Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: Keeping Fit

vCash
    I zomb out, just let my thoughts wander, I've always been a bit of a day dreamer though. Makes it hard to keep the same pace up though if I'm on the road so that app sounds good. Don't necesarily need music if I'm running around outside, just check out everything that's going on around me.

If I'm on the treadmill, have to have music on. Love the tready because it keeps you at that same pace all the way through, no slacking off. I have to block the time with a towel though, hate seeing the time when Im running....

vCash
    Today's effort....

vCash
    After my half marathon the other week, signed up for the 10k in Glasgow in September - http://www.runglasgow.org/GSR-2012/index.php

Played my mate at tennis on Sat and beat him 5 sets to nil. 6-0, 6-2, 6-2, 6-4 & 6-2. One hell of a thrashing but was sunny so topped up mt tan
    Long live 00/01

vCash
    Todays effort... another 1kg lost since last weigh....

vCash
    All that running and jiggy is making you half the man you used to be. Well done Fods, keep it up
    Long live 00/01

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by churky View Post
    What do you runners think about when actually running?
    I've always found running boring because, while doing it, I can't think about anything except how bloody difficult it is.
    Listening to music doesn't help, either.
    I listen to music whilst I run which helps keep your tempo and also can be motivational if youre struggling and a song you really like comes on. In terms of what I think about.. Hmm.. Nothing. I like to use running as a way of escaping my busy thoughts. However if I feel Im struggling I'll remind myself of the benefits and how much better I'll feel afterwards which helps on the motivational side of things.

Fodster, cracking effort with the running atm, impressive stuff.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Cam F View Post
    All that running and jiggy is making you half the man you used to be. Well done Fods, keep it up
    Literally Thanks mate

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jesus View Post
    I listen to music whilst I run which helps keep your tempo and also can be motivational if youre struggling and a song you really like comes on. In terms of what I think about.. Hmm.. Nothing. I like to use running as a way of escaping my busy thoughts. However if I feel Im struggling I'll remind myself of the benefits and how much better I'll feel afterwards which helps on the motivational side of things.

Fodster, cracking effort with the running atm, impressive stuff.
    Cheers mate

vCash

vCash
    When you crossed the highway, did you wait at the lights like a normal person or jog on the spot like a moron waiting for the green ?????

vCash
    Cars stop for me mate, im 100kgs

vCash
    Anythings better than jogging on the spot at the lights, that's a definite no-no!!!!

Btw, Great effort dude

vCash
    Playing a lot of tennis at the mo - as well as a shedloads of golf. Not a fan of the gym - prefer to be out and about doing sports

vCash
    Back on it in a big way, didn't do anything since end of November 2012 and had a massive binge eating/drinking period of Xmas and New Year.

Started running again on the 21st and started playing football again, just 6 a side but its hard work. Here is my latest run below:

I've signed up for an 11 week transform with this company. You get two hardcore bootcamps per week, an assigned PT who monitors progressive and pushes you with motivational texts/emails etc. You get before and after shots of the guy, along with a diet plan and an end of session Awards dinner. Did a Charity run with the same group at the weekend and the fanny has unbelievable Tekkers. Current weight is 96kg, I had lost 15 kg before Xmas with a starting weight at 105 I got down to 90 but put 5 on over Xmas and New year.

Anyway its just a place for me to track my progress so I will try and post my daily activity each day, maybe my eating habits too to see where I am going right/wrong..

vCash
    I wish I wasn't so lazy

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Patinoz View Post
    I wish I wasn't so lazy
    Well stop playing FIFA & do some exercise, your new wife doesn't want you getting fat & developing bigger boobs than her.

Fods - well done, that is hardcore. Keep it up. You feel so much better physically & mentally when you exercise.

I have just been going to gym on my lunch 3-4 times a week during the winter months as too cold/wet/windy for tennis & go running once at weekend.

I have a cross country race in feb & then 10k season starts & got my first one in March.

Also hoping to be selected for the tennis team again this season for my local club as enjoyed that last season.
    Long live 00/01

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Cam F View Post
    Well stop playing FIFA & do some exercise, your new wife doesn't want you getting fat & developing bigger boobs than her.
    Too late for that

My problem is that I can't do anything alone. If it rains outside and I am in my warm home doing fuck all, I am not gonna get dressed, go outside and work out at the gym by myself. I need somebody who pulls me with him since I am weeeak.

vCash
    Buy an excerise dvd & you can work at home with a medicine ball & some weights. I used Gunnar Peterson's core secrets DVD for years, works a treat for when you want to only do half an hour excerise.

http://www.amazon.com/Gunnar-Peterso.../dp/B000EOYRVK
    Long live 00/01

vCash
    I do 30 mins on Wii Fit Plus almost everyday, and I walk quite a lot as I can't drive

I am still strugggling to lose the weight, I am currently 14.5 stone, I will keep you posted on how its going if anyone is interested

vCash
    Blogs are open to anyone with more than 5 posts if anyone wants to create one

vCash
    Na blogs are a bit all about 'ME', I like the group mentality of the forum to air my views & activities.
    Long live 00/01

vCash
    Insanity workout DVDs are very good! It's really intense and cardio oriented, i.e. excellent for losing weight. On top of that, you don't need weights or medicine balls or whatnot. It's just you and the sweat in the warmth of your home.

vCash
    When I move back to my flat, I'm thinking of taking up jogging every morning before work as the surrounding areas are good for private jogging through the streets/greenlands. It's just a matter of motivation and willingness to get up at 7am to go for a jog first before shower/breakfast then work

vCash
    Todays run:

vCash
    Started running back from work to the nearest bus station (roughly ~3km). At first it was quite a task .

Now it's something you treat as routine. Plus quite fun.

Btw doing workout @home is also possible. Search on YT .

Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast