Voters
39. You may not vote on this poll

16 41.03%

23 58.97%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 74 of 83 FirstFirst ... 64707172737475767778 ... LastLast
Results 1,826 to 1,850 of 2075

Thread: CM 00/01 - Discussion

I've always preferred the original game. 3.80 or 3.81 it is.

Quote Originally Posted by Cam F View Post
    I've always preferred the original game. 3.80 or 3.81 it is.
    Is this a response to my finances question? Does the error not show up on earlier versions? It's impossible for me to back revert to them because of the countless hours of modifications I've made adjusting competition names, team names, colours and a host of other stuff. Nothing to affect gameplay, though. I'm not sure why 3.89 gets no love. It has a long list of bug fixes to its name that I am happy were corrected. I don't care much about the whole "can't offer any staff any job" thing, as I always manage to get by in this regard. I don't experience a host of crashes, either. I've noticed that a new game will tend to crash once early in the first season, then not really do it after that.

Could you upload them again?

Quote Originally Posted by MrFoo View Post
    Could you upload them again?
    Upload what?

hey, can i ue this with the 01-02 disk?

Full game with my DB - https://www.sendspace.com/file/kgzsro

No because that is 0001, rename the folder Championship Manager 00-01 once downloaded, you don't need a disk it has no disk exe.

That man Crespo still running riot, that's 38 in 24 games for him so far this season, not bad for a 35 year old, and he was took off after 67 mins for Nilmar.

Hey guys. I have new PC. So only getting around to reinstalling . Anyone got the DWSv5 or DWSvZidane tactic still. Please and thank you

I've got the Zidane one but I won't be home for a few hours.

DWSv5 and DWSvZidane
    https://www.sendspace.com/filegroup/...2BxbhDor2WEwjg

Try this one. This is my own killer tactic. I've worked quite a lot on it.
    https://www.sendspace.com/file/fmybrf

Cheers mate, forgot about this!

Will give your tactic a go when I've time to play this again, what formation is it?

Thanks lads!

Jagred tactic: https://www.sendspace.com/file/fmybrf
    hosting obrazkow

The key in this tactic is WIB/WOB
    Just try it!
    Last edited by Jagred; 16-07-18 at 08:49 PM.

how to set colored attributes on cm 00/01? where i can find cm 00/01 newest date base for this cm?
    Last edited by Pylbas; 27-07-18 at 04:40 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Pylbas View Post
    how to set colored attributes on cm 00/01? where i can find cm 00/01 newest date base for this cm?
    The omniscient Cam F mentions something about colours in the opening post of this thread.

I don't think an update team for this version of CM is available on this forum, but some data projects can be found throughout this thread (incuding the foregoing opening post).

Maybe meanwhile some of the links are dead, that's something I definitely can't help you with...

For it has been too long since I last published a report, a quick recap seems a wise thing to do. In the summer of the year 2000 I started as the manager of Forest Green Rovers in the English Conference. We finished among the first three in every season there and after the third attempt we finally left this league as champions. Miraculously, only three more years were needed to escape the Third (1st), Second (1st) and First Division (4th)! Our debut in the Premier Division led to a meritorious ninth place and the next year we even celebrated winning the national title for the first time in the club's history! This was followed by a trio of slightly lesser performances (2nd, 4th & 3rd), before a streak of twelve (!) consecutive championships was recorded. During that time, the final of the Champions League featured us a total of four times, while the trophy went home with us twice. After ending that amazing run in the league as runners-up, without any form of compassion, the board gave me the boot in the summer of 2024...

In October 2024 I landed my current job at Eintracht Frankfurt. They found themselves in the third tier of German football and I almost managed to get them one step up in my first six months or so. Back-to-back promotions (by winning those leagues) in the following two seasons brought us back at the top flight, where we immediately collected two national titles! The year with the most points gained under my command to date only resulted in a second-place finish, which was repaired in the next two seasons with successive championships. Furthermore, one lost Champions League final (2032) was added to the club's honours.

Being the former national team manager of China and Romania, I'm used to have more than one job at a time. From July 2026 on, my work at Frankfurt is combined with selecting players for the international games played by the United States of America. Up until now, neither silverware nor places of honour are registered with me at the helm of Team USA. In fact, surviving the group stages at the World Cup is still on the to-do list...

The preparation of the 2032/2033 season saw the coming and going of several players (+ 5,000,000 vs. - 46,000,000). Once again we had the chance to try and win the only trophy in Germany that wasn't on my CV yet. We entered the League Cup in the Quarter Finals and officially we were the home team on a neutral venue, facing Karlsruhe (D1). Both us and last season's number four weren't producing that many shots and thus no goals were noted in 120 minutes of football. Their first two penalties didn't went in and the same can be said about our second and third. Five spot kicks taken each and the score was still level at 3-3. Another miss from our sixth attempt preceded the decisive one: 0-0 (aet; pens 3-4)...

In the First Round of the German Cup, we played a genuine home tie against Wilhelmshaven (D2). No more than three minutes were enough for Olofsson to get things going for us. Less than twenty minutes later, he scored his fifth of the season from twelve yards and with a quarter of an hour to go, Isaksson (D/AMLC) set the final result: 3-0! Away at Mainz (Reg) in the Second Round and in the very same minute of the game, Wu (FRC) opened the scoring. At the stroke of half time, Gugan (MRLC) opened his account for the season and ten minutes into the second half, the home team clawed one back through a penalty. Later in the second half, Perrotta restored our double lead: 1-3! A pretty early goal (11') from Babelsberg (Reg) in their own stadium, knocked us out in the Third Round already: 1-0...

From a group with Nice (Fra), Olimpija (Svn) en Raith Rovers (Sco) we survived the First Phase of the Champions League after the opening four matches and even stayed unbeaten in the remaining two, handing us the group win in the process. Our possible route to the knockout stages consisted of FC Midtjylland (Den), Real Madrid (Esp) and Nottingham Forest (Eng). Because of a defeat in the second fixture, we now needed five games to qualify and eventually finished top of the group again.

Spoiler!

The First Leg of our Quarter Final in the Champions League was at home versus Steaua (Rom) and a regen by the name of Adrian Ilie caused us some mental pain in the first half, while three of our players left the field injured in the second: 0-1... In Bucharest, Berg (AM/FLC) broke the deadlock inside the first five minutes and Friberg (AM/FC) got off the mark for 2032/2033 within the opening fifteen minutes. With twenty minutes on the clock, the aggregate score was back level, but we somehow kept them at bay to go through on away goals: 1-2 (agg 2-2)! For a place in the final, Empoli (Ita) stood in our way. On the road, Barlow (SC) found the net close to the break and afterwards, Castellazzi (AM/FC) doubled our lead: 0-2! A first goal for the club by Prazenica (AM/FRLC) in the dying seconds of the opening half almost secured our tickets to the final. An equaliser with about thirty minutes to go, again followed by three drop-outs due to physical problems, made things a bit harder for us, but we didn't give anything more away: 1-1 (agg 3-1). The battle of Vienna featured us as the hosts and accidentally Karlsruhe (Ger) as the guests. The first-half opener scored by Wu got us ahead and in charge, only to concede after twenty minutes into the second half. Three minutes from time, the team that deserved to win most, prevented this fight to be extended with extra time: 1-2...

Hunting for the third league title in a row then. Because he wanted to leave at any cost, we sold Olofsson in October for 10,000,000. He scored 25 in 26 starts during the previous season and had nine in eight this season so far. The chase wouldn't become any easier this way and we were behind for most of the season as well. Despite us adding ten goals to our tally in the final two games and the number of dropped points by all teams at the top of the table was big, we ended up squandering two more than the ones at the summit...

Spoiler!

In July 2032, the World Cup Qualification started in the CONCACAF section of the FIFA. At first, the U.S. were drawn into a Semi Final Group along with Antigua & Barbuda, Belize and Jamaica. To proceed, a place in the top half was sufficient. Picking up ten of the first twelve available points did the job and eventually we finished in style as the unbeaten group winners, taking Antigua & Barbuda - only four points less - with us to the final group.

Spoiler!

Out of this Final Group of six, three countries will make it to the 2034 World Cup in England. Next to us, Mexico, Costa Rica, El Salvador, Canada and (obviously) Antigua & Barbuda complete the list of contestants. Before drawing the fifth against Mexico, we bettered the USA record for most wins in a row, partly as a result of a couple of friendlies that were scheduled after the first and before the second group. At the halfway point, we are heading for another group win and best of all, a trip to the home of football.

Spoiler!

To Brazil then for the 2033 edition of the Copa America. Our opening match was a tough one, with Argentina the opponents. In the tenth minute, O'Brien (FRC) saw his thirtieth international goal being disallowed, but Burke (SW/DC) did put as ahead on the half hour mark with his first USA goal. Just prior to the final whistle, O'Brien could really celebrate his number thirty: 0-2! Converting all three shots on target gave Ecuador an easy day and they also ended our unbeaten run: 0-3... All to play for when we met Uruguay, even more so when they went in front quickly. Still well in the first half, Wilson (AM/FC) brought us back and with his first for the States, James (FRC) gave us the advantage before the break. Right after that he doubled his tally plus our lead and when Meyer (GK) saved a penalty, we knew we were good: 3-1! Don't tell us how to win groups!

Spoiler!

Down to the last eight and the (more) difficult part of the tournament was about to kick off, with us pitted against Peru. Thirty minutes gone and the scoresheet showed the names of O'Brien, Lagos (AM/FL) and again O'Brien. A Peruvian goal in the other fifteen minutes of the half wasn't fatal and O'Brien claimed the match ball in the second half, way before a second consolation goal went in: 2-4! A second meeting with Uruguay awaited us in the Semi Final and this time around the early opener by Uderitz (DRL) was cancelled out fast. Although we created some chances ourselves, we were battered all the way and still the match went to penalties: 1-1 (aet; pens 5-4)... The combat for Third Place had a similar scenario as our previous one, the difference was that Lagos now made our goal and Colombia were on the other end of the pitch. The 1-1 half-time score didn't last long as Miller (SC) netted the winner after fifty minutes: 1-2!

Quote Originally Posted by Pylbas View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Vrkh View Post
    The omniscient Cam F mentions something about colours in the opening post of this thread.

I don't think an update team for this version of CM is available on this forum, but some data projects can be found throughout this thread (incuding the foregoing opening post).

Maybe meanwhile some of the links are dead, that's something I definitely can't help you with...
    He pmd me and gave him a link, the links expire so all someone needs to do is remind me. Decided now to back to date to 97/98 season so that is my latest fun thing to do.

Another upgrade of our Waldstadion with 23,500 seats increased the total capacity to 105,146 (77,546 chairs). Mostly during the summer, but eventually throughout the season as well, there was a lot of transfer activity (- 94,000,000 vs. + 47,500,000) going on. We were up against Stuttgart (D1) in the Quarter Final of the League Cup. Away at the number three of last season and seventy minutes with a man less, when Berg (AM/FLC) got himself a straight red. Five minutes later, Bernard (AMRLC) scored on his debut and three minutes after that, Takeda (DMC) was sent off too. The penalty went in and it was eleven versus nine for over an hour... In the last minutes of the first half, we had a second debutant to make a goal in Zhang (MLC) and Gugan (MRLC) even doubled our lead. A few minutes into the closing half, Gugan found the net again and twenty minutes from time, Wu (FRC) also added one. The final ten minutes saw the home team grab one more and Zhang made it to a brace too: 2-6! For a place in the final, a travel to Cup winners Lneburg (D2) awaited us. The only goal of the opening half went in off of Campedelli (FRC), who also converted a penalty early in the second half. With the home side returning in the game first, Friberg (AM/FC) and a hat-trick goal by Campedelli saw us running away in the end: 1-4! Only the second time in six participations for us to reach the Final in Berlin, where we found national champions Freiburg (D1 obviously) as the opponents. One down in the first half an hour and that became two with less than twenty minutes to go. We even needed one of them to score our consolation goal and missed out on this trophy once again: 2-1...

A trip to Neunkirchen (Reg) in the First Round of the German Cup and just over five minutes underway, when Brnovic (AM/FRLC) opened the scoring for us. In the last five minutes, Berg and a first for the club by Miranda da Silva (AMRLC) secured the victory: 0-3! Away again in the Second Round, this time to Dsseldorf (D2). At the end of the first half, Berg equalled the scoreline and in the second half the same names made the headlines. Their striker for gathering his second booking and ours for bagging the winning goal (twice, the first one was ruled out): 1-2! Facing Erfurt (D1) at home then in the Third Round and at the stroke of half time, Prazenica (AM/FRLC) handed us the advantage with his first of the season. The visitors deserved the win, but they only got an equaliser. In the first minute of the extra thirty minutes, one of their players received a second yellow and several minutes later, Berg showed he was still on fire: 2-1 (aet)! A visit to Elversberg (Reg) in the Quarter Final and again it was Berg (10') who scored. Not much trouble for us, but somehow we conceded the leveller (82'). Both Prazenica and Berg scored in the added half an hour, before the home team made it five overall: 2-3 (aet)! Now only Karlsruhe (D1) were in our way of playing the final (or not) and they came to visit us. A debut goal by Kurth (MLC) was followed by Brnovic going into double digits for 2033/2034. Soon after Brnovic (64') scored from the spot, an early shower for a player of the opposers really killed the game off: 3-0! A second Final in Berlin for us this season and this one was also attended by Unterhaching (D1). Under twenty minutes played and Brnovic, Berg (30th) and Wu put us in the driver's seat. The next ten minutes resulted in two more goals, the latter from Brnovic and in the second half he completed his hat-trick to make it fifteen for the season: 1-5!

Giving away a lead and seeing the aykur Rizespor goalkeeper picking up the award for Man of the Match in our first European outing on Turkish soil wasn't very satisfying, to say the least. After that loss we recorded a win against Aalborg Chang (Den) and defeated Keflavk (Isl) twice. When the Turks took the three points in Frankfurt as well, it all came down to the last match in Denmark. Without a single shot on goal (on or off target), the home team didn't stand a chance: 0-3! The Second Group started in and against Barcelona (Esp), where each team scored twice, but ours were both cancelled out. We recovered pretty well from this beating by putting Coventry (Eng) and Porto (Por) to the sword twice and gaining all fifteen points left by hammering the Spaniards too.

Spoiler!

In the Quarter Finals, a double confrontation with the tricky aykur Rizespor was a real challenge for us. They came to Germany for Leg One and were the first ones to score (30') as well. On the hour mark, Barlow (SC) evened the score, if it wasn't for the linesman to raise his flag: 0-1... Ten minutes into the second half of the return, Ishikawa (AM/FC) gave us hope by drawing the aggregate score level and two more goals decided this encounter: 2-1 (agg 3-1)... Losing four times in one season against the same squad is very frustrating, especially when their goalkeepers - they used two - were always rated with an eight or higher and were chosen as Man of the Match half of the times!

On the opening day of the German First Division, we recorded a home defeat when all of the three shots on target from one man - and his team as a whole for that matter - hit the net behind Palmer (GK): 2-3... We had all the trouble in the world to turn the next two away fixtures into triumphs (3-4 & 0-1), but afterwards we seemed to be over that false start. Having said that, of course it wasn't the last time we took a narrow win with us. In the course of time, the question more and more became when instead of if the title would go our way. Even by losing our own match, we were crowned champions with four games to spare. The full 34 games eventually gave us the chance to build a gap of twenty points towards the team in second place!

Spoiler!

The United States were on their way to qualify themselves for the 2034 World Cup, but in the first four of the last five Final Group games we conceded at least two goals per game. At first, this wasn't much of a problem when we won 4-2 versus Canada, but after that El Salvador (3-2), Costa Rica (1-2) and Antigua & Barbuda (2-1) all treated us to a defeat. So we had to give away the first place in the group, although qualification was sealed nonetheless. We partly set things straight in Mexico (0-3) and in the end I wasn't allowed to go to England as USA boss... Typically, I would say, they went on to reach the WC Final, which they lost. After this tournament, I was back as manager of the Romanian national team.

Spoiler!

A maximum of two hurdles for us to finally win that German League Cup. In the semis, we faced last year's number three and UEFA Cup finalists Kaiserslautern (D1). The match took place in Braunschweig and midway through the second half, the most dominant team of the day got themselves in front. At the stroke of full time, the totally undeserved equaliser was scored by Berg (AM/FLC). No extra time to be played and the first seven (!) penalties from them went in, where we dropped out after six: 1-1 (pens 6-7)...

We went to Ahlen (Reg) for the First Round of the German Cup. After 25 minutes, we received a helping hand in the shape of an own goal and two minutes later Rodrguez (AM/FC) widened our advantage. Shortly after the restart, Sleyman (SC) celebrated his first goal in Frankfurt colours and before the hour mark, the home team grabbed one back. In the final half an hour, Gugan (MRLC) restored our three-goal lead, Jensen (SW/D/DMC) converted a penalty to make his first for our club and another spot kick narrowed the difference for the last time: 2-5! A trip to Bielefeld (Reg) next in the Second Round and we attacked their goal from all angles, but forgot to make one or more count. Three minutes from time, a rare attempt from the home side did went in and still there was enough time for Weber (D/DMC) to score his first-ever goal for us. Prazenica (AM/FRLC), a substitute in the first half of extra time, decided this match in the second half of the additional thirty minutes: 1-2 (aet)! Again no complaints about the draw, as we travelled to the stadium with a capacity of 67,000 in Kln, relegated to non-league football a few years ago. Basiscally, a succesful free kick in the twelfth minute by Ishikawa (AM/FC) proved to be enough for us to proceed: 0-1! A home tie at last in the Quarter Final and Osnabrck (D1) the much tougher opponents. The opening twenty minutes were promising, with Maillard (FRLC) breaking the deadlock and Zhang (MLC) putting in his fifth of the season. Near the interval, the stronger visitors halved the deficit and five minutes before the final whistle, they drew the game level. With only two minutes left on the clock, a completed brace by Zhang handed us an unjustified win: 3-2! Another one on the road versus an amateur team, when Quelle Frth hosted this one. The scoring was opened in the fifth minute already by Bernard (AMRLC) and a red card for one of their defenders in minute 72 was the only other notable fact: 0-1! The Final in Berlin meant a meeting with Pfullendorf (Reg), who actually outplayed us and even were the only ones to score: 0-1...

Five of the six games against Udinese (Ita), Viljandi Tulevik (Est) and FC Kbenhavn (Den) were used to survive the First Group of the Champions League. Due to the better goal difference, especially in the double confrontation with the Italians, we won the group on top of that. In a Second Group with Charlton (Eng), Estrela Amadora (Por) and Anderlecht (Bel), we conceded seven more, but also scored ten more. Eventually, that was sufficient to top this group too.

Spoiler!

Leg One of the Quarter Final brought us a visit of familiar opposition, when Karlsruhe (Ger) came to town. Within the first thirty minutes, Zhang scored a double to reach fifteen goals for the season. Immediately after that second one, he was offended and reacted to that. This resulted in a second booking for him and a straight red for the enemy. The action-packed first half was far from over, given the fact that Ishikawa (38') tripled our lead first, our clean sheet was lost next (44') and Ishikawa (45') fired in a free kick once more. In the second half, Ishikawa completed his hat-trick to make it ten in 2034/2035, Bent (D/ML) opened his Frankfurt account, Prazenica reached the five-goal mark of the year and Ishikawa made it a club-record (!) win: 8-1!!! I was unable to motivate any of my players for the return and two first-half goals brought the home favourites a bit back into this double encounter. All of their other chances were dismantled by Palmer (GK) and so we went through comfortably: 2-0 (agg 3-8)... For a place in the final, Odense Boldklub (Den) were in our way, with the First Leg scheduled in Scandinavia. Close to the 25th minute, we were three down and inside the opening thirty minutes, Zhang scored our first. Well before the break, Wu (FRC) brought us back within touching distance and during the last twenty minutes of the game, the comeback was finalised by Berg: 3-3. In Germany, they were first to score yet again, on the half-hour mark and a first-half equaliser by Rodrguez (42') saved us by that time. It became a close call in the second half, with both teams creating plenty of opportunities to score, but neither ending up in the back of the net: 1-1 (agg 3-3). Not the most convincing way to make it to Final in Copenhagen, where Werder Bremen (Ger) awaited us. The first name on the scoresheet was that of Prazenica and later in the first half, Sleyman reached double digits for the season. I met the guys in the locker room when we were only one up, though, but in the second half, youngster Hooper (SC) found the net twice to make it ten goals in nine appearances: 4-1! The first Champions League (or one of its predecessor's names) win for Eintracht Frankfurt was added to the history of football!!!

Our league campaign showed no resemblances whatsoever with the previous one, when we wrapped up the title with an immense gap towards the (best of the) rest. This time around, we lost three of the first four fixtures and drew the fifth one. We were battling all season to compensate for all the occasions where we dropped points and Kaiserslautern easy ran away with the championship, five games from the end. Including the final day, we even had to keep fighting for the best possible ranking behind them and picked up zero points that afternoon...

Spoiler!

After winning the first two Euro Qualifying games against Slovenia (A) and Faroe Islands (H), Romania were unlucky to give away the lead, when all three shots (on goal as well) from Armenia (H) went in, with Prazenica grabbing a brace. A marginal defeat versus England (A) was followed by home wins versus Ukraine (reigning World Champions) and Slovenia. Almost the entire ninety minutes up against just ten men from the Faroe Islands (A), the scoreline disappointingly remained goalless, which puts us in a position where everything is still possible, but it definitely could have been (much) better.

Spoiler!

Does the fact that there is no attribute hiding option, bother anyone and you cant scout opposition?

Not in the slightest, don't like attribute hiding option, I want t see the stats as seen them since CM93. Scout opposition interesting for a couple of weeks then quickly ignore it.

Being able to scout that actually works in 0001 and being ale to appoint anyone as scouts, now that I do love.

Quote Originally Posted by MrFoo View Post
    Does the fact that there is no attribute hiding option, bother anyone and you cant scout opposition?
    Never use(d) it in 0102 and not miss(ed) it in 0001.

Let's hope you can land that league cup at some point Verkuh, it's always a bugger of a tournament with your squad nowhere near 100% and if there's an international tournament like the Confederations Cup you're always missing a couple of players.

Quote Originally Posted by AMC View Post
    Let's hope you can land that league cup at some point Verkuh, it's always a bugger of a tournament with your squad nowhere near 100% and if there's an international tournament like the Confederations Cup you're always missing a couple of players.
    Not that it's the most important tournament in the world or something, but I must deny it's becoming more and more of an obsession nowadays!

One of many attempts to finally be successful in the German League Cup started in Dsseldorf (D1), where our Quarter Final took place. In a very even encounter with last year's number four, only a penalty from Wu (FRC) around the hour mark made all the difference: 0-1! A trip to Pfullendorf (Reg), who shocked us in the final of the German Cup, was next for us. We were the most clinical of the two teams, with Sleyman (SC) and Perna (SC) both scoring in the first half. Almost fifteen minutes into the second half, the home favourites clawed one back and the minute after that, a brace was completed by Perna to keep us at the right side of the score: 1-3! In Berlin, only defending national champions Kaiserslautern were in our way. By finding the net twice in the last ten minutes of the opening 45, they were the most likely winners of this piece of silverware too. Another penalty by Wu (68') brought back the hope in our fans' hearts and a last-minute goal proved to be decisive: 3-1...

As the winners of the precious Champions League, we earned the right to visit Monaco and play our part in the battle for the European Super Cup. The other lucky ones were surprising holders of the UEFA Cup, Pobeda (Mkd). By being equal to all of our six shots on target, their goalkeeper picked up the award for Man of the Match. A lot of the story can be told by mentioning this and it didn't help us either that two of their four goalbound attempts throughout the entire match went in at the beginning and the very end of the opening half: 2-0...

Again thanks to our status as European Champions an extra game was added to our schedule. A meeting with the South American equivalent, Huracn de Corrientes (Arg), awaited us in Tokyo to decide who would win the World Club Cup. No time to waste as Lagas (D/DMC) opened the scoring with less than five minutes on the clock and within the next ten minutes, Sleyman doubled our lead. When Ishikawa (AM/FC) treated his fellow countrymen with a second-half goal too, this prize had our name on it already, despite conceding once near full time: 1-3!

The FIFA Club World Championship kicked off for us with what probably would be the toughest group match, namely versus Rosario Central (Arg) in Buenos Aires. They took the lead in the 36th minute and we were lucky that Zhang (MLC) levelled the game ten minutes from time: 1-1. Only two days later, Deportivo Saprissa (CRc) - also on one point - were our opponents. This time we were the ones to score first, through Iwan (AM/FC) and before the break Ishikawa even reached five for the season. Although we eventually couldn't keep a clean sheet, a second for Ishikawa already had secured the victory by then: 1-3! A full day of rest more ahead of the third and final group match against Mamelodi Sundowns (RSA), but it were still just three days in total. We had both gained the same amount of points so far, with us leading on goal difference. After roughly twenty minutes, a penalty had them virtually winning the group and halfway through the second half, another important equaliser by Zhang somehow guided us unbeaten into the final: 1-1.

Spoiler!

So five points were exactly enough to face Manchester City (Eng) in the Final, again after three days. The only difference was that we went back to Germany to play a league game one (!) day before we had the chance to win this trophy. A heavily rotated squad went in front close to the interval, when Perna made it five for 2036/2037 and that advantage lasted less than five minutes. In the end, our resistance was broken during the first few minutes of extra time and partly because of the exhaustion, we never found the way leading to a shootout: 1-2 (aet)...

We travelled to Idar-Oberstein (Reg) for the First Round of the German Cup. Just over five minutes played and Hooper (SC) fired us in front. His striking partner Wu made it a two-goal cushion in the first half, but it was ruled out by the linesman. Twenty minutes from time, Hooper struck once again and during stoppage time, Wu eventually scored twice to reach the five-goal milestone for the season overall: 0-4! Another one on the road for us in the Second Round, against non-League outfit Bielefeld. Iwan had no trouble in bagging a brace even before Wu made it three to the good in the first period. The second half only saw Brnovic (AM/FRLC) adding something to the scoreline: 0-4! A home tie in the Third Round then, when Aue (D2) came to Frankfurt. Hits on both ends of the first half by Hooper put us in an excellent position, but the visitors deserved more than their consolation goal at the death: 2-1! Some serious competition in the Quarter Final, with receiving Osnabrck (D1) at the Waldstadion. Falling behind in the third minute already wasn't ideal and at the thirty-minute mark, Wu evened the score with his fifteenth in all competitions. The final fifteen minutes of the game had us facing a deficit once more and again it was Wu who recovered the damage. In the twentieth minute of extra time, one of their defenders was booked for the second time, but it had no direct effect on the outcome of the match. To penalties it went and where they missed one of their first four attempts, we did the exact opposite by converting only one of those: 2-2 (pens 1-3)...

Our start of the First Group Phase in the Champions League with a home win and an away loss was mediocre at best. After three more victories we survived this stage nonetheless and by picking up the final three points as well, we kept Austria Vienna (Aut), Neftchi (Aze) and Lech (Pol) well behind us. The story about the Second Group Phase was completely different. We were sitting last on the final matchday, one point behind Dsseldorf (Ger), three from Inter (Ita) and there were eight (!) between us and Fortuna (Hol). With a little help from the Dutch, we had the chance to overtake our fellow nationals at least. Our own match in Italy wasn't the easiest task, because they had already beaten us 1-2 earlier during the tournament. In the end, a phenomenal 1-5 did do the trick for us!!!

Spoiler!

Down to the last eight and we kicked things off in Germany versus Rangers (Sco). In the fifth minute, Iwan subscribed himself to the scoresheet and within the next twenty minutes, the guests equalised and Fontana (D/DMRLC) scored his first Frankfurt goal. Seconds ahead of the break, Iwan doubled his tally for the day and ten minutes into the second half, he completed his hat-trick. That were the only of our nineteen (!) shots on target (27 in total) that went in and on the other end of the pitch, a second from four (total: 5) was conceded: 4-2! In Glasgow, we were soon in danger of losing our perhaps too narrow margin, but Prazenica (AM/FRLC) squared the game first, then scored his fifth of the season, had a goal chalked off and even managed to complete his hat-trick after all. Of course the second attempt on goal from the hosts went in too, but the first half ended with yet another goal from Prazenica! In the second half, only Zhang had enough firepower left: 2-5 (agg 4-9)! We got rewarded with a direct return to British soil, in Leeds (Eng) to be more precise. We were handed a golden opportunity to get things going in the fourth minute and Ishikawa failed to dispatch the penalty. Three minutes later, Prazenica broke the deadlock and some proper demolishing would follow. Fifteen minutes from the break, Iwan worked his way to the fifteen-goal landmark and in the next five minutes, Gugan (MRLC) and Prazenica scored too. Just like in Scotland, only one more goal was added in the second half, thanks to Miranda da Silva (AMRLC) this time: 0-5! Somehow we weren't as motivated for the Second Leg. Midway through the first half, we did score first via Wu, however. Without the risk of missing out on the final, we allowed the Englishmen to win this game in the second half: 1-2 (agg 6-2). Not a bad return after such a terrible Second Group Phase! Speaking of which, our opponents in the Final came out of that very same group. Fortuna took all six points against us and were also first to net one at Stade de France in the twentieth minute. Within the opening five minutes of the second half, Hooper headed one home and ten minutes from the final whistle, Brnovic was there to tap in a rebound: 2-1!

Based on the results in all of these different tournaments, I would describe this season as rather mixed. Obviously the perfect indicator to express this feeling, is the national league. The German champions were crowned after 32 of the 34 fixtures and we were nowhere near them whatsoever. No domestic success for us then and I strongly believe the back-to-back wins in the Champions League aren't that bad for keeping me my job...

Spoiler!

My other employer - the Romanian Football Association - weren't overly happy with the four points that we gained from the remaining three European Championship Qualifying games. The first of those was a defeat against Armenia, who won both games versus us and therefore kept us out of the play-offs based on the results in mutual duels. No main tournament for me and no second job anymore either...

Spoiler!