Page 106 of 107 FirstFirst ... 96102103104105106107 LastLast
Results 2,626 to 2,650 of 2655

Thread: Questions and Comments that Don't Warrant a Thread

vCash
    This is unpatched. He was my Assistant but decent and I wanted to get Honda in as Player/Assistant. I offered him a new job as Coach and he took it.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Dermotron View Post
    Do something like this https://www.techsupportalert.com/con...es-or-whatever

Then copy the list into excel. Use this formula to add a comma =CONCATENATE(A1,","). Copy the 2nd column and then click on Paste Special > Values and ticket transpose box.

Now copy the horizontal list into the pic.cfg under the [CLUBS], [NATIONS] headers, it should randomise it. Alternatively export all the club names, all the nation names and and put huge lists after each nation. Messy but guaranteed to randomise
    Fantastic. Thank you!

vCash
    I distinctly remember when playing the game around release that team of the week woud feature in the news. It would pop-up saying (e.g.) "David Beckham have been selected in the team of the week", much akin to how it works with the TOTY (team of the year).
    Am I becoming delusional or was this a feature of an earlier edition, maybe?
    If it exists, is there a way to get it back. I always felt that it sort of made things matter a bit more, that it made you reflect over various players more.

vCash
    Can't ever remember being informed I had someone in team of the week, could only know about it if you went into the league table and from there.

vCash
    Yeah it's never been a newsflash, unfortunately. Would have been a nice touch if it was!

You only get informed if players get into the team of the year.

vCash
    You get notified via news item if you are the manager, player or youth player of the month and year. You also get notified if your players are in the team of the year.
    You do not get notified if one of your players is in the team of the week, although you can check weekly in the awards section. POTW also does not appear under a player's achievements. This is with ODB 3.68

vCash
    Does anyone know why some players would have no problem getting a work permit? This is a 19 year old from Brazil without a second nationality playing his first year at a French club. I recall reading somewhere that it may have to do with his PA - can someone confirm?

vCash
    Really high PA

vCash
    Had no idea where to ask this. Croatian top division, club official name is HNK Gorica not Gorica VG. is there any way I can change this.
    Thaks

vCash
    Before starting a game it is easy enough to change it with the official editor.
    If it is an already running save then I think that the CM Explorer editor can change names, but donít quote me as Iíve never tried it.

vCash
    I wouldn't recommend changing it in an existing save either, only in the editor beforehand.

vCash
    is it really important to have a great goalkeeper? it seems tactics-related, can't find differences apart saving penalties

vCash
    Only play non-w/w so don't know if that is different ww tactics, but I feel a great keeper, particularly if older/experienced can push a good team over the line to become a super tough to beat one - at least that is my anecdotal evidence. Handling 20 the most important skill, but imo reflexes, jumping, strengths, agility all relatively high will make a great keeper. Imo the older the better.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Coliuto View Post
    is it really important to have a great goalkeeper? it seems tactics-related, can't find differences apart saving penalties
    I always like to have the best keeper and best strikers that I can afford. A bad keeper can cost you games.
    The artist formally known as The Eejit

vCash
    but even with a great keeper you lose some matches 0-1 with 20 shots vs 1..so in that case is not really different

Goalkeepers are difficult to judge. They can have great visible atts but still fall apart whenever they are in a one-on-one or whenever they play in a local derby or cup match because of their hidden atts. They can concede three in the first twenty minutes and then pull off a string of decent saves that no longer really matter since they've already cost you the match, but they'll end up with a rating of 7 or even 8 because of those late saves. They can kick the ball straight to an opponent, parry two times and concede the third effort and somehow gain from what to me looks like a goal they have gifted the opposition. This means their ratings are not necessarily true. And if you just go on goals conceded per match it pretty much ignores context: how tough were the games? How good were the players around them?

It's still important to have a good one though. And if you lose when you had a lot more efforts on goal it's partly because the opposition had a keeper who on the day was very good.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Coliuto View Post
    but even with a great keeper you lose some matches 0-1 with 20 shots vs 1..so in that case is not really different
    With a bad keeper you lose most matches by more than 1-0

vCash
    Does anyone know what v 3.9.68 database cpp 399 means?, it happens when Republic of Ireland are selected, using Nicks patch for 2016 April Data.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by MrFoo View Post
    Does anyone know what v 3.9.68 database cpp 399 means?, it happens when Republic of Ireland are selected, using Nicks patch for 2016 April Data.
    Have you added players via editor?

vCash
    Nope

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by MrFoo View Post
    do you have also selected USA or only republic of ireland?

vCash
    Is there a way in the game to view competition rules? For example, how many loan players in the squad, how many foreign players etc?

Can't seem to find an easy way to figure this out!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by danny_bhoy67 View Post
    Is there a way in the game to view competition rules? For example, how many loan players in the squad, how many foreign players etc?

Can't seem to find an easy way to figure this out!
    League guide. Look under the League Structure sections.

vCash
    Thanks for this. I take it there is nothing in the game itself that lets you see this information then?

I assume there is no updated version of this to go along with the most recent Saturn Patch, for example?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by danny_bhoy67 View Post
    Thanks for this. I take it there is nothing in the game itself that lets you see this information then?

I assume there is no updated version of this to go along with the most recent Saturn Patch, for example?
    No, but I think that would be an excellent project and I'd be happy to work with others on updating the guide.