Page 75 of 75 FirstFirst ... 657172737475
Results 1,851 to 1,862 of 1862

Thread: Kids and Grown Ups Love Him So........

vCash
    I came back to see what Harry was up to, but atm Chelsea are ruining him

Even i think possibly time to move away....

vCash
    After the death of my Alpabet Game save, I should be able to get back on this in the near future.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to ebfatz For This Useful Post:

vCash
    Well, 4th place for Chelsea looks good.

I must admit that the coach... oh my... using the best player out of position? Anyone but him... c'mon!!

vCash
    South Korea. What a beautiful country. Seoul, Busan, Incheon, Daegu, all amazing places to visit and tour. Wonderful sights, wonderful people and the squad were welcomed wherever they went with rapturous applause and cheering and in some instances the players being mobbed by adoring fans like they were pop stars.

The squad were enjoying things so much they almost forgot they were there for some serious business and that was defending the Confederations Cup crown they had won two years earlier.
    It would be a tough ask. Along with England there was Jamaica, Switzerland and the hosts South Korea and in Group 2 were Japan, Mexico, New Zealand and Mexico.
    England were expected to qualify from their group with relative ease. But that would all depend on how the players adapted to the weather conditions and differences that come with playing on the other side of the world.

About a week after they had got there, the squad were milling around the hotel on a rest day. As the morning went on, production crews started arriving. TV crews, radio, cameras were being set up in the conference room of the hotel.
    Word got to the squad that a press conference had been set up with the England manager and his captain. Harry was confused. He had not been told anything would be on his schedule for the day. He thought he had a full clear day.

A couple of hours passed before a press officer came to round up Harry and Alan Pardew and take them down. As they exited the lift on the ground floor, flash bulbs burst in their faces as the press got their snaps ready for online publications and the next days papers.

They walked in and sat at the table. There was a trophy sat on the table right in the middle of where the media shots would be. As soon as Harry saw it, he knew what the meeting was for. He threw his hands to his head in shock as he took his seat. He couldn't keep the smile from his face.

The conference started. An official looking representative spoke first.
    "Thank you all for your attendance today. We will start proceedings with some questions before the presentations to finish. First question?"
    "Good Morning. Keith Downie. Sky Sports. Harry. Simple question. How do you feel?"

Harry took a deep breath and spoke. "It feels amazing. A complete surprise. Really unbelievable!"

"Conor McNamara. BBC. What does this mean for the future?"
    Harry thought about this one for a while.
    "It means I just keep doing what I've been doing. Trying my very best in every game I play and hopefully things like this continue to happen. I couldn't be happier right now."

He took a few more questions before the official rep stepped in again.
    "Thank you for the questions but it is now time for the presentation."

A few minutes later, the tables had been removed and Harry had been positioned at the side of the room ready to re-enter when called upon.
    The rep raised his hand and a hush fell on the room.

"Ladies and Gentlemen, the winner of the 2025 Ballon d'Or, Harry Bow!"

6. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to ebfatz For This Useful Post:

vCash
    Yay!!

vCash
    Nice! Didn't realise he'd performed so well to earn that!
    The Alphabet Game #3
    Try your luck at winning any trophy in your game but you must go in order from A-Z in the alphabet!
    Click here to find out more and join in!

vCash
    Ronaldo and Messi finally stopped playing hot patato in their old ages?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark View Post
    Nice! Didn't realise he'd performed so well to earn that!
    I wasn't expecting it I must say.
    His record for the season just finished was:

Reasonable in the league. Made up for it in Europe which may have swung it for him. Runner up Antoine Griezmann scored 14 goals with 19 assists in 39 games at an average of 7.61 so I'm lost as to how the voting goes down!

Quote Originally Posted by troza View Post
    Yay!!
    Indeed.

Quote Originally Posted by ZanSnake View Post
    Ronaldo and Messi finally stopped playing hot patato in their old ages?
    CR7 hasn't won this comp since 2015. Messi more recently in 2022. Last seasons was won by a 20 year old regen who looks remarkably like this guy.

11. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to ebfatz For This Useful Post:

vCash
    Buoyed by his international accolade, Harry was raring to go for the Confederations Cup.

England would start with a game against Jamaica playing in the Chamsil Olympic Stadium in Seoul.
    And Alan Pardew would spring a surprise straight from the off. He lined England up in a sweeper formation. Neil Rutherford of Manchester United was asked to play behind two further centre backs in a back 5. Three central midfielders would play in midfield and captain Harry Bow would be joined by Danny Lewis of Birmingham in attack.

It was certainly a bold decision and as Pardew explained his reasoning in the changing room before going out, it kind of made sense to Harry. He wanted England to be solid, knowing it was just a three game group. He wanted to mix things up instead of just playing a back 3. He wanted to confuse the Jamaican forwards.
    It certainly worked. They didn't know where to position themselves. If they tried to sit on the shoulder of the last man, they found he either wasn't the last man or found themselves way offside as Rutherford had stepped out. If they sat deep on the regular two centre backs they could not chase don the balls that their teammates had played over the top as Rutherford had swept up behind them.

It worked a treat and completely blew their strategy. England just had to take advantage. The trouble was they were having a bad time going forward themselves. Martin Johnson on the left wing was having an uncharacteristically bad game. The central midfield three were not sure who should be sitting or going. They needed to get it together.
    Everyone's role was clarified by Pardew and things did improve a little but it took a moment of magic to change the course of the game.

Richard Gardner advanced down the right hand side and swung in a cross but instead of crossing into the box, it went high across the 18 yard line, way past the players in the box. Harry, who had started the move on the halfway line, was just catching up with play as the ball came in and it came in his general direction. Without breaking stride and before the ball bounced, he caught the ball on the volley and it arrowed back across the box and flew into the top right corner, clipping the underside of the bar on it's way in.
    It was a fabulous goal, worthy of winning any game and it would be the one that won this one. With just 8 minutes remaining, Jamaica were not going to hit back and England had got off to a winning start.

South Korea won their opening match in the group and England would meet them next in what would be a huge match for the people of the country. Hosts vs Holders, there would be masses of home support despite the welcome the squad had received a couple of weeks earlier.
    They would also be a very different proposition to the Jamaicans as well. They would play in a very different way. Harry was interested to see of Pardew would employ the sweeper again. He was also interested to see if there would be any changes to the team considering only 48 hours had passed since the first win.

The sweeper stayed. But there were changes. Only Rutherford and Gardner kept their places in the back 5 as Nathaniel Chalobah, Bob McLean and Alex Doughty coming. Just the one in midfield as Karl Nicholls came in. The forward line stayed the same.
    Alan Pardew reiterated to his side that a win would put them effectively through. If they could tie up qualification, it would make the final game a dead rubber and allow some players to rest.
    But they had to get past South Korea and their fervent support first.

In the first half, England played poorly. Very poorly. In midfield especially, England were verging on being called awful. Pardew it was safe to say was livid. None of what they had planned for and trained for was happening. He read the riot act to every one of the players. Harry felt he personally had done OK and the stats seemed to back him up but he knew he could not be seen to be being hand picked out to avoid a tongue lashing.
    Harry and all of his teammates knew they would have to turn it up in the second half and play a lot better.
    It got worse, very quickly. Two minutes into the second half South Korea broke from a corner and went all the way down the other end and Kyung-Hwan Jang slotted under Marcus Borg to open the scoring.
    And on the hour they doubled their lead as Son Heung-Min broke past Alex Doughty and fired in South Korea's second. England were reeling. They were on the ropes but they fought back and pulled one back through Connor Coady but it was not enough.
    England had lost and were brought down to earth significantly.

Jamaica drew 1-1 with Switzerland the next day so the damage was actually limited and England stayed second. That meant that technically England could draw and still go though but if Jamaica got a two goal swing win they would leapfrog them.
    England would have to go for the win.
    Last edited by ebfatz; 02-11-17 at 12:13 AM.

13. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ebfatz For This Useful Post:

vCash
    Honestly, I feel like Harry isn't surrounded by good enough players at the moment. Both at Chelsea and internationally!
    The Alphabet Game #3
    Try your luck at winning any trophy in your game but you must go in order from A-Z in the alphabet!
    Click here to find out more and join in!

vCash
    Well... let's hope that Pardew gets back to what results and leave the experiments for the friendly matches.

Yet, great goal by Harry on the first game

vCash
    There are decent players, certainly in the England team. They just don't seem to click at the moment.

In this tournament, Pardew has played a flat three central midfielders and a two MC, one AMC.
    Neither system has worked. Martin Johnson (Joe Cole regen) has gained most of his caps as a left winger. He has played left side of the three and AMC and has played poorly in both.
    And as for the sweeper. :facepalm:

I just don't think he knows what the best team in their best positions are which is weird because he has won tournaments previously. Although Harry has carried them to an extent.
    Let's hope he can in this one too.

17. The Following User Says Thank You to ebfatz For This Useful Post:

Page 75 of 75 FirstFirst ... 657172737475