkh For This Useful Post:

AMC

vCash
    Could I make a respectful request for a "re-up" of Cam F's dwsv5 zidane tactic?

All the old links I could find don't work and I loved playing this tactic (with either Baggio, Carbone and Zola in the "Zidane" role)

vCash
    Is Knight still playing this coming season or has he retired that's why you've posted his history? An unbelievable servant for yourself and Forest Green anyway.

DWSv5 tactic - https://www.sendspace.com/file/sofb5m

24. The Following User Says Thank You to AMC For This Useful Post:

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by AMC View Post
    Is Knight still playing this coming season or has he retired that's why you've posted his history? An unbelievable servant for yourself and Forest Green anyway.
    2021/2022 was his last season as a player. Maybe I should have mentioned that

Now he's one of the coaches at FGR. He proved to be an excellent (Bosman) signing over the years!

26. The Following User Says Thank You to Vrkh For This Useful Post:

AMC

vCash
    I saw he was player/coach but not that he actually retired.

Still no thoughts on leaving FGR? With Knight retired and the league academic each year now, it may be time for a new challenge.

28. The Following User Says Thank You to AMC For This Useful Post:

vCash
    I saw he was player/coach but not that he actually retired.

Still no thoughts on leaving FGR? With Knight retired and the league academic each year now, it may be time for a new challenge.
    The connection between me and them is too strong to give up yet...

30. The Following User Says Thank You to Vrkh For This Useful Post:

vCash
    Thanks for the link

DWSv5 tactic - https://www.sendspace.com/file/sofb5m

vCash
    The Charity Shield is the season opener in which we featured for many years in a row. As the champions of England, we faced promoted Watford (PD) this time. Fair play to them, for winning the FA Cup whilst playing in the First Division! They therefore didn't need much time to get used to the circumstances at Wembley. After only three minutes we were already hunting them and it didn't take Jan Hoekstra (SC) long to make a debut goal, seven minutes later. At the half-hour mark we were behind once more and could only come back early in the second half, through Craig (SC). Near the end of the match, their third shot within the frame of the goal went in and our eight attempts of that kind during ninety minutes weren't sufficient to answer that: 2-3...

Another route to possible silverware then, namely the League Cup, with us starting in the Third Round away at Nottingham Forest (D1). A hit from Bradley (AMLC) after just ten minutes and a fifth of the season for Viola (SC) at the stroke of half time, saw us advancing comfortably: 0-2! At home to Stockport (PD) next, again with a first-half strike by Bradley, but early in the second part, Vonk (DMC) received his second yellow card. Not much to fear from the opposition in this Fourth Round, though: 1-0! Down to the last eight and Manchester United (PD) came to visit us. Just over fifteen minutes played when they took the lead, but about a quarter of an hour later, one of the Red Devils did what Vonk did in our previous round. Two minutes after that incident, Barnard (AMRC) punished them for that and although they remained the better side, he grabbed his brace just minutes before the final whistle was blown: 2-1! A narrow escape later and a double confrontation with Hull (D1) awaited us. In the first fixture, at our park, Craig handed us an early lead, which they levelled in the first half. Nothing to write home about in the second period, hence all the more pressure on the return: 1-1. In the very same minute as we did at home, they broke the deadlock. They then had another goal ruled out, another legal first-half goal and someone with a double yellow in the second half. All we had to offer, were more parried shots than them: 2-0 (agg 3-1)...

That's two opportunities down the drain... Bring the FA Cup on! Away to Luton (D2) in the Third Round. They were solely aiming for a replay and that's excactly what they got: 0-0. At the Lawn, their resistance lasted almost thirty minutes, before Viola scored. About ten minutes later, their goalkeeper was sent off and Viola smashed the penalty home for his fiftieth FGR goal. In the second half, Thomas Krogh (AMC; 1st this season), Barnard (5th of 2022/2023) and Peter Callaghan (AMLC) added their names to the scoresheet: 5-0! Away to non-league Gateshead in the Fourth Round, with a season-first from Mason before the break and goals by Krogh and Hoekstra in the second half: 0-3! A home game against Sunderland (PD) in the Fifth Round and all the goals were scored in the opening half, via Barnard (3x), Craig and Viola: 5-0! For a place amongst the last four, we visited Stockport and while we were playing them again, the first half had all the goals once more. This time Callaghan worked his way to the five-goal milestone by a brace and Craig found the back of the net between those goals: 0-3! A neutral venue to decide if Blackburn (PD) or Forest Green would make it to the Final. David Neill (GK) was our Man of the Match and Craig (31') our match winner: 0-1! Our return to Wembley and we were there to do some business versus Manchester United once more. Before one of their players got his marching orders early in the second half, Hoekstra, Craig and Green (AM/FRC) already made the difference in the first half: 3-0!

In Europe, the Champions League to be precise, we managed to score less goals than we conceded in the First Group with Varteks (Hrv), Nantes (Fra) and Viborg FF (Den). I still don't know how we did it, but with only seven points on the board, we proceeded to the next group phase. Anderlecht (Bel), Lyon (Fra) and Deportivo (Spa) the opponents in our Second Group. In the end, our performances weren't much different at all in this one, but the overall outcome slightly was...

Spoiler!

This season, David Neill broke the club record for most league appearances in a Forest Green jersey. We also conceded more goals than we ever did in a Premier Division season. That's probably the main reason for the fact that Arsenal were the league leaders for a great part of the past year. Because we had many attackers and midfielders that can score a goal, the way up was found at last and Arsenal even lost their second place to Manchester United. So we kicked the Mancunians out of the League Cup, defeated them in the FA Cup Final and won the league ahead of them, with only one game to spare.

Spoiler!

vCash
    It was that time of year again, where we had the chance to win the Charity Shield. At Wembley, Manchester United (PD) were the ones to make life difficult for us. I could imagine the hatred they cherished against us, given the way the battles between us for silverware ended last season. Seven minutes were needed for Wilson (AM/FLC) to open the scoring and with the last kick of the first 45 minutes, they drew level with us. Inside the first five of the last fifteen minutes of the regular ninety, Roy Vonk (DMC) produced a brace within two minutes and Craig (SC) put the icing on the cake: 1-4!

We weren't able to defend our League Cup title succesfully the last time around. A new chance to win this one began in the Third Round, being pitted against Peterborough, a same-tier side. Just over ten minutes underway and we were one down already. A first-half brace by Hoekstra (SC) and a landmark fifth of the season for Craig got us a double lead at the break. We completely gave that away in the second period and a last-minute winner by Green (AM/FRC) saved the day for us: 4-3! The same sort of tricky opposition came out of the hat for the Fourth Round. Again at home versus a team from the Premier Division. After more than an hour of gameplay, Leicester scored first and things didn't get any easier for us when David McCann (DRC) went off for an early bath, because of two bookable fouls. Not many minutes later, Krogh (AMC) produced the unlikely equaliser and in the remaining twenty minutes, we conceded twice: 1-3...

Getting eliminated in that stage of the tournament, was way too soon for us. Any chance of doing better in the FA Cup, as the holders of that trophy? The draw wasn't that frightening, with an away game at Brentford from Division Two. A straight red card for Beresford (MC) after only five minutes was something else to handle for us. We did create more opportunities in front of goal than our lower-league challengers, but they were the only team to find the back of the net: 1-0...

The Champions League was a competition in which we didn't impress the previous season, so we were eager to set things straight during this campaign. In order to do so, we had to battle Slovan Bratislava (Svk), Milan (Ita) and Benfica (Por) for the two top-half places in the First Group. Home and away ties versus all three foreign squads resulted in very disappointing stats. We didn't even survive this phase and to make things worse, we also missed out on the UEFA Cup spot...

Spoiler!

It would be an understatement to say that the opening half of the season didn't go that well for us. Renewing our Premier Division title was kind of a struggle too, to say the least. In the process, Vonk broke the club record for most bookings (9 yellow and 3 red cards). My position at Forest Green Rovers was (slightly) insecure for several parts of the season. With a run of seven league wins in a row, we claimed the position at the top of the table, only to drop some more points after that. On the final matchday, we were at the summit on goal difference and went into the break of our last fixture with a four-goal (!) deficit. We did score four times in the second period to break the 100-goal mark in this competition, but we couldn't prevent losing more than this game alone...

Spoiler!

vCash
    Secretly, I was eyeing the record for most English top-flight titles, which now belongs to twenty-times winners Liverpool. Our tally of thirteen - with twelve of them in a row - wasn't extended after a pretty poor 2023/2024 season. Starting in the Conference back in 2000, this wasn't all that bad. Many of the current (so-called?) supporters probably forgot about that and mounted some more pressure on the Forest Green Rovers board of directors. In return, they gave them what they wanted and I could kiss this record goodbye...

That's how the choice to find a fresh challenge was made for me. In my experience, it always takes a minimal of about three months before you get offered a new club job after being sacked. So I was unemployed from the end of June until the beginning of October. By the time I signed my contract elsewhere, it wasn't easy to take a look at the English Premier Division table. It gave me the feeling that both the fans and the directors should be very proud of the decision they made earlier in the season:

Spoiler!

With not much managers on the move after just a few months of league action, my options were rather limited. Eventually, I decided to accept the assignment of improving a squad from a club that was underperforming, in my humble opinion. A stadium capacity of 83,646 (53,046 seats) doesn't belong in the third tier of any given country. Because the attendances more or less reflected the sporting malaise, the economic side of the story wasn't that rosy as well. Sounds like a perfect adventure to me!!!

Spoiler!

Before I entered, Eintracht Frankfurt somehow survived the First Round of the German Cup versus a team from the Second Division. I stepped into this competition in the Second Round, at home against Unterhaching, also playing one division up compared to us. Slightly over twenty minutes played and on-loan Andr Kurth (MLC) scores his first-ever goal to bring us in front. About ten minutes after the break, the equaliser was there, only to last for one minute, when Peter Netzer (FLC) found the net for the first time in his Frankfurt career. Fifteen minutes later, we lost Rainer Loos (GK) to injury and with only five more minutes left to play, a period of extra time was enforced by the visitors. No scoreline changes occurred during those thirty minutes and in the penalty shoot-out we recorded a total of three misses in nine attempts per side: 2-2 (pens 6-5)! The strength of the opposition increased in the Third Round, when Hannover 96 from the top-flight First Division came to our park. Through Gerd Menzel (DLC) after just five minutes, it was a loanee again who scored our first goal, but this time that was only good enough to already level the game. First-half goals by Pavel Danilov (FRC) - to reach double figures for the season - and Netzer put us in a comfortable position. In the last ten minutes of the game, the advantage was decreased first, before Danilov grabbed his brace: 4-2! Down to the last eight and at home once more, with Mainz (D1) the challengers now. Andr Kurth's opening goal after approximately twenty minutes was ruled out for offside and eventually we were one goal behind at the break. When Marcus Stenberg (SC) lifted his season tally to fifteen with about 25 minutes to play, we were completely back in the game. Three minutes later, we had to do something simular once again. Despite a last-minute red card for one of their players, we couldn't do it: 1-2...

I brought in fifteen players on loan and purchased only one, at the cost of € 10,000. Quite frankly, it was hard to create some level of consistency with this lot. We always kept the automatic promotion spots in sight, but were never able to fully reach them. On the final matchday, our deficit towards the team in second place - who we had beaten at their turf three days prior to this game - was two points. The least we could do, was winning our own fixture, which we did.

Spoiler!

My successor at FGR was fired in mid-April and eventually they saw themselves going down to the First Division. Maybe they finally understand that I worked wonders with that team throughout the years? Now a big fat "I told you so" was their part and I wish them all the luck in the world to build things up again, but I fear for the worst in the (nearby) future... However, I'm currently fully focussed on bringing the Adlertrger up. Perhaps the national title of 1959 can help to inspire us to in fact do so!

35. The Following User Says Thank You to Vrkh For This Useful Post:

vCash
    No way they sacked you! That's absolutely brutal the ungrateful feckers

37. The Following User Says Thank You to Cam F For This Useful Post:

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Cam F View Post
    No way they sacked you! That's absolutely brutal the ungrateful feckers
    Fascinating game with these kind of surprises in it!

39. The Following User Says Thank You to Vrkh For This Useful Post:

vCash
    My first full season in Germany, including the summer period prior to it, gave me the chance to bring in the players who suited my 4-1-3-2 (even) better. I had already arranged a handful of Bosman signings during the winter and added a couple of free transfers to that. When the sale of season tickets and the departure of many players who were on high wages lifted our bank balance, I had the possibility to spend around 500,000 on five more players. Only two players were able to keep their place in the starting eleven, the others were taken by new faces. A couple of loan deals were concluded to cope with any scenario, if needed to.

Our chase for a good cup run started at home against Chemnitz, a team from the top flight. After four league fixtures, this tie was much more challenging indeed. However, we were the ones who overwhelmed our opponents from the kick-off, which led to a penalty within the opening ten minutes! Everaldo de Souza Vieira (D/AMR) took this opportunity to get off the mark in a Frankfurt shirt and he failed miserably... About five minutes later, a Mickey Zkitischwili (AM/FC) volley did bring us in front and with twenty minutes still to play, the equaliser went in. This was it when it comes to scoring goals, even in the period of extra time. After one penalty each, this status didn't change either, but after that, only one more attempt was missed: 1-1 (pens 3-4)...

Despite us dominating almost every game in the German Regional South, we weren't deadly enough in front of goal in every one of them. It's hard to say if that was the reason, but just before the winter break, our Georgian superstar Zkitischwili opted for a place on the transfer list, because he wanted to play for a bigger club. I picked him up as a free agent and upped his request for a set release fee to 5,000,000. The first bids that came in equalled his estimated value of 1,500,000 and those were negatiated up to the amount that was part of his contract. He left us with eighteen matches and nineteen goals behind his name and at the end of the season his average rating of 8.71 in seventeen league appearances turned out to be a divisional record. Ironically, his replacement Alexey Korneev (SC) from Russia was signed on a free as well. By the time promotion was secured with four matches to spare, he featured in nine and had a goal tally of fourteen (!) already. Then I fielded the reserves and our club and league record of most wins in a row ended immediately. In this season we also broke the club record for biggest win (6-0) and the league records for most team goals scored in one season and most team points gained in one season. I gladly turned down a few rumours about clubs that were believed to have approached me and even some actual job offers in December and March!

Spoiler!

After serving China (sacked in 2013) and Romania (sacked in 2020), my applications for national team jobs weren't succesful in the past six years. Maybe it has something to do with the American nationality I chose (for fun and to match with Cosmo Kramer obviously) at the beginning of this save. Finally I was approached again by a country that were eliminated at the World Cup from a group with Poland, Colombia and China also in it: the United States.

Page 72 of 72 FirstFirst ... 626869707172