Thread: Game Crashing

Game Crashing

Hi all,

I hope you are keeping well in these challenging times.

I have been playing with the March 2020 data update and Nick's patcher. My initial save game got 14 seasons in before the players ages became messed up (negative ages, 0/1/2 years olds, etc) and the game started crashing because teams could not field enough players.

My second save got 8 seasons in before the same issue occurred and my most recent save has this happening after the first season. I reduced the matches stored and the size of the database from Maximum which has allowed me to continue but why is this happening?

I implemented a clean reinstall for the March 2020 update including fresh patches and have not attempted to run them since as I know the age issue has been because people were running the patcher multiple times so I think this is a storage issue maybe? My Windows tablet has 7gb of storage remaining so this does not seem to be the issue.

Any thoughts or direction would be much appreciated.

running a patcher multiple times for sure is a factor for the age issue

have you uninstalled game, deleted the CM folder in C drive, done your install again (with whatever update/patches) and then played a game and had this issue since?

If so, that sounds fishy

Quote Originally Posted by Redknapp69 View Post
    running a patcher multiple times for sure is a factor for the age issue

have you uninstalled game, deleted the CM folder in C drive, done your install again (with whatever update/patches) and then played a game and had this issue since?

If so, that sounds fishy
    I reinstalled the game, patches and data update when updating the game with the latest March 2020 data but not run any of the patchers since. So:

1. Clean install including game, patch, data and patcher updates.

2. Game 1, 14 seasons before the age issue appeared and the game crashed because a lack of available players.

3. Game 2, 8 seasons before the same issues occurred.

4. Game 3, 1 season before the issues occurred although reducing database and matches stored has allowed me to progress.

I'm not sure why the game is crashing earlier and earlier but the database reduction and matches stored reduction have allowed me to progress this time.

Anyone, any further ideas?

I'm now getting 'v3.9.68T match_man..cpp 1225' errors every couple of weeks but the game allows me to continue.

I've search the site and read through several threads for others who had the same issue, it looks like it throws this error when either: the editor has been used to modify stats (which I have not done) or teams do not have enough players to play their fixtures (which I have had before when I get 10 seasons in but usually this causes the game to crash).