Thread: March 2020 Update 4-5-1 default tactic

March 2020 Update 4-5-1 default tactic

Hi guys,

I play CM 01-02 almost it is released and try to update every season from here and keep enjoying.

Anyway during the pandemic I have started to play with March 2020 update. I choose Barcelona and use my own 4-3-3 tactic (attacking, short passing, pressing normal, offside trap) and winning the league easily and three times UCL in 8 years.without making any transfer. After this period almost every team have begun to use 4-5-1 default very simila to 4-1-4-1 Tapani (Attacking or Normal or Defensive it does not matter, short or direct passing, hard pressing) and it became impossible for me to dominate the games. Low scoring matches, shots on target decreased etc. I have tried a few tactics but it does not work.

Any suggestions? I'm sick of it and do not want to start from beginning every time with another team.

Thanks,

Eren

It happens after some years. Change your formation for one that you know will give good results, like IodineCF. After 2 or 3 months, return to your original formation, the team will probably win again.

There's a few in game tactics that the majority of teams use. The above 451 mentioned, which seems to be used by the weaker teams to great effect, the overpowered 433 that seems to be the most popular and the 352 which also seems to be used a lot
    What formations have people found to be the best against each of these?

I use a 343 against the 451 and have decent results, tend to win but not by a huge margin

Looking through previous threads a flat back 5 or the 4141 that you mentioned appear to be strong against the 433

Quote Originally Posted by erenic View Post
    Hi guys,

I play CM 01-02 almost it is released and try to update every season from here and keep enjoying.

Anyway during the pandemic I have started to play with March 2020 update. I choose Barcelona and use my own 4-3-3 tactic (attacking, short passing, pressing normal, offside trap) and winning the league easily and three times UCL in 8 years.without making any transfer. After this period almost every team have begun to use 4-5-1 default very simila to 4-1-4-1 Tapani (Attacking or Normal or Defensive it does not matter, short or direct passing, hard pressing) and it became impossible for me to dominate the games. Low scoring matches, shots on target decreased etc. I have tried a few tactics but it does not work.

Any suggestions? I'm sick of it and do not want to start from beginning every time with another team.

Thanks,

Eren
    There's two options. Either put your defenders on direct passing, as I wouldn't mind betting that your defenders are just passing to each other. Alternatively, and in my experience, more effectively, switch to a different formation. When I've done this, I've seen an immediate upturn in results. After a while, the same thing will happen with the new formation, but then you can switch back to the previous one.