Thread: Counter-Attack

Counter-Attack

Hello guys

I make this post to open a poll among you.
    Who would like a patch to be implemented in the game that allows Counter-Attack to be more effective?
    My dream at CM 01 02 is to win a Counter-Attack championship (Real Madrid Mourinho 120 goals).
    I don't understand anything about programming, I would also like to know an opinion from the experts to understand if this is feasible and, above all, if there is complexity in creating the aforementioned patch.
    The thread is open to all, I'm looking forward to your opinion.
    Last edited by Desp; 04-09-20 at 04:03 PM.

Real Madrid had a better possession percentage than all but two teams from Spain, Italy, Germany, England and France that season. While they were undoubtedly effective on fast breaks, they could hardly be called a counter-attacking team.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Alan For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Alan View Post
    Real Madrid had a better possession percentage than all but two teams from Spain, Italy, Germany, England and France that season. While they were undoubtedly effective on fast breaks, they could hardly be called a counter-attacking team.
    Alan, that was just one example. It is true what you say, but they have scored many goals on the counterattack. Although the "possession" of the ball.

An opinion on the topic CM0102-Counter?

Well I suppose if we play a tactic that has short passing, attacking mentaily, pressing off and counter attack we may get somewhere near.
    But then you want direct/mixed passing when countering, (against the short passing for the possession game).

To opine myself, I believe the CM version of counter attack is intended for weaker teams playing more defensively. Intention: to nick a goal.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Alan For This Useful Post:

Just a thought; don't focus on the 'counter attack' yes/no option - you can quite easily create a tactic that is 'counter attacking' in nature by having your players behind the ball when out of possession and ahead of the ball when in possession. It wouldn't surprise me if some of the best tactics do this already.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to John Locke For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by John Locke View Post
    Just a thought; don't focus on the 'counter attack' yes/no option - you can quite easily create a tactic that is 'counter attacking' in nature by having your players behind the ball when out of possession and ahead of the ball when in possession. It wouldn't surprise me if some of the best tactics do this already.
    True, but think how many new tactics could be created with an activated counterattack

New positions, Wib Wob more defensive and conceding fewer goals. The counterattack option will allow us to have the right balance and score at the same time

It would open up a world of new tactics to create ...

Quote Originally Posted by Alan View Post
    Well I suppose if we play a tactic that has short passing, attacking mentaily, pressing off and counter attack we may get somewhere near.
    But then you want direct/mixed passing when countering, (against the short passing for the possession game).

To opine myself, I believe the CM version of counter attack is intended for weaker teams playing more defensively. Intention: to nick a goal.
    Exactly like you said, I agree.
    The best thing is that the counterattack is also used for the strongest teams, who do not want to make possession of the ball with short passes

Moreover, finally, the "Long" passages could see the light.

Right now it very difficult make patch for this.
    I don't think that programmers play this game all day, pay attention how goals scored, how many passing amounts of players etc...

so who will do this?

I agree with Alan, it is difficult to call Real Madrid 120goals - counter-attacking team, they had fast breaks like in basketball.
    Today PSG have fast-breaks sometime, Silva-Marquinhos-Mbappe - goal with 3-4 passes.

Under this text-based game - we oftenly dream.

I think using long-balls permanently it is not counter-attack. Long ball means punch attack like boxer, rush attack and thump, which needs tall striker.
    With usege of constant long-balls in your team, you let your opponent to counter attack to you.

Counter-attacking is sneaky and insidious thing. Patient, man behind ball, waiting the right time when opponent have emty spaces during they attack.

Greetings.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to scemoka For This Useful Post: