Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: The Stories

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ZanSnake View Post
    To change what is deemed as a 'How are you' to stories, plus! You have to make sure the authors/members are still alert/on-line to the story they have created.

Though asking for power is different to gaining it, since, you know i have 'secondarily' asked for it,with no response despite the fact that in the three or more years i have been here, i deserve it And, also since my impact or reluctance to post a seemingly UN-interested on the forum of a story of the past two years - plus numerous attempts i have TRIED to start it up-again - i am over-looked.

I want someone with the power of 'yes' or 'no' and to add more to a side of the story that had influenced me to post in this site (or a earlier date) in the first place.

vCash
    I honestly don't know what you are asking for there.

You want to be a mod essentially or is there more?
    Last edited by ebfatz; 17-05-14 at 10:49 PM.

vCash
    Saying just maybe a mod could clean up the story section is all.

All the extra shit was a typical-Zan Rant about nothing

4. The Following User Says Thank You to ZanSnake For This Useful Post:

AMC

vCash
    Gotcha.

AMC as doing it before. I think he's still on the case.
    I think he PM'd people after a period of inactivity on a story.

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ebfatz For This Useful Post:

vCash
    Still on the case, I think anything that didn't have activity on within the last 6 months I contacted the other seeing if they were still carrying on the story or not, and if not they were deleted. There are a few stories in here which weren't complete for different reasons which weren't deemed HOF worthy, but also not worthy of being deleted. When I'm a little less busy I'll have another clear out.

As regards to Zan being made a mod of the stories section I haven't a problem with it. Initially I only asked for mod rights so I could edit the PTP thread.

vCash
    I've got no issue either.
    After Mark's re-arrange, I don't think there are mods for certain sections as there were before.

He'd be the man to make any decision.

vCash
    TBH i think we need another 'mod' for the stories section. Not saying AMC is doing anything wrong, but obviously he has life stuff to do, while i have free-time after lectures as a student to deal stuff. If i can be a mod is up to Mark, but it's hurts to see stories like ilovesanmarino's not go into the HoF when it deserves to.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ZanSnake View Post
    TBH i think we need another 'mod' for the stories section. Not saying AMC is doing anything wrong, but obviously he has life stuff to do, while i have free-time after lectures as a student to deal stuff. If i can be a mod is up to Mark, but it's hurts to see stories like ilovesanmarino's not go into the HoF when it deserves to.
    +1. We definitely need someone to keep on top of this so on that basis, I'd be glad for Zan to be made a story mod. If not, we really need someone who has the right to move threads to the HOF to at least have a look at the stories now and again as it would be a great shame for a brilliant story to miss out on the HOF just because the moderators haven't noticed it.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to CMAdventurer For This Useful Post:

vCash
    Yes.
    Like all my stories!

13. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to wato20 For This Useful Post:

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by CMAdventurer View Post
    +1. We definitely need someone to keep on top of this so on that basis, I'd be glad for Zan to be made a story mod. If not, we really need someone who has the right to move threads to the HOF to at least have a look at the stories now and again as it would be a great shame for a brilliant story to miss out on the HOF just because the moderators haven't noticed it.
    I'm sure all the mods notice everything that goes on within the forum. That's their job right....

vCash
    I imagine they do, whenever I'm around I certainly try to, the problem is I don't have the same time nowadays to visit the site like I used to so it makes it harder. Like I said I've no problem with Zan becoming a mod, me and CF both aren't on the site much but we communicate a fair bit and we manage to keep the Challenges thread on track I think.

ilovesanmarino's story has been moved to the HOF anyway.

vCash
    I think people sh0ould vote on if a story is moved to the HoF

vCash
    From the Hall of Fame thread,

Stories - The Stories section of the website has been an integral part of the website for many years, allowing users to use their imaginations and deliver a story based on the game itself to the community. It is a rare achievement to complete a story in full and those that have managed to do so will always find their efforts published to the Hall of Fame.

vCash
    Fodster takes over at Man United. Gets sacked after season 3, story complete. HoF? ?????

vCash
    Well obviously we use a bit of common sense as well.

Are there any particular stories already in the HOF which you think shouldn't be there, and if so why shouldn't they be there?

vCash
    I just think there should be a vote, dont have to explain myself, jst dont think 1/2 mods should decide. Thats all mate

vCash
    No problem at all mate, I can see what you mean it shouldn't be down to the one person, I'm just going by what's outlined in the HOF thread as posted above, coupled with the fact that it's obvious some serious hard work has gone in to them. All about opinions though, so I can understand where you are coming from.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Fodster View Post
    Fodster takes over at Man United. Gets sacked after season 3, story complete. HoF? ?????
    If you told a bloody good story along the way, then yeah no reason why not.

I think everyone, (who frequents the story section often) knows a good story when they see one.

Maybe the wording should be changed. It shouldn't just be any story that is completed that gets in, but it has to be a decent one. Aka Centurion, the Are you the Next's.

vCash
    Just being my pedantic self that's all gents

vCash
    Wouldn't have you any other way mate

25. The Following User Says Thank You to AMC For This Useful Post:

vCash
    Ignore...
    Last edited by ZanSnake; 24-10-14 at 04:57 PM.

vCash
    Yo Mod-Gods,

Wondering if you called rename my story for me: http://www.champman0102.co.uk/showthread.php?t=5657

Instead of 'Fulfilling a Once Promising Destiny' can it be changed to 'The Return for Glory - Chapter One: Belgium'.

vCash
    Done sir!

29. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ebfatz For This Useful Post:

vCash
    Delete: http://www.champman0102.co.uk/showthread.php?t=5657 (Give at least 72 hours before so tho, please )

Add an extra 's' to 'Succes': http://www.champman0102.co.uk/showthread.php?t=5943

vCash
    Title amended, will delete that story tomorrow night.

32. The Following User Says Thank You to AMC For This Useful Post:

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast