Thread: CM 01/02 background pictures free to use

CM 01/02 background pictures free to use

Hello everybody!

I am new on this forum. (See my Ajax post in stories.)

I have customised CM 01/02 with my own pictures and am happy to share them with you.
    A first, like so many other CM gamers, I didn't know how to add them but now I rule at it!

I figure if I went to all that trouble to customize the game for myself, why not share it?

Here's an example of designed pic;

And in the game;

They are cut so they fit straight into the game. (Also in the space between the formation-sheet.)

If you want to know tips about how to design pics so that they fit into the back-ground i'm happy to tell you. (Apart from how to add pics in the first place.)

As I said; I am happy to share my own pics but... how do I add them to this post?
    Can I not add a folder or something? I am not sure how to do it.

Can anybody tell me?

Reward; custome made pics for CM 01/02 background. (If you like em, that is. I slightly favor Ajax but Rooney's bycicle kick against MC is also in there, as is Bale - doing same trick against LIV.)

Regards
    MarcoB
    Last edited by MarcoB; 29-10-20 at 07:31 PM.

and looks good mate!

Maybe upload everything like others have done as a "backgrounds pack" maybe - you can use a file sharing site like sendspace or mediafire and then post the link here with any installation instructions etc

Quote Originally Posted by Redknapp69 View Post
    and looks good mate!

Maybe upload everything like others have done as a "backgrounds pack" maybe - you can use a file sharing site like sendspace or mediafire and then post the link here with any installation instructions etc

Ok, thanks! Let me see what I can do.

Quote Originally Posted by MarcoB View Post
    Hello everybody!

I am new on this forum. (See my Ajax post in stories.)

I have customised CM 01/02 with my own pictures and am happy to share them with you.
    A first, like so many other CM gamers, I didn't know how to add them but now I rule at it!

I figure if I went to all that trouble to customize the game for myself, why not share it?

Here's an example of designed pic;

And in the game;

They are cut so they fit straight into the game. (Also in the space between the formation-sheet.)

If you want to know tips about how to design pics so that they fit into the back-ground i'm happy to tell you. (Apart from how to add pics in the first place.)

As I said; I am happy to share my own pics but... how do I add them to this post?
    Can I not add a folder or something? I am not sure how to do it.

Can anybody tell me?

Reward; custome made pics for CM 01/02 background. (If you like em, that is. I slightly favor Ajax but Rooney's bycicle kick against MC is also in there, as is Bale - doing same trick against LIV.)

Regards
    MarcoB
    That photo shows Julien scoring from an offside position in the league cup final, Celtic won 1-0.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

5. The Following User Says Thank You to ictpaisley For This Useful Post:

Here's a guy who was NOT offside when he he scored two goals for my Ajax tonight; Jari Litmanen (2-1 against Dynamo Moscow in UEFA Cup first round second leg (Agg 6-4)

The first a free kick from 20 yards out, or so the commentary said. (I guess from just outside the penalty area then.)

This pic also popped up DURING the match, right after Litmanen scored. Timing!!

I will try an attach my collection of self made pics here, for whoever wants to put them in their game.

Little preview

Quote Originally Posted by ictpaisley View Post
    That photo shows Julien scoring from an offside position in the league cup final, Celtic won 1-0.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Nearly all the Celtic players were offside along with Julien.

Quote Originally Posted by Redknapp69 View Post
    and looks good mate!

Ok, so I tried to link the pictures via Sendspace.

https://www.sendspace.com/filegroup/...Oir67vjXscIHoF

As far as the pics go; they are made to fit 800x600 No need to tweak.
    I put a bit of a dark gloss over them so text and image don't mix to much.
    Pics are made so that they fit between the formation sheet but fully viewed are also proper image. They do look the part!

Basically all the pics can be placed randomly in the CM picture folder. (As RGN image)
    Except training pics - they need to go under 'training RGN',
    so they show up in the right place.

And the board-room image goes under 'Board1RGN'

This is not a complete list, there are like 60 or so RGN pics in the CM picture folder to be modfied (and some, I noticed, can't even be changed. At least I couldn't.)

As far as getting these pics into the game, here's my guide;

FIRST any pic needs to be BMP image. (But all my pics obviously are.)

THEN you need to convert to RGN image type via RGN converter tool.

THEN you can just drag a pic to the CM picture folder, replacing with generic RGN image. Just DON'T change name of original RGN image otherwise picture editor can't read image.
    So Boro5.RGN stays like that. etc etc

Check in the picture editor if image shows up in its intended place.

Rinse and repeat.

-----------------------

If you DO intend to make you own pics for CM 0102 here are a few tips. (Also have a look at my images.)

First thing to know; it's a real tough job!! There are enough football pics out there but few are suitable for the game.
    But it's totally cool if the endresult works.

Here are some criteria; (first for player images)

1 Players can not be to big otherwise the fall out of the game frame - you really need to test to find out what works.

2 Players need to be postitioned somewhat to the left of the image, so they fall between the formation-sheet. But as you can see, in full view, it can still be a proper image.

For stadium images rules are sort of the same. If you want to show the name in the stand you can only take image as below.

And put a bit of a dark gloss over a picture before you put it in the game. That way txt and image don't mix so much.

That's about it from me for now. Let me know what you think.

Regards
    MarcoB
    Last edited by MarcoB; 31-10-20 at 12:46 AM.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to MarcoB For This Useful Post: