Thread: Random Player Creator

annalisa Unattached

Random Player Creator

Hello All,

My question is whether a random player creator exists. Something where I can choose to create 1000 players with Greek nationality while randomly assigning them to all Greek teams?

Thank you

Did u check the Download > tools section?

ebfatz is offline Social Media Bod
    Former Holy Trinity Member
    Stories Mod

Lady in the house!!

annalisa Unattached
    Shame, I can't seem to find anything that can do the job.

Foss Unattached
    Quote Originally Posted by Fodster View Post
    How subtle.

swedish?

One of the programs in 'Flex' has an app called CSV Parse, this will allow to add players to the database. I'd imagine you'll have to randomise them yourself though i.e. create the names, clubs etc.

Quote Originally Posted by annalisa View Post
    Hello All,

My question is whether a random player creator exists. Something where I can choose to create 1000 players with Greek nationality while randomly assigning them to all Greek teams?

Thank you
    unfortunately I don't think anything of that kind exists.

In John Locke's "flex" tool, there is the following:

Squad Randomizer (updated):

A small tool that swaps all the players between teams in any chosen division. It ensures squads stay roughly balanced in terms of overall quality - although it does not ensure the squads remain balanced in terms of player positions.
    New feature added to randomize staff names as well as who they player for.

doubt that you can filter that by nation though. you'd just have all players who are playing for greek teams randomized, not only the ones with greek nationality.

edit: sorry, i misread. you want to create them, not filter the existing ones and play with them. do what dermo said then i guess.

annalisa Unattached
    Thank you for your help.

I have another issue though. Having played around with the editor, when I change language I get this error.

P. V3.9.68T database..cpp 7784 Error

R. It is a language error, and due to a bug in the .68 patch, it will let you keep playing without any problems but keeps the nations and nationality names in english when everything else is in the language youre trying to play.

S. Change the Language to English

Just a thought, What could be causing this error?

Craig Forrest is offline Manager
    Programmer
    Forum Enforcer
    Holy Trinity Member

first of all.... down boys.... give the lady some space

second, the change in language is causing the error... something that happens from time to time... there are some errors that appear sometimes but not others....

third, yes, Derm is right... you would have to create a bunch of players first, then insert them into the DB, then use the squad randomizer to mix them all up

Quote Originally Posted by Craig Forrest View Post
    first of all.... down boys.... give the lady some space

second, the change in language is causing the error... something that happens from time to time... there are some errors that appear sometimes but not others....

third, yes, Derm is right... you would have to create a bunch of players first, then insert them into the DB, then use the squad randomizer to mix them all up
    that message is standard for me, but then again Im always changing between swedish to english and vice versa.

annalisa Unattached
    The interesting thing is that when .68 is installed and I open the game and switch to the desired language it's fine. But after editing the database I then get the error message. Which would leads me to the conclusion that maybe I have changed something that effects the language files translation. But I keep going back over and over the database and nothing seems to be wrong.

Which means that my only option would be to edit cm0102.exe and all the relevant files with a HEX Editor. But this then completely screws up the language file, swaps all the nations names around.

I have even tried to HEX Edit the english language file. But this doesn't even have an effect on the game, so why does the file exist?

annalisa Unattached
    Could it be from having changed the colours in the editor. The gradient of colour that is.

V6 of my database works fine. V7 Doesn't.

If I remember I changed the colours on v7...

Programmer
    Forum Enforcer
    Holy Trinity Member

hmmm... you're making me stop and think now....

are you using any of the Tapani patches?

what language are you switching it into or is it any language?

what are you doing with the editor? Just adding/amending teams and players or changing other things?

Programmer
    Forum Enforcer
    Holy Trinity Member

I don't see why the colours would change anything to do with the langauges but the game is very strange sometimes...

annalisa Unattached
    No Tapani Patch.

To Portuguese.

What am I doing with it?...

I have swapped South Korea to become an african nation. Having swapped Mozambique the other way. I have edited all the South Korean squads into Mocabola squads.

So I am creating a patch. Then my intention was to HEX Edit the Portuguese file (Which I haven't done yet) To rename the Leagues to their correct names.

I can confirm it wasn't the colours. I have tested it...

Programmer
    Forum Enforcer
    Holy Trinity Member

hmmm... I often make league patches and have never run into the language error.....hard to say what is causing it but just swapping leagues and renaming teams shouldn't do it....

also, rather than HEX edit the file, you can use the names editor in the downloads section to change the names of the competitions and trophies and stuff... it amends the EXE file so you don't need to worry about HEX editing.... I only use a HEX editor when I'm doing other stuff like reducing or increasing the number of teams or subs, or changing other stuff like that.

Have you followed the tutorial for creating a new league patch? http://www.champman0102.co.uk/showth...lacement-Guide

It saves you from having to switch too many things in the official editor

annalisa Unattached
    With the name editor, can I change the length of a club/nation name? By changing the name like this though then the Portuguese language wouldn't work.

I will keep going from v6 and save and validate regularly. I have looked over v6/v7 and there are no obvious differences.

So I see you can reduce the number of teams in a league. Is it possible to remove the Korean university and high school leagues. Mind you that seems as though it would be too long winded.

Programmer
    Forum Enforcer
    Holy Trinity Member

I'm pretty sure that the Flex tool developed by John Locke has a feature called The Big On/Off Switch that allows you to turn off certain leagues and competitions.... I've never tried it myself so I can't tell you exactly how it works but you could play around with it and figure it out

As for the name editor, I'm sure you can change it 90% of the time to what you want... although if the club name is only 2 or 3 letters you may not be able to change it to something that is 30 letters long

Members who have read this thread: 8