Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Players in the Future

Players in the Future

Is it just me, or does anyone else find that as you get to, say, 10 seasons played in a game - the standard of almost ALL players is terribly low?
    I notice players of very high value, but very poor stats - and also players who's stats dont match their position? ie strikers with 18 marking, defenders with 20 finishing?

I just mention this because as i progress later into a game, it becomes very frustrating to see almost all other teams comprised of very poor players, and it takes a long time searching to find any players of even a reasonable standard.

Does anyone else find this happening to them?

Playing ptp I actually found that it is exactly the other way around. Prolly too many good players.

Sorry, ptp?

Pass the Parcel, check the stories thread.

Agree with Pat, especially defenders, it's well known (I think ) players come back with exceptional positioning skills and as this is probably the most important stat for defenders, there are so many good defenders in the future.

Hence why the goals dry up later in the game when more regens are added to the database. Unless you use Tapani 2.19 where he slows down player development etc.

I use 2.16 though as i like to see lots of red numbers, but it does get frustrating after a while seeing every team score only 40-50 goals in the prem

316'sRegen Unattached
    I would agree that the regens become crazy good after 10 years,I love this point in the game.
    Coys, are you running a few decent leagues at the same time?
    That's a good way to ensure quality.

Nothing wrong with the quality mate, i always run Brazil, Argentina, and all the major european countries in foreground and background with max database

Just other teams don't score many goals because of the high amount of players with high positioning stats, either that or defensive tactics.

It's all about positioning, as already pointed out. I wonder if somewhere out there is still that old thread where we discovered how big of an impact positioning has in cm0102 match engine...I remember someone (Alan?) put a Conference team to PL, maxed out positioning for all his players and was on 5th place half-way through the season.

Quote Originally Posted by churky View Post
    It's all about positioning, as already pointed out. I wonder if somewhere out there is still that old thread where we discovered how big of an impact positioning has in cm0102 match engine...I remember someone (Alan?) put a Conference team to PL, maxed out positioning for all his players and was on 5th place half-way through the season.
    Yeah, i remember that thread too........ don't think it was Alan though.......... will have a look and see if i can dig it up, may be over at the old place

Edit - Caterlatics started it i think :tup:

It was me! I think I used Woking and ended up around 9th or 10th in the end.

I stand corrected then, apologies Alan

Looks like the old site has finally been pulled, just getting 404 errors now

Yeh Carterlatics created that thread and then had a hissy fit when he didnt win MOTM

Back to Topic, players seem just fine to me in the future too. (Using 2.19)

Just ran a quick test, again with Woking.

Yeah, positioning is somewhat important.

Think I tried it on the International stage selecting only players with high positioning (lower leagues only) and won the Euros or something

All i want to know is how on earth did Woking not finish bottom one year

Southampton were below them on goal difference

unbelievable

Wanted to ask, exactly what is the difference between the 2.16 and 2.19 patch? And can 2.16 be used with the September 2012 update?

And also, is there anyway to make the AI better? Like by importing custom tactics into the game? I ask because the patch that "enabled harder AI tactics" no longer works with the new data updates.

thanks!

2.19 slows down player development, as Tapani felt that players reached their full potential's too quickly.

2.16 is just the default player development, which i myself prefer.

In some ways, i can see why Tapani changed it. A 16 year old wonderkid shouldn't reach 190 PA within a season. However, there were some flaws with the patch. Such as some players not developing at all if they had bad coaches / training facilities.

Thank you Coys and 2.16 works with the Sept 2012 Data Update?

Yep

316'sRegen Unattached
    Quote Originally Posted by martinho View Post
    And also, is there anyway to make the AI better? Like by importing custom tactics into the game? I ask because the patch that "enabled harder AI tactics" no longer works with the new data updates.

thanks!
    tapani discusses that in post 3 here: http://www.champman0102.co.uk/showth...i-Patch-change
    (imported by pati from the old server)

although the best form of AI is a bloody human opponent
    http://www.champman0102.co.uk/forumd...-Network-Games

in fact,

if there are more human managers in the game the super freakmen regenerating will be more evenly spread

long story short, solve the problem of "terrible standard of players" by playing a 16 player network game

I think it has more to do with shitty managers being in charge of the best teams. Had a season in which Scholes had terrible stats and was managing Liverpool. He had a habit of picking shitty 10 points avg players for the starting XI. No wonder they eventually got relegated.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast