Thread: Coloured Attributes

Question Coloured Attributes

Serching the whole forum I can't find the tool, I just want to change the coloured attribtes.

Many Thanks for all.

Quote Originally Posted by samsami View Post
    There is no such tool.

Watch this space. I need re-check my code when I'm sober () but I think I've got a working tool to simply change the colours used by the Coloured Attributes feature of existing patches.

https://ibb.co/G04y968

Yes, I know it looks like crap - I just used full R, G, & B and repeated them as a pattern in a text config file - the tool will let you pick your own colours (just edit a text file with your preferred RGB value).

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to John Locke For This Useful Post:

That's it, I will be waiting for... Respect.

Done.

http://www.mediafire.com/file/oxhbez...3/CAT.zip/file

See Instructions.txt for details on how to use it.

I can't see an option to add this to the Downloads section.

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to John Locke For This Useful Post:

Thanks for this.

OP is right though I think. Tapani I'm sure released this type of tool very early on in his patching days (late 2000's???).

Tapani released the Colour Adjuster, but that's different. AFAIK, attribute colours have only ever been available in vanilla and Tapani's coloured attributes - until now.

Nice tool I like it a lot!

I added it to downloads section: https://champman0102.co.uk/downloads.php?do=file&id=397 . However with this mediafire link the link might get broken after some time (and I cant host the zip in the forum site). So, do you mind if I host the files in a public github project (so the link will never expire)?

Do you know if its compatible with a tapani exe that already contains the coloured attributes patch?

Any idea if I will mess something up in the exe if I add more lines to the colors.txt file up to 46, like:
    20 = Red
    21 = Orange
    22 = etc...
    46 = Green

The reason I ask this is with tapani patch the color pattern is weird when some attribute is higher than 20 (when using nick's uncap20s patch) as in screenshot below, so I wanted to design better color pattern for values between 21 and 46

Thanks a lot, there must be many fans need this tool.

Quote Originally Posted by MadScientist View Post

I added it to downloads section: https://champman0102.co.uk/downloads.php?do=file&id=397 . However with this mediafire link the link might get broken (and I cant host the zip in the forum site). So, do you mind if I host the files in a public github project (so the link will never expire)?

Do you know if its compatible with a tapani exe that already contains the coloured attributes patch?

Any idea if I will mess something up in the exe if I add more lines to the colors.txt file up to 46, like:
    20 = Red
    21 = Orange
    22 = etc...
    46 = Green

The reason I ask this is with tapani patch the color pattern is weird when some attribute is higher than 20 (when using nick's uncap20s patch) as in screenshot below, so I wanted to design better color pattern for values between 21 and 46
    Thanks for adding to the Downloads. Yes, you can host it anywhere.

The tool will only work with an exe that already has coloured attributes - using it on a vanilla exe won't work. I could change this by making the tool install the coloured attributes patch if it isn't already installed.

Adding lines to colours.txt will will break the exe. Technically, the tool will honour the instruction - but after the colour values set by Tapani is more code (relating to idle sensitivity by the looks of it) which will then be overwritten by the colours. This is why the colours go wrong above 20 - the game is using the bytes of actual code (written by Tapani) and treating it like a colour (this is safe, the game doesn't care whether the bytes are 'code' or not).

This can be resolved, but it would mean re-writing the coloured attributes code in a new location (where these is more space available). This isn't that difficult - but it might be confusing for people because there will then be two different coloured attributes patches (and I know people will get them mixed up).

BTW, 'Green' isn't a valid colour - for a somewhat stupid reason. The file x11.txt contains colours from 2 different colour lists (X11 & W3C), both of which have a 'Green' - but they're different shades of green. So you need 'Green (X11)' or 'Green (W3C)'. The same goes for 'Gray', 'Maroon' and 'Purple'. I might just add the X11 values again as 'Green', 'Gray' (& 'Grey' for that matter) etc to avoid the inevitable confusion.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to John Locke For This Useful Post:

I added it to downloads section: https://champman0102.co.uk/downloads.php?do=file&id=397 . However with this mediafire link the link might get broken after some time (and I cant host the zip in the forum site). So, do you mind if I host the files in a public github project (so the link will never expire)?

20 = Red
    21 = Orange
    22 = etc...
    46 = Green

How can normal atributes be >20, and how did you manage to show hidden attributes??? Is there a way i can do it too?

Quote Originally Posted by yondaime94 View Post
    How can normal atributes be >20
    Attributes actually range from 1 to 46 but any attributes that are higher than 20 are displayed as 20. If you want to see the actual values higher than 20 of the attributes you can use nick's uncap20s patch that you can find in nick's patcher tool apply misc patches section.

Quote Originally Posted by yondaime94 View Post
    and how did you manage to show hidden attributes???
    You can find this patch to show hidden attributes in nicks patcher tool as well

Hello, I still dont get it how to set this tools.Can you tell me step by step what i must do to get those coulors. For me easyest way for instructions will be video on youtube. Can You upload video on youtube how putt this colours to CM. Tnx

Open colours.txt, by default it should be:
    Code:
    1 = Lime
    2 = Yellow
    3 = Yellow
    4 = Yellow
    5 = Yellow
    6 = Yellow
    7 = Yellow
    8 = Yellow
    9 = Yellow
    10 = Yellow
    11 = Yellow
    12 = Yellow
    13 = Yellow
    14 = Yellow
    15 = Yellow
    16 = Yellow
    17 = Yellow
    18 = Yellow
    19 = Orange
    20 = Red
    Edit the file as you desire, e.g. change 'Yellow' to 'Pale Goldenrod' or whatever colour you want. See x11.txt for a list of valid colour names. Save the changes.

Then double click Run.bat

Attributes actually range from 1 to 46 but any attributes that are higher than 20 are displayed as 20. If you want to see the actual values higher than 20 of the attributes you can use nick's uncap20s patch that you can find in nick's patcher tool apply misc patches section.

You can find this patch to show hidden attributes in nicks patcher tool as well
    Thanks for Help Okabe!!

[QUOTE=MadScientist;492176]Attributes actually range from 1 to 46 but any attributes that are higher than 20 are displayed as 20. If you want to see the actual values higher than 20 of the attributes you can use nick's uncap20s patch that you can find in nick's patcher tool apply misc patches section.

One more question about this, i downloaded patch, and when i go in misc tehre are 200+ pathces, and i dint see uncap 20'. DO you know the name under it is written?

Thanks

@yondaime94: Make sure you have the latest version of the patcher. They are listed in alphabetical order and it's called "Misc Patches/Uncap20s.patch"

22. The Following User Says Thank You to Nick+Co For This Useful Post:

Mohsin is offline Hot Prospect for the Future

This is my color scheme

1 = A5A929
    2 = A5A929
    3 = A5A929
    4 = A5A929
    5 = A5A929
    6 = A5A929
    7 = A5A929
    8 = A5A929
    9 = A5A929
    10 = F7FF00
    11 = F7FF00
    12 = F7FF00
    13 = F7FF00
    14 = F7FF00
    15 = 1AFF00
    16 = 1AFF00
    17 = 1AFF00
    18 = 07DBEB
    19 = 07DBEB
    20 = FF0000

Bad - Dark Greyish-Yellow
    Okay - Yellow
    Good - Green
    Excellent - Dark Turquoise
    Perfect - Bright Red

Edit: I changed it to something I liked better.
    Last edited by Mohsin; 11-11-20 at 08:02 PM.

24. The Following User Says Thank You to Mohsin For This Useful Post:

The 'original' Tapani Patch colors:

1 - #C6C3A5
    2 - #BDBE7B
    3 - #C6C37B
    4 - #B5B26B
    5 - #C6B263
    6 - #E7E35A
    7 - #F7F342
    8 - #FFFB21
    9 - #FFFB00
    10 - #FFFF00
    11 - #FFFF00
    12 - #FFDF00
    13 - #FFD300
    14 - #FFBE00
    15 - #FFB200
    16 - #F79200
    17 - #F77100
    18 - #F75900
    19 - #F73810
    20 - #F72C10

26. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Alan For This Useful Post:

Ciao a tutti,
    ho un problema con l'installazione di questi colori.
    Ho seguito tutte le istruzioni e l'applicazione Run mi conferma che 20 colori sono stati cambiati

20 colours changed.
    Done.
    Quando vado ad aprire il mio salvataggio, nessun colore è stato cambiato!

Penso di avere difficoltà con questa parte delle istruzioni:

[For those that play versions other than 3.9.68 only]
    If you've managed to apply colored attributes to an earlier version of the game then the offset value in config.txt can be edited to allow this tool to change those colors - just change it to the offset 2 bytes before the color value for the attribute value of 1. The tool will just apply the colors to the location [offset + (attribute * 2)].
    Can someone please explain me how to edit this part. I am still using version 3.9.60

thank you so much

Quote Originally Posted by sUpErBoBo1986 View Post

Can someone please explain me how to edit this part. I am still using version 3.9.60

thank you so much
    Have you installed a coloured attributes patch on 3.9.60?

This tool can only change existing colours, it isn't able to make attributes coloured.

Have you installed a coloured attributes patch on 3.9.60?
    Yes, I have.

This tool can only change existing colours, it isn't able to make attributes coloured.
    I want the numbers in vanilla to become other colors as in the images of the previous posts.

If you can upload the vanilla 3.9.60 exe and 3.9.60 with coloured attributes (and no other modifications) then I can take a look but don't hold your breath.

What do you mean by "upload the vanilla 3.9.60 exe"? Do you want to know the color code of the vanilla? Where can I find it?

These are the codes I changed with CAT:
    CONFIG:
    directory = C:\Users\andre\Desktop
    offset = 0x5660F6
    https://imgur.com/zx2Xsyq