Thread: Created a Legends & Icons Database (Based on 2019-20 Data Update)

Created a Legends & Icons Database (Based on 2019-20 Data Update)

Hi all...

I was really interested in seeing a legends database with all star squads for every team. I think I mentioned it on one of the threads.
    That wasn't a realistic wish so I thought I'd go about making those players I really wanted to see again... over the last couple of months, I decided to add a bunch - around 600 - legends and stars of the past into my 19-20 database downloaded from here.

It's really just a little project in a bit of spare time each day. Histories are partial, the players have had their ages reduced (the top players past and present) ie... best players of the current era 19, best players of last generation 20, the generation of the 2000s as 21, 90s 22, and the best players before that, age 23.

About 150-200 Strikers
    About 100-150 Centre Backs
    About 70-100 Full backs
    About 150-200 Midfielders (CMs, WGs,)
    About 75 Goalkeepers

They've been inserted in clubs they played for in the past.
    Some clubs have more of these players than others.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Foggy For This Useful Post:

AMC

Last edited by Foggy; 18-11-20 at 02:14 AM.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Foggy For This Useful Post:

AMC

Problem is there now seems to be an issue where I can no longer save changes using the default editor... Something about second names not aligning.

I was wondering if there was an alternative editor to finish off the remaining keepers. Around 45 keepers left to do and it'll be complete.

Try running cmdbsort on the database, and validate.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Mark For This Useful Post:

Good work, just looked at the first video but a few corrections,

Angloma was a right back, he's at Valencia on the 3.9.60 data for more stats/info.

Should be Jimmy Greaves not Greeves.

I'd consider Gerrard and Xavi more as MC's rather than an AMC and not DMC, only problem is if you put a stat of 15 or over for either in the editor it'll overwrite the 20 for mid and show them as an AMC or DMC, can either amend to 14 or not worry about it if they still have 20 for MC.

Larsson I'd have as a FC like the original game not a SC.

Can't remember Nakamura playing on the right or upfront unless he did for Japan or other clubs but Celtic.

Dalglish should also be a FC, and at Liverpool not Celtic.

Petrov I can only remember playing for Celtic and Villa too.

Not sure what's going on with Rangers club colours.

Gattuso should be at AC Milan not Rangers.

Kinkladze was left sided on the ODB not right sided.

Maldini although naturally right footed, never played on the right so for realism I don't know if you want to remove the right side from him, although he could obviously play the role.

Zidane, once again never played on the right or up front, AM L/C is fine as he played off centre to the left a bit.

Beckenbauer should have DM and M too.

Yaya played DMC for Barca but more an AMC for City, could just be the DM/M/AM stats in the editor again though as a 15 for DM, would dominate even if 20 for M and AM I believe.

Zola I'd probably remove the sides from as well probably just a FC.

Zico another just a FC, I'd give him a 14 for AM as well, probably deserves more for AM, but I don't like players showing as an AM/F C, if you don't mind though then go with 18.

Dani Alves only needs right side too, not centre too.

Rummenigge I'd have as an AM/F R/C.

Probably remove midfielder for Roberto Carlos, D/DM L and wing back should be enough, only time he played left wing was for Inter under Hodgson and he hated it.

Gascoigne shouldn't have FC, should be a MC or AMC depending if ya want to give him 15 or more for AM.

Where are you getting your stats from mate? The following link is a site for PES and classic players/teams but will help you with player positions and their strengths/weaknesses, unfortunately it does go down quite a bit https://pesstatsdatabase.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=145

9. The Following User Says Thank You to AMC For This Useful Post:

Video 2,

Francescoli remove right side.

Robben I'd remove centre.

Maradona remove right side, probably left side too, he's a left footed number 10.

Kewell I'd remove right side.

Makelele I'd have at Real Madrid and then Chelsea unless squads are maxed out, and even then just remove a random youngster.

Should be Gary Lineker not Linekar

Giussepe Meazza not Maezza. I'd remove left side or add right side as well, depends if you want these free role number 10s as just central or left, right and centre.

Gentile remove DM.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to AMC For This Useful Post:

Thanks for all the feedback AMC.

The Positional values are a bit hit and miss it seems, when it comes go the midfielders. I've given a lot of 20 as CM but they still show up as DM or AM.

Stats were from...

Pes Habilidades http://habilidadespesefifa.blogspot....ladze.html?m=1
    Pes stats db
    PES MASTER
    Sofifa
    Transfermarkt
    Wiki
    YouTube
    Pretty much anything I could find for some of the older players.

Seems sometimes there's a difference in what each one might say... The Habilidades blog had Kinkladze as playing on the right side, while Transfermarkt had him on the left ad a secondary position. But his main position os central.

Not sure how I managed to make Angloma a left back. Yes. I remember he was in the original.

I think Robben was listed as playing centrally in the original and I think je played there occasionally in his career. I left 15 since he's not never played there completely.

With a lot of the players like Gattuso and Dalglish (Makelele, too) it was a case of spreading them about a little.

Originally I wanted to give a max of 6 to any club.
    Gk, FB, CB, MF, Winger, ST/CF

But... There were too many players too good to leave out who played mainly for one club.

Liverpool already have Salah, Mane, Firmino, Owen. I had Fowler in the reserves set to future transfer in year or two and also Rush.

For guys like Dalglish and Mak, I left their favourite clubs as the clubs they mainly played for. It seems to help with the AI signing them in-game sometimes.

Rijkaard seems to almost always be signed by Milan for example.

Thanks for the spelling corrections as well.

Ps. Dani Alves... Wiki and https://habproevolutionsoccer.blogsp...is-sg.html?m=1 have him listed as playing centrally sometimes. I think he did for Sevilla early on(?)

There's going to be a lot of difference in position accuracy I think but a lot of those you mentioned I should correct.

Also a lot of the time it's a case of giving 15 in certain areas they likely could have played decently if deployed there.

I actually just did this for my self and any online game we might have (a few of us who shared a love for the original game and have played online games in the past).

If I figure out how to, I was thinking of leaving the db up on here for anyone whose tickled by the thought of seeing all their old favourites in the game, albeit done not very professionally.

Definitely appreciate the feedback, though. Thanks AMC.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Foggy For This Useful Post:

AMC

No worries mate, I've still got the other two videos to go through, do you want me to keep to just spelling mistakes and obvious position errors like the Angloma one? Things like what side they played unless I saw them play I'd be relying on if they were on the ODB or PES Stats anyway which you're already aware of.

15. The Following User Says Thank You to AMC For This Useful Post:

@AMC

You mentioned FC for Larsson...

That would mean giving them FW 20, Centre 20 and free role of 15 or above, right?

I had very little know how on how the db works before I started so a lot of trial and error.

17. The Following User Says Thank You to Foggy For This Useful Post:

AMC

Quote Originally Posted by AMC View Post
    No worries mate, I've still got the other two videos to go through, do you want me to keep to just spelling mistakes and obvious position errors like the Angloma one? Things like what side they played unless I saw them play I'd be relying on if they were on the ODB or PES Stats anyway which you're already aware of.
    Spelling errors definitely. Obvious positional errors too, but if you felt like it, not as obvious ones as well.

Interestingly, being in my early thirties, I haven't seen a lot of these players at all while they played of course... My watching days go back to early nineties, but I've actually found out quite a bit and come across quite a few 'gems' I didn't realise were so good by watching old videos of and reading up on a bit.

19. The Following User Says Thank You to Foggy For This Useful Post:

AMC

Iím 34 myself so also not seen a lot of them, but from a young teenager legendary players always interested me so it grew from there.

The update people will know better than me, I think thereís two or three ways you can get someone to show as a FC, the one youíve listed, I think if you just did AM 15 and SC 20 it will too, for Larsson you can just check the ODB.

Mids are tricky, someone with DM 15, M 20 and AM 20 will show as a DM, as the DM stat if 15 or more just dominates regardless, Kieron Dyer comes to mind when thinking of the ODB. If you have someone DM 12, M 20 and AM 16, heíll show as an AM I think, the only way for a true MC is to make sure their DM and AM stat is less than 15.

21. The Following User Says Thank You to AMC For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by AMC View Post
    Iím 34 myself so also not seen a lot of them, but from a young teenager legendary players always interested me so it grew from there.

The update people will know better than me, I think thereís two or three ways you can get someone to show as a FC, the one youíve listed, I think if you just did AM 15 and SC 20 it will too, for Larsson you can just check the ODB.

Mids are tricky, someone with DM 15, M 20 and AM 20 will show as a DM, as the DM stat if 15 or more just dominates regardless, Kieron Dyer comes to mind when thinking of the ODB. If you have someone DM 12, M 20 and AM 16, heíll show as an AM I think, the only way for a true MC is to make sure their DM and AM stat is less than 15.
    Ok. I see... Yeah, the thing is... sometimes you'd want to set more tgan only 14 for DM or AM for some of these CMs.

Hehe... Yeah. Keiron Dyer. I remember thinking it was odd they had him as a DM in the game.

That's why I said it's if you don't mind them showing as a DMC or even AMC in game rather than a MC or AMC as you'd define their role in real life, wonder if one of the master programmers could change it, or even if they could if there's enough call for it.

24. The Following User Says Thank You to AMC For This Useful Post: