Thread: Nature or Nurture (or how I tried to keep Maxim)

Nature or Nurture (or how I tried to keep Maxim)

I think I've posted on here before about my rage issues with shitty bastard players who deserves to die. Harsh? No.

TL;DR - If someone gets: homesick, thinks you should be topping the table, wants to move to a bigger club etc? I WILL put them on intensive training out of position, I WILL take control of the reserves that I've dumped them in, I WILL give them a cunt nickname, and I WILL have them man mark the opposition keeper (and on hard tackling) until they get injured for as long as I have them contracted. Short version? don't piss me off, I pay your fucking wages.

Anyway, I don't know if I've mellowed in my old age or am just loving this champ manager renaissance just too much but I'm going to actually try and keep a player! Is it a coincidence that the player is Maxim? LOL probably not but TBF I've binned off Aghahowa to Samba over the years for crossing me.

I read back in the day that the 'give leave of absence' isn't that effective so I've bought a couple of other Belarus chaff choppers to try and see if, for the first time EVER, I can convince a homesick player ..... not to be homesick LOL Watch this space.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Taribowestsleftfoot For This Useful Post:

That was a chore! It's hard enough to 'get lucky' with a work permit for Maxim, let alone some unknown hoofer from TskXxxc FC! Luckily after lots of searching I found a Belarusian who had a second nationality LOL

TL;DR - what does that mean?

Wahahahahah - great rant!

Bringing players with other nationalities and also sending leave of absence do both sometimes help

How's Maxim now? What country you managing in?

TL;DR = too long didn't read. It's internet shortcut rather than posting a 3 page essay LOL

Managing Cov in England, standard 01/02 start, no updates.

I've also just started a full run (all leagues) with the SI patch and Tipani update thing ........ random team pick, ended up with Montrose LOL