16 41.03%

23 58.97%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 77 of 77 FirstFirst ... 677374757677
Results 1,901 to 1,923 of 1923

Thread: CM 00/01 - Discussion

vCash
    What games everyone playing atm started one with Celtic a few weeks back

In season 5 atm trying to crack the later stages of European competitions so far semi final of UEFA cup furthest I got last minute knock out to Arsenal in semis I should of went defensive or camped my goal area last 20 mins as Elber scored two goals very late on would of had a kind final on paper with either a Danish or Swedish team. The aim is too win a European trophy before I move to a stronger league with a Scottish core to my starting eleven of at least 8 home grown players.

vCash
    Still got the A-Z save I've talked about the last few pages, not played it in a while though.

I'm Rangers with one of the managers and I managed to win the UEFA Cup, but if you look back in here you'll see the bad luck I've had in the CL.

vCash
    Yeah I read most of the thread it was yourself Cam and a few others that tempted me to replay this version a few months back.

Any Scottish talent to recommend? I have Archibald, Robson amc del Rio from Dundee who is dual national Douglas back up keeper others are mainly regens. Nice you finally won Euro cup 👍

vCash
    I've been using Cam's update not the normal game so don't think I'll be able to recommend really.

vCash
    Here Is my current Scottish Core on the odb season 5

any potential freaks or players you think will be champions league winners one day?

vCash
    Season 5 tactic Non WIBWOB generally change it every season to try get best out of my main performers or youth prospects

vCash
    In Scotland willie howie, Jamie mckenzie and mark kerr to name a few. Love the screenshots despite being Celtic. If it’s my dB Chris Burke, Charlie Adam, Danny Wilson, Islington feruz, Craig Gordon, kris Boyd, Scott brown, Kevin Thomson to name some

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Cam F For This Useful Post:

vCash
    i'm using odb fully patched i have kerr and a howie don't think it same howie though think mine a regen. I remember Wilson and Gordon being really good on the old cms

Hammel as a wingback plays very well been waiting for about 3 seasons now for him to get a massive boost on his player attributes on a season update and hasn't happened as of yet lol

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by AMC View Post
    Dusseldorf

After finishing 8 points behind league winners Leverkusen last season I knew we weren't too far away, but that didn't stop me making 12 signings for a combined £19.5m, including two of my former Betis players David de Gea for £5m, and the genius that is Zoltan Vincze for £6m now 33 but a fantastic player all the same. 12 players left bringing in £13.25m, mostly reserves on a free with Kwadwo Asamoah move to Rosenborg the biggest deal as he left for £7.5m

League Cup

The League Cup gave us the chance to get some early silverware and a chance to move on to an "F" job (classing England as my "E"), but a combination of players missing due to the Confederations Cup and a lack of match fitness made it a difficult task. We did win our Quarter Final against Stuttgart thanks to goals from Iuliano (signed on a free), Pagliari (that's both Italian centre backs on the scoresheet) and attacking midfielder Florian Bruns getting the killer third. Champions Leverkusen were our Semi Final opponents and we fell apart going down 4-1, Dean Furman with a consolation goal after Owen Hargeaves, Franck Ribery and a brace from Thomas Muller (you'd think we'd played Bayern Munich!) gave them the win. Leverkusen wouldn't lift the trophy though, as Schalke beat them 2-1 in the final with Alan Dzagoev running the show with a goal and an assist.

German Cup

After naming a weakened side last season and being humiliated by non league opposition I weren't making the same mistake twice! The first round saw us away at non league Munster which we won with goals from Zidane and Reus, but the draw wasn't kind for the 2nd round as we drew Leverkusen and despite being drawn at home, another brace from Muller put us to the sword, with Sana getting a late goal for us.

Champions League

After finishing 2nd in the league last season we were entered straight into the first group stage alongside AC Milan, PSV Eindhoven and Wisla Krakow. We made surprisingly light work of the group with 5 wins and one draw from our games (a 0-0 draw in Milan our only blemish), and we were through to the 2nd Group stage to take on Real Madrid, Celtic and my alter ego's team Rangers. We didn't get off to the best start losing 4-2 at Ibrox, but a draw in Madrid and a win over Celtic at home put us back on track. We experienced defeat again in Glasgow as we lost 1-0 at Celtic in a game we dominated but we closed out with two wins at home to Rangers and Real Madrid to seal a Quarter Final place. Around this time we were stuttering a bit in the league and with suspensions and injuries I named a weakened team for the games against Barcelona, with the league my main aim for the season. I didn't expect us to fare well but I certainly didn't expect us to lose 7-0 at home! The second leg weren't as bad losing 2-1 in the Nou Camp, but a 9-1 agg defeat was definitely not what I was expecting!

League

Our last chance of lifting a trophy was the Bundesliga and we got off to a good start with 3 consecutive wins, but then inexplicably lost at home to Dortmund 8-3! We lost the next game as well 2-0 away at Wolfsburg but then managed to win our next 9 games to soar into top spot. We were scoring plenty but also conceding a lot, and to the neutrals our games would have been a great watch, our first draw was a dramatic 4-4 away at Leverkusen in late January, but despite stuttering slightly in March we were still in a great position to win the league.

Late April was when it got really interested though! I'd had my eye on the Fiorentina job for some time with Fatih Terim on shaky ground and eventually on the 26th April he was sacked and the job was available, unfortunately I still hadn't won anything with Dusseldorf to move on, but I did apply hoping to have won it by the time I got offered. At that point we were 7 points clear of Schalke with 4 games left to play so we were close, but despite Schalke losing at home to Kaiserslautern 3-2 the win we needed to win the league didn't come as we lost at home to Leverkusen 2-0 on the 2nd May. The following day I was offered the Fiorentina job, I had no option but to reject it and re-apply for it, with our lead still at 7 points but now with just 3 games to go, a win in our next game would guarantee the title and the chance to move on - if Fiorentina still wanted me was a different story though!

So to the 8th May, away at 14th placed Monchengladbach, and when Vincze had to be stretchered off after half hour I knew it wasn't going to be our day as we lost 2-1, and there was no slip up from Schalke as they won 4-2 against the Stuggarter Kickers. 4 days later Fiorentina once again came calling for my services, and once again I would have to reject and re-apply and pray that for a third time they would offer me the job and I had won the title by then. May 16th, we were at home to Schalke, anything but defeat and the title would be ours, Hortensio Mate put us ahead on 12 mins, but German International striker Peter Wimmer tied things up on 29 mins and at the break it was 1-1. Mate put us ahead again on 52, but Wimmer equalised again on 56, and when Rudy Haddad made it 3-2 Schalke on 74 I thought we'd thrown it away, but on 87 mins Claudio Lopez grabbed an equaliser for us, and when the final whistle went the title was ours! That also meant I could now leave, and thankfully the following day Fiorentina came back and this time I could say yes!

Player of the Season

That man Zoltan Vincze with an average rating of 8.35 with 11 assists and 5 goals from 23 games, the only blemish being his continuing inability to play more than a couple of times a week, or last more than about 70 mins in a game. Hortensio Mate deserves a mention too, with 23 goals in 32 apps (18 in 23 league apps) and an average rating of 7.91, not bad on a bosman from Real Madrid.

Fiorentina

So at the third time of asking I could finally accept the manager's position at Fiorentina and move on from Dusseldorf after lifting the Bundesliga, and I would be taking over a side who had just finished 11th in Serie A despite them being blessed with some fine players like Hernan Crespo, David Silva, Angel Di Maria and Carlo Coppola. Looking at the squad the first eleven was more than good enough to challenge for honours but there was a lack of depth and so it was this I looked to strengthen. Midfielders Iker Muniain, Magne Hoseth (both on frees) and Roberto Vitali (£3m from Atalanta) all joined before the start of the season, goalkeeper Giacomo Salvatori (£2.7m from Parma) and defensive midfielder Patrick Zimmerman (£6.75m + Dario Simic from Wolfsburg) joined in October, and in the New Year a further four signed for the club, Christoph Metzelder (from Rangers in a swap deal for Angelo Schembri), attacking midfieler Ricardo Jorge (from Zaragoza in exchange for Mario Alvarez) and a couple of backup defenders in Mario Rubino (£1m from Siena) and Giacomo Chini (Pisa - £100k), in total over the season 9 players joined for £13.5m while 26 left (only 6 first teamers) bringing in £18.5m

League - Runners Up

We were always in the title hunt leading the table till week 9, but a run of just 5 points from a possible 21 saw us drop as low as 6th at one point before we regrouped winning 6 of our last 7 games (drawing the other) to finish just 3 pts behind Champions Inter.

Italian Cup - Champions

We started the competition against Serie B side Palermo with the first leg at home my first competitive game managing the club, and it got off to a great start as we ran out 5-1 winners despite being reduced to 10 men after 25 mins, and we completed the job over in Sicily running out 5-2 winners on the night and 10-3 on aggregate! Things got more tricky in the next round as we took on Juventus but this time we were away first but any fears were relieved when a Crespo hat-trick gave us a 3-0 away win, and once again we ensured passage to the next stage with a 4-1 home win, Crespo with a brace making it 7 goals in 3 games (rested for Palermo 2nd leg).

The Quarter Finals saw us pitched against Serie A relegation battlers Reggiana and this time we had a challenge as we only escaped the away leg with a 2-1 win and the game still in the balance, but within 6 minutes of the return we were 2-0 up and eventually ran out 4-0 winners, once again Crespo with a brace. The Semi Final stage then and we would face Lazio, the other last four tie saw Inter take on Serie B side Lecce, so if we made it through to the final it looked like it would be a top of the table clash but we needed to make sure that was a possibility first. We were at home first and within 16 mins were 3-0 to the good and Adrian Mutu scored a 4th in the second half to put us one foot in the final, and in the second leg another Mutu goal and one for Crespo saw us make the final 6-1 on agg.

Obviously it would be Inter we would face as they overcame Lecce 4-1 on agg, and the first leg would be at home so I was looking for a good win to take to Milan. Things didn't get off to the best of starts when we conceded in the first minute but we soon struck back to lead 2-1 before further goals for each side just before half time saw us lead at the break 3-2. That became 4-2 midway through the second half only for Inter to pull it back to just one goal again a minute later, but we did manage a 5th in the dying minutes through young winger Emanuele Paradiso to take a two goal advantage to Milan. Just the 8 goals then, the second leg can't nearly be as crazy can it? Of course it can! Inter took the lead on 5, we levelled on 8 through Crespo and then unbelievably he scored a 2nd and 3rd and we were 8-4 up on aggregate with less than an hour to go, game over then you'd think - not a chance! Inter pulled one back on the stroke of half time and then scored another goal just after the break to pull it back to 8-6 but they were soon reduced to 10 men and when David Silva scored our 4th on 59 to make it 9-6 on agg I breathed a sigh of relief. Back came Inter though to score twice and set up a nervy last few minutes but we saw it out eventually to hand me the trophy I needed.

Player of the Season

There's only one choice here, Hernan Crespo. The veteran striker turned back the years bagging 54 goals in 39 appearances and in doing so bagged a host of individual awards including World Player of the Year, quite extraordinary given he is 36 in a months time! He's also out of contract in the summer and won't sign a new deal so who knows where he may end up next

So I'm free to leave and fortune is looking on me as there are two "G" jobs available, Gremio in Brazil and Grenoble in France with Greuter Furth, Genoa and Gaziantepspor all insecure as well so I may have a few options where I go next.
    Last edited by AMC; 27-06-19 at 08:56 PM.

11. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to AMC For This Useful Post:

vCash
    nice screenies

vincze looks so good as a deep playmaker :-) still maybe got another year or 2 in him and Crespo jeez still a machine freak :-) which squad do you think has the best chance of winning champions league next season?

13. The Following User Says Thank You to leo37 For This Useful Post:

AMC

vCash
    I see Vincze as a Gattuso-Pirlo hybrid, great as a deep lying playmaker as you say but he can also win the ball back as well.

Not sure what you mean which squad has the best chance of winning the CL next season, the only team I’m guaranteed to be with is Rangers, I left Düsseldorf to take over Fiorentina and now I’ve won the Italian Cup I’ll be looking to move on again.
    Last edited by AMC; 28-06-19 at 07:39 AM.

vCash
    Great report, loving it. Missed playing cm while on holiday in Menorca. Got to be Gremio surely, where Ronaldinho started.

16. The Following User Says Thank You to Cam F For This Useful Post:

AMC

vCash
    Cheers mate, depends if they want me though mate, from experience Brazil can be a bit funny for managerial appointments.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by AMC View Post
    I see Vincze as a Gattuso-Pirlo hybrid, great as a deep lying playmaker as you say but he can also win the ball back as well.

Not sure what you mean which squad has the best chance of winning the CL next season, the only team I’m guaranteed to be with is Rangers, I left Düsseldorf to take over Fiorentina and now I’ve won the Italian Cup I’ll be looking to move on again.
    where are you heading next thought you might of had different clubs to manage?

oh that where i got confused thought you was managing 3 teams but you left dusseldorf for fiorentina
    Last edited by leo37; 28-06-19 at 11:33 AM.

vCash
    Zaragoza

The eagle eyed amongst you would notice that in the screenshots above a third manager burst on to the scene, as in order to speed up the process I introduced another manager to take over the vacant spot at Zaragoza. Zaragoza finished 3rd last season and thus I would also be competing in the Champions League as well as the domestic trophies. From looking at the squad there were some fantastic players, attacking midfielders Lourenco and Mariano Messera were of the highest quality, while in Gayson Gregory and Jurgen Tauber I had two of the best strikers in the world, but the defence did need some work. It was no surprise then that most of my recruitment was to improve this, 9 players arrived for a combined £17.5m, a goalkeeper, three defenders, a defensive midfielder, Mario Alvarez joining in a swap deal from my sister club Fiorentina for Ricardo Jorge, while I couldn't turn down the chance to sign both David Beckham and Francesco Totti on a free, 35 and 34 respectively but still with wonderful talent.

League - Runners Up

We led most of the campaign up until week 25, but a collapse which saw us lose 4 games in a row dashed our title hopes, and despite finishing the season well we could never regain top spot. It probably comes as no surprise that it was my nemesis from my Betis days Barcelona that won the title finishing 13 points ahead of us - unfortunately only got a table picture before the last game but ourselves and Barcelona both drew our games.

Spanish Cup - Semi Finals

We started the competition with a first round tie away at non league Alzira, and we made sure there was no slip up as we eased to a 4-0 win. The second round was a lot more tricky as we received a nightmare draw away at Valencia, and we were 1-0 down after 24 mins, but a double injury to the hosts and a red card for one of their players changed the game, and in the second half we scored three times to win 3-1. The third round saw the introduction of two legged ties, with us away at Real Sociedad, and thanks to a hat-trick from Tauber we gained a fantastic 5-1 lead, but we didn't make it easy for ourselves in making it through to the quarters as we lost 4-1 at home, but we squeezed through 6-5 on aggregate.

Levante awaited us in the last 8 and we won the first leg at home 2-1 in a tight game, and then saw the tie out with a much easier 3-0 away win. We received the worst draw in the semi finals as we would play league rivals Barcelona, but we managed an outstanding 4-1 home win in the first leg although Ronaldo's late consolation for the Catalans did leave me worried. That worry was compounded when we were 3-1 down at half time in the Nou Camp, and then things got ridiculous in the second half as we fell 8-1 behind and even with our own late goal we were out 9-6 on aggregate.

Champions League - Winners!

Unbelievably we started in the qualifying rounds before going all the way to lift the trophy. Wisla Krakow were beaten 3-1 on agg (2-1 (H) and 1-0 (A)) as we qualified for the group stage where we were grouped with Schalke 04, Club Brugge and Odd Greenland of Norway, and we gathered 13 points from our 6 games, tied with Schalke but their better head-to-head record against us (beating us 2-0 away and drawing 1-1 at home) saw them take top spot.

Our 2nd group stage opponents weren't too bad, Celtic, PSG and my former club Dusseldorf, and our points tally was even greater this time as we managed 5 wins and 1 loss (our first game at home to Celtic) as we topped the table, 7 points ahead of Celtic in 2nd. FC Koln awaited us in the quarters and a 2-0 win in Germany followed by an action packed 2-2 draw at home (a missed pen and sending off both for us, with a 90th minute equaliser confirming progression) took us into the last four to take on one of my other sides Rangers. As talked about already in the Rangers season review a Beckham hat-trick helped us to a 3-1 win at Ibrox, before we won again 3-2 at home (2 goals in the 90th minute for us) to earn the right to face Stuttgart in Rome at the Olimpico for the trophy.

What a game that followed though! We took an early lead through Tauber but by half time were 2-1 down, and so I shuffled the deck replacing my goalkeeper and central defender who both were having horrid games. It did the trick as a second for Tauber was followed by him completing his hat-trick from the penalty spot and with 80 mins on the clock we were just 10 mins from the trophy. Disaster then struck as Stuttgart scored not just once but twice and come 90 mins we were somehow 4-3 down! We managed to force a corner in the dying moments and with the ball bouncing about in the 6 yard box Lourenco was on hand to poke it home and give us a lifeline and see the game head into extra time. 30 additional minutes on the clock, we only needed 9 though as thankfully Alvarez bagged us a golden goal winner after being set up by Lourenco and I had my trophy!

Player of the Season

A tough one with some fantastic contributions this season, mentions go to Messera (24 goals and 20 assists from 54 games) and Jurgen Tauber (39 goals in 32(1) games), but with his late equaliser in the final and the highest average rating in the squad the award goes to Lourenco.

Unfortunately there are not many Y jobs as a whole given the leagues I've loaded, and none are showing up currently either, I could be in for some wait.

20. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to AMC For This Useful Post:

vCash
    Just been having a read of this.

AMC, you're making me want to fire this up again

22. The Following User Says Thank You to Coys For This Useful Post:

AMC

vCash
    Get it done mate

vCash
    Yogatospor, Yeovil, York city of Yokohama f Marino’s some I can think of

vCash
    There’s a few in Turkey, I haven’t got Japan loaded though unfortunately.

vCash
    Ystad Sweden
    Ytterby Sweden
    Yeclano Spain

27. The Following User Says Thank You to Cam F For This Useful Post:

AMC

vCash
    Already scoped out all the Y teams, doesn't get any easier with X after either, I've no Greek league for Xanthi, and Xerex and Xerez are both non league so I need to get lucky or creative

vCash
    why you not got all leagues loaded you wally? 0001 is gazillion times faster than 0102 and doesn't take ages with all nations all leagues loaded

vCash
    I only turned this into an A-Z theme a few seasons into my save.

Page 77 of 77 FirstFirst ... 677374757677