Page 26 of 26 FirstFirst ... 162223242526

Thread: Mental Health

vCash
    Yeah, life can be a bitch. I know all about that. Good to see you back Raymundo. Keep it light and fun. Take good care of yourself.

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to AJ For This Useful Post:

vCash

4. The Following User Says Thank You to samsami For This Useful Post:

5. Zero commitment needed here my friend. Just focus on you and pop in when the mood strikes

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Craig Forrest For This Useful Post:

vCash
    Glad to hear you're doing better, GFRay. Fwiw you strike me as a really nice person, all the best mate!

8. The Following User Says Thank You to JLa For This Useful Post:

vCash
    How's everyone doing in general and with lockdown?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Redknapp69 View Post
    How's everyone doing in general and with lockdown?
    My wife is climbing the walls putting up with me

ebfatz is offline Social Media Bod
    Former Holy Trinity Member
    Stories Mod

vCash
    I'm doing alright to be fair.

vCash
    Walking the dog, cooking, PlayStation.

Not too bad.

Missing the pubs though after work on a Friday.

vCash
    I've not told you lot on here much about myself in this thread before.
    The shopping is done, not much to do today, maybe a little housework later just, so why not now...

I would struggle with bouts of depression at times, most recently getting my head straight at the start of this year but really bad since this time last year, when I just returned from England. Yes! I lived in England for a short time, maybe 18 months or so. I lived in Newcastle upon Tyne (lovely place btw, lovely people), worked for the NHSBSA, a call centre type place that handles the business side of everything NHS, had moved in with a great woman. Life was good.

Then, I split with the lady, but had to keep living there because i couldn't get anywhere else. That dragged on and was miserable but next, a phonecall from grandmother, the woman who I lived with as a teenager who taught me so much. She was telling me that she was terminally ill. It was time to come back to Belfast to get what little time was left with her.

The depression lasted for many months, not caring about anything, not working or even considering wanting to work, dealing with bloody Universal Credit and doctors giving me drugs and days meld into weeks to months. It's like walking around with a cloud over you that no-one else can see, your own personal cloud.

This January, basically a whole year later I pulled myself out of it again, got myself looking for work, found a decent job and since then it's not too bad. Of course things could always be better but challenging your own thoughts, reinforcing the positive aspects, keeping fucking going basically is how I deal with things.

Anyone that is dealing with depression at the moment is going to be feeling it extra hard with all the doom and gloom and misery coming out of the TV so my first advice would be TURN THE NEWS OFF. Maybe you read the news once a day or whatever but sitting with Sky News or BBC on all day will boil your brain even further.

I would also say that these mf'ers on this site are actually not the worst folks.
    If you are struggling, post something, or say something privately. You will be surprised at the response.

OK, have a good day folks

14. The Following User Says Thank You to TheImmortal316 For This Useful Post:

vCash
    Sorry to hear about your grandmother and what you have been through over the last couple of years.

I'm Northern Ireland-based also and lived in Belfast for 8/9 years but with work I travel (or used to) to England weekly over the last 5 years (based in Manchester, London and more recently Hampshire).

16. The Following User Says Thank You to Diggler For This Useful Post:

vCash
    Well,

today i got sacked.

It would be easy to drop out, wallow in the negativity and do more harm than good.
    I've learnt a lot over the last 2-5 years though.

The negative voice that wants to pop up isn't as powerful as it once was.
    The fact that I easily got back into work when making an effort. the fact of what was actually said by the agency on the dreaded call. The fact that I know my skills, my talents, my worth, means I'm not going to do that.

I'll get a new job easily.
    Once the god damn world opens up again

Afew beers tonight, but back at the computer in the morn sending out CVs.

18. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to TheImmortal316 For This Useful Post:

vCash
    Keep your head up, I'm sure you'll be straight back into work and in the meantime you can enjoy a bit of down-time.

vCash
    Any reason why? Guessing something to do with the economy as it is because of lockdown?

Good attitude to have though, keep sticking up for yourself

vCash
    Yeah, they took too many of us on and had to ditch the agency staff.

The agency rep said the boss was glowing in the reference so once they have anything i'll be straight in.
    But I'm not waiting for that, could be months. I'll get something in the next couple of weeks.

vCash
    Yeah can't wait for that one job, shame that is. At least you'll have a good reference!

vCash
    shit time for that to happen.
    Good luck with the job search.

Page 26 of 26 FirstFirst ... 162223242526