Page 21 of 21 FirstFirst ... 111718192021

Thread: Tsigalko / van Nistelrooy Thread

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by MadScientist View Post
    Ha! Guys you need to see this:

Well, first, I noticed the following attributes receive an additional boost from CA besides the boost from formula above: heading, finishing, marking, positioning, crossing, passing and creativity. I won't get into detail, but its worth mention this additional CA boost can set the in_match_values of those attributes to a max of around 75.

So far so good, nothing special there. But here comes the interesting part: While I was checking the code of that additional CA boost, I found a really funny bug in the match engine code:

When the CA of a player is higher than 124 AND the intrinsic value for creativity of that player is higher than 10, then the creativity formula ends up using the intrinsic value of REFLEXES instead of the intrinsic value of CREATIVITY! This is exactly the same bug reported by @Trip on 12/12/12 (very nice date, by the way):

This screenshot shows CR7 in Oct2019 data in the original .68 .exe (with the bug):

In the first season his intrinsic for creativity was 8, so the bug didn't occur and he made lots of assists. In the second season, his intrinsic for creativity grow to 13. So now the bug occur and it started to use the reflex value rather than creativity, so his performance and assists dropped.

This is really a bug and not something intentional, because its very clear in the code that the programmer forgot to update the intrinsic variable in this specific case, so it ends up using the value of the previous attribute in the loop, which by pure coincidence is reflexes.

The good news is its a pretty easy fix:

Spoiler!

Now, some more examples of the bug, and of the fix:

Messi and De Bruyne are affected by this bug in Oct2019 data because they have CA higher than 124 and intrinsic for creativity higher than 10. So this is how they perform in vanilla .68 .exe, for reference:
    Spoiler!

Above, they perform worse than expected with few assists because the creativity value is totally ignored and the reflexes value is being used instead!

Then to confirm the bug, I changed Messi's intrinsic value of reflexes using Greame kelly savegame editor to the max possible value (125):
    Spoiler!

Above, we can see Messi instantly becomes assist master and performance improves as a whole (even dribbling increases) because it uses reflex value (125) for creativity due to the bug. Thats still in vanilla .68 .exe (without my fix, but with Messi's reflex increased to the max 125 intrinsic with savegame editor).

Now, back to the original Messi (with low reflexes attribute). And also see De Bruyne below. This is the .68 .exe with my fix to this bug, so now it really uses the creativity value rather than the reflexes:
    Spoiler!

We can see above that the fix worked fine, because now their performance improved and assists too, due to value of creativity finally being used instead of reflexes. Keep in mind Messi's intrinsic for creativity is 17 (not the 125 from previous screenshot) so thats why he doesn't perform as good as that, but now performs as expected.

I bet its a similar bug, GKs look so random in the game, i bet its using the wrong attributes somewhere in the code.

Hi mate,

was it just the code you applied to get the increase in assists?
    Did you change any attributes? or were they left the same in both tests?

cheers

vCash
    Applying the patch will make my one single Feyenoord player who happens to have an intrinsic value for creativity of 33 (so higher than 10) and a CA higher than 124 perform better, that is to say, perform like he should. That's kind of nice of course. And that's how it should be.

But goodness know what else it will unleash because Ajax and PSV and most European clubs we play will have similar creative, but 'handicapped' players as well and they will also suddenly become more effective

I am going to check and see which Ajax and PSV players 'qualify' and if their ratings will go up and their number of assist will increase.

This is going to be very interesting, to keep an eye on all players in my save with a high intrinsic value for creativity!

vCash
    Coys was suggesting in the chatbox the other night that some players in the new patch suddenly become assist machines like de Bruyne and Joao Felix.

I'm working on a 3.9.68 DB and I created a shortlist of players to look at. Problem is, I can't get CM Scout Intrinsic to give me a list of people with an intrinsic value of over 10. When I looked at people with high creativity, that doesn't mean their intrinsic value is high too. So somebody like Landon Donovan, who on my game has 15 creativity but has much lower intrinsic creativity, is unaffected. The one player I found who clearly is affected positively was Barry Ferguson with 13 assists in 13 games playing as the DMC in a 4-1-3-2 for Rangers.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BeezerCeltic1967 View Post
    was it just the code you applied to get the increase in assists?
    Did you change any attributes? or were they left the same in both tests?
    Just the code. I didnt change any attributes of the players. With the new code the game now uses the creativity value for creativity instead of reflexes value for creativity, thats why increase in assists.

Quote Originally Posted by faz44 View Post
    Coys was suggesting in the chatbox the other night that some players in the new patch suddenly become assist machines like de Bruyne and Joao Felix.

I'm working on a 3.9.68 DB and I created a shortlist of players to look at. Problem is, I can't get CM Scout Intrinsic to give me a list of people with an intrinsic value of over 10. When I looked at people with high creativity, that doesn't mean their intrinsic value is high too. So somebody like Landon Donovan, who on my game has 15 creativity but has much lower intrinsic creativity, is unaffected. The one player I found who clearly is affected positively was Barry Ferguson with 13 assists in 13 games playing as the DMC in a 4-1-3-2 for Rangers.
    In cm scout intrinsic, to sort by the intrinsic value of creativity, Click the Settings icon -> Attributes Column -> tick Creativity, you will see a new column Creativity, then just click to sort by this column. Also make sure you choose to display the intrinsic values in the tool settings.

In the begining of a new save, you won't find many players with more than 10 intrinsic for creativity and CA above 124. I guess the data updaters felt it didn't work so they didn't add big values for creativity. But Barry Fergunson definitelly applies, as he has intrinsic 11 and CA 145. As the seasons go on, the creativity of the existing players increases due to experience gain, and many high PA regens are born with high values for creativity too, so you will find more players in later seasons with creativity higher than 10.

vCash
    Cheers mate,

i have been tweaking the atts of players after applyying the fix,

amazing results

Great find

vCash
    Just the code. I didnt change any attributes of the players. With the new code the game now uses the creativity value for creativity instead of reflexes value for creativity, thats why increase in assists.

In cm scout intrinsic, to sort by the intrinsic value of creativity, Click the Settings icon -> Attributes Column -> tick Creativity, you will see a new column Creativity, then just click to sort by this column. Also make sure you choose to display the intrinsic values in the tool settings.

In the begining of a new save, you won't find many players with more than 10 intrinsic for creativity and CA above 124. I guess the data updaters felt it didn't work so they didn't add big values for creativity. But Barry Fergunson definitelly applies, as he has intrinsic 11 and CA 145. As the seasons go on, the creativity of the existing players increases due to experience gain, and many high PA regens are born with high values for creativity too, so you will find more players in later seasons with creativity higher than 10.
    It is working, it's definitely working and I'm in mid-November of the first season. Ze Roberto has 13 assists in 11 games off Bayern's left wing. Ferguson still has more assists than games. Emerson can't get a game for Gremio but has 10 assists in their reserves. Bergkamp has way more assists than usual. Even Nick Barmby, who has 13 Intrinstic creativity is into double figures by mid-November, which is keeping McPhail in the reserves with similar numbers.

vCash
    The cm scout download on here is not working,
    can anybody upload it again for me please?

I take it this is used for viewing players intrinsics as well and it's not a different scouting tool?
    thanks

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BeezerCeltic1967 View Post
    The cm scout download on here is not working,
    can anybody upload it again for me please?

I take it this is used for viewing players intrinsics as well and it's not a different scouting tool?
    thanks
    Beez, in the patches forum, there's a post called CM Scout Intrinsic. It's a Windows 10 app and it's in the Windows Store if you have Windows 10 (where I got it from). If you change the settings, it lets you see the intrinsic atts.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by faz44 View Post
    Beez, in the patches forum, there's a post called CM Scout Intrinsic. It's a Windows 10 app and it's in the Windows Store if you have Windows 10 (where I got it from). If you change the settings, it lets you see the intrinsic atts.
    cheers pal,

already had the fecking thing

vCash
    In the beginning of a new save, you won't find many players with more than 10 intrinsic for creativity and CA above 124. I guess the data updaters felt it didn't work so they didn't add big values for creativity. But Barry Ferguson definitely applies, as he has intrinsic 11 and CA 145. As the seasons go on, the creativity of the existing players increases due to experience gain, and many high PA regens are born with high values for creativity too, so you will find more players in later seasons with creativity higher than 10.
    I am in my sixth season with Feyenoord and have one player with a creativity value of 33. The next highest is 6.
    Ajax has a player with the highest creativity value of 9 and PSV even lower apart from two 35-year-olds (Alexis Sánchez and Mkhitaryan) so fixing the bug will not make a huge difference to my save but it might make European top clubs stronger.

Alaxis Sánchez's career has been severely affected by the bug though. Just 3 assists a year! The same goes for Mkhitaryan and Agüero. Far too few assists in their careers.

Page 21 of 21 FirstFirst ... 111718192021