Page 82 of 84 FirstFirst ... 7278798081828384 LastLast
Results 2,026 to 2,050 of 2079

Thread: Questions and Comments that Don't Warrant a Thread

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Dermotron View Post
    There are real referee names used. Into the future the referees regenerate too with random names
    But I am only in season three, have all the original officials retired?

vCash
    Some will have yes

vCash
    I just want to rant as it still pains me to loose the champions league final and the european cup final both at the penalty shootout... oh my! lol. (me: Benfica and Portugal vs Rome and Italy).

vCash
    The curse of Bella Guttmann is coded into the game
    The artist formally known as The Eejit

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Kingsley For This Useful Post:

AMC

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Kingsley View Post
    The curse of Bella Guttmann is coded into the game
    Actually it isn't... I already won a champions league 2 seasons ago... yes, I needed a miracle to win it and an adversary that should not be there (against Wisla, came back from 0-2 to 2-2 with a penalty in the 90th minute and the winning goal came near the end of the overtime).

But you can say that the no team has won two rounds on a row at an european cup at the penalty shootout is hard coded... I won against Holand in the semis in the penaltys, so...

I found it funny that I almost was european champion twice in the same year, lost the game in the same way both times! lol
    Last edited by troza; 08-11-17 at 09:55 AM.

vCash
    Please correct me if I'm wrong but Tapani 2.21.1 is the most up to date patch for a 01/02 start.

What are the chances of being able to use Saturns' patch on a 01/02 start in the future?
    Last edited by Fitton; 13-11-17 at 09:07 AM.

vCash
    0%. But you can add things to the Tapani patch yourself by downloading Patches.zip and seeing how certain things are done.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to saturn For This Useful Post:

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Fitton View Post
    Please correct me if I'm wrong but Tapani 2.21.1 is the most up to date patch for a 01/02 start.

What are the chances of being able to use Saturns' patch on a 01/02 start in the future?
    No, saturn's v4 based is based on 2.21.1 and has implemented even more into it.
    The Alphabet Game #3
    Try your luck at winning any trophy in your game but you must go in order from A-Z in the alphabet!
    Click here to find out more and join in!

vCash
    Is anyone able to screen shot where players go for successful wib wobbing? I'm new to this and way out if my depth. I've tried it myself but think I've done it wrong as not having much success with my team,

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

vCash
    I think the best way is to download some successful tactics and study them in the game or with a tactics tool. Also, check out this thread:

http://champman0102.co.uk/showthread.php?t=8004

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Felix For This Useful Post:

vCash
    I'm managing a swedish team and have hade some successful runs in CL which had gotten me a fair amount of money. The thing is though that after every season my board spends a lot of it expanding my stadium. Recently they expanded it from about 42.000 seats to 49.000. I have never had more than 30.000 attenders on a game though. Why do they keep expanding and is there like an attribute in the editor that makes them do this until a certain level or will they just keep spending my money until I have the biggest stadium in the world?

GFRay is online now Member of the Month
    Tactics Mod
    UML Mod
    VIP
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Felix View Post
    I'm managing a swedish team and have hade some successful runs in CL which had gotten me a fair amount of money. The thing is though that after every season my board spends a lot of it expanding my stadium. Recently they expanded it from about 42.000 seats to 49.000. I have never had more than 30.000 attenders on a game though. Why do they keep expanding and is there like an attribute in the editor that makes them do this until a certain level or will they just keep spending my money until I have the biggest stadium in the world?
    There is an expansion capacity figure in the editor for your stadium. If there is money and when your club reputation grows, the board will keep extending until they reach the max capacity regardless of how many attendance you really get.

16. The Following User Says Thank You to GFRay For This Useful Post:

vCash
    Thanks, makes some sense I guess. Although I would like to listen to that board meeting...

"So, our average was 22.069 attendees in our stadium with 42.000 seats. How about expanding the stadium?"

18. The Following User Says Thank You to Felix For This Useful Post:

Tactics Mod
    UML Mod
    VIP
    vCash
    If you win more silverware, your club's reputation will grow and eventually that will mean more attendance. So it's more of a long term investment from the board I suppose.

vCash
    After the recent maintenance outage, the forum no longer shows the top section with the 'most active' users, 'most read' threads, and 'most recent' posts. That section was very helpful in navigating what's trending and keeping up with the latest posts.

Is this a conscious decision by the admins or is it a bug they are working on?

21. The Following User Says Thank You to KL1 For This Useful Post:

Tactics Mod
    UML Mod
    VIP
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by KL1 View Post
    After the recent maintenance outage, the forum no longer shows the top section with the 'most active' users, 'most read' threads, and 'most recent' posts. That section was very helpful in navigating what's trending and keeping up with the latest posts.

Is this a conscious decision by the admins or is it a bug they are working on?
    It's probably a feature that hasn't been enabled yet just as the shoutbox. Mark said he's working on it to get it back.

23. The Following User Says Thank You to GFRay For This Useful Post:

KL1

vCash
    I'm struggling with my latest game and was hoping wib wob would help. When I do this do I put lots of bodies forward on all of the boxes? Eg on the left, middle and right? Is that what you need to do to wib wob successfully? ATM I'm only wib wobbing the middle boxes

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by jackyboi90 View Post
    I'm struggling with my latest game and was hoping wib wob would help. When I do this do I put lots of bodies forward on all of the boxes? Eg on the left, middle and right? Is that what you need to do to wib wob successfully? ATM I'm only wib wobbing the middle boxes
    Instead of someone trying to explain all this, I recommend download a tactic from the tactics section, and take some inspiration/ideas from it.

26. The Following User Says Thank You to AtomicAnt For This Useful Post:

Tactics Mod
    UML Mod
    VIP
    vCash

Well there are a lot of ways to succesfully wibwob. But two things seem to work for all tactics.

1. Have your players clumped up in your own penalty area on the lowest middle WOB box.
    2. Have your players clumped up in the opponents penalty are on the highest middle WIB box.

If you really want to have success with wibwob you should make changes in ALL the boxes i.m.o. Just take the middle boxes you've done as example and mirror them on the left and right side.

28. The Following User Says Thank You to GFRay For This Useful Post:

vCash
    Thanks guys! I'm a novice with this so appreciate the help.
    With the middle wib box you just spread the players out and don't have more than one player in the centre? That's what I've read on here a bit

Tactics Mod
    UML Mod
    VIP
    vCash
    Thanks guys! I'm a novice with this so appreciate the help.
    With the middle wib box you just spread the players out and don't have more than one player in the centre? That's what I've read on here a bit

In the wib boxes you want your players spread, but also as narrow as possible (especially fullbacks) and not more than 1 player in the middle of the box.

31. The Following User Says Thank You to GFRay For This Useful Post:

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by GFRay View Post
    If you win more silverware, your club's reputation will grow and eventually that will mean more attendance. So it's more of a long term investment from the board I suppose.
    Seems like I am just throwing my papers in the sea though. I share my stadium with another club that has money issues. So as my board invests money every season to expand it, it still shrinks because of their bad balances.

33. The Following User Says Thank You to Felix For This Useful Post:

Tactics Mod
    UML Mod
    VIP
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Felix View Post
    Seems like I am just throwing my papers in the sea though. I share my stadium with another club that has money issues. So as my board invests money every season to expand it, it still shrinks because of their bad balances.
    Throw them out!!

vCash
    Any idea why my board suddenly got beef with Firmino?

He's never said a bad word and is very happy

He has gone through a quieter spell of late but still doing well?

Anything to do with them wanting Aubameyang/Pulisic in? (but they have wanted this from the outset)

I'm just baffled why they seem to have turned on him?!

Any ideas?!

vCash
    I have played this game more than anything in my life. My absolute favorite game. Nice to see such a big fanbase keeping it alive! A couple of days ago I downloaded the latest tapani patch. I have never tried anything other than the original game and I wanted a different challenge. The original database I knew (patched ofc), was something I knew everythig about and now I feel like such a noob. So I have some questions in that regard.

I started a save as Juventus Manager and have noticed some differences here and there.

1.) I absolutly love the aspect of buying and selling and getting my team younger and more talented. I started as I always do after taking a look at my squad, shortlisting and bidding for players I want. Found a couple of gems I wanted to replace ageing players like Cuardado, Douglas Costa (leaving Juve for Bayern M. on Free Transfer) and Mandzukic with. Locadia, Dolberg and Lemar got me fired up and these three were those I wanted the most. Now, what I noticed was that it took an extremely long time to get an answer from the "selling club". I can remember from the old days that if you bid on an extreme amount of players it could take a long time to get a replay for every bid, but it sort of felt even longer now, is it just me or is negotiating something that takes longer time now than before?

2.) How does the economics work after the latest tapani patch? After a few weeks of playing PSG came along with a bid 20M for Higuain. He was pretty weak on the numbers and only worth half of that, and old. Firstly, what I noticed was that it seemed like all the players seemed a lot worse than on the original game (attributes). I was actually shocked by how crap the players were. Before the Juve save I tried a save in the Norwegian top division and the players were absolutely horrifying. So bad. Much much worse than in the OD. In the Tapani patch they were pretty much like in real life, so kudos for that. Now, back to Italy, I know that a few months in, pretty much all players become a lot better and this happened in the new patch also. Six months in and now I see world class or soon to be world beaters all over the place. I accepted the offer for Higuain and sold him. But I am still unsure if money moves around in the same way as in the old days, my players seem to be worth less and harder to sell. (?)

3.) Gigi Buffon retired a season early and I needed to invest in a new goalie. That was a shocker. But I got his regen I think. In attack after selling Higuain I ended up buying Locadia and Dolberg. I couldn't get Lemar because my board are not willing to give me money to buy for. I've added several managers and tried different things but have had the same results with both AC Milan's and Inter Milan's Chairmen/Boards. I don't remember the numbers 100% rights now but I've had between 25M and 35M on the books with only 800K - 6M in transfer budget. Why won't they let me spend more?

4.) In November Man City came along and after negotiations bid 40M + 25% next sale for Dybala. I can't remember selling anyone for this much to the CPU. (Maybe Patrick Vieira from Arsenal to Real Madrid) But again, is this now a good or bad deal? I mean, if I could get Lemar/Belotti/Werner for 20M and Berardi/Fekir/Plea for 15M it would be a no brainer for me. (Unless ofc a player like Dybala is now worth like 100M+++) What I worry about is buying one of these players and ending up with 40M+ in the club with only a few millions to buy for. If I can't use the Dybala money straight away this transfer becomes meaningless. Is the reason behind it that if I get a couple more millions in, like 50M, then almost all of it will be available for me to buy _one_ superstar player like Romelu Lukaku, because the Chairman only wants the absolute best players due to the reputation of the club?

5.) Tactics, is there any change to the effectiveness of the different formations? Is it still best too use a narrow formation without wingers? Attacking and no pressing? I actually downloaded some tactics with wib/wob from the download section, first time for this aswell. Wanted to see what others had made. Most seemed the same tactically even though the formations differ from each other. An other thing I noticed was that almost all tactics used "hard" tackling. Is this a thing? I have never used that before, trying to limit red cards and injuries which more often happens with hard tackling. (I don't really know if that is true statistically, more of a feeling/guess)

6.) Regarding to the question over, I have had an extreme(!) amount of red cards. Like 10-11 red cards in 20 games. Changing to "normal" tackling didn't seem to help either. 75% of the red cards are "pushing opponent" and a direct red. Injuries happen more, I have already ended three games with 9 players because of red cards and injuries after my last sub. In one of the games I subbed on a player in the 60'th minute and the very same player got a red card after yes, 60 minutes. In the game report he was subbed in, pushed an opponent and got a direct red card, setting me up up for a new sub in the same minute.

7.) I downloaded a great deal of pictures, and the loading is sooo slow, is it because of the pics? My computer is trash, so it was probably stupid to download them.

8.) I might have found an error/bug. I was looking at a Norwegian player in the Norwegian league and he had a greek last name. Actually the team had two players with the same last name. "Tsifrikas", I tried a search and found 8-9(?) other players with the same last name, all Norwegians with the right first name. All of them I suspect should be named "Hagen". So Steffen Tsifrikas on Odds BK is really Steffen Hagen.

You guys are great! Keep up the good work and sorry for the heavy number of questions. :-)