Page 23 of 23 FirstFirst ... 131920212223

Thread: Tsigalko / van Nistelrooy Thread

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BeezerCeltic1967 View Post
    Creativity is fine for AI controlled teams, ive run test after test and they look fine, lots have multiple players with high creativity. Is there anything that can be done for the Human controlled teams to stop defenders just passing to each other?
    Thats good, thanks for testing.

For human controlled, simply adjust your tactics as suggested in some posts above, and it should work fine too, just like the ai is capable of adjusting it.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to MadScientist For This Useful Post:

vCash
    Gotta say your weight set for CM Scout Intrinsic really finds some monsters. Especially defenders (low CA, but high POS) and attackers (low CA but high intrinsic OTB/FIN) perform really well in game. Midfielders (DM/CM). AMC (r/l) are hardest to find decent ones in though. Total hit or miss there, even when they are 'intrinsically' good.

What makes a good AMC? And what makes a good winger?

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Ruben_ For This Useful Post:

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by MadScientist View Post
    I pretty much rewritten the whole positional penalty code in human readable code and everything is clear. In a couple weeks will post it, just checking some small details.
    I decided to don't post the human readable code of the positional penalty as there is nothing special, it simply works exactly as I described in the posts above (if you have tech questions about the code offsets let me know). Just follow common sense when placing your players and their arrows on your tactic, based on their preffered positions and versatility, and you are good.

However, there is only one thing that doesn't make much sense on it:

If a player is placed in the AMC circle, his positional penalty is calculated based on his AttackingMidfielder value multiplied by his Attacker value, instead of being based only on his AttackingMidfielder value. This means he needs to be good in both AttackingMidfielder AND Attacker.

Simply multiply his AttackingMidfielder by his Attacker: the lower the result, the stronger the penalty. If both are 20, then no penalty.

However, if that player in the AMC circle receives the FreeRole instruction, then instead of multiplying by the Attacker value, it will multiply by the FreeRole value. The AMC is the only circle which I found the FreeRole value can reduce positional penalty.

All the above is also affected by his versatility value. So if you have a AM=20 A=1 player, with versatility=1, he will get a -10 positional penalty when placed in the AMC position, but if he has versatility=20, he will get just -0.5 positional penalty. So, versatility is a VERY important attribute for AMC players that don't have high attacker value nor high free role value.

If you have an AM=20 A=1 versatility=1 player, his best position is the MC circle with an arrow pointing to the AMC position (because the MC circle gives very low penalty for AMCs, and the arrow pointing to the AMC position will reduce his penalty even more, because the arrow to the AMC position doesn't care about free role and about attacker values).
    Last edited by MadScientist; Yesterday at 10:24 PM.

6. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to MadScientist For This Useful Post:

vCash
    So it wasnt a "hunch" I've always had, I have always bought AM/FC over AMC (some FC's work too) for that specific position.

There was a Bulgarian player on ODB with high Teamwork and Work Rate that excelled there over players that on paper were miles better . . . But just AMC

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Dermotron For This Useful Post:

Page 23 of 23 FirstFirst ... 131920212223