Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456

Thread: WORLD RECORD 435 SEASON

Tried saving to a different location e.g desktop and a different save game name?

Don't want to piss on your chips, but you were a long way from any world record. This is from my current tactic test save which is in season 511.

Previously I have got into the 700's. There is no end date in the game that forces you to stop, however the save game eventually gets too big to either save or if it does save, to restore. Around 2Gb is the limit for a save game and after that you are on borrowed time. The other thing that can cause problems is the club records history TMP file, which can also grow extremely large. Actually, you did get further than I expected as I thought you might blow out around season 425-430.

If you do want to go into the distant future, there are some things that you can do, basically anything to keep the save game small. Before you start, you can ensure that you have Minimum Database and only 5000 Matches stored. I've also turned off Background Matches as well as well as Sound, Background Changes and Flashing Text, but I'm not sure that these make any significant difference.

Next you want to select a nation with few leagues and a short season. Australia, Greece and Norway are probably the best. Don't play any friendlies and try not to change job more that strictly necessary. Basically do all you can to keep the save game as small as possible.

That said, with all these restrictions in place, it is pretty much unplayable and certainly lacking in any enjoyment, so other than for testing tactics, I'm not sure what the point is.
    The artist formally known as The Eejit

I've always wondered what the save safely option is for? Who would save unsafely?

When the game first came out, hard drives weren't as big as they are now. I had an old DELL desk top which even then was about 5 years old and I could only fit 2 save games on it, the temp save and the renamed one. I guess it was an option for someone who had a smaller hard drive than that.

ok thanks for the info. But I wonder why you didn't sign up when you knew what the record was in the seasons? You know I've been here for 3 months and you've been silent all the time. I showed my record to everyone recording my seasons. all that. I would love to see you live playing that save of 500+ seasons. How many hackers and cheaters there are is not difficult to make a screenshot. Proof you've played so long and I'll be your admirer.

Don't care if you believe me or not. Also I didn't want to spoil your fun which is why I didn't say anything until now.

started playing game again

Quote Originally Posted by Redknapp69 View Post
    you could just let game play itself and now then stop and save it then carry on playing on its own again. also 500 seasons do you get out alot ,got a wife or girlfriend or even a life. i love football and man utd . but games playing pes 6 ,champ man 0102 or watching is a hobby. they dont care about you .pay your mortgage etc half the lots players dont even try in games. ie 6-1 v spurs still get 300.000 a week. might be my opinion but football does not control me .people are dying at the moment and they will not take a pay cut .people losing there jobs etc still earning there millions. still love playing football games and watching it but 500 season on a game might be over 3 years but how long each day playing it . get a life.

And for some people having an interest in watching/playing sport is important to them and may help well-being/mental health etc

Not the best first comment you could make when joining the site mate

as a utd fan 6 -1 to spurs my well-being/mental health etc in this day and age is not watching/playing sport is important to me as being alive. my mate's mom and dad died a few weeks apart. he couldnt say goodbye . all i am saying someone made a comment dont want to piss on your chips . all something to some one else because he got close to his record. again i said i love football playing and watching but not to take over my life. that his what i said. also played this game 18 years , loaded it unloaded 100s of times ,whether it's my first comment or more doesnt matter ,i did say it was just my opinion . sorry to upset you but people are dying out there losing lifes etc football is important to watch play but not vital.
    'dont care if was my 1st comment been a member on and off this site 6 years and it was my 1st comment ,for him to say piss on your whatever over a GAME just because some one got close to his record (well done for it) but its a GAME.made me angry .
    in my area 24 people died yesterday ,im playing the game but its a game PISS ON YOUR CHIPS for record on a game what you can let play on its own is not very big to me. MY opinion only , sorry if that afends you. sorry to go off on one but if you get told off for your own feeling after making a comment on a site ,stuff it then. tell what was really wrong with my comment i said i watched and played sport and football (pc game included) but just said his comment to another person yet you said nothing to him over that PISS ON YOUR CHIPS comment on this page. thanks anyway have a good day and stay safe. my last comment because after one comment im told to shut up so i will . goodbye.
    Last edited by manutd4ever; 07-10-20 at 01:45 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by manutd4ever View Post
    as a utd fan 6 -1 to spurs my well-being/mental health etc in this day and age is not watching/playing sport is important to me as being alive. my mate's mom and dad died a few weeks apart. he couldnt say goodbye . all i am saying someone made a comment dont want to piss on your chips . all something to some one else because he got close to his record. again i said i love football playing and watching but not to take over my life. that his what i said. also played this game 18 years , loaded it unloaded 100s of times ,whether it's my first comment or more doesnt matter ,i did say it was just my opinion . sorry to upset you but people are dying out there losing lifes etc football is important to watch play but not vital.
    'dont care if was my 1st comment been a member on and off this site 6 years and it was my 1st comment ,for him to say piss on your whatever over a GAME just because some one got close to his record (well done for it) but its a GAME.made me angry .
    in my area 24 people died yesterday ,im playing the game but its a game PISS ON YOUR CHIPS for record on a game what you can let play on its own is not very big to me. MY opinion only , sorry if that afends you. sorry to go off on one but if you get told off for your own feeling after making a comment on a site ,stuff it then. tell what was really wrong with my comment i said i watched and played sport and football (pc game included) but just said his comment to another person yet you said nothing to him over that PISS ON YOUR CHIPS comment on this page. thanks anyway have a good day and stay safe. my last comment because after one comment i'm told to shut up so i will . goodbye.
    I think you may have misunderstood Kingsley's comment.

Kingsley was replying not just to this thread but the myriad of spam comments of which season marko was on in the shoutbox on this site. Kingsley isn't saying its his record either.

All he is pointing out is that the number of seasons Marko had got to is not a record despite months of comments in relation to Marko contacting the guinness book of records and effectively bragging about how great he was to have got to 435 seasons. There was a context to his comment from an ongoing conversation in the shoutbox.

Whereas your comment, out of the blue, was effectively "you have played 500 seasons on this game get a life" which is somewhat insulting and unnecessary. You then see to be insulted that someone else (Kingsley) made an "insulting" comment to a third party. Seems like double standards to me.

You then throw in comments alluding, I presume, to COVID which are completely irrelevant to a game as are the comments about what footballers are earning.

13. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Renitor For This Useful Post:

you could just let game play itself and now then stop and save it then carry on playing on its own again. also 500 seasons do you get out alot ,got a wife or girlfriend or even a life. i love football and man utd . but games playing pes 6 ,champ man 0102 or watching is a hobby. they dont care about you .pay your mortgage etc half the lots players dont even try in games. ie 6-1 v spurs still get 300.000 a week. might be my opinion but football does not control me .people are dying at the moment and they will not take a pay cut .people losing there jobs etc still earning there millions. still love playing football games and watching it but 500 season on a game might be over 3 years but how long each day playing it . get a life.
    in my area 24 people died yesterday ,im playing the game but its a game PISS ON YOUR CHIPS for record on a game what you can let play on its own is not very big to me. MY opinion only , sorry if that afends you. sorry to go off on one but if you get told off for your own feeling after making a comment on a site ,stuff it then. tell what was really wrong with my comment i said i watched and played sport and football (pc game included) but just said his comment to another person yet you said nothing to him over that PISS ON YOUR CHIPS comment on this page. thanks anyway have a good day and stay safe. my last comment because after one comment im told to shut up so i will . goodbye.
    I think you quoted the wrong person? Or got angry at the wrong person?

There's a lot of things that can be done, or known about this game that can make 500 seasons go by. That is what Kingsley said and is not making any excuses from. He's not being 'mean'; rather more helpful, detailing on the save system works. It seems you took one sentence and made your post, an unwarranted attack on people with no regard on what was really said.

15. The Following User Says Thank You to ZanSnake For This Useful Post:

Wtf wrong room!!!!

What is going on. The most boring thread on the forum and repeat chat box spamming suddenly got interesting. I had seen Tapani test about 3,000 years into the future also but hey ho. Donít fall out chaps.

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456