Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: Keeping Fit

Ive ran 3 in a row, can only manage around 4k before the fecking Asthma kicks in and everything gets tight, must get new Inhaler.. .tonight tho... Pub is calling..

i play football from child years. no problem about fit.

I do 12 hours of fencing training per week plus 3 hours of strength and conditioning work at the gym. On top of the training I compete in 1-2 national open or international student events every month between September and July.

I started running recently, could only run for 18 minutes so far

I need to get to run without dying to breathe in the matches next season.

been doing my running most nights, eating lots or Protein and zero carbs and lost 2 kg... yet to run tonight so will weigh in after the run and see where Im at.

Even had a few low Carb beers at the weekend, well impressed with progress so far..

Always weigh yourself in the morning.

Oh, and after a poo

LOL, after a poo can certainly make a HUGE difference.

I do weigh myself nearly everyday, that way you know what kind of food does what to your weight.

Quote Originally Posted by Blue Demon View Post
    I do weigh myself nearly everyday, that way you know what kind of food does what to your weight.
    This and the peeing sitting down doesn't give you any credit as a man. Does your gf knows she is a lesbian?

Quote Originally Posted by Luis Russo View Post
    This and the peeing sitting down doesn't give you any credit as a man. Does your gf knows she is a lesbian?

The thing is, my gf is a complete tomboy, so together we are 100% man.

Quote Originally Posted by Blue Demon View Post

The thing is, my gf is a complete tomboy, so together we are 100% man.
    Now i am confused.

Hm where to start..

I've played cricket for the past ten years. I train for a couple hours once a week and have a game once a week as well. Cricket isn't the most intensive sport admittedly but the love I have for the game is more than enough to keep me going. I also play football for an 11-a-side Sunday team. Training for two hours once a week and a game on Sunday mornings. I also like to keep my cardio up and run twice a week for around 30 to 40 minutes. Currently managing 4km in 30 minutes which I'm really happy with as I like to run on the streets so the gradient varies.

I'm also a gym addict. Recently I've been dieting for the my holiday and I went from 24% body fat to 14% body fat in six months. I managed to maintain my lean body mass (didn't lose any muscle) as well so was fairly happy with my results. I feel too skinny now so I'm back to bulking after my holiday. Two weeks off really has put a massive dint in my fitness but give it two weeks and I'll be back to full strength. I diet as well as I possibly can, aiming for X amount of Protein and X amount of Carbs per day. Training to gain mass is 80% diet, 20% gym that's for sure. It's never felt better to be back to the gym. I even missed the gym and dieting whilst on holiday..

Got a great Free App for the iPhone called Run Keeper...

Heres today's progress

Tonight's Run, also weighed myself and I aint had a poo all day either...lost 6 kgs since I started...

Ran my half marathon on Sunday in under 90 minutes so well chuffed, can't say I will ever do a marathon but maybe London one day.

We had a 7 team touch rugby competition last night after work between Barclays Stockbroker's teams. We won the tourney with moi scoring many a try.

Was nice as we met a few of the Scotland rugby team (real rugby not touch) which was cool.

Must be getting fitter, if not lighter, weight has remained the same but my lungs are opening up. If it hadn't been for my legs given up I really feel I could of pushed for 10 k in around an hour. Not sure if thats any good but Im very happy. Basically doubled the runs I had managed before now.

Good work dude .

Definitely not a professional opinion, but when I started running last year, I just capped it at 40 minutes for about 6 months. The better I felt the harder/further I'd go in that time.

After the 6 months then I started adding 10% a fortnight. So 44 minutes for 2 weeks, then 48, then 53 blah blah blah.......

Felt well within myself all the way, was never going to do an injury or have a hearty.

Oh, and I did a shitload of stairs inbetween runs too. Really felt they helped my cardio/lungs.

Dermotron is offline Sir Mergements
    Director
    Manager
    VIP
    Captain

Good stuff Fods

Quote Originally Posted by ozRooster View Post
    Good work dude .

Definitely not a professional opinion, but when I started running last year, I just capped it at 40 minutes for about 6 months. The better I felt the harder/further I'd go in that time.

After the 6 months then I started adding 10% a fortnight. So 44 minutes for 2 weeks, then 48, then 53 blah blah blah.......

Felt well within myself all the way, was never going to do an injury or have a hearty.

Oh, and I did a shitload of stairs inbetween runs too. Really felt they helped my cardio/lungs.
    Good tips mate Loads of stairs and Hills around here, the total climb on that run was 150m but thats me trying to stick to the flatter roads due to a tear in my achilles that erupts going up hills....

Quote Originally Posted by Dermotron View Post
    Good stuff Fods
    Cheers Derm. back on it again tonight.... very sore and achey this morning

Director
    Manager
    VIP
    Captain

torn both calves and damaged an achilles tendon in d last 6 months so it will be the bicycle for awhile. Throw in putting on a couple of stone and be awhile before Ill be running!

You find it tough getting up to running 5k?

Fecking Injuries, id still be playing Pro if it weren't for Injuries

Very tough doing the 4.2-4.5 that I was doing at first but I found last night once I got past that mark I had my 'second wind' and my lungs really opened up.. either that or I was running away from home at around 6k mark so had no option but have to run to get home else it would of taken me ages to walk home

Director
    Manager
    VIP
    Captain

Was never built for long distance (a few national sprint titles) but think if I could get up to 2k comfortably Id get to 5k. Even though at this rate could be this time next before running

That app looks the business

Free aswell mate in the App store

What do you runners think about when actually running?
    I've always found running boring because, while doing it, I can't think about anything except how bloody difficult it is.
    Listening to music doesn't help, either.

Sometimes I think in the beauty of the lake I'm watching... Also in women I stare at while running. Other times I just think about work, or study. I'm so used to keep a pace that except the moments I control my watch, I just think in whatever is in my head at the moment.

Quote Originally Posted by churky View Post
    What do you runners think about when actually running?
    I've always found running boring because, while doing it, I can't think about anything except how bloody difficult it is.
    Listening to music doesn't help, either.
    Quote Originally Posted by Fiestita View Post
    Sometimes I think in the beauty of the lake I'm watching... Also in women I stare at while running. Other times I just think about work, or study. I'm so used to keep a pace that except the moments I control my watch, I just think in whatever is in my head at the moment.
    Same as Fiestita, a whole load of thoughts go through your head. I have a great playlist on my iPhone and also the app speak to you and tells you how you are going every five minutes so In find myself working out different scenarios on how far Im going to run, in what time... the rest of the time I think about nice tight juicy pussy

Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast