Voters
39. You may not vote on this poll

16 41.03%

23 58.97%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 83 of 83 FirstFirst ... 737980818283
Results 2,051 to 2,074 of 2074

Thread: CM 00/01 - Discussion

You couldn't make this up but the Rayo Vallecano Chairman also has patience 1 and I'm already on shaky ground! Second pic are my results since coming in, apart from a horror show from my keeper in one game I think I've done extremely well winning all the others and drawing away at Barcelona and Real Madrid. Get me out of here asap

2. The Following User Says Thank You to AMC For This Useful Post:

This manager is cursed all of a sudden

Look at them tenures at previous clubs when I only moved on after I won something (Betis excluded as that was before I turned this into an A-Z story) and then check the last two

4. The Following User Says Thank You to AMC For This Useful Post:

No way!!!

I wonder if your reputation as a bit of a slut had an impact, same way you can get the sack on holiday if you keep applying for jobs at bigger clubs.

Yeah that didnt help, but I think I applied for about three jobs over them 6-7 weeks.

Hello all,

Been playing recently the game with 3.81 ODB.
    At the start of the season 04/05, the game started giving at almost every processing the error message "v3.81 Database..cpp 16478".
    I'm using Nick's .exe with No-CD, Coloured atts and idle sensitivity.
    Does someone know what that error means? Thanks!

Getting back into this CM and I think its amazing the difference the in-built backgrounds make. Its the one I remember most fondly and it I think it definitely feels more immersive because of that boon. I know you can load your own backgrounds into 01/02 but I was getting a bit sick of it to be honest, felt far too easy. Absolutely breezed through the lower leagues and felt like something was missing because of that. Love a save where youre really pushed to make things work

Incidentally, anyone know if I can copy a font pack into 00/01 files? Tried using the 01/02 ones but it didnt work...

Sadly not, one of the few things I miss from 01/02 (the player comparison feature another).

Quote Originally Posted by henry2705 View Post
    Getting back into this CM and I think its amazing the difference the in-built backgrounds make. Its the one I remember most fondly and it I think it definitely feels more immersive because of that boon. I know you can load your own backgrounds into 01/02 but I was getting a bit sick of it to be honest, felt far too easy. Absolutely breezed through the lower leagues and felt like something was missing because of that. Love a save where youre really pushed to make things work

Incidentally, anyone know if I can copy a font pack into 00/01 files? Tried using the 01/02 ones but it didnt work...
    Quote Originally Posted by AMC View Post
    Sadly not, one of the few things I miss from 01/02 (the player comparison feature another).
    I would like that also but not fussed but would be a Nick or John question but guess nobody has asked and might be tricky.

Yeah, it was convenient. Also miss attribute masking too, makes things a bit more challenging.

Noticed mention of a brawl in a game I played yesterday!

Dont remember ever seeing that in 01/02.

So after being sacked by Juventus and Rayo Vallecano and unable to even land a French National job I decided to leave the game for a couple weeks. When I loaded it back up I noticed the Stuttgart job available and applied and somehow I landed it! Then I remembered why I hadn't applied for it already, as their chairman had a patience stat of 1, the same value as the Juve and Vallecano chairman and now I feared a third sacking for the season

There were a couple of good players in the squad, none more so than club skipper and German striker Mario Gomez, but they were very light on numbers and midfield was particularly lacking in quality. There were 6 games left of the season and after losing my first two games 6-3 and 3-2 I thought I was in danger of my p45, but we finished with 2 wins, a draw and a loss as we didn't move from 7th, good enough for UEFA Cup football next year.

14. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to AMC For This Useful Post:

but if someone can explain that Serie A season it'd be much appreciated
    The Serie A of the Brasileiro in CM 00/01 is identical to the 1999 season. Three teams qualified for Libertadores through the National Championship. The fourth team qualified through the Copa do Brasil.

Here is a better explanation:
    - Preliminary round: The teams that entered the 17th and 18th place of the 1999 Brazilian Championship dispute the events.
    - First Phase: The teams that were between 9th and 15th place in the 1999 Brazilian Football Championship, plus the team that won the Preliminary Phase, play two matches to see which team is the best. The winner passes through the stage.
    - Second Stage: All the teams that won in the First Stage and the teams eliminated in the quarterfinals of the 1999 Brazilian Football Championship dispute the Second Stage, with the same scheme as the First Stage (round trip).
    - Stage Three: All four winning teams from Stage Two move on to Stage Three.
    - Semi-final: The winners of the third phase will dispute the semifinal with those eliminated from the semifinal of the 1999 Brazilian Football Championship.
    - Final: The two semifinal winners will decide the title on a round trip.
    In the event of a tie in the goal difference, the team best classified in the 1999 Brazilian Championship is classified.

https://pt.wikipedia.org/wiki/Seleti...a_Libertadores

16. The Following User Says Thank You to toguchi For This Useful Post:

AMC

Cheers for the explanation but I'm still confused and unfortunately the wiki link is in Portuguese.

Given my results does it make sense for what you explain though?

For example you say in the event of a tie the best team in the league wins, I finished the season in 1st before the playoffs, but after two games in the semis against Santos I won one and drew one, but I didn't progress another game was played which I lost, fair enough Santos and I now have both won one, drew one and lost one, so being tied I should go through due to finishing highest in the league, but I didn't Santos did as on aggregate over the three legs they scored more.

What did I get for winning the playoff stage after entering it when I exited the Championship stage? Qualification to the Copa Libertadores? If so it's ridiculous a team in 18th could win the preliminary stage and then go right through the playoff stage and win it to qualify for the Copa Libertadores.

18. The Following User Says Thank You to AMC For This Useful Post:

In fact looking at that wiki page, regardless of results, all games were decided over two legs, and qualification for the next round was decided by what you expect, aggregate over the two games followed by away goals, therefore I was screwed over in that Santos game

20. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to AMC For This Useful Post:

Either way I managed to move on after winning the State Championship, it just set me back a few months

Will post an update tonight anyway either on my season with Rangers or my one with Istanbulspor.

22. The Following User Says Thank You to AMC For This Useful Post:

What did I get for winning the playoff stage after entering it when I exited the Championship stage? Qualification to the Copa Libertadores? If so it's ridiculous a team in 18th could win the preliminary stage and then go right through the playoff stage and win it to qualify for the Copa Libertadores.
    Yes for sure. It was the only solution they found at the time to qualify another team for the Copa Libertadores. The Brazilian Championship had funny moments haha

24. The Following User Says Thank You to toguchi For This Useful Post:

AMC

Crazy indeed.

Istanbulspor

The club finished last season in 10th place, 31 points behind Champions Trabzonspor and so I knew I'd have quite the job to have them challenging for honours this season.

In order to overcome the difference I looked to reshape the squad although there were some good players in there, no more so than Clint Dempsey who I expected a big season from. Over the season I signed 7 players permanently for just over 5m, while a massive 16 joined on loan (two of which signed permanently) with 11 players leaving the club for just over 2.2m.

League

It was a real barn burner with ourselves, Trabzonspor, Fenerbahce and Samsunspor in contention for the title for most of the season before we created a bit of daylight with five games to go, that was until we lost two of next four games, and despite losing our last game as well our goal difference was far too big for Samsunspor to trouble us despite them finishing with the same amount of points as us and I had my trophy.

Turkish Cup

We made extremely light work of our first two games winning 5-0 away at G. Doganspor and 6-1 away at Kirkkalespor to make it to the quarters were we would face another away trip to G. Birligi. It was a tougher game but a good showing saw us triumph 3-1 to move into the semis and in an even tougher game we sneaked through on pens after drawing 2-2 AET away at Denizlispor to set up a final against Galatasaray. It was another pulsating game but unfortuntaley some wayward finishing from us was our undoing as we only scored twice from our 17 shots, while our opponents managed three from their eight, and we couldn't make it a double sadly.

Player of the Season

Dempsey lived up to the hype despite finishing the season quietly as he managed 18 goals from 32 games with 8 assists to fire us to the league title.

Once again I have my next job lined up and I'll be moving to a country I haven't managed in on this save, in fact I haven't managed there in a long time on 00/01 or 01/02 as I leave Turkey for Russia to take over Torpedo Moscow.

27. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to AMC For This Useful Post:

Wow, that was an exciting season!!! and an exciting new job offer, hope you don't Torpedo it 2014, long save now also!

29. The Following User Says Thank You to Cam F For This Useful Post:

AMC

Yep, gutted about the cup final but it just wasn't our day.

Excited to head to Russia, they've already started their season so I'll cover that when I get to the season write up with them.

Rangers

So after finally lifting the Champions Leagues and 9-in-a-row done, this would be my last season with Rangers and I wanted to go out with a bang.

Five players left over the season, captain Gary Blake wanted a new challenge after winning the Champions League and left for Roma for 20m, and he was joined by squad players Dave Tucker (210k - Fulham), John Jones (2.2m - Chelsea) and Ronnie Wallwork (free) leaving the club, while Marco Reus left for Real Madrid in December in an 11.25m deal. Heading into the club were six players, four before the season started, goalkeeper Brian Peacock on a bosman from Boro, centre backs Neil O'Neil and Graeme Wilson from Swansea and Lens for 250k and 4.2m respectively, and then the big one, Brazilian Superstar Neymar from Roma for 19m who I had high hopes for. The duo of left winger Diego Jongen and attacking midfielder Adam Cooper joined on the same day in October for 2m and 8m as we looked to bolster the numbers the fixture list soon demanded of the squad.

League

Domination once again, we didn't drop our first point till the end of October at home to Inverness and our first defeat didn't come till the end of March as somehow I lost my final Old Firm game at home 5-1 (don't worry I avenged that a few weeks later beating them 6-1 at Celtic Park ). In the end the title was won by 16 pts from Celtic, with two defeats in our final four games stopping us breaking the 100 point barrier.

Scottish Cup

If I could pick one domestic cup this season to win it was this one, so I could leave the club tied with Celtic with 33 tournament wins. Things got off well as we beat Hearts 4-1 away and East Fife 3-0 at home before a 2-0 win over Morton took us through to the semis were we overcame Ayr Utd 5-1 at Hampden and we were in the final. Who would be waiting in the final though? Celtic obviously, double or quits then, either we tie them with 33 Scottish Cups or they extend their lead to 34 from our 32, to the game and we battered them from pillar to post, recording 9 shots on target to their 3, but unfortunately they had a keeper in form and we didn't and they somehow won 2-0

League Cup

Could we lift the other domestic cup though? Sadly not as after thumping Aberdeen 4-0 away, we then lost at home 1-0 to Dundee with them scoring with their only shot on target in the 90th minute

Champions League

Defending Champions, it would be a hell of a task to retain it but we had the quality to do just that, and despite a tough opening group with Inter, Arsenal and Grasshopper Zurich we topped the table with 13 points. Next up were Betis, St-Etienne and Trabzonspor and this was slightly more trickier but once again we took 1st place with 11 points with Betis in 2nd a point behind and through to the last eight we went. Dutch giants Ajax stood in our way and it was a great tie for the neutral, we were leading the first leg 2-1 at Ibrox before a late double from Arjen Robben left us with it all to do in Amsterdam two weeks later, but somehow we found ourselves 3-0 up in the second leg after 50 mins but it was short lived as Ajax pulled two back moments later and to extra time we went. The extra half hour still couldn't separate us and so to pens we went, and unfortunately we missed two of our five penalties and Ajax made no mistake and we were eliminated.

World Club Cup

Drawn in a group with Arsenal, America (MEX) and Perth Glory we got off to a terrible start losing our opening game 3-2 to America (MEX), and despite battering Perth Glory 5-2 in the next we were dependent on the Australian side getting a result against America (MEX) for us to take top spot, and that was with us having to beat Arsenal. We did our bit winning 2-1, and somehow despite having 10 men from the 53rd minute, Perth Glory managed to hold out for a 2-2 draw and we had managed to snatch 1st and a place in the final against Huracan of Argentina. What a game this was as well! 2-0 up in 12 mins, 3-0 at half time this was too easy, and it was as by the 80th minute it was 3-2 and then I experienced one of the most action packed last minutes ever, Neymar received a straight red, Huracan equalised, but then straight from kick off we took the lead again and this time we held onto it, phew!

Club World Cup

Uruguayan side Penarol faced us in Tokyo, and we never do things easy do we? 2-0 down at half time, we soon turned it around in the second half thanks to Jongen and Sterling, but we couldn't be separated at full time so to extra time we went. Penarol were out on the feet and goals from Neymar and Skalidis ensured the trophy was ours.

European Super Cup

Barcelona was as tricky as this could get led by one Lionel Messi, who at 28 was right in his prime and could boast 451 goals and 262 assists in his 598 games for the club (his stats as of the end of the season). Skalidis gave us the lead before Bojan levelled things, but another from our Greek striker gave us a half time lead. Queiroz made it 3-1 but Messi reduced the deficit once again, before Skalidis completed his hatrick on 70, and despite a late goal from Iker Muniain we stood firm to see out a 4-3 win.

Player of the Season

Once again it goes to Skalidis, who despite now being 32 still banged in 73 goals in 55 games to lead us to multiple trophies this season.

So that was that, after 10 seasons I will be leaving Rangers after winning 10 league titles, 5 league cups, 3 Scottish Cups, 1 Champions League, 1 Europa League, 1 World Club Cup, 1 Club World Cup and 1 European Super Cup, the question is where will I end up next?
    Last edited by AMC; 30-07-20 at 09:08 PM.

32. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to AMC For This Useful Post:

I'm just going to ask this here, as it's as good a thread as any. Are there and working links available to download Info0's DWSv5? I make my own tactics, but look at others for inspiration. I don't do the number crunching to test them or anything. My wib/wob is more based on natural positioning within the base formation. One thing I would like to know, though, is are there any basic principles for 00/01 tactics that lend some to generally work better than others (e.g. 3 or 4 defenders? DMC? 1, 2 or 3 attackers?)? I cant find much about that anywhere like I can for 01/02.

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Conquest View Post
    I'm just going to ask this here, as it's as good a thread as any. Are there and working links available to download Info0's DWSv5? I make my own tactics, but look at others for inspiration. I don't do the number crunching to test them or anything. My wib/wob is more based on natural positioning within the base formation. One thing I would like to know, though, is are there any basic principles for 00/01 tactics that lend some to generally work better than others (e.g. 3 or 4 defenders? DMC? 1, 2 or 3 attackers?)? I cant find much about that anywhere like I can for 01/02.
    https://www.sendspace.com/file/miqy4n

35. The Following User Says Thank You to Cam F For This Useful Post:

Thanks for the link. Does anyone have any general thoughts on the optimal number of players in key areas? I use a back four and two strikers in most of the tactics I spent any time on. None of them have any truly wide players other than fullbacks. I haven't ever expended much effort on a back three, mostly because I heard it's not very effective in 01/02, even though this is for 00/01, and it wasn't that great for me when I did try. My preferred formation for ten men uses only a single striker, but I don't normally deploy it for a full starting line-up.
    Last edited by Dr. Conquest; 05-09-20 at 08:15 PM.

Page 83 of 83 FirstFirst ... 737980818283