Thread: basic wage issue

basic wage issue

Hi,

Just wondering if anyone came across the same issue.
    After playing 18 seasons with the same team in polish first division I have built really strong team and with selling my best players for all those years I have got to the point I have over 1billion transfer money available, my finances are all healthy and I was able to offer wages in region 50k per week. Suddenly when tried to renegotiate contract with one of my players I have noticed that I can now only offer 5k per week, checked with several players and it's the same, when trying to buy new players it's even less - 2.5k!
    I still have all transfer money available (1.6b) and the problem is that most of my first team players got wages in region of 10-30k which means I am not able to negotiate any contract renewals.
    I have initially thought it's only short time bug but after few months in my career this hasn't change.
    Tried everything - "go on holiday" option, retiring and creating new manager that takes over... still same.
    Has anyone come across similar/same issue? Any suggestions how this can be resolved?
    I really don't want to lose my career, but if this continues I will lose all my best players and will struggle to appoint new ones with the basic wage I can offer at the moment.
    Thanks in advance for any advice.

I would edit club in GK save editor. Highest wage allowed.

Hi,

Was going to follow your advice but for some reason GK save editor is crashing when trying to update changes... (run-time error 6: overflow)
    Any idea why I receive this error?

Thanks again.

Quote Originally Posted by jarssonn View Post
    Hi,

Was going to follow your advice but for some reason GK save editor is crashing when trying to update changes... (run-time error 6: overflow)
    Any idea why I receive this error?

Thanks again.

Here
    Quote Originally Posted by scemoka View Post
    Hi mates,
    For editing finances at GK. Save Game Editor v4
    You must select anyday you want - at Home Match Day Box
    Don't left that box empty! Otherwise you'll get overflow error!
    I prefer not-set, becuse in my own database - all home match days of all clubs removed via pre-game editor. (clean )

Have fun

Thanks this got me going initially however after few "virtual" days it's back to same level... do I have to keep changing it every time I want to negotiate contract???
    To answer your potential question... yes I have updated and saved the changes after "Highest Wage Allowed" modification, started the game, was able to offer contract extensions to my current team, then when I have tried buying new player, max wage was again 2.5k. I have saved the game, went to editor and changed it again, back to the game, able to offer new player sufficient wage, agree the deal. Few "virtual" days after back again to same level...
    Not sure what's going on...

Maybe try reducing your bank balance in an editor to see if that would help in some way?

Club reputation plays key role to. Higher reputation means higher wages.
    In some save files - highest wage allowed and current max wage box - is just dashboard, which only shows info.
    Try to set higher wages to 2-3 players and coaches manually at save game editor. Don't forget to click ''update contract'' button.
    I think it helps.
    👍

Just a thought, is it possible the game is simulating a board / chairman limiting wages because of the amount of money you are losing (because it's not clever enough to take into account future player sales etc.)?

They'll not increase the budgets much if the prize money and tv money are really low as it's factored into how much budget to allow per season. If you can edit these values the budgets allowed will be a lot higher.

Thanks for your input guys.

@Scemoka - club reputation is very high. I have several players with wage above 30k per week.
    @John Locke - in fact the Income is almost 3 times expenditure most of the months so I don't think this is the factor
    @Dermotron - where in GK save editor can you edit prize money and tv money? or do you mean editing those in game editor but this mean I can't edit those for current save file.

It all seems odd because for the last 15-16 seasons max weekly wage I could offer was in region of 25-40k.
    Obviously at start of the game this was much lower but has increased as I started making money from transfers, ticket revenues raised (stadium expansion)...
    Club status is constantly "rich" and finances are extremely healthy so I can't understand why the board would suddenly start to limit highest wage allowed.
    I have tried various concepts but still the change is just "short term" and the amount is going down after few "virtual days",

Hey, jarssonn! Can you upload this screeenshots from your save?

Spoiler!

Maybe it's a bug, like you've already tried all the options...