Thread: Patch advice - which one(s)!?

Patch advice - which one(s)!?

Holy Santa Claus shit, there are some amazing people on here who have done some incredible-looking work with patches. It's like Christmas. I've read through some threads and my head is spinning a bit.

I have re-downloaded CM01/02 to play the 89/90, 98/99 and Luessenhoff databases. Which patch(s) would people recommend using with thess databases? Tapani? Saturn? Nick's? Which versions? I wasn't sure whether Tapani's and Saturn were better suited to modern databases. Can the 3rd party patches be applied to retro databases and files after the files and .exes have been downoaded and have started to be used?

Thanks in advance.

I answered on the other thread you posted

If using last update (March 2020) then Saturn V9 is compatabile with that

You could use Tapani patches but a few years old now

I'd suggest using Nick's patcher and you can pick and choose what you want and should be able to use it on any data update - https://champman0102.co.uk/showthread.php?t=11661

Quote Originally Posted by Redknapp69 View Post
    I answered on the other thread you posted

If using last update (March 2020) then Saturn V9 is compatabile with that

You could use Tapani patches but a few years old now

I'd suggest using Nick's patcher and you can pick and choose what you want and should be able to use it on any data update - https://champman0102.co.uk/showthread.php?t=11661
    Brilliant, thank you. I'll go to Nick's then as a first port of call.

Quote Originally Posted by JTSB View Post
    Brilliant, thank you. I'll go to Nick's then as a first port of call.
    I support the recommendation to use the nick patch (includes the saturn patches to apply). I think there are some years that cannot be selected because they cause crash