39. You may not vote on this poll

16 41.03%

23 58.97%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 82 of 84 FirstFirst ... 7278798081828384 LastLast
Results 2,026 to 2,050 of 2079

Thread: CM 00/01 - Discussion

Quote Originally Posted by Qubitus View Post
    Hello , can someone put here best recommended tactic or tactics ?

Thank you in advance for your answer.
    Try mine .I usually use this in my 0001 games.Very fast an attacking.
    Give it a try if you like:
    https://www.sendspace.com/file/tnrlf6

anyone know how to change club competition reputation in the editor? greyed out allowing me to click on it

In the nation.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Cam F For This Useful Post:

Just wanted to say cheers for all your work on these cm0001 databases! Hundreds of hours over the years playing them. Favorite database is probably legends/ Youngsters database.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to SameVersion For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by AMC View Post
    Rangers

A much quieter preseason compared to last season as just three players joined, first versatile full back Jose Maria Lacruz on a free from Betis, then West Ham's right sided forward Darren Gwyther who was a World Cup winner with England for me joined for 10m and finally his fellow World Cup winning team mate and one of my alter ego's former players Derek Howarth from Crystal Palace for a bargain 5m. Leaving the club were a few first team members from last season, Byron Bubb joining Middlesbrough for 8.25m the biggest deal, while the contracts of Edgar Davids, Steven McGarry, Stefan Oakes and Fernando Ricksen (RIP) weren't renewed. Rob Davis also joined Zaragoza on a bosman after he wouldn't sign a new deal but his stay in Spain lasted less than two months before he moved for 3m and to of all teams - Celtic!

To the season then as I continue to push for 10 in a row (currently on 7) while the search for that elusive Champions League win also continues.

League

After Celtic ran us close last year I was expecting another tough league campaign and we got up until March when we pulled ahead of our city rivals and in the end we won the league by 14 points, although the 49 goals we conceded was the worst under my reign as Rangers boss in the 8 seasons I've been here, 13 more than last season and 5 more than my previous joint worst of 44.

Scottish Cup

In an ill tempered game which saw both teams reduced to 10 men we went out at the very first stage as we lost 2-1 away at Championship side Airdrie.

League Cup

We would face Championship side Ayr Utd in our first game and after taking an early 3-0 lead, we only just made it through 3-2 to set up a quarter final tie against Kilmarnock. Another tough game ensued as the game finished 2-2 after 90 mins and we went to extra time, and that's where it all changed as Kilmarnock keeper Jamie Langfield was sent off on 95 the floodgates opened and we ended up winning 6-2. The Semi Final draw pitted us against St. Mirren and despite us taking a lead in the first half it was two goals in the last five minutes that ensured we would head into the final to face Aberdeen. Unfortunately this is where we froze as Aberdeen scored twice in the dying minutes of the first half and followed it up with an early goal in the second half to open up a 3-0 lead and we could only get a consolation goal in the 90th minute as we relinquished another domestic trophy.

Champions League

Our 1st Group Stage pitted us against Bayern Munich, Marseille and Panathinaikos and after recording 5 pts from our first three games we were looking good, although it could have been better as in our last game away at Bayern Munich we let a 3-0 slip to draw 3-3. Then we properly fell apart We lost the next two games at home to Bayern Munich and Marseille 4-1, and in our last game we let a 4-2 half time lead disappear as we went down 6-5! Somehow we still managed to keep onto third place and so we dropped into the Europa League.

Europa League

We hadn't played in the Europa League in 7 seasons when I won the tournament in my first season, but now we were in it I wanted to lift the trophy once again. First up was Benfica who we beat 2-0 away and then drew 1-1 at home to move into the quarter finals were Steau Bucharest awaited us, and again we triumphed, first 4-2 at home followed by a 1-0 win over in Romania, and now we were down to the last four. The draw was made up of ourselves, Aberdeen, AB of Denmark and FC Koln and it would be the latter of these we would face, with the first leg at home. We made a fantastic start finding ourselves 3-0 up after just 25 mins, and then once again we collapsed, conceding five times to go down 5-3, and it left us with a big task now in Germany. When Koln opened the scoring in the return leg it looked game over but all of a sudden we started dominating and found ourselves 2-1 ahead on 74, but we couldn't add to our tally and went out 6-5 on agg. Koln would not lift the trophy though as AB beat them 2-1 in Lisbon, for us it would be our fifth European Semi Final defeat in a row!

Player of the Season

Last year's winner Papadopoulos never really got going this year despite his 34 goals in 35 games, and towards the end of the season he lost him place to Gwyther who didn't show much in his game time on the right wing. but finished the season with 10 goals in 7 games from the lone striker role, which has left the Greek striker a bit disgruntled. Instead it would go to another recent winner, that of Mario Gotze who recorded an incredible 28 assists from his 43(1) apps as well as 17 goals from his midfield role.

Aims for next season

Once again that elusive Champions League title! With us now on 8 in a row I only have two chances left of lifting the big one, winning the league goes without saying while it'd be nice to regain one of the domestic cups, the Scottish Cup preferably.
    Rangers

One of our busiest seasons for transfers since I took over, but only four joined before the start of the season, Marcus Hagberg from Parma and goalkeeper Alan Millar from Arsenal both on a bosman, veteran keeper Andy Roberts on a free and then the signing everyone wanted the return of Anastasios Skalidis from Hamburg for 5m. Over the course of the season though due to injuries, a change of formation and fixture congestion, a further 5 permanent signings where made, AM/F C Michael Kennedy from Boro for 1m, centre midfielders Xavi and Hugo from Barcelona and Fiorentina for 8m and 2.5m respectively, Faroe Islands right winger Eydun Nielsen from B 71 for 140k and finally the biggest signing of the season, Dutch defensive midfielder David Mendes da Silva from Arsenal for 17.5m and that weren't the end of it as at the start of April no less than 14 players joined on loan for the rest of the campaign to help our very stretched squad.

Obviously with so many incoming there was quite a few outgoings, 10 in total with Jack Wilshire being the biggest as he joined Milan for 20m as he wanted to move to a bigger club, and with Skalidis back at the club his fellow Greek striker Papadopoulos decided to join Wilshere at Milan for 10m. With a change of formation full backs were surplus to requirements so Jon Flanagan, Jose Maria Lacruz, Bobby Bryant and Luke Shaw left for pastures news, and with two new keepers in the door to help us defensively former number 1 Phil Smith who had been my keeper with England and Ulsterman Brian McCullough were moved on. The final two outgoings where players who came through the youth system, Steven Thompson leaving on a free to Burnley after just two sub appearances for the club and wasn't a blow at all, but the second really was as Barry Ferguson left the club. I didn't want to lose my club captain despite him playing less and less nowadays but he wouldn't sign a new contract, no problem I thought I'll let him leave on a free and then re-sign him, the problem is I forgot to re-sign him! He moved on to Niort and despite throwing silly money at the French Club for a 34 year old, Ferguson didn't want to talk terms and so I would be without him for the season

League

Celtic had given us a good run the last two seasons but this season we were miles clear of the rest, breaking the 100 point barrier, while our 25 games won in a row (from game week four) was a new league record. Our defensive record from last season did improve from last season but it was our joint 2nd worst with 44 (which we've managed three times), although the change of formation maybe responsible for that too.

Scottish Cup

We disposed of Ross County 3-0 away in our first game thanks to a brace from Skalidis, before overcoming Aberdeen 3-2 at home in a game that saw us down to 10 men after 41 mins although we were 3-1 up at the time. The last eight stage is where we really turned on the style, as we faced League One side Albion Rovers away and a second string side won 7-4 with 6 different scorers. The same eleven started the semi final against Hibs but we could only draw 1-1 so a replay took place just four days later (obviously we had a league game in between them games!). Despite Hibs having a man sent off after just two mins and us scoring the resulting penalty they equalised through Wayne Bridge and with no further goals in normal time we went to extra time where thankfully we scored twice through Gwyther to put us in the final. The final was our 7th game in just 14 days (despite us having a couple of midweeks free in April when league games could have been played) and things didn't get any easier when Queiroz got his marching orders on 8 mins, and even with Reus scoring shortly afterwards two sucker punches from Kilmarnock in the second half gave the Ayrshire club the trophy.

League Cup

Hearts away promised to be a tough ask to start the competition and that's exactly how it was, as it took a 90th minute winner for us to prevail 4-3, and away at Hamilton in the quarter finals we again won by just a one goal margin triumphing 2-1. Just like in the Scottish Cup we faced Hibs in the last four but this time with Skalidis on the pitch it was a lot more straight forward with the striker helping himself to a hat-trick in a 3-1 win. It was deja vu once again in the final as we faced Kilmarnock and despite having a man sent off yet again, this time it didn't affect us as it was the 90th minute and we where 5-1 up to the good as we lifted the trophy.

Champions League

Rosenborg, West Ham and Club Brugge would be our 1st Group Stage opponents and we didn't get off to the best start losing 3-2 in Norway in our first game, but then won our next four to win the group as our second team closed out the group with a 3-3 draw in London. Juventus, Betis and PSG faced us next and we started with three wins to leave us in a great position and despite losing our 4th game at home to PSG, a win and a draw in our final two games so us finish top once again. The knockout stages then and a trip to Zagreb to take on Dinamo, a game we dominated from the first whistle but we found an inspired goalkeeper in our way and despite Cunningham finding the net we couldn't find a second and Niko Kranjcar equalised for the home side. A bad tempered game at Ibrox followed but despite being reduced to 9 men we won 4-2 to set up a tie against Betis once again.

In the 2nd Group Stage we won 3-1 at home and drew 3-3 away but this time in Spain we had a horror show as we went down 4-2 despite being 2-1 up after 24 mins. We needed to score at least twice at Ibrox and in front of a lively home crowd they buoyed us on and at half time we were 3-0 up, but a Betis goal on 51 set up a nervy final 40 mins, just one more goal for Betis would see them through but the game changed in the 90th minute as they had a player sent off and Xavi scored a 4th for us to see us through to the final. Could we finally win the big one then? In our way would be another Spanish side in Valencia, and with the game coming three days before the Scottish Cup final it was our fifth in 9 days, and we had a terrible start conceding after 8 mins. Thankfully we soon got our act together, Skalidis equalising on 19 and then Howarth giving us the lead on 39, but once again we let our opponents back in on the 51st minute but Skalidis had the last say scoring in the 67th minute and we saw it out to finally land the Champions League!

Player of the Season

No surprises that it goes to the returning Skalidis, who managed 79 goals in 45 games as he fired us to that Champions League trophy I so desperately wanted. Our biggest signing that of David Mendes da Silva didn't disappoint either with an average rating of 8.05 from his 20 games. As usual Gotze (35 (3) games, 13 goals, 21 assists, ave. rating 8.03) and Cunningham (29(2) games, 4 goals, 20 assists, ave. rating 7.81) both had fantastic seasons, while it was nice to see Bale enjoy his best season for the club reaching double figures for goals and assists, in his previous two seasons he hadn't managed either never mind both.

Aims for next season

With us now at 9 in a row then there is only one real aim and that is the league title to make it 10, but seeing this will be my last season (if I do fail I'm not trying for another 10 seasons ) it would be nice to get a clean sweep domestically - although if I had to pick one it would be the Scottish Cup to tie Celtic's 33 wins in the competition - the league and league cup we're already the team with the most wins. Another good showing in the CL would obviously be great, retaining it would be unbelievable and put us one ahead of Celtic
    Last edited by AMC; 29-04-20 at 04:35 PM.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to AMC For This Useful Post:

What leave Gers or end the save?

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Cam F For This Useful Post:

AMC

Leave Rangers mate, 10 in a row and a CL in the bag was the aim when I took over so that will done next season, or like I say if I dont win the league I aint staying for another 10 seasons
    Last edited by AMC; 31-07-20 at 09:36 AM.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to AMC For This Useful Post:

hi Guys,does exist cm scout for cm 00 01? thank you

Yes, you use the same one as 0102

Quote Originally Posted by Cam F View Post
    Yes, you use the same one as 0102
    Thank you 😊

Guys,please,can you tell me a very very very strong tactic? thank you

Schalke

So after winning Serie B with Parma I was off to Germany to take over the reins of relegated Schalke, but it wouldn't be easy as one of the other sides relegated from the Bundesliga was none other than FC Koln who had knocked my Rangers side out of the Europa League Semi Final before losing 2-1 to AB in the final.

I was well stocked with strikers, Wolfgang Korell and Peter Wimmer are both German Internationalists while we could also call upon Javier Hernandez, and therefore transfers were mostly focussed on midfielders and a couple of defenders. In total 15 players joined over the course of the season for a combined 19.25m, the biggest of which was 29 year old Austrian midfielder Philipp Weissenberger who joined from Leverkusen in a 9m deal.

League

As expected FC Koln were our closest challenges and quite early on the league turned into a two horse race between ourselves, but thankfully we stretched ahead in the final two months of the season as they lost four games out of five in March, and with the title secured we even turned them over 5-3 at their own ground to add insult to injury.

German Cup

The league was our main priority but the cup was also on my radar and after beating non league Magdeburg 4-0 we faced a difficult 2nd round tie to Bundesliga giants Borussia Dortmund who would finish the season in 2nd, but we were at home. As you would expect from a Ruhr derby the stadium packed but unfortunately despite equalising after going 1-0 down, we conceded again to be 2-1 down at half time, both goals by one Andriy Voronin! The second half was a different story though, Weissenberger levelling things and then Wimmer putting us ahead, and despite a sending off in the 72nd minute for us we held on to progress to the next round.

Another non league side faced us in the 3rd round as we traveled to Ahlen and in a tough game we prevailed 2-1, and then in a highly entertaining game we beat HSV 4-3 to make it into the last four. Fellow 2. Bundesliga side Reutlingen came to Gelsenkirchen and left feeling blue after we beat them 4-2 and we were through to the final. With the league won by now I could have moved on already but I wanted to stay for the final and so to Berlin we went to take on Stuttgart who had just won the Bundesliga, it doesn't get much tougher than that. Well they did as within 20 mins we were 3-1 down and had our keeper and centre back sent off, and from there we were never going to pull it back despite a spirited effort which made the scoreline look respectful.

Player of the Season

With Korell (18(4) games, 20 goals) and Wimmer (20(6) games 16 goals) sharing the strikers role, big signing Philippe Weissenberger justified his price tag with a fantastic season.

So with the 2. Bundesliga trophy to my name I was free to move on and I would be heading back to a country I had managed in previously but not for quite a while, as six days after losing the German Cup Final I was presented as the new manager of Turkish Super Lig side Istanbulspor A.S. who had just finished the season in 10th place and have never won a trophy, something I plan on changing as soon as possible!

18. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to AMC For This Useful Post:

How cool! pesky sendings off costing you in cup, hope they were fined. Can i see that dudes AMC III job history please?

20. The Following User Says Thank You to Cam F For This Useful Post:

AMC

IIIs job history isnt that big due to it being the last manager I added, its only Zaragoza (CL winner), Parma (Serie B winner) and Schalke (2. Bundesliga).

Didnt bother fining them either given it was my last game at the club too.

22. The Following User Says Thank You to AMC For This Useful Post:

Oh no! Riots in Glasgow that Saturday night!!!

Meanwhile more proud of Dover than my MU.

24. The Following User Says Thank You to Cam F For This Useful Post:

AMC

Let us know how that final goes mate, still dont know how you can manage them though

It's not me, it is my manager who has no allegiances, i have 5 managers all with different nationalities, usually 4-6 on the go in most career games. Tbh i was very surprised they knocked out my amazing MU team, didn't see that coming!!!

Milan

On taking over the club they had just been dumped out of the Inter-Toto Cup 2nd Round 3-2 on aggregate to Ukrainean side Tavria (who?) and so it was no surprise Fatih Terim was sacked.

With just Serie A and the Italian Cup to play for, I went about strenghtening an already decent squad but with 196m available to spend it was about to get even better. Wingers Alessio Cerci and Magne Hoseth were signed from Fiorentina for a joint 6m, while I placed my trust in Rangers striker Alexandros Papadopoulos to get me the goals as he arrived for 10m. Former Dusseldorf and Zaragoza keeper David de Gea joined for 2m to be my number one, while veterans Fabio Cannavaro and Mariano Herron joined on one year deals on a free. In September and October I signed three more players, two midfielders Paulo Figueiredo and Mohammed Sheliah Al-Owairan for 2m and 1.5m respectively to bolster my numbers, while defender Angelo Corradi joined from Bari for 1.5m to increase my options in defence.

January was where the big business was done though, Ajax and Brazil attacking midfielder joined for 2.5m, while Jack Wilshere became our second signing from Rangers for 20m. No team of mine is complete without Zoltan Vincze who maybe 36 now but is still amazing and he arrived from Zaragoza for 1.2m, before the biggest signing of them all, Roma's Neymar who signed on the dotted line for 35m. You'd think there would be outgoings with all them signings, but apart from some youth players being released to make room for the incomings no one else left the club.

League

As to be expected in Italy there were a number of handy sides, none more so than Lazio and city rivals Inter, and come the winter break it was anyone's guess who would go on to win it. With it being so in the balance and the fact anything can happen in the cup that was when I decided to splash the cash further and that really made the difference as we kept going from strength to strength while the other contenders fell by the way side and the title was won with five games to go.

Italian Cup

Serie B side Cosenza were our first opponents and my second string side swept them aside 7-1 on agg, to set up a last 8 tie with fellow Serie B side Monza and after my first eleven beat them 4-0 away in the first leg, the second string completed the job 1-0 at home. To the semis and things started getting trickier, it was my full team from here on in but that didn't stop me losing 5-2 away at Lazio in the first leg losing three goals in the final 12 mins, but an unbelievable performance at home saw us triumph 3-0 and sneak through on away goals. Awaiting us in the final was none other than my former club Fiorentina, and after a tough 2-2 draw away (recovering from 2-0 down after 9 mins), we ensured the trophy was ours with a 2-0 win in my last game with the club to make it a double.

Player of the Season

Neymar was quality when he came in with 11 assists and 7 goals from his 15 games, but Papadopoulos repaid me following his move from Rangers by banging in 42 goals in 29(1) games, his 40 goals in the league equaling the league record set by Hernan Crespo in my Fiorentina side two seasons ago.

I've already secured my next job and it was one I could have had last year as Juventus decided to sack Fatih Terim (yes him again! ) after they could only finish 9th in the table and they offered me the job of turning things around. This could take me more than one season as the squad I had with Milan is far superior than the one I inherit at Juventus, and the likes of Inter, Lazio, Fiorentina and Roma also have better players. I really should have took this job last year when the Italian Super Cup was on offer

28. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to AMC For This Useful Post:

Two months into the job, and I'm already on the insecure list despite not playing a game!

Oh i was going to say, i left Milan after winning chanpionship in 0001 for Juventus and it was a disaster, too many wankers unhappy and had to sell them to get a good ship again, wished i had stayed at Milan!!!

31. The Following User Says Thank You to Cam F For This Useful Post:

AMC

I'm not enjoying it thus far, been hard attracting decent players to bridge the gap, I only jumped at the chance to take it as it's an elusive "J" job

33. The Following User Says Thank You to AMC For This Useful Post:

Not even played a competitive game yet, unbelievable

35. The Following User Says Thank You to AMC For This Useful Post:

Wowsers, the truth will out, what did you do? What did you do? Somebody will blow the whistle on this murky tale, they always do.

That sacking has well and truly buggered me, despite about 10 job applications including one to Serie C1/B side Juve Stabia I still can't get a new job despite being the 7th best manager of the world and 3rd in Italy apparently.

Finally in late November La Liga mid table side Rayo Vallecano offer me a job (but I can't get a lower league job in Italy ). Sadly R is a letter I've already covered (they show as Rayo in the table unfortunately), but I'm hoping being in a job will help me get another job.