Page 128 of 130 FirstFirst ... 118124125126127128129130 LastLast
Results 3,176 to 3,200 of 3237

Thread: Questions and Comments that Don't Warrant a Thread

Quote Originally Posted by jackyboi90 View Post
    Hi guys, in need of some prompt assistance. My laptop is about to die but I donít want to lose my current save. What is the best way to save it? Save it to a USB? Then what do I do when I get a new pc? Where do I copy it to?
    save to usb, copy it to the game folder

Could someone point me to the creativity and positioning fixes? Thanks in advance.

Quote Originally Posted by foo_jam2002 View Post
    But what should i do about the positioning bug?
    its not savegame compatible. Try just the creativity patch and see if that helps.

Also, when is it a good time to apply these 2 fixes when i start a new game? I guess when lack of goals start to happen.
    No, the best time is before you create a new savegame. However the creativity patch can be applied later too.

Update: Can you point me to this patcher tool? I can't find it.
    Could someone point me to the creativity and positioning fixes? Thanks in advance.
    They are all in this patcher https://champman0102.co.uk/showthread.php?t=11661

The positioning fix is the "Tapani regens" checkbox.
    The creativity fix is in the misc patches section (unlock your creativity patch)

however if you are playing with .60 version of the game instead of .68 then both patches aren't compatible. But I may create a patch for the creativity bug for .60 too as the bug is also present there.

A patch for ODB would indeed be a great help for a lot of players, the ideal would be 2 fixes for the .60. I will try the creativity fix and see if something changes.

I am an idiot because i had my saves just before this bugged season starts and i overwrote them with the team in the brink of destruction

But i seriously think to start my next game on 3.9.68 so i can apply both fixes. Thank you MadScientist.

Update: i found the creativity patch here and it's yours:

https://champman0102.co.uk/showthrea...035#post464035
    Last edited by foo_jam2002; 17-10-20 at 11:42 AM.

What are the attributes to look out for per position?

Quote Originally Posted by Nero View Post
    What are the attributes to look out for per position?
    This may help

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Redknapp69 For This Useful Post:

What is the difference between "full back" and "wing back" when using the comparing player tool in game? Is one just more attacking then the other?

I ve got Joinville in Brazil and brought them to Serie A and played Libertadores.
    I have a B team , but would like to have a "sister" team in Serie C (or B on long term?) to see how my young guns are doing there. Sell my reserve players there too. Benefit from the scouting system etc....

Is that a good idea to have 0 players in my B team ?

How about regens of staff like Dir of Football or General Managers?. Managees, coaches, Ass Man and also chairmen they have , but the others?

ODB, 3.9.60 - is there a way to get more transfer money in Sweden? Iím playing with Djurgarden, couple of years in, my balance is around 60M, I got only 6.5-7M for transfers. When I ask the board for more, they just raise it to 7.5M or so.

Quote Originally Posted by Ratio View Post
    How about regens of staff like Dir of Football or General Managers?. Managees, coaches, Ass Man and also chairmen they have , but the others?
    Yes. Everyone will regen when they retire. It used to be possible to find an amazing Scottish coach at the end of the first season when Sir Alex retired

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by bartuc View Post
    ODB, 3.9.60 - is there a way to get more transfer money in Sweden? Iím playing with Djurgarden, couple of years in, my balance is around 60M, I got only 6.5-7M for transfers. When I ask the board for more, they just raise it to 7.5M or so.
    Only by increasing the league reputation and prize money
    The artist formally known as The Eejit

Quote Originally Posted by Simferopol View Post
    I ve got Joinville in Brazil and brought them to Serie A and played Libertadores.
    I have a B team , but would like to have a "sister" team in Serie C (or B on long term?) to see how my young guns are doing there. Sell my reserve players there too. Benefit from the scouting system etc....

Is that a good idea to have 0 players in my B team ?
    I'm not sure that I understand. I didn't think that there were "B" teams in Brazil, only Germany, Spain and Portugal. Do you mean you currently have a reserve team ?

The two problems with having no players in your reserve team
    • Your first team players will start to complain about the small squad size
    • If you have any injuries or suspensions, you wont be able to call up replacements

When you set up this "sister" team, how are you planning on controlling it ? Will you add a second manager to manage them ? You may still have problems in getting players to accept a transfer or loan to a club 2 leagues lower and there is no guarantee that they will want to move back. I have tried this and was not very successful

Quote Originally Posted by Redknapp69 View Post
    This may help

I always thought positioning was very important for defensive players and off the ball for offensive players.

The above was something that Beezer put together - i'm sure others have different thoughts

I agree I rate "positioning" high when looking for defenders

Anyone help me out? I'm trying to get an international job to run alongside my save. Currently rangers, won last 2 champ leagues. My reputation is number 2 in the world, iv applied for numerous national team jobs that come up but never get them. Anyone know why? Iv applied for Scotland, Sweden, Italy, France, Holland, Spain and England.

Quote Originally Posted by pleslie999 View Post
    Anyone help me out? I'm trying to get an international job to run alongside my save. Currently rangers, won last 2 champ leagues. My reputation is number 2 in the world, iv applied for numerous national team jobs that come up but never get them. Anyone know why? Iv applied for Scotland, Sweden, Italy, France, Holland, Spain and England.
    Do you have any patches like Tapani/Saturn/Nick applied?

If not then a known bug

No patches applied just original game. Cheers, had assumed a bug of some sort, iv been able to get international jobs during others saves.

No patches applied just original game. Cheers, had assumed a bug of some sort, iv been able to get international jobs during others saves.
    Firstly, if you are managing Rangers, I have no sympathy and you deserve everything bad that the game throws at you

On the basic game you will be hit by 2 problems. Firstly there is the language issue. It is virtually impossible to get a job of any sort if you don't speak the national language which is fixed by applying one of the latest patches (I would recommended Nick's Patch as it is more granular and can be applied to any base game) or you could use the GK Editor to edit your nationality to be that of the country that you want to manage.

Secondly, on the base game, your own CA (current ability) and PA (potential ability) are set random at the start of the game and never change no matter how well you do. If you have been unlucky to get a very low CA/PA at the start of the game, you would be lucky to get a job with East Stirlingshire, let alone a national team and it won't matter how many Champions Leagues you win. As you say you can't get the Scotland job, you must be hitting this bug. Again the patches will fix this, but not for the current save. For that, the only option is to use the GK editor to increase your own CA/PA. Make them both 200 and you will get any job you like (providing you have applied the patch to the first issue, or changed your own nationality

Does anyone else find in the latest updated db that there are a lot of goals scored?

Quote Originally Posted by Nero View Post
    Does anyone else find in the latest updated db that there are a lot of goals scored?
    Yes, but no more so than on other versions

Hello, how soon will it be possible to download the data updates for the 2020-21 season?

Quote Originally Posted by wogboy View Post
    Hello, how soon will it be possible to download the data updates for the 2020-21 season?
    Keep an eye on the Data Updates forum - https://champman0102.co.uk/forumdisplay.php?f=11

Probably November (maybe)

Hi, i am playing cm 01/02 with the march 2020 update and the nick's v2.07 patch. Everytime i save a game and load it back again my game crashes. Does annyone else have this problem or a solution for it?

I'm playing build 3.9.68T TapaniPatch v2.21

After getting my finances quite high (cant remember the number but it was over 2-3B I think), it reset to say 0 (216M for transfers). I used CM Explorer and it said my finances were at -2.1B. This is quite frustrating. I changed it to positive 2.1B and kept playing. Is this just going to happen again when I hit a certain amount? Can I set it higher than that number to bypass it or something? It doesnt feel right wiping off a billion every few years to keep the game recognising my finances. It also makes it feel like money doesnt matter anymore because I know I'm just going to lose it anyway. I know once you have that much it doesnt really matter anyway, but seeing it go as high as you can get it is at least a little satisfying.

If you exceed 2.147B it will reset. And I don't recommend using CMexplorer, from my experience it will eventually mess up the save.