Thread: Two Noob Questions

Two Noob Questions

It's amazing there are still things I don't know on a game I've played since 20 years ago, but yeah, just two things that keep cropping up:

1. Retraining Players.
    I have a player I've retrained from DC to D/MC. He gained the position fairly quickly, plays well there as I figured he would with his stats. But once a week every single week he complains about training. It seems to be every match day that he complains, then a day or two later he's happy again. Then the next week he complains. Can I ever take him out of that training schedule? Or will he still lose the position no matter how long he's been there? (It's been like four years.)

2. Offering player role.
    Probably a simpler one, but you know when you're trying to sign someone and you say they'll be a squad rotation and they don't like it? I usually cancel the deal and then maybe a week or two later if I remember I'll try again and offer him the higher role. But is there a quicker way to change the role you offered?

Cheers all.

Quote Originally Posted by Orikoru View Post
    It's amazing there are still things I don't know on a game I've played since 20 years ago, but yeah, just two things that keep cropping up:

1. Retraining Players.
    I have a player I've retrained from DC to D/MC. He gained the position fairly quickly, plays well there as I figured he would with his stats. But once a week every single week he complains about training. It seems to be every match day that he complains, then a day or two later he's happy again. Then the next week he complains. Can I ever take him out of that training schedule? Or will he still lose the position no matter how long he's been there? (It's been like four years.)

2. Offering player role.
    Probably a simpler one, but you know when you're trying to sign someone and you say they'll be a squad rotation and they don't like it? I usually cancel the deal and then maybe a week or two later if I remember I'll try again and offer him the higher role. But is there a quicker way to change the role you offered?

Cheers all.
    1. I think you can. You can always put him back in if necessary.
    2. I'm afraid there is no quicker way.

Quote Originally Posted by samsami View Post
    2. I'm afraid there is no quicker way.

Quote Originally Posted by fairedinkum View Post
    What this patch does is allow you to change a players squad status - https://ibb.co/2ccLPHy - during contract talks, the original game makes you wait around 2 weeks before it resets itself and lets you offer something different. For example, if you offer Kylian Mbappe 'important first team player' and he isn't interested you can immediately go back to 'offer contract' and change it to 'indispensable to the club'. This is clearly much more more realistic as IRL they’d sit in an office and discuss what’s wanted.

000DD265: 74 EB
    000DDA31: 74 EB

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Alan For This Useful Post:

In previous versions you would just change it without a wait.

In reality if a manager said to you my plans are that you'll be used in squad rotation and you are then not happy with it he says ... oh no I mean important first team player ... I think a player and his agent would just call bullshit.

Does that mean I can just offer a player backup and if they don’t accept that up the stakes until they do accept. Takes a bit of the fun out of negotiations if that’s the case