Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456

Thread: Hennes Weisweiler: Part 2 - Borussia Mönchengladbach

August 2032

Transfer News

I did just one more bit of business before the transfer window closed, bringing in this lad from Tottenham for £30M, which could rise to £32M if he makes 50 league appearances.

I've had my eye on Callum since my Viktoria Köln days. I like his physicality, along with his Aggression. These are traits that the real Hennes Weisweiler looked for in a player. He looks like a skilful all rounder, that could have a fantastic career in front of him.

I mentioned in the previous update that I was close to signing a mind blowing centre back. Take a look below.

See what I mean?

Sadly this deal didn't happen. CM Scout found me this player a year ago. I tried to sign Luca then, but Torino wouldn't accept any offers. They then sent him on loan to Serie C1/A side SPAL, where he helped them win the league. He was also named as Serie C1/A Player of the Year, and signed a new 4 year contract with his parent club.

I wondered if signing a new contract would mean that the player would no longer be interested in signing for us, and that Torino would remain unwilling to sell, so imagine my delight when the Italians accepted an offer of £47M plus a further £28.5M after 50 league appearances. Contract negotiations with the player were smooth, and the deal was all set to go through, but my board vetoed it, as they felt that the offer was unrealistic.

I lowered the initial layout to £33M, increasing the add on to £42.5M, which Torino were happy with, but my board vetoed it once again. By chance I read on Facebook that offering 'Indispensable to the club' status would push deals through when this happens, but that didn't work either.

I'll try again in January. His value was just £8.25M. He's started the first game of the new season for Torino in Serie A, so if he remains in the side, his value should go up. The problem then of course is that he might not want to leave, or what is more likely is that Torino will want more money, which my board won't be willing to pay. If that happens, I will ask for extra transfer funds, but I might have to accept that this might be a player that I miss out on.

I'll have to be philosophical about this. In real life, Alex Ferguson missed out on Paul Gascoigne and Alan Shearer. Man Utd are a bigger club than Borussia Mönchengladbach, so realistically, I'm not going to be able to sign every player that I want. This is good, as the game would be too easy, but I'm still disappointed though.

Results

Bundesliga

Borussia Mönchengladbach 2 FC Köln 0

Goals (Assisters in brackets)

Stankovic 20 (Bosnjak)
    Haidara 82 (Lokando)

Man of the Match: Igor Bosnjak

Attendance 74493

A comfortable win over FC Köln, who we'd previously thrashed 5-0 in the DFB Pokal Final. We had 58% possession, and 17 shots (12 on target) at goal, to their 1.

DFL-Supercup

Borussia Mönchengladbach 0 Düsseldorf 1

(352)====================(4132)

Goals

Arp 82

Attendance 74639

I made 11 changes for this game, and gave debuts to Daniel Koubek, Thomas Montgomery, and Roberto Toril.

Düsseldorf were the better side in the first half, and we had David Kovac to thank for keeping them at bay. The second half was closer, but Düsseldorf got the only goal of the game, to give them on balance, a deserved win.

Bundesliga

Hannover 96 0 Borussia Mönchengladbach 2

(532 Attacking) (352 Attacking)

Tache 25 (Lokando)
    San Roman 31 (Haidara)

Man of the Match: Thierry Tache

Attendance 54270

I made 10 changes to the side after the Düsseldorf defeat, and we dominated this game against newly promoted Hannover 96, from start to finish.

Thierry Tache had already hit the woodwork twice, before he swept us into the lead in the 25th minute following Stijn Lokando's cross from the left, then 6 minutes later, Unai San Roman headed in Amadou Haidara's corner, to double our lead.

We finished up having had 17 shots (11 on target) at goal, to their 2 shots, and the hosts had their keeper to thank for keeping the score down.

Tache was brilliant behind the front two. No player made more passes than him. He won 8 headers, had 7 shots at goal, and made 3 successful dribbles.

DFB Pokal 1st Round

Mannheim 0 Borussia Mönchengladbach 1
    (442)======(442 Attacking)

Lathouwers (pen) 30 (Moreno)

Sent Off

Albrecht (Mannheim) 29

Man of the Match: Miguel Moreno

Attendance 16320

I made 11 changes for this game against 3.Liga South side Mannheim, and gave a debut to Callum Osborn. We dominated the game, having 14 shots at goal, without reply.

Right midfielder Miguel Moreno was brought down by the Mannheim keeper, which resulted in a penalty and a red card.

We could have scored a lot more, but the host's keepers made good saves throughout the game, and with just 6 shots on target, we were quite wasteful. We never looked troubled though.

Champions League Draw

We should win this group. Arsenal finished 4th in the Premier League last season, and have only reached the second phase once in this save. Dynamo Kyiv have also only reached the second phase once in this save, and Sint-Truiden have been champions of Belgium in each of the last two seasons, but have never gone beyond the first phase.

Forthcoming Fixtures

Hopefully we can build on our good start, with a win at mid table Freiburg, and get ourselves to the top of the table ASAP.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Libertine For This Useful Post:

Osborn looks excellenyt and that defender

Might be one to keep plugging away at

Favourable CL group

Mannheim game was mad - 10 men and they still could have done a smash and grab equaliser!

Great League start!

Shame the trophy cabinet was added as ZZ gets one over you early doors

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Redknapp69 For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Redknapp69 View Post
    Osborn looks excellenyt and that defender

Might be one to keep plugging away at

Favourable CL group

Mannheim game was mad - 10 men and they still could have done a smash and grab equaliser!

Great League start!

Shame the trophy cabinet was added as ZZ gets one over you early doors
    I've arranged a deal to sign that defender for January 1st. What I'm hoping is that he plays regularly for Torino between now and then, so that his automated value increases to a point where it won't seem like I'm paying too much. I guess this has a lot to do with the value given for his reputation, which is probably low at the moment, but should rise with Serie A games under his belt.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Libertine For This Useful Post:

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456