23 58.97%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 73 of 73 FirstFirst ... 636970717273
Results 1,801 to 1,802 of 1802

Thread: CM 00/01 - Discussion

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by AMC View Post
    Been a while since I checked in here!

Glad to see you've moved on from FGR, but I can't believe you were sacked by them! You may not have been but I'm glad they got relegated the following season.

So to Germany and a great first full season with Frankfurt, sounds like you signed two great strikers there, how do you rate the squad going into next season and the league up?

Best of luck with the USA as well
    Good to have you back!

I guess my time with the Rovers was up after all. To hell with them from now on!

Given our cup run, I'm not that worried about the potential of our squad.

That'll be one tough challenge at the world stage, in my opinion...

vCash
    Although the deal eventually collapsed due to lack of funds, I decided to give his spot in the starting line-up to the replacement player that already arrived. That left only one of the inherited players in my preferred formation. Only to enlarge our squad depth, nine Bosman signings and seven more purchases for a combined amount of 2.800.000 came in. No more loan deals in this season, because I had the feeling we were able to rotate in order to reach the respectable league position that was asked for by the board.

For the first time since my arrival, we had to play a cup tie away from home. To Nrnberg in the First Round, so top-flight opposition from the off. At the end of the opening half, Korneev (SC) opened the scoring. During the second half, they even brought our former player Zkitischwili (AM/FC) on as a sub, but Steve Smeets (GK) was brilliant for us: 0-1! Bochum, from our tier, hosted our game in the Second Round. They scored in the very first minute and again after fifteen. In the remainder of the first half, we came back through de Souza Vieira (D/AMR) and Daniele Bedin (SC). Right after the start of the second period, a push by Alexandr Belyaev (SW/DLC) was rewarded with a straight red card. The ten of Frankfurt saw Bedin completing his hat-trick and Jos Lus Costa (SC) scoring his first two goals for the club: 2-6! The Third Round brought us a copy of the first one, with Stuttgarter Kickers from the league above us the hosts now and Costa the scorer, a few minutes before the break: 0-1! For a place amongst the last four, we made the travel to Celle, who were playing in the league we got promoted out of last season. In the first half, Matt Moore (MRL) opened his goal account for Frankfurt and Ruud van Delft (MC) doubled our lead. Inside the last twenty minutes, the home team came closer and got a penalty as well. The extra time gave Jos Antonio Muoz (SW/DC) the opportunity to collect his second yellow card and in the end we were happy to keep things level until the penalties were taken. We missed one out of our first five and the first two of their players failed to score: 2-2 (pens 2-4)! On our way to a possible final, we had to beat a team from the First Division for a third time in five fixtures, all of them on foreign soil. Erfurt were three up after the first 45 minutes and we couldn't even score a consolation goal afterwards: 3-0...

I was hoping to keep my players good enough with the help of our improved training ground (from good facilities to top facilities plus youth academy). Winning the first two games in the league was also good for their morale. Losing the next three saw us dropping quite a few positions in the table, so early in the season. A winning streak of eleven in the Second Division alone and even extending that to an unbeaten run of fifteen, moved us up to the three promotion spots. With five games still to play, we were already promoted and three matchdays later, the title was celebrated too!!!

Spoiler!

My first competitive game action with USA was at the 2027 Copa America. The first group game was played against Argentina, the host country. I hadn't noticed one of the starters had retired, so a Turkish boy played out of position in the national team of America... They got in front within the first five minutes and at the stroke of half time, Alan Conway (FLC) equalised. A penalty in the last fifteen minutes was ought to decide this clash in their favour and in the dying seconds Conway scored again, twice and thus completing his hat-trick: 2-3! Ecuador scored the first goal of the match in the very same minute as Argentina had done earlier and we started to batter them from then on. Eventually, Kevin Jackson (AMLC) found the net in the first half too. Only one more (undeserved) goal was scored in the second period: 1-2... Another hat-trick was produced in the last group game versus Uruguay, where we created more chances in the end, but all of theirs went in: 4-0...

Spoiler!

Page 73 of 73 FirstFirst ... 636970717273