Page 11 of 123 FirstFirst ... 78910111213141521 ... LastLast

Thread: Questions and Comments that Don't Warrant a Thread

vCash
    Thanks alot dont want to loose this game tsigalko is pretty much the best thing about cm im breaking records every year with him

vCash

Move team from division to another

Hi all,
    i tried with CM Explorer but i've damaged a couple of sav data, so i think is better to ask to someone much more experienced than me on this issue.

I would like to move an italian team that is in a minor league to the lowest playable, in order to be able to manage it.

In the previous version i could do that simply going to the end of the first season as a free manager, and restarting the game various times before the June game update the team got promoted automatically so that i could start the second season with it.
    With the new September Update seems that the team never get promoted, maybe the ranking of the team is lower than the previous years, and i've restarted the game a lot of times without success.

There is someone that can help me with this? Maybe just sending me the sav data for that particular team.

Thanks in advance
    Alex

vCash
    just do it pre-game in the official editor and start a new save

vCash
    I've tried to swap a club but when i start a new game seems my changes are not picked...

Is the correct procedure?

- Swap clubs
    - Save from File option

vCash
    I've done it!
    The issue was with Win7 writing permission. Also if the editor was confirming the save, the files never got touched.

Thanks for the tip!

vCash
    with 18 leagues...i got bug on season 2057....but I guess its partially my fault as I deleted all saved games (I really have no explanation why), and left just only one...which failed to load (without error), but it just kept loading forever....

A little problem with that many leagues after a while, loading and saving tends to take some time...and here and there I found some glitches but nothing that stopped me from continuing until that freaking weird loading bug...

Now again, I'm playing 18 leagues...I got bug on World Club Competition in 13th season., but just few minutes ago, with help of forum admin, I managed to get past it...however without WCC

vCash
    Normally only 6-7 with 1 foreground rest background on max DB but started with 20 all foreground is running at a decent rate.

Mind you, I have Speed Adjuster applied so no need for a patch and probable crashes (don't care much for start year or colored attributes really).

vCash

Smile Updates and old save games

This might have already been covered in another discussion but here is my question. I have saves games which I am still playing. If I update to the September update will I still be able to play the old save games?

Thanks

vCash
    YES

Anarchia Unattached
    Apologies if this is the wrong thread to ask in or if this has been covered elsewhere, but this has been seriously bugging me since I started a new game a couple of days ago with the Sept. 2012 update.

1) My physio says Koscielny has arthritis and asks me to send him for rehab. But every time I do so, the idiot consults a 'faith healer' and returns in a few weeks' time - with the condition still persistent! Now this has happened 3 times without him being cured. How do you resolve this stand-off?

2) A message said that the club would be given 20m GBP as insurance payoff following Diaby's retirement following yet another injury layoff. :facepalm: Yet, it never showed up in the balance sheet. Mistake on my part, mistake on CPU's part, or did the virtual versions of Peter Hill-Wood & co. act like their real-life money-grabbing counterparts? :mad-new:

EDIT - Here are screenshots of Koscielny's situation. Unfortunately, can't find the Diaby message because it seems the game doesn't store messages from 2 months ago.

In order, the player returns from rehab, my physio checks him out immediately & finds out the condition hasn't been cured, and the defender departs for yet another session.

Koscielny's Faith-Healing Sessions (Part 2).jpgKoscielny's Faith-Healing Sessions (Part 3).jpgKoscielny's Faith-Healing Sessions (Part 5).jpg
    Last edited by Anarchia; 17-10-12 at 07:20 AM. Reason: Added screenshots for clarity.

vCash
    Awesome stuff, never seen both of those

Glenn Hoddle and Marvin Andrews have a lot to answer for in terms of faith healers being in the game!

vCash
    Screenies or it didnt happen!!

vCash
    Does playing a young player for the national team help speed up his development as a player if he is struggling to improve at his club due to bad facilities etc?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Coys View Post
    Does playing a young player for the national team help speed up his development as a player if he is struggling to improve at his club due to bad facilities etc?
    Probably. Any game time is good for a players development.

vCash
    Asking because in some saves i enjoy managing a club and nation at same time. So if i was Spurs and England manager and let's say i spotted a gem in the lower leagues, if i kept playing him for england he'd improve faster then he would training and playing games at barnet?

Anarchia Unattached
    Quote Originally Posted by wato20 View Post
    Screenies or it didnt happen!!
    Point taken; edited the previous post accordingly.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Anarchia View Post
    2) A message said that the club would be given 20m GBP as insurance payoff following Diaby's retirement following yet another injury layoff. :facepalm: Yet, it never showed up in the balance sheet. Mistake on my part, mistake on CPU's part, or did the virtual versions of Peter Hill-Wood & co. act like their real-life money-grabbing counterparts? :mad-new:
    Seems that CM cheats!

vCash
    1. What are the advantages (and non-obvious disadvantages) of setting the database to max? Same question for selecting multiple leagues. I always played on medium, with no extra leagues except the lower ones: Serie A + Serie B (+ sometimes the Cs)

2. Does saving compressed or setting max database increase the chances of the game (no patches) crashing later on? Happened to me a couple of times, but I don't remember whether I used editors or altered saved games.

3. Does the AI actually "crack" your tactics? I remember reading something about this on the old forum; that you should change your tactics every number of years. From my experience (standard tactics, usually 4-4-2), I do somehow manage to win less in the later years, even though overall team quality is better.

vCash
    1. More players, advantage. Can't think of a disadvantage other than slowing the game down.
    2. I don't think it does.
    3. I've never put much faith in that, to be honest. What the AI does do is slip in some rigged games where you get thrashed for no apparent reason; or supergoalies where the opposing GK somehow saves all your 20 shots on target and then the other team scores once and you're done; or idiot-goalies where your GK concedes 2+ goals in the space of 10 minutes and drops to a 4 and you have to sub him if you want to have any chance at turning it around.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by mihaio07 View Post
    1. What are the advantages (and non-obvious disadvantages) of setting the database to max? Same question for selecting multiple leagues. I always played on medium, with no extra leagues except the lower ones: Serie A + Serie B (+ sometimes the Cs)
    Main advantage is more players and clubs load. On Normal DB you wouldn't be able to manage a lot of nations even using Dirty Editor as the majority or smaller nations wouldn't have the minimum amount of players required to prevent crashing (23 or 26 based on the comp).

Players that may generally load on Max DB in clubs in unplayable leagues (China, Qatar, Uruguay etc.) are not assured to load on Normal or Min DB size.

Selecting more leagues again loads more players only this time a hell of a lot more given if you played Ita, Ger, Spa and Fra normally, adding Eng and Rus would add another 2-3k players guaranteed to be available when you load the game.

2. Does saving compressed or setting max database increase the chances of the game (no patches) crashing later on? Happened to me a couple of times, but I don't remember whether I used editors or altered saved games.
    Saving compressed is the default setting so should in theory be better. The majority of crashes occur with a patched game as opposed to unpatched so that is more of a an issue with crashes than whether save compressed or uncompressed. Saving uncompressed will mean a save game will reach the maximum size quicker (700mb iirc) and that is almost a certain cause of a crash.

And add on to query #1 would be that on Normal DB, the max size of a save file will be reached a lot slower given the amount of data is far smaller.

3. Does the AI actually "crack" your tactics? I remember reading something about this on the old forum; that you should change your tactics every number of years. From my experience (standard tactics, usually 4-4-2), I do somehow manage to win less in the later years, even though overall team quality is better.
    I think the AI 'cracking' a tactic is more paranoia than anything. Remember, whilst you are managing your team and tactic starts a season well, the other teams players are improving also i.e. they are generally improving from there CA when they load towards their PA so a team you played earlier in the season could be quiet a bit better than when you played them earlier in the season.

Whilst the AI does indeed change their tactics during a game to counter your's, cracking is your tactic is a bit ott in terms of what happens.

As the years advance regens appear and as it's well known, Positioning tends to be higher in regens meaning tactics will be just less efficient by default

vCash

Championship Manger Question: Please Help!

Hi,

Can anyone tell me the difference between setting the background matches to 'Normal' or 'High' on the Championship Manager Settings? Even when I have background matched turned off I can still view the live scores in matches being played the same time as me. How does this option work?

Cheers,

Sam

vCash
    The background matches size settings are in relation to the volume of game reports/details stored in the game. If you have 5000 selected and 20 leagues, you would only be able to view the match report/details up until January or February the previous season. With more selected, say 10000 or 20000, you can click on the result and see the match details and reports from further back in the calendar

vCash
    I remember a few years a go i used to love send my club on a pre season tour. Then i started arranging my own friendlies istead, until recently i wanted to go on tours again but when i go to select somewhere to go, there is nowhere?

Does this happen to everybody? Is there a way of changing this?

vCash
    Hi Dermotron,

Thanks for the reply,

I thought that was matches stored not background matches that was the facility to look back at past matches?

Sam

kmayonaise Unattached

HELP

Hello Everyone
    Believe it or not its my first time playing this game. Stumbled on the free download so i dont have any patches or updates. Anyway my Question is ;
    1- What is the best formation to use (fav team Lazio-serie A) and what tactics would go with that(read alot of WIB WOB in other threads but i dont know what that means)
    2- i wont use the updates so what are the best players to buy now that willl be relevant by the time i get to modern day 2012 in the game
    3- Any Coaches you recommend please
    4 Training schedules i could you best that would improve the team

Thank you

Page 11 of 123 FirstFirst ... 78910111213141521 ... LastLast