Page 25 of 25 FirstFirst ... 152122232425

Thread: Mental Health

Craig Forrest is offline Manager
    Programmer
    Forum Enforcer
    Holy Trinity Member
    Tournaments Won: 2

vCash
    Would have been quicker if I was here. Glad to know you all have zero tolerance for that shit too

2. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Craig Forrest For This Useful Post:

vCash
    So recently Iíve been getting letters of concern from my employer. Basically saying they expect my attendance to improve. I can also tell my boss would like shot of me, but because he knows Iím struggling mentally he doesnít have the legal grounds to do so. Something like that anyway.

Iím a bit stuck. When Iím off work, I get letters. So then it leads me to start panicking and coming into work when Iím not in the Right frame of mind. I then find it hard to concentrate and have a short fuse with fellow employees or even customers. I basically feel trapped. Itís a lose lose.

Iíve been to my doctor a few times. Itís a waste of time honestly. Do I want medication? Yes/no. Do I want counselling on a 3 month waiting list? Yes/no. Then itís goodbye and see you in one month. Is this normal procedure for somebody with passive suicidal thoughts?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Coys View Post
    So recently Iíve been getting letters of concern from my employer. Basically saying they expect my attendance to improve. I can also tell my boss would like shot of me, but because he knows Iím struggling mentally he doesnít have the legal grounds to do so. Something like that anyway.

Iím a bit stuck. When Iím off work, I get letters. So then it leads me to start panicking and coming into work when Iím not in the Right frame of mind. I then find it hard to concentrate and have a short fuse with fellow employees or even customers. I basically feel trapped. Itís a lose lose.

Iíve been to my doctor a few times. Itís a waste of time honestly. Do I want medication? Yes/no. Do I want counselling on a 3 month waiting list? Yes/no. Then itís goodbye and see you in one month. Is this normal procedure for somebody with passive suicidal thoughts?

Best to contact your employer dude to stop the worrying and anxiety getting worse if they have a hr department ect don't talk directly to a boss or a superior if you don't have too (they can take things personally and go out there way to make things difficult) and just send emails or letters in writing never just verbal

I had a similar situation myself back in 2010 i got pad in lieu and things got nasty i wish i had just dealt with hr at the time. I was really unwell back then laughing at everyone in meetings mainly bosses and just acting really strange even went into work with shorts and t shirt one day was not there at all at the time

nothing to do with the job just got overloaded and snapped went off into a tangent maybe an early life breakdown looking back

Main thing is dealing with the issue and I would suggest hr (it will take the worrying away) don't ever be to personal with people at work unless you know them really well and have a connection or ties with them outside work they dont need to know what you going through, bad time or issues as long as you have medical certificates or signed off from doctor you don't have to worry about anything mate just make sure hr knows and fuck everyone else that works there for the time being

medication just do research of what drug or prescription the doctor gives you because most gps now will just use certain types of drugs the pharmacuetical companies push and some have really odd side effects medication doesn't work for everyone i would certainly try councelling first and see if that helps before mood altering anti depressants and other similar drugs can make things worse and for other people they can help immensely but certainly think about your choice.

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to leo37 For This Useful Post:

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by leo37 View Post
    Best to contact your employer dude to stop the worrying and anxiety getting worse if they have a hr department ect don't talk directly to a boss or a superior if you don't have too (they can take things personally and go out there way to make things difficult) and just send emails or letters in writing never just verbal

I had a similar situation myself back in 2010 i got pad in lieu and things got nasty i wish i had just dealt with hr at the time. I was really unwell back then laughing at everyone in meetings mainly bosses and just acting really strange even went into work with shorts and t shirt one day was not there at all at the time

nothing to do with the job just got overloaded and snapped went off into a tangent maybe an early life breakdown looking back

Main thing is dealing with the issue and I would suggest hr (it will take the worrying away) don't ever be to personal with people at work unless you know them really well and have a connection or ties with them outside work they dont need to know what you going through, bad time or issues as long as you have medical certificates or signed off from doctor you don't have to worry about anything mate just make sure hr knows and fuck everyone else that works there for the time being

medication just do research of what drug or prescription the doctor gives you because most gps now will just use certain types of drugs the pharmacuetical companies push and some have really odd side effects medication doesn't work for everyone i would certainly try councelling first and see if that helps before mood altering anti depressants and other similar drugs can make things worse and for other people they can help immensely but certainly think about your choice.
    This was helpful. Thank you Leo.

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Coys For This Useful Post:

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Coys View Post
    This was helpful. Thank you Leo.
    No problem dude for me counselling and medication didnít work but either or or combination can help many others

It was poor lifestyle choices and relationships that was my cause and when I rose above it you come back stronger itís only you that know yourself and sometimes being brutally honest and looking in the mirror can change things for the better sometimes

I do not know your issues in depth but defo speak to gp and have a plan and structure you feel suits you

9. The Following User Says Thank You to leo37 For This Useful Post:

Tournaments Won: 10

vCash
    Always seem to get some wankers around, don't you? (your boss I mean, leo is being nice!).

HR sounds like a good shout. Most departments should have an occupational health department that should be looking after that sort of thing?

Have you taken a lot of time off? Has it been down to your mental health or a mixture of reasons?

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Mark For This Useful Post:

Tournaments Won: 5

vCash
    I never thought I'd fall into a depression. I always assumed I was too sober and practically minded to let stuff get to me. But in these last few weeks while having holiday I've hit rock bottom.

A general feeling of sadness that doesn't seem to go away. Not wanting to do anything other than sleep, play video games and eat unhealthy food. And that on repeat every single day. Hardly went out of my appartment and when I went out, I wanted to go back home asap. The excessive gaming kept me going and kept my mind off stuff only to be reminded when I get off the PC.

In hindsight I guess I had it coming, but now that I'm in it I don't really see a way out. The thing is that I know what I have to do. I just don't have the courage, energy, mindset (call it how you want) to do it. And it's keeping me in a terrorizing grip that I can't seem to break free from.

I never thought I'd fall into a depression, but here I am. Completely lost in what to do now. So I go back to what I know, the bad stuff, because although that's not good for me, it still gives me something. Hello darkness my old friend...
    Go check out my YouTube channel with lots of CM 01-02 related video's!

13. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to GFRay For This Useful Post:

vCash
    Jeez, Geoff, that is a sad story man. I know how that feels. But at least you are not in denial and know what your first steps need to be.

Not telling you anything new when I say the first step is the hardest one. I'm not gonna give you advice or anything. You know where to find me. Just sending lots of love and hugs, brother. Keep your head up.

15. The Following User Says Thank You to AJ For This Useful Post:

vCash

All the best, Geoff. Can I ask what you think you need to do to feel better? And why you are afraid of doing it?

If you don't feel like answering that's understandable, no worries. Fighting inner demons suck.

17. The Following User Says Thank You to JLa For This Useful Post:

Craig Forrest is offline Manager
    Programmer
    Forum Enforcer
    Holy Trinity Member
    Tournaments Won: 2

vCash
    As AJ said, you're not in denial. That's actually a great first step. Being honest with yourself is the hardest part... everything after that is easier (not easy, mind you.... but easier than telling yourself the truth).

We're all here if you need us for anything

19. The Following User Says Thank You to Craig Forrest For This Useful Post:

Tournaments Won: 4

vCash
    As hard as it may be try to get out and about just for some fresh air if feck all else. Maybe take up a hobby with others (outside of home) and/or volunteer or something

Has the new job/promotion got anything to do with this?

We're here for you fella - you know that

21. The Following User Says Thank You to Redknapp69 For This Useful Post:

vCash
    Sorry to see you're not in a good place at the moment mate. Seemed like you were taking on board the advice from the counsellor before, is that not helping any more?

Hope you turn a corner ASAP. As others say, at least you're open about it which is hopefully a good, positive step!

23. The Following User Says Thank You to Mark For This Useful Post:

Sorry to hear Ray
    I was in a similar rut for 4 months eating packets of chocolate bars, biscuits all night just because i was bored and depressed.
    For me the secret was being busy in the mind not the hands, I would watch box sets all night until bedtime, have 1 drink of water and slowly but surely I got out of the routine of binge-eating on a night.
    My mood lifted as I started watching fun shows, things that actually make you laugh.
    Also staying in every night before that was making me suffer from the depression, so try going out a few nights a week.
    It was hard for me as i suffer Anxiety and Bipolar but 4 months onward, I go my local pub or club, talk to people, meet new people, play pool or snooker, you can't keep me in now
    Like Redders says even walking or helping an elderly neighbour with some gardening can make you feel good about yourself.
    Your a strong person Ray you can beat this, its all in the mind (says the Bipolar sufferer )
    We are all here for you mate, don't struggle alone
    Last edited by evesham; 31-07-19 at 04:43 PM.

25. The Following User Says Thank You to evesham For This Useful Post:

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by JLa View Post

Can I ask what you think you need to do to feel better? And why you are afraid of doing it?
    Get enough sleep, eat healthy, exercise, go out more, talk with my friends/family, stuff like that. I'm not afraid of doing it, but it seems like I can't get it done. They feel like impossible tasks most of the times.

Quote Originally Posted by Redknapp69 View Post
    Has the new job/promotion got anything to do with this?
    It certainly has had it's impact yes. More stress at work is never good for anything.

Quote Originally Posted by Mark View Post
    Sorry to see you're not in a good place at the moment mate. Seemed like you were taking on board the advice from the counsellor before, is that not helping any more?
    The counceling was more focused in dealing with the passing of my mom. Right now I haven't had a session for 1,5 month now due to holidays, but I'm not really sure whether I want to continue them.

vCash
    I really think admitting and sharing what you are going through is a very important thing so it is good to see you've done that. Hang in there mate!

28. The Following User Says Thank You to Felix For This Useful Post:

It's only a few months since your mother passed away though, surely? It's certainly less than a year. It's not something most people get over easily. It's really worth seeing a counsellor again if you can get yourself to do it. It might seem to you that you are over the loss and that this is something different, but talking it through you might find that how you feel now is not uncommon following the loss of a parent.

I used to get a bit down every Autumn, and then feel much better in Spring. The year my mother died I felt terrible when Autumn came and assumed it was just the usual thing. When Spring came though, it didn't lift.

There's a lot of good advice in these last few posts. Trying a new hobby is an excellent idea, as it makes you think about something. Maybe learn guitar if you don't play already, even though that might not get you out and about.

30. The Following User Says Thank You to Effiong unmarked! For This Useful Post:

vCash
    Mate, I don't know you well or your situation.

I fight depression on a daily basis, I am the worlds most miserable bastard at times. It affects everyone around me. I regret not continuing with my psychiatrist when I had him available to me on a regular basis. I went through a phase of about 3-4 weeks where I felt great within myself and really thought I had cracked it. Gave up on seeing the psych. Within weeks it all crashed down around me and ended up being admitted to a psych ward for a few days. Please don't let this happen to you.

As for the loss of your mother, You'll never truly get over that. Almost 12 years since I lost mine at a reasonably young age. Still hurts daily that she isn't with us. But please don't beat yourself up over it, talk it over, keep those sessions going. Even if they are only once a month. Don't keep your emotions bottled up, they'll eat away at you and you'll end up miserable like me.

32. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Topofthekop For This Useful Post:

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by GFRay View Post
    Get enough sleep, eat healthy, exercise, go out more, talk with my friends/family, stuff like that. I'm not afraid of doing it, but it seems like I can't get it done. They feel like impossible tasks most of the times.
    Im not a professional at all and don't have this kind of problems at all tbh. But if it was up to me I think I would handle this as followed: Maybe just start with one? You don't have to do all at once. If you don't like to eat healthy or exercise, it will feel as a punishment don't it? And all these things shouldn't feel as punishment and if you have to do it all toghether you will getting punished like all the time and it will be to hard to maintain. So for the first weeks do what the fuck you like but just go to bed at time and wake up at time and forget all other things (for now). Don't be angry when you can't get to sleep or are awaken early. If you are just in bed but not sleeping you will be resting too. To avoid boring time; save your favourite series and only watch them when you are in bed. Once you got this one, go further to your next goal. Set realistic goals and commit to it. So if you want to lose weight; just say I want to lose 1 kilo each week. That shouldnt be too hard right? Exercise and follow a diet for 2 or days and then have a great day with all the food you like. It will even taste better as you can see it as a reward. When you are eating, set a timer and when the timer goes off stop eating. When I want to lose some weight I eat smaller portions (so day 1 100% of what I normally eat, day 2 90% etc. etc.) In my experience it's pretty easy to get to 70/60% or what you normally eat. But once again I m not a professional, so who am I? Just wish you the best with this battle.

34. The Following User Says Thank You to CMCZ For This Useful Post:

vCash
    Thanks for all your messages and advice. It's motivating to see a lot of you actually caring which helps me a lot.

I got an intake planned for September 6th at a specialized institution that hopefully will come up with a trajectory for a treatment. Turns out I also have a personality disorder that's been kicked into overdrive the last few months. The psychiatrist links it to the depression so hopefully I can start getting treatment for it soon.

36. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to GFRay For This Useful Post:

vCash
    Good to hear you are making progress mate, hopefully this helps you

It'll be a long journey no doubt, but you know we are all here with you for the ride

38. The Following User Says Thank You to SteveHarle For This Useful Post:

vCash
    Strangely enough a rage quit from an online CM game has caused an unexpected effect for me.

What happened? Well, the usual CM bullshit in my online game with Offside Trap and Kope22. Three seasons in a row I get one session where everything seems to fall apart and CM just tears you a new one in terms of unfairness. At that moment about 2 weeks ago, I snapped. Just couldn't take it anymore, left the game and deleted my entire G:/ drive containing 36 CM folders with everything I had ever done with/for CM. The files were to big for the trash bin so I deleted them permanently. Everything gone. Just like that.

At first it felt like a burden had dropped from my shoulders. But then right away I regretted deleting all the work I had done. It was at this point that I started thinking about all the things that had happened over the last few years. My weight gain and loss. The loss of my mother. Stress at work. Pressure to deliver content on here. Failed friend- and relationships/ A lot of things crossed my mind and I bursted into tears. A sudden realization had come that I was asking too much of myself. And the worst part of all was that I wasn't doing it for myself, but for the approval of others. I didn't care about myself and had neglected the inner me, because I hated him. Thinking about why I hated myself I couldn't find a real answer which surprised me. I thought I could come up with at least one sensible argument why I hated myself, but I couldn't logically accept any of the lame excuses I came up with.

In the moment I was browsing the web unconsciously and landed on YouTube where I clicked a random video. When the sound started playing I got startled as I was not aware I had clicked anything. It was the song "That's Life" by Frank Sinatra that I, as a Sinatra fan, knew all too well. Must have played that song dozens of times, but there was something about it this time that opened my eyes. All of a sudden the lyrics felt like my life and I bonded to it in a way I've never had with any song before. When the song was done, I felt differently. I didn't feel down at all anymore and felt full of energy, like the song had opened my eyes and showed me what needed to be done.

It's strange how things can go. I know a lot of work still needs to be done, but I now know that I can do it. There's nothing 'wrong' with me and there's no reason to hate myself. Bad things happen in life, that's a fact. It's how you deal with them and importantly how you deal with yourself that's going to define whether it will influence you. I've decided to not take everything personal anymore and let stuff slide off my back. With that attitude and with the professional help I'm going to get, I'm sure that I'm going to turn things around. I can do it, because I'm worth it.

"That's life (that's life) that's what people say
    You're riding high in April
    Shot down in May
    But I know I'm gonna change that tune
    When I'm back on top, back on top in June"

40. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to GFRay For This Useful Post:

vCash

42. The Following User Says Thank You to Mark For This Useful Post:

Tournaments Won: 4

vCash
    Good to hear Ray

You sound like you work for L'Oreal at the end

44. The Following User Says Thank You to Redknapp69 For This Useful Post:

Page 25 of 25 FirstFirst ... 152122232425