Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456

Thread: WORLD RECORD 435 SEASON

I can load the game and play further but I can't record it doesn't accept saves. The last save is the end of season 439. The next two seasons I played but I couldn't record and it was just a waste of time. It always brings me back to the end of season 439. Each the game has an end like this!

Tried saving to a different location e.g desktop and a different save game name?

Don't want to piss on your chips, but you were a long way from any world record. This is from my current tactic test save which is in season 511.

Previously I have got into the 700's. There is no end date in the game that forces you to stop, however the save game eventually gets too big to either save or if it does save, to restore. Around 2Gb is the limit for a save game and after that you are on borrowed time. The other thing that can cause problems is the club records history TMP file, which can also grow extremely large. Actually, you did get further than I expected as I thought you might blow out around season 425-430.

If you do want to go into the distant future, there are some things that you can do, basically anything to keep the save game small. Before you start, you can ensure that you have Minimum Database and only 5000 Matches stored. I've also turned off Background Matches as well as well as Sound, Background Changes and Flashing Text, but I'm not sure that these make any significant difference.

Next you want to select a nation with few leagues and a short season. Australia, Greece and Norway are probably the best. Don't play any friendlies and try not to change job more that strictly necessary. Basically do all you can to keep the save game as small as possible.

That said, with all these restrictions in place, it is pretty much unplayable and certainly lacking in any enjoyment, so other than for testing tactics, I'm not sure what the point is.
    The artist formally known as The Eejit

I've always wondered what the save safely option is for? Who would save unsafely?

When the game first came out, hard drives weren't as big as they are now. I had an old DELL desk top which even then was about 5 years old and I could only fit 2 save games on it, the temp save and the renamed one. I guess it was an option for someone who had a smaller hard drive than that.

ok thanks for the info. But I wonder why you didn't sign up when you knew what the record was in the seasons? You know I've been here for 3 months and you've been silent all the time. I showed my record to everyone recording my seasons. all that. I would love to see you live playing that save of 500+ seasons. How many hackers and cheaters there are is not difficult to make a screenshot. Proof you've played so long and I'll be your admirer.

Don't care if you believe me or not. Also I didn't want to spoil your fun which is why I didn't say anything until now.

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456