Thread: Unable to to find CM01/03 installation?

Unable to to find CM01/02 installation?

Hi,

I'm trying to install the 3.9.68 patch but when I try to launch it I get an error message saying: "Unable to find CM01/02 installation. Re-install CM01/02 from CD and try again". I've done it but I still get the same message. What should I do?
    Last edited by Mr_Cole; 19-11-20 at 09:42 AM.

Are you installing into the standard "C: Program Files(x68)/Championship Manager 01-02" folder ?
    The artist formally known as The Eejit

I've installed the game into my folder: "C:\Program Files (x86)\CM0102\Championship Manager 01-02". Do I need to have it in the standard folder for the patch to work?

Iíll need to look at the patch as it is a long time since I last ran it. I canít remember if there is a way to specify an alternate folder, but clearly from your first post, the default is to go to the standard

I've had a play, and there doesn't appear to be any way to redirect the .68 update from the default "C:\Program Files (x86)\Championship Manager 01-02". There is certainly no form to enter an alternate path, and from a look at the .exe, there doesn't appear to be a parameter that you can specify to direct to another path.

I would suggest that you install and patch using the default folder and once all patching is completed, then rename to the folder that you want to use.
    The artist formally known as The Eejit

Thanks a lot, Kingsley!

I just moved my installation back to the default path and the patch worked. Game on now!