Page 107 of 118 FirstFirst ... 97103104105106107108109110111117 ... LastLast
Results 2,651 to 2,675 of 2941

Thread: Questions and Comments that Don't Warrant a Thread

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Coliuto View Post
    is it really important to have a great goalkeeper? it seems tactics-related, can't find differences apart saving penalties
    I always like to have the best keeper and best strikers that I can afford. A bad keeper can cost you games.
    The artist formally known as The Eejit

vCash
    but even with a great keeper you lose some matches 0-1 with 20 shots vs 1..so in that case is not really different

Goalkeepers are difficult to judge. They can have great visible atts but still fall apart whenever they are in a one-on-one or whenever they play in a local derby or cup match because of their hidden atts. They can concede three in the first twenty minutes and then pull off a string of decent saves that no longer really matter since they've already cost you the match, but they'll end up with a rating of 7 or even 8 because of those late saves. They can kick the ball straight to an opponent, parry two times and concede the third effort and somehow gain from what to me looks like a goal they have gifted the opposition. This means their ratings are not necessarily true. And if you just go on goals conceded per match it pretty much ignores context: how tough were the games? How good were the players around them?

It's still important to have a good one though. And if you lose when you had a lot more efforts on goal it's partly because the opposition had a keeper who on the day was very good.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Coliuto View Post
    but even with a great keeper you lose some matches 0-1 with 20 shots vs 1..so in that case is not really different
    With a bad keeper you lose most matches by more than 1-0

vCash
    Does anyone know what v 3.9.68 database cpp 399 means?, it happens when Republic of Ireland are selected, using Nicks patch for 2016 April Data.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by MrFoo View Post
    Does anyone know what v 3.9.68 database cpp 399 means?, it happens when Republic of Ireland are selected, using Nicks patch for 2016 April Data.
    Have you added players via editor?

vCash
    Nope

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by MrFoo View Post
    do you have also selected USA or only republic of ireland?

vCash

Wib Wib

Hi.

What is the attitude of Wib Wob.

Is it a form of cheating?.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by trengt View Post
    Hi.

What is the attitude of Wib Wob.

Is it a form of cheating?.
    Not at all.

It's a feature of cm0102 but it's been explored and formations have been tested and it turned out that narrow formations (no wingers, no full backs) are very effective against the AI-teams.

Also, putting lots of players near the goal when attacking (WIB) and lots of players near your own goalkeeper when defending (WOB) helps a lot.

Besides, the AI doesn't use Wib-Wob so you can win easily, which takes away the fun.

That leaves you two options:

(1) Play default tactics against the computer operated teams. That's much more of a challenge than Wib-Wobbing against them!

(2) Use Wib-Wob and have the AI team also use WinWob tactics. That's a very realistic challenge.

You can download a strong AI pack here: https://champman0102.co.uk/downloads.php?do=file&id=311

vCash
    @Samsami

Thanks!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by samsami View Post
    Not at all.

It's a feature of cm0102 but it's been explored and formations have been tested and it turned out that narrow formations (no wingers, no full backs) are very effective against the AI-teams.

Also, putting lots of players near the goal when attacking (WIB) and lots of players near your own goalkeeper when defending (WOB) helps a lot.

Besides, the AI doesn't use Wib-Wob so you can win easily, which takes away the fun.

That leaves you two options:

(1) Play default tactics against the computer operated teams. That's much more of a challenge than Wib-Wobbing against them!

(2) Use Wib-Wob and have the AI team also use WinWob tactics. That's a very realistic challenge.

You can download a strong AI pack here: https://champman0102.co.uk/downloads.php?do=file&id=311
    How well does AI utilize wib/wob tactics? Does it result in more possession and shots on goal?

vCash
    Is there a way in the game to view competition rules? For example, how many loan players in the squad, how many foreign players etc?

Can't seem to find an easy way to figure this out!

vCash

Spotify list

Feel free to add some champman 01/02 songs

• - from 2001/2002
    • - football songs
    • - songs how you feel when playing cm 01/02
    • -songs about players/clubs from cm 01/02

https://open.spotify.com/playlist/33...RYOd3DStJK6mHQ

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by danny_bhoy67 View Post
    Is there a way in the game to view competition rules? For example, how many loan players in the squad, how many foreign players etc?

League guide. Look under the League Structure sections.

vCash
    Thanks for this. I take it there is nothing in the game itself that lets you see this information then?

I assume there is no updated version of this to go along with the most recent Saturn Patch, for example?

vCash
    Thanks for this. I take it there is nothing in the game itself that lets you see this information then?

I assume there is no updated version of this to go along with the most recent Saturn Patch, for example?
    No, but I think that would be an excellent project and I'd be happy to work with others on updating the guide.

vCash

I agree with you, it can be very difficult to find certain things in the game like competition rules, prize money figures, transfer window dates etc. I suggested a method of implementing something like this in the game here, but it didn't garner much interest (and I eventually lost interest in doing it too).

vCash
    has anyone got a .patch file exclusively for enabling relegation in the welsh league? (or any other method not involving olly, frankly)

I'm kind of certain it's possible as it has been done before (tapani 3.12, I think)

vCash
    Got Bury to Championship and they are still semi-pro, October update saturn v8+ nick's patcher 122. How to turn them pro?

vCash
    Replied to you in the shoutbox mate.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by AMC View Post
    Replied to you in the shoutbox mate.
    Tried it with Gk editor and get the ''run time error 6 overflow''. Running as admin and selected the right cm.exe file under options.

Edit. Solved it, dig trough the forum and found the answer, cheers!
    Last edited by MauroG; 25-11-19 at 06:34 PM.

vCash

Playing with each other without being in network game (Competition Suggestion)

Hey guys, we know network gaming is almost impossible cuz of lag or getting more than few players at same time for a game is hard.

So...

I'm going to suggest a way we can compete against each other in a league format.

Back in the day i played a lot of FIFA and on forums like this one the community created league system which could work in CM0102 to.

We used to connect to each other using hamachi and play friendies home and away.

Then we reported the results in a thread on the forums and the standings were created that way.

It worked cuz if a season was a month, you have 30 days to arrange day and hour with your opponents and play the games.

This could work here aswell.

Here is how:

We can start with a ChampMan Premier League including 8 or 10 teams depending on the interest.

Random draw for teams, we'll use only top teams from Europe.

Then we can use benchmark save in mid season and we'll connect and arrange friendlies home and away.

Later on we report the results in the current season thread and mods update the standings.

On the following season there will be a DRAFT phase where the manager who finished first in the Premier League can pick any team he wants, then the second manager, the 3rd and so on.

This is good way managers to get their hands on better teams and it is the most fair way!

Now i don't know how important are friendlies but that's the easiest and fastest way possible.

The rest of the rules we can figure it out later on, but u get the idea.

What do you guys think?
    Last edited by Aeelon; 03-12-19 at 05:01 PM.

vCash

Awkward/unusual braces/hat-tricks/hauls

Hello

Have anyone ever had the experience of scoring braces, hat-tricks or hauls in CM? Have you ever had seconds-long, or few-minutes-long spaces between scores?

Thought we could share some of these experiences here, if you would like.

vCash
    Hi all

I generally manage a top team so that I can play in the European competitions. Because of this I like to have a large squad so that I can compete in the CL and EPL. I generally like to have a CL squad and then players I class as my first team that are starters in the EPL. Because of this I am chopping and changing my team regularly depending on what my next match is. This can be time consuming. So my question is there a way to select players quicker, say save team and then load that team in or another way to avoid having to deselect and select the required players?
    Thanks

Sent from my GM1913 using Tapatalk