Page 106 of 125 FirstFirst ... 96102103104105106107108109110116 ... LastLast
Results 2,626 to 2,650 of 3119

Thread: Questions and Comments that Don't Warrant a Thread

vCash

Locating data-files

Soz..

I am trying to locate my save game files, but can't seem to do so. The background: I have two sets of CM 01/02 installed (with different directory names obviously). One with ODB (called cm 01-02) and one for the upcoming oct-update (called cm 19-20). Waiting for the update, I started a save game with St. Pat's in Ireland, seeing how far I could take them in Europe. Long story short, I ended up trying to locate the save game-file, so I could migrate it to anothe computer, but it is not in the programfiles-folder, where I am used to it being.

I have tried changing the save game to something completely unique and doing a file search on the computer to no avail, and I have turned on hidden folders - also with no luck.
    Does anyone have any idea how I might locate it?

My computer runs on win10.

Thanks for the help in advance

vCash
    Solved.
    https://champman0102.co.uk/showthread.php?t=324

Not sure how I delete or lock my own post.

vCash
    is it possible to score directly from a corner in CM 01-02?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by toscobank View Post
    is it possible to score directly from a corner in CM 01-02?
    No.

If you look at events_eng.cfg in your data folder and find corner, you will see a section EVENT_TAKE_CORNER which shows all of the outcomes from a corner
    The artist formally known as The Eejit

vCash
    So I'm trying to make an ultimate backgrounds collection for my install. Now I have an arse load of RGN's... I am not looking to have, say, Southampton's badge show up when I click Southampton. (I know how to add images for specific things like the World Cup etc...) I just want it to load a random image when I click around.

So does anyone know the quickest way for me to add a whole bunch of image names to the pics.cfg file so they just show up when I click around, not for anything specific? I hope I'm explaining this right. I noticed in the default pics.cfg that comes with cm0102 that they have a category in various places for MISC. Would adding MISC: Blah.rgn, blah2.rgn under all categories work?

Cheers!

vCash
    Does anyone know how the mechanics work regarding when you're offering a player a contact, and he is not satisfied with being offered, say, rotation player?
    What is the quickest way of 're-setting', so you're able to re-bid a contract with another squad status?

vCash
    Think it's about a month mate.

vCash
    Just getting back into this CM01/02 malarkey again...I have it on my laptop - all running well.
    Is it possible to run CM Scout on an android device? I imagine whiling away some free time in work searching for my next wonderkid If I could get it to run on my android phone and had my save game on Google Drive or something?
    Is that possible? All I can find is running the game on android.
    Cheers in advance...

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by SpunkyBone View Post
    So I'm trying to make an ultimate backgrounds collection for my install. Now I have an arse load of RGN's... I am not looking to have, say, Southampton's badge show up when I click Southampton. (I know how to add images for specific things like the World Cup etc...) I just want it to load a random image when I click around.

So does anyone know the quickest way for me to add a whole bunch of image names to the pics.cfg file so they just show up when I click around, not for anything specific? I hope I'm explaining this right. I noticed in the default pics.cfg that comes with cm0102 that they have a category in various places for MISC. Would adding MISC: Blah.rgn, blah2.rgn under all categories work?

Cheers!
    Do something like this https://www.techsupportalert.com/con...es-or-whatever

Then copy the list into excel. Use this formula to add a comma =CONCATENATE(A1,","). Copy the 2nd column and then click on Paste Special > Values and ticket transpose box.

Now copy the horizontal list into the pic.cfg under the [CLUBS], [NATIONS] headers, it should randomise it. Alternatively export all the club names, all the nation names and and put huge lists after each nation. Messy but guaranteed to randomise

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Prefunctory View Post
    Does anyone know how the mechanics work regarding when you're offering a player a contact, and he is not satisfied with being offered, say, rotation player?
    What is the quickest way of 're-setting', so you're able to re-bid a contract with another squad status?
    It's two weeks, per the official (CM 00/01) guide but it's the same for 01/02

Contract Negotiations usually take two forms either negotiating a contract for a player who is joining the club or attempting to extend the contract of a player who is already present at the club. Negotiations with players presently at your club can afford to be drawn out and you can haggle with the player over clauses to try to get the best deal possible. Negotiations with players you are attempting to purchase are usually harder as there is always the risk that they will sign a new (and possibly more lucrative) contract at their current club or have a better offer from elsewhere.A new hazard to bear in mind when attempting to sign new players to your club is that in cm00/01 you cannot just jump around the 'player status' until you find the status at which the player will sign cheapest. The player will remember the status that you tell him and it will take a small amount of time (up to around 2 weeks) for him to allow you to approach him with a new status.

vCash
    After all my years playing this I've just my first Assistant Manager accept a Coach role

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Dermotron View Post
    After all my years playing this I've just my first Assistant Manager accept a Coach role
    Aye - I think I noticed that a couple of updates ago (not sure if patch related) - also I'm sure for retiring players you can offer then scout/coach/ass man role (i.e not pigeon holed as only coach). I have a funny feeling a coach can also accept a scout role as well

vCash
    This is unpatched. He was my Assistant but decent and I wanted to get Honda in as Player/Assistant. I offered him a new job as Coach and he took it.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Dermotron View Post
    Do something like this https://www.techsupportalert.com/con...es-or-whatever

Then copy the list into excel. Use this formula to add a comma =CONCATENATE(A1,","). Copy the 2nd column and then click on Paste Special > Values and ticket transpose box.

Now copy the horizontal list into the pic.cfg under the [CLUBS], [NATIONS] headers, it should randomise it. Alternatively export all the club names, all the nation names and and put huge lists after each nation. Messy but guaranteed to randomise
    Fantastic. Thank you!

vCash
    I distinctly remember when playing the game around release that team of the week woud feature in the news. It would pop-up saying (e.g.) "David Beckham have been selected in the team of the week", much akin to how it works with the TOTY (team of the year).
    Am I becoming delusional or was this a feature of an earlier edition, maybe?
    If it exists, is there a way to get it back. I always felt that it sort of made things matter a bit more, that it made you reflect over various players more.

vCash
    Can't ever remember being informed I had someone in team of the week, could only know about it if you went into the league table and from there.

vCash
    Yeah it's never been a newsflash, unfortunately. Would have been a nice touch if it was!

You only get informed if players get into the team of the year.

vCash
    You get notified via news item if you are the manager, player or youth player of the month and year. You also get notified if your players are in the team of the year.
    You do not get notified if one of your players is in the team of the week, although you can check weekly in the awards section. POTW also does not appear under a player's achievements. This is with ODB 3.68

vCash
    Does anyone know why some players would have no problem getting a work permit? This is a 19 year old from Brazil without a second nationality playing his first year at a French club. I recall reading somewhere that it may have to do with his PA - can someone confirm?

vCash
    Really high PA

vCash
    Had no idea where to ask this. Croatian top division, club official name is HNK Gorica not Gorica VG. is there any way I can change this.
    Thaks

vCash
    Before starting a game it is easy enough to change it with the official editor.
    If it is an already running save then I think that the CM Explorer editor can change names, but donít quote me as Iíve never tried it.

vCash
    I wouldn't recommend changing it in an existing save either, only in the editor beforehand.

vCash
    is it really important to have a great goalkeeper? it seems tactics-related, can't find differences apart saving penalties

vCash
    Only play non-w/w so don't know if that is different ww tactics, but I feel a great keeper, particularly if older/experienced can push a good team over the line to become a super tough to beat one - at least that is my anecdotal evidence. Handling 20 the most important skill, but imo reflexes, jumping, strengths, agility all relatively high will make a great keeper. Imo the older the better.