Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Hennes Weisweiler: Part 2 - Borussia Mönchengladbach

1 up v Dussel as well and lost it late - GUTTED!

SMASHED Chelsea

Barca be tough over 2 legs

Dussel need to go some to lose it but GD could be key which you have the advantage of

Looks like Bayern dropped in this update as well?

The "old man" Haidara is modern day James Milner and showing the kids how's its done!

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Redknapp69 For This Useful Post:

Unfortunate run in the Bundesliga but all steam ahead in the Champions League! Good luck vs Barcelona.

With a bit of luck Dusseldorf stumble. Conceding that 87th minute goal to Dusseldorf could prove costly.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Renitor For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Redknapp69 View Post
    1 up v Dussel as well and lost it late - GUTTED!

SMASHED Chelsea

Barca be tough over 2 legs

Dussel need to go some to lose it but GD could be key which you have the advantage of

Looks like Bayern dropped in this update as well?

The "old man" Haidara is modern day James Milner and showing the kids how's its done!
    I'm well pleased with Haidara.

I think the standards of each of the top three have been really high this season.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Libertine For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Renitor View Post
    Unfortunate run in the Bundesliga but all steam ahead in the Champions League! Good luck vs Barcelona.

With a bit of luck Dusseldorf stumble. Conceding that 87th minute goal to Dusseldorf could prove costly.
    When that happened, my first thought was that their name is on this title.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Libertine For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Kingsley View Post
    Have to give the Dusseldorf defence huge praise. They have been phenomenal. As you say, theirs to lose now.
    2 cups would not be a bad season and you know you can do it.
    I'll be well pleased with 2 cups. Düsseldorf have been knocking on the door for a while. A couple of seasons ago they were runners up in the Bundesliga, and were beaten in the Champions League Final.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Libertine For This Useful Post:

May 2032

Results

Bundesliga

Viktoria Köln 1 Borussia Mönchengladbach 2

(532 Defensive, customised) (352 Attacking)

Goals (BM in bold, assisters in brackets)

Stankovic 14 (Tache)
    Rossi 38 (Haidara)
    Vieira 45

Man of the Match: Alex Saputo

Attendance 10486

Bernhard Stankovic came in for the injured Benedikt Langer, and justified his selection by heading us into a 14th minute lead. Facundo Rossi doubled our lead from an Amadou Haidara corner in the 38th minute, but Vitor Hugo Vieira pulled one back for Viktoria Köln on the stroke of half time.

We had dominated the first half, and the hosts had Soren Schulz to thank for keeping the score down.

The second half was much more even, and my old club seemed to have a lot of possession late on, but we defended well, with my back three winning 19 tackles and 8 headers between them.

Alex Saputo underlined his growing stature with another Man of the Match performance on the left of the back three, that saw him win 9 tackles, and 4 headers.

Düsseldorf won to remain 6 points clear with 3 games to go.

Champions League Semi Final 1st Leg

Barcelona 1 Borussia Mönchengladbach 0

(442)======(352 Attacking)

Goals

Moukoko 48

Man of the Match: Kevin Mokoena

Attendance 93757

This was a game of two halves. We started the game well, hit the woodwork twice in the opening 8 minutes, and on the balance of play, were the better side in the first half, and was unlucky not to have a lead at half time.

Barcelona started the second half well, and took the lead. In truth, we never looked like equalising after that, and struggled to keep Barcelona from extending their lead.

There's plenty to play for in the second leg, and I feel like we have a chance of beating them.

Kevin Mokoena came in for the knackered Alex Saputo, and put in a majestic performance on the left hand side of the back three, winning 12 tackles, 7 of which were key.

Bundesliga

Borussia Mönchengladbach 5 RB Leipzig 0

(4132)===================(451 customised)

Goals

Saputo 5
    Stankovic 18
    San Roman 21 (Mukenga)
    Carmona 74 (Lathouwers)
    Bosnjak 85 (Mukenga)

Man of the Match: Unai San Roman

Attendance 61973

I had four changes forced upon me for this game. Colin Medved, Facundo Rossi, and Brian Miranda were suspended, and Amadou Haidara had low condition. I also made an unforced change, and left out Thierry Tache.

I felt that 4132 was the best formation with the players available, and it worked a treat, securing an emphatic win over mid table RB Leipzig, which closes the gap on Düsseldorf to 3 points, whose game in hand is tomorrow against FC Bayern.

Champions League Semi Final 2nd Leg

As you can see, we reached the Champions League Final in dramatic fashion! I've never seen a penalty shoot out like it. We went first, and my emotions flip flopped between frustration and relief after each of the first 8 penalties.

I wouldn't normally change a winning team for Bundesliga or Champions League games unless there was injury, suspension, or low condition. I make exceptions though, and 'must win' Champions League Semi Finals are one of them. With the form that Amadou Haidara and Brian Miranda have shown this season, it would have been crackers to have not started with them, so despite providing 2 assists against RB Leipzig, Mukoko Mukenga had to make way for Haidara, and Leonel Benítez had to make way for Miranda.

We dominated the first half, and when Unai San Roman was brought down in the box by the Barcelona keeper, a penalty was awarded, and a red card shown. Miranda made no mistake from the spot, to give us a lead, and level the aggregate score.

We threw everything at them in the second half, but just couldn't find that second goal. It went to extra time, and substitute Thierry Tache had a great chance to score, but missed his opportunity.

The penalty shoot out prevailed, and once again, Brian Miranda was the man who made the difference.

Liverpool beat Düsseldorf 3-0 in the 2nd Leg of the other Semi Final, to go through 3-0 on aggregate, and set up a repeat of the 1977 European Cup Final.

Bundesliga

St. Pauli 1 Borussia Mönchengladbach 2

(451 customised) (532 Attacking)

Goals (BM in bold, assisters in brackets)

Benítez 8 (Tache)
    Tache 45 (Mukenga)
    Glatzel 75

Man of the Match: Thierry Tache

Attendance 32092

With this game coming just three days after playing 120 minutes against Barcelona, I was forced to make 6 changes due to injury and low condition.

It's a testament to the depth of this squad, that returning players were able to come in, do a job, and get us the three points.

Leonel Benítez got on the end of a ball from Thierry Tache - playing behind the front two - to give us an early lead. Tache then got on the end of a ball into the box from Mukoko Mukenga, to head us into a 2-0 lead just before half time.

We lost a bit of intensity in the second half, and I had a nervous last 15 minutes or so when the hosts pulled one back, but we managed to see out a win with every outfield player aged 21 or under.

Meanwhile, Düsseldorf drew their previous game with Bayern, to move 4 points clear of us, meaning they can wrap up the title if they beat Schalke tomorrow.

Bundesliga

Borussia Mönchengladbach 1 Freiburg 0

(451)====================(343)

Goals (Assisters in brackets)

Jedynak 39 (Lathouwers)

Man of the Match: Niels Lathouwers

Attendance 63140

Düsseldorf beat Schalke to clinch the Bundesliga title with a game to spare, so I put out a team of fringe players for this game, that had an average age of 19.

We were the better side in the first half, and had a deserved lead at half time, when Jan Jedynak scored his first goal of the season.

The second half was a bit scrappy, and we had to rely on Elia Saporetti to make a fine double save early in the second half, but we finished up as worthy winners.

Final League Table

Congratulations to Düsseldorf who are extremely worthy winners of the 2032 Bundesliga. They will be delighted after finishing as runners up in 2029 and 2030. Beating us at home and away proved to be crucial to their success.

I'll do a more detailed analysis of our season after the DFB Pokal Final, but take a look at the image below.

Compared to our title winning season last year, this season we've won more games, scored more goals, conceded less goals, and won more points. I think that this shows how great Düsseldorf's achievement is. Even Bayern in 3rd place picked up more points this season than they have in some of their title winning seasons.

Congratulations also to my former club Viktoria Köln for achieving their highest ever 4th place finish. My successor Alessandro Florenzi has added experience to the young squad that I left him with, and appears to be slowly turning them into title contenders.

Forthcoming Fixtures

Two huge games coming up. I'll do a special update after each game, like I did when Viktoria Köln reached two finals.

I said in a previous update that I think that ourselves and Liverpool will meet again in the near future. I didn't expect it to be so soon. Borussia Mönchengladbach have only reached one other European Cup Final in their history, and that was also against Liverpool 55 years ago (43 years in real life at the time of writing). Mönchengladbach lost that game. The two clubs also met in the 1973 UEFA Cup Final, which Liverpool also won, so we'll be looking to avenge those defeats.

We beat Liverpool in December, when we met in the 2nd phase, then drew 1-1 at Anfield with an under strength XI, so I believe we have a great chance of success. However, we won't be underestimating a team that beat Düsseldorf 3-0 in the semi final, and have comfortably retained the Premier League title.

I think that we are clear favourites to beat FC Köln in the DFB Pokal, though we lost 0-1 at their place at the start of the season. We beat them 3-0 at home.

Whatever the outcome is of these games, I think we've proved that we can compete on all fronts, though I'll be gutted if we don't have at least one piece of silverware to take back to the Stadion im Borussia-Park.
    Last edited by Libertine; 25-11-20 at 09:44 AM.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Libertine For This Useful Post:

Mahoosive update

Couldn't do much more in the league - fai play to Dussel

Wahahhhahahahahahahahahahah -what a hilarious pen shootout - I bet you were indeed FUMING!

I was worried after the first leg but fair play for getting through

Very successful season - well - would be a killer if no trophy so for sure need to bag one of them!

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Redknapp69 For This Useful Post:

one down, 2 to go.
    Dusseldorf did brilliant to lose just 2 all season
    Amazing penalties
    The artist formally known as The Eejit

16. The Following User Says Thank You to Kingsley For This Useful Post:

Champions League Final 2032 Update

Just like in 1977, Liverpool took the lead, Borussia Mönchengladbach equalised, then Liverpool scored twice to win the game 3-1.

Due to a glitch in the game, both sides had players missing, due to international call-ups for the forthcoming European Championships. As a result, we were without experienced goalkeeper Alban Lafont.

We started the game well, and the Liverpool keeper did well to keep us at bay. As the first half wore on, our opponents got more into the game, and took the lead.

We started the second half well, and Bernhard Stankovic headed in Brian Miranda's cross, to level the scoreline.

We seemed to run out of steam, so I brought on Colin Medved for Jim Whelan, and switched to the 352 formation. I then brought on Josh Sargent for Bernhard Stankovic with just 6 minutes of normal time remaining.

We put Liverpool under considerable pressure for the remainder of normal time, but once again, their keeper was outstanding.

We went into extra time, and continued piling on the pressure, but just couldn't find a way past Rok Kavcic.

Eventually Liverpool started to get on top, and made their chances count, with two goals in five minutes.

There was no way back for us, and we have to suffer the bitter taste of a Champions League Final defeat.

As you can see from the images above, this was a harsh defeat. We were wasteful in front of goal, with Brian Miranda and Marcos Vera particularly culpable, but how often do you come up against a 10 out of 10 Man of the Match performance from the opposition goalkeeper?

As a unit, and individually, we didn't defend well, and ultimately this cost us. In the short term, we need to pick ourselves up for the DFB Pokal Final in four days time, and in the longer term, use this disappointment to drive us to win the Champions League one day.
    Last edited by Libertine; 25-11-20 at 09:45 AM.

18. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Libertine For This Useful Post:

Uppa Reds!

Deffo need to win the cup final now - will be trophyless otherwise?

Not an ideal game to get superkeepered

How's the fitness looking for the team give you just had ET?!

When is the cup final?

Might you lose more players to the Euros before its played? Very annoying that losing Lafont may have cost you the cup.

Uppa Reds!

Deffo need to win the cup final now - will be trophyless otherwise?

Not an ideal game to get superkeepered

How's the fitness looking for the team give you just had ET?!
    When is the cup final?

Might you lose more players to the Euros before its played? Very annoying that losing Lafont may have cost you the cup.
    The cup final is four days after the Champions League Final, fitness wise, most players are okay surprisingly, and thankfully no more players have been called up for international duty.

Update to follow....

22. The Following User Says Thank You to Libertine For This Useful Post:

DFB Pokal Final 2032 Update

A stunning first half display saw us smash 5 goals past FC Köln to set us on our way to rounding off the season with some silverware.

I made three changes after the Liverpool defeat, and switched to the familiar 352 formation that I tend to favour.

The lads put recent disappointments behind them, and responded in blistering fashion.

5 minutes
    : Unai San Roman headed Amadou Haidara's corner into the path of Igor Bosnjak, who smashed us into a 1-0 lead.

12 minutes
    : Facundo Rossi brought the ball out from defence, kept going, then sent a far post cross to San Roman, who headed us into a 2-0 lead.

25 minutes: San Roman involved again, and found Haidara's run into the area. The Malian international showed some fancy footwork, and kept his composure to make it 3-0.

29 minutes: Bernhard Stankovic received the ball from a throw in, turned nicely, took the ball into the area, then put in a cross for Brian Miranda to head us into a 4-0 lead.

32 minutes: Haidara received the ball from Miranda's knockdown, swivelled, then sent a cross to the far post for Stijn Lokando to head us into an incredible 5-0 lead.

At this point, it became an exercise in damage limitation for FC Köln, who contained us for the remainder of the game.

After the season we've had, it would've been incredibly disappointing to have finished 2nd in every competition, so I'm delighted that we've been able to win the DFB Pokal, in such emphatic style. It's nice to finish the season on a high.

This achievement means that I now have to win two more Bundesligas and a European trophy to allow myself to apply for the Barcelona job when it comes up.
    Last edited by Libertine; 25-11-20 at 09:46 AM.

24. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Libertine For This Useful Post:

Congratulations - great season, almost and unbelievable season. The Treble may come

26. The Following User Says Thank You to Renitor For This Useful Post:

Wahahahaha - battered them - looks like their keeper maybe didn't have best game though!

Great you bagged a trophy - VERY much deserved!

All out attack on the league next season then!

28. The Following User Says Thank You to Redknapp69 For This Useful Post:

Summary of the 2031/32 Season

Summary of Season

If you'd have told me at the start of the season that we'd finish as runners up in both the Bundesliga and the Champions League, and win the DFB Pokal, I think I would have took it. We bettered our points total in the Bundesliga, and only failed to win it because Düsseldorf were just so good. We showed that we can compete with the big boys in Europe, and I believe that eventually, maybe even next season, we can win the Champions League. If this was a normal save, the DFB Pokal might feel like a bit of a consolation prize, as clearly it's not as prestigious as a Bundesliga title or the Champions League trophy, but in terms of this challenge, I'm glad to have ticked that one off.

Key Players

Alban Lafont

Alban has been important for us this season. As vice captain, he's taken the armband on plenty of occasions this season, with Josh Sargent falling out of favour. He's had the odd game here and there where he's cost us goals, but the fact that he has the highest average rating for a keeper in the Bundesliga speaks for itself.

I think that we missed him in the Champions League Final, but I'm not making excuses. Liverpool also had players on international duty.

Facundo Rossi

I think that Facundo has shown an excellent level of consistency for someone so young, having played so many games. He's been excellent at the heart of the back three, and I wouldn't be surprised if his intrinsic value for Positioning is much higher than the one shown.

There is a clear improvement on last season, and hopefully he'll maintain this upward trajectory.

Amadou Haidara

What you can see above is that Amadou has massively raised his game this season. As top assist provider, and one of the top tackling midfielders, he has proved to be one of the most consistent performers in the Bundesliga.

What has also impressed me is the consistency he's also shown in the Champions League. He might not be our best player, but I think that he's possible been our most important player this season, and certainly the most consistent.

Brian Miranda

Brian is the best player at the club, is probably the best player in the Bundesliga, and is becoming one of the best players in the world. He's top scorer in the Bundesliga for the second year running, and has benefitted from shifting from the right of a front three, to becoming part of a strike duo. As a central striker he started 15 Bundesliga games, scored 14 goals, and provided 1 assist.

He often does the business on the big occasion, and has made a habit of scoring free kicks against FC Bayern. However, he hasn't been prolific in his first season playing Champions League football, and missed chances in the final.

I'll be surprised if he doesn't retain the Fan's Player of the Season award.

Young Players

Quite a few of the young players have made important contributions this season, albeit over a smaller number of games. Moritz Schmitz has been excellent down the left, whether it be as a full back, wingback, or wide midfielder. In 29 starts in all competitions, he scored 6 goals, provided 8 assists, was Man of the Match 7 times, and averaged 4 tackles per game.

Central defender Colin Medved started 39 games in all competitions, averaging 3.5 tackles per game. Fellow central defender Kevin Mokoena started 31 games in all competitions, averaging 4.4 tackles per game, and captained the side in the cup finals. Another central defender, Alex Saputo averaged 3.8 tackles per game from 19 starts in all competitions, and a fourth central defender, Ljupco Stojanov averaged 4 tackles per game from 19 starts in all competitions.

Igor Bosnjak proved to be a good all round midfielder, and had an average rating of 7.47 in 33 games in all competitions. Marcos Vera started 26 games in all competitions as either a wingback or wide midfielder. He scored 5 goals, provided 7 assists, and had an average rating of 7.57. Stijn Lokando started 18 games in all competitions on the left as either a wingback or wide midfielder, scored 4 goals, and provided 5 assists, and striker Bernhard Stankovic started 18 games in all competitions, scoring 14 goals, providing 3 assists, and was Man of the Match 5 times.

Hopefully these young players, and others not mentioned, will go from strength to strength.

Next Season

I'm not planning much recruitment this summer. I say that most seasons though, and normally end up signing 10 players! There is a central defender at Torino that I'm going to try to get, but other than that, I'll be interested to see if anyone comes through the academy, or whether my scouts can unearth any gems.

I want the Bundesliga title back, and I want us to go one better in the Champions League. Both would be great, but I'll be happy with either of those trophies.

Next Update

This will probably be sometime in July. I'll provide details of financial performance, and other bits and pieces.
    Last edited by Libertine; 25-11-20 at 09:47 AM.

30. The Following User Says Thank You to Libertine For This Useful Post:

Such good performances

Haidara first team next year? Harsh if he isn't but can understand as well

Messi regen is awesome

All happy faces in the squad? Nobody moaning?

Such good performances

Haidara first team next year? Harsh if he isn't but can understand as well

Messi regen is awesome

All happy faces in the squad? Nobody moaning?
    Haidara will start next season in the side, and if he continues to perform well, he'll keep his place.

There's a few players that are struggling to adapt to the German lifestyle, but I'd expect that when I'm casting my net worldwide.

No-one is complaining about lack of first team opportunities, which again I'd expect with such a young squad.

No-one is 'dismayed by the lack of harmony' so things are pretty settled really.

33. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Libertine For This Useful Post:

June 2032

Awards

I was particularly pleased to see Moritz Schmitz get some recognition. I'm hoping I'll see similar consistency over a greater number of games next season.

Attendances

Glad to see attendances on the rise. I guess success and plenty of goals helps. I've asked for an increase, but the board have rejected this. Our capacity is 74522, so this seems fair enough.

Finances

Being in the Champions League has been a boost to our finances. Taking transfer activity out of the equation, we received almost £412M in income compared to £338M last season. Prize money was up from £67M to £109M, and Merch was up from £61M to £66M.

Again, taking transfer activity out of the equation, we paid out almost £243M. Wages, bonuses and signing on fees, were down to £117M from £153M. The transfer deficit was down to £85M from the previous year's £163M. We paid out just under 30% of our income in wages, whereas last season it was just under 50%, so we're a lot more profitable.

Expectations

The board expect us to mount a serious title challenge. This seems reasonable, and I hope that we can regain the trophy that we won in my first season with this club.
    Last edited by Libertine; 25-11-20 at 09:48 AM.

35. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Libertine For This Useful Post:

The club is looking in a very healthy place and hopefully you can push forward on all fronts and reclaim the Bundesliga.

Thinking ahead to Barcelona, what's your world reputation now? I would think a Champions League win and a couple of Bundesligas would put you well in the frame. Although you might need to wait for the Barcelona manager to retire as they don't seem to sack their manager often in CM.

Can understand why board blocked extension when 13k short

Have you ever sold out for a game?

Well deserved awards and finances look great

Who is the Barca manager at the mo? Have you played them yet?

The club is looking in a very healthy place and hopefully you can push forward on all fronts and reclaim the Bundesliga.

Thinking ahead to Barcelona, what's your world reputation now? I would think a Champions League win and a couple of Bundesligas would put you well in the frame. Although you might need to wait for the Barcelona manager to retire as they don't seem to sack their manager often in CM.
    I'm number 1 in Germany, and number 17 in the world (Superb). I think you're right. Two more Bundesligas and the Champions League would probably take me to number 1 in the world.

Ernesto Valverde lasted at Barcelona until he retired in 2028, so you're probably right about having to wait too.

Can understand why board blocked extension when 13k short

Have you ever sold out for a game?

Well deserved awards and finances look great

Who is the Barca manager at the mo? Have you played them yet?
    I had 74511 for the FC Köln game last season, which is just 11 short of capacity.

The Barcelona manager is Sergey Semak who is 56. He took over from Ernesto Valverde 4 years ago. Barcelona have won the last 3 La Ligas, won the Champions League under him in 2029, and were finalists in 2031. If he avoids the sack, my guess is that I'll have to wait 6-8 years before the job comes up.

39. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Libertine For This Useful Post:

July 2032

Players Out

There were seven departures this summer. A couple of youngsters that I'd inherited left at the end of their contracts. I released Junior Firpo and Florian Neuhaus (both 35) at the end of their contracts. Experienced central defender Harold Moukoudi retired, and I sold young Portuguese midfielder Rodrigo Coimbra for £24.5M to Lazio. A year ago I paid £17M to Vitoria de Guimarães for his services, but he struggled to settle, so when Lazio came in with a surprise offer, I accepted.

The big departure was captain Josh Sargent. Bernhard Stankovic did well last season, and Benedikt Langer and Jan Jedynak arrived in January, so I decided to cash in on the 32 year old American striker. He was fantastic in our title winning season, and started last season well, but faded during the second half of the season. Mid table La Liga side Valldolid made the best offer, which was £26.5M over 12 months, so I wish him the best of luck in this new chapter of his life, and am glad he won't be lining up against us next season.

Players In

I arranged the deal to sign Thomas Montgomery last December. He arrives from Man City on a Bosman. His Positioning attribute was only 16 when I did the deal, so I'm glad to see that it has rapidly improved in a short space of time.

Another young central defender. I paid £4M to Slavia Prag for Daniel Koubek. His jumping ability suggests that he can do a job at the heart of the back three.

I paid £14M to Albacete for Roberto Toril. He had been heralded by the media as an exciting prospect, so I sent one of my scouts to have a look at him. He agrees that the young Spaniard is a prospect, so I went for him. He looks a decent all rounder, so hopefully he'll live up to expectations.

Finally Johannes Schubert. Like Roberto Toril, the young German had been heralded by the media as an exciting prospect, which my scouts agreed with. I paid £6.75M to 2.Bundesliga side Greuther Fürth. I like his flair and physicality. His Positioning will need to improve if I'm going to play him as a central defender, but he could do a job as a DMC. He had an average rating of 7.57 last season, playing as a right back, so if I use a back four he's an option there, but I reckon his best position could be as a right wingback. I think that it's important to have a strong German contingent at the club.

I'm close to doing a deal for a mind blowing young centre back, and there's a midfielder that I'm bidding for. I'll provide details in the August update.

Next Season

I have a 41 man squad. Only 6 of them are over the age of 21. The rest were all signed by me, so this is very much my squad now. I think that we have a great chance of regaining the Bundesliga title. Champions Düsseldorf have lost their manager, Guillermo Barros Schelotto to Napoli. He's been replaced by Zinedine Zidane, who was at Juventus, and has previously managed Borussia Mönchengladbach. They've also sold one of their best players to Barcelona, so they'll have a job retaining the title. Bayern are always in the running, and my old club Viktoria Köln, who finished 4th last season, have splashed out £66M this summer, so I reckon they could challenge strongly this season.

Forthcoming Fixtures

We start with a home game against FC Köln, who finished 8th in each of the last two seasons. I'll probably make 11 changes for the DFL-Supercup, to stave off exhaustion, which has already surfaced in Marcos Vera, who has been on Copa America duty with Paraguay.

Now that I've ticked off winning the DFB Pokal, I will use the competition to try out fringe players, and maybe different formations. I'd still like to win it of course, but it will be for the thrill, rather than through necessity.
    Last edited by Libertine; 25-11-20 at 09:49 AM.

41. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Libertine For This Useful Post:

Can;t see any of the "big" teams in first lot of fixtures so a good chance to pile on the points

Wonder how ZZ will do at Dussel

Decent youngsters brought in

41 players - wow - that's some going!

Best wioshes to "The Sarge" - put in a helluva service for you

43. The Following User Says Thank You to Redknapp69 For This Useful Post:

Can;t see any of the "big" teams in first lot of fixtures so a good chance to pile on the points

Wonder how ZZ will do at Dussel

Decent youngsters brought in

41 players - wow - that's some going!

Best wioshes to "The Sarge" - put in a helluva service for you
    In this save Zinedine Zidane hasn't done much. All he won at Real Madrid was one Copa Del Rey. At Borussia Mönchengladbach he signed Gianluca Mancini, Harold Moukoudi, and Josh Sargent, and managed a top 5 finish. He had another top 5 finish with Real Sociedad, then went to Juventus, were he finished 8th and 10th.

There is certainly depth in the squad. A good job too at the moment, as I am having to deal with injuries, exhaustion, and players at the Olympic Games. What should happen over the next few years is that approximately 22 players will emerge as the ones that I can rely on, and as the rest reach their mid twenties, they will become unhappy about lack of first team opportunities. I will then transfer list them, and hopefully make a profit, then sign the next batch of youngsters, who will either break through or be sold.

I'll keep an eye on how 'The Sarge' gets on.

45. The Following User Says Thank You to Libertine For This Useful Post:

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast