Page 1 of 12 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread: Keeping Fit

Keeping Fit

Now we all play CM, sitting down for hours on our arses.

This thread is about what you get up to if you are not a fat cunt and bother to keep fit.

I know we have quite a few keen cyclists, golfers and runners on here, plus the obligatory guys who play for a footy team.

I do a bit of running when I can be bothered and also play tennis for my local club's 3rd team.

Anyway, signed up for this yesterday in Edinburgh, think it will be a right laugh but might not survive it

http://www.mhsurvival.co.uk/

http://bcove.me/ig21z2eo

Mate have just got out the shower after having a run and was thinking of a discussion thread like this

Anyway... not sure I should post here cos I could class as a fat cunt...

Stacked on a few pounds after bad Ankle football injury a few years ago and always struggled to get it off again... started a different diet now and started running too so will see how that goes... any tips on a massively quick way to lose it would be appreciated

Well I play football in a regional team, so I'm training every day almost. I like to play football a lot so I'd like to play the longer possible, like a 45 year old veteran xD

EDIT:

Fodster I was in a similar situation few times ago, my advise is to keep your mouth closed and train as much as you can to speed up fitting yourself up. Unfortnately, after battling for a whole year against weight (and I mean an extra of 30 kg) I found that only shutting my mouth worked. Hunger is awful, but it's worst to be a fat cunt anyways.

aaw crap, this is a healthy-thread rather than a training-thread :/

I've always played football at some point every week which I always thought was enough exercise for me. But recently, I've started playing a 6 a-side game on a Wednesday night, training for Sunday league on Thursday night and playing a match on Sunday morning as well as 6 a-side on Sunday evening.

I'm hoping to keep it going on a regular basis as I've not played so much football in one week for years which is evident right now when I'm aching for days after the Sunday. Hopefully a month or so of this routine and I'll soon be properly fit again!

Quote Originally Posted by Mark View Post
    I've always played football at some point every week which I always thought was enough exercise for me. But recently, I've started playing a 6 a-side game on a Wednesday night, training for Sunday league on Thursday night and playing a match on Sunday morning as well as 6 a-side on Sunday evening.

I'm hoping to keep it going on a regular basis as I've not played so much football in one week for years which is evident right now when I'm aching for days after the Sunday. Hopefully a month or so of this routine and I'll soon be properly fit again!
    looks like you're on your way into the db

used to play footy for my team 4/5 times a week and all was good. then went to Australia and gained 20kg's there since I didn't do anything anymore.

Playing squash and volleyball once a week these days. Trying to eat semi-healthy as well. Weight goes down very slowly though. I hate going for runs, dying of boredom. Much rather prefer getting totally exhausted playing some kind of other sport. Not many cheap alternatives around here though.

Keeping your mouth closed is imo harder than just changing what you put in there.

Sex definitely helps with stamina, as well as being a good way of keeping fit... Wont work if yr an ugly cunt though

Quote Originally Posted by Blue Demon View Post
    Keeping your mouth closed is imo harder than just changing what you put in there.
    Believe me, if someone eats a lot, then he doesn't mind what, he just eats. Then shutting works!

I am lucky there is a gym literally just across the road from work so go most lunchtimes except on a friday, not there for long but has helped my fitness no ends. I just do cardio stuff, not fussed about bulking up, just being fit.

Never really had issues with my weight but noticed it creeping up so decided to get fitter. Stopping smoking has helped, as has running most days. I think the hardest thing for me is to not eat sweets and crisps.

Also...The Mrs is on a diet so my portions for dinner are like 2/3rds while she has 1/3, really not helping

Quote Originally Posted by Cam F View Post
    I am lucky there is a gym literally just across the road from work so go most lunchtimes except on a friday, not there for long but has helped my fitness no ends. I just do cardio stuff, not fussed about bulking up, just being fit.
    distance to the gym is crucial for my training, I have one 100m from my uni (where I also work) and we got a gym on the top floor of where I'm working during the summers. When distance to gym increases - number of training sessions decreases.

Playing footy twice a week now, as well as try and get the gym for cardio/swim a couple of times a week too. Couple of 10ks lined up for Oct though so will start my running up again soon.

Quote Originally Posted by Fiestita View Post
    Believe me, if someone eats a lot, then he doesn't mind what, he just eats. Then shutting works!
    I eat shitloads, believe me. Prolly more than most people on here.

I`m a big believer of the essence of the paleo diet; cut out grains as much as possible - it works.

ebfatz is offline Social Media Bod
    Former Holy Trinity Member
    Stories Mod

I don't generally do any organised fitness.
    Only been to the gym once in my life and I left after 10 minutes

I do play football Sundays and train Thursdays but past that I don't do much.

Saying that my weight hasn't deviated by more than half a stone (3 or 4 kg) in the last 10 years!

And boy can I eat! There's something to be said about a good metabolism!

Craig Forrest is offline Manager
    Programmer
    Forum Enforcer
    Holy Trinity Member

I play footy 3 times a week and have a gym at my work but I still have an extra 15KG i'd like to drop..... I think my problem is the eating thing... I just like food too much....

Finally a thread which can attract girls into the forum. Semi-healthy food and periodical weight checking.

1 kilogram of fat is equal to 9000 calories, exercise alone is useless.

just came back from squash. most exhausting sport i know.

now i am gonna have a schnitzel

Dermotron is offline Sir Mergements
    Director
    Manager
    VIP
    Captain

Tore my left calf on Monday, another 4 weeks doing nothing, hopefully not 7 months like the last time.

Back to the pool for a few weeks I reckon

Lo.Fi Unattached
    I can't abide the gym. I despise all gym culture. I am lucky to live in an area with a fuck load of hills, so I run them daily. plus tennis, cricket and footy of course.

Quote Originally Posted by Patinoz View Post
    just came back from squash. most exhausting sport i know.

now i am gonna have a schnitzel
    Squash is a fantastic sport for fitness, shame I dont know any squash players.

We may ask Neville Southall about how he is handling overweight xD

Quote Originally Posted by Fodster View Post
    Squash is a fantastic sport for fitness, shame I dont know any squash players.
    it is indeed. those 2-3 meter sprints every 2-3 seconds is great fitness-wise, kills your joints somewhat though.

it is very hard to find players. I am playing with a mate for around 4-5 years now. we both started at the same bottom level and basically go once a week. playing pretty decent now through all the practice throughout the years.

tried to get another 2 of my mates interested but quite frankly, its was no fun for me playing with someone who was playing it for the first time. so yeah, just ask your friends who have never played it either.

its quite expensive here, not quite sure how it is in oz.

Went to running club last night and due to the good weather there were just two other runners, who happened to be the fastest in the club

Was a real effort to just try and keep up with them but managed. Legs are a bit sore today though. Will be doing zilch today for sure, few beers, chrisps and sweets tonight

Page 1 of 12 1234511 ... LastLast