Page 20 of 24 FirstFirst ... 10161718192021222324 LastLast

Thread: [STORY] A Golden and Fearless Ambition

Oh Man it's good to be back!!! All the best to Niko also!

Envoyé de mon iPhone à l'aide de Tapatalk

Oh and i forgot to ask, is nico gone for good or will he come back as for example manager of rival team?

Quote Originally Posted by Kowalinho View Post
    Oh and i forgot to ask, is nico gone for good or will he come back as for example manager of rival team?
    Nico?

Dunno who Nico is

Niko - if that is whom you are enquiring about - is something you will have to wait to hear from

New Kit, New Sponsor, Familiar Faces

Newark Athletic is proud to reveal their new home and away kits for their debut season in the Premier League and UEFA Cup, in what is the fourth year of their contract with sports manufacturer Adidas.

For the final season under Niko Bergstrom, this well be the first time that Newark Athletic will be sponsored by Kellogg’s in promoting a healthy breakfast meal in our new promotion of Healthy Eating.

The club is also reverting back to their original home colours after their EA deal has finished over successful four year tenure. In which Adidas has revealed that the theme was ‘simplistic yet traditional’, promoting the club’s resurgence on par with others in the Barclay Premier League.

Alongside the new kit, we are so happy to welcome back a few more faces back into the squad as Diarmuid O’Toibin was welcomed back for £500k after publicly announcing his desire to leave for a Premier League club, in evoking Newark’s buy-back option.

The winger was brought back with Mexican Under-21 starlet Jose Hernandez (for £75k after being involved with the drug cartel allowed the club to pay for his bail, legal payments and his contract termination) and Artur Vasily (for £475k after being publicly declared as the owner’s illegitimate son).

BUT that wasn’t all that Newark Athletic will like to announce to fans, as the Board has agreed to a stadium expansion in the spirit of the new ways of the club:

With this expansion the club will have a larger attendance, hoping that future match day revenue from ticket sales will hope to add more money for Riley Bartley when he takes over from Mr. Bergstrom next summer.

Bergstrom is in talks about having another role within the club after his departure, though these are just hopeful talks at this moment in the early season.

Unfortunately the signatures of Zannit, Liam, Shepard and others wasn’t able to be agreed upon and the departures of Matt Tubbs to Sheffield Wednesday (£775k), Alex Nicholls to Doncaster (Bosman), David Marshall to Leiscester (£975k), Franco Vazquez to Arsenal de Sarandi (£1.9m) and Rueben Noble-Lazarus to Barnsley (£1m) will allow Bergstrom to include keen youngsters from the club’s impressive Academy for the future generations to continue on.

For more breaking news about Newark Athletic – say tuned to NewarkAthletic.com!

Nice outfit ! What have the players done away from Newark ? Was Zbimg successful in Brazil ?

Quote Originally Posted by Baron Zbimg View Post
    Nice outfit ! What have the players done away from Newark ? Was Zbimg successful in Brazil ?

You were there for like six months, played 1 game and scored but was homesick

Charity Shield Preview: Arsenal vs. Newark Athletic

It what would be a repeat of Newark’s triumphant replay of last season’s League Cup Quarter Final as Arsenal look favourites – once again – as they look to add to last season’s first trophy in the last decade with their Premiership Championship season.

It is a tale of two teams, or seemingly so, as Arsenal hope to add a second accolade under Steve Clarke, whereas Newark are looking for the perfect start for their send off to manager Niko Bergstrom in his final season at the club.

Newark have won 4 titles in as many years (BlueSquare Premier League, Sky Bet League Two, Sky Bet League One and Sky Bet Championship) and has won 3 cups alongside that, only missing out of the FA Trophy after a gruelling replay.

Newark’s rise since their initial establishment in 2012 has been a success story under the sole management of Niko Bergstrom, as Arsenal fans had to a decade for any inkling of success and two managers to be able to meet Newark Athletic for a second time in the last year.

Debutants!

But Steve Clarke hopes that summer signings of Isco from Malaga and Marc Muinesa from Barcelona will push on the team as the shocking signing of Luis Suarez from Liverpool will be the man to watch.

Suarez switched from Merseyside after scoring 154 goals in 200 games after the team failed once again to break into the top 4 after 4 years of trying. What was more shocking was the £10.5 million spent to bring him to London, just £500k less than what Aresnal spend on Muinesa.

Newark on the other hand have spent money on former players, in which Bergstrom brought back 10 players for only £2.9million thanks to specific clauses made within in the transfers out – an amount they easily made a profit from thanks to just 4 sales this summer, accounting up to £3.6 million.

Stats!

Fans will no doubt be disappointed with Niko’s decision to leave the club after a tremendous record with his attacking approach to the game. The club scored a record 134 goals last season, and with all-time top goal scorer Lorenzo Zbimg back after a six month absence, in which he scored 115 goals in 145 games before leaving, it will add more prospects for the 120 miles their fans will have to travel.

But it is also Bergstrom’s win record that adds more fuel to the fire as he has won 163 games in 231 – a win percentage of 70.5% (second best in the world!) - Which includes winning 3 out of 4 Cup finals.

Clarke, on the other hand, has only been with Arsenal for over a year after taking over last May after David Moyes was sacked. In his first season Clarke got Arsenal into the Quarter Finals of the League Cup in which they lost on penalties to Niko’s Newark and the Semi-Final of the FA Cup in which they lost, once again, on penalties to rivals Chelsea. But was able to win the Barclay’s Premier League by 5 points over second placed Chelsea.

Tactics!

Arsenal have been deploying a defensive 4-5-1 formation during their preseason tour of Germany in both their 0-0 draw against Schalke and their 2-1 over Werder Bremen, though this was without their latest striker Suarez arriving at the club:

For Bergstrom, it is a hard one to determine. Last season Newark were deployed with a conventional 4-3-3, though with the recent signings of Kowalinho, Zbimg and the resurgence of striker Van der Voom towards the latter half, it is unknown if he will play the same tactic or will he try a simple 4-4-2:

To watch the game itself, tune in on Sunday 14th August from overage starting at 12:00pm on SkySports 1HD and 13D.

A reminder that every single update/post of this story is linked one-by-one in the first post of the story. Allows people to catch-up, begin to read, or even (though unlikely) re-read

Happens instantly after the post is made !

The return of BranFlake, but I think that the Arsenal sponsor is a bit rude

Good to see this back. Come on the ....... (do Newark have a nickname ?)
    The artist formally known as The Eejit

Just look at that centre half partnership. Like Rolls and Royce!

Come on you....er.... Brannies? Flakies?

Just hold on a wee minute here ! WTF is going on ?

First thing that the club captain knows that he is dropped is when he reads about it in some random website

*Unhappy with his manager

Quote Originally Posted by The Eejit View Post
    The return of BranFlake, but I think that the Arsenal sponsor is a bit rude

Good to see this back. Come on the ....... (do Newark have a nickname ?)
    You have been at the club for 4 years and yet you still don't know?

And yet moan about POSSIBLY being replaced as captain?

Niko has tried to contact you, but you have been still 'celebrating' with Pixie Lott and Frankie Bridge.

Also peeps, the SkySports is a 'possible' starting 11, nothing has been set in stone yet

I've been through the whole story (excellent read) and I can't find a nickname mentioned. I bet it is something boring like "Latics" or "Newarkers". Maybe the "J-Zees" or "Alicias" as they sang about the town in Empire State of Mind"

I'll take my coat.

It's "The Vipers"...

It's 'Fearless Warriors', hence 'Fearless' in the title and in the previous carnations it's been called Fearless Warriors.

“If it’s a glorified friendly, then I guess I am a glory hunter” – Newark Athletic pragmatic Manager Niko Bergstrom says before Glorious start of Final Campaign

• Start of his fifth and final season in charge of club
    • Talks about the resigning of former Youth Products
    • Highlights possible ventures for the future
    • Niko: ‘I am as scared of Suarez, as I am of a rabid dog!’
    • Relationship with a global superstar: ‘I would like to think I am adored by millions around the world too!’

By Ben Dover N’Taykit
    Published: Mailone, 22:23, 8th August 2005

In just shy of six days, the world of football will have their eyes set on watching the final season of one of the most unusual, eccentric and talented managers to ever graced the English game: Niko Bergstrom.

Despite the fact that most footballers normally retire at the age of 36, it seems that hasn’t stop Niko, 30, of ending his managerial career for a second time despite only have ten years’ experience under his belt.

Another possible trophy to add to the ever-growing cabinet at the Boltsky Stadium

For Niko it’s a simple decision to make: his personal life is more ‘normal’ (judged against his last few years), he’s romantic life is set and he has as much money as he could bare to have!

But that isn’t a surprise after getting Newark Athletic – prominently nicknamed ‘Fearless Warriors’ – into the limelights of Premier League football in under four years as well as the UEFA Cup, thanks to a treble winning campaign last year, but that isn’t the reason why Niko is hanging his pen and pad up.

“They always say to retire when you have had your glory days – but why? What, so that you can add a stupid amount of expectation on the person replacing you? F**K off!”

The ever media shy man blurted out on a tyrannical rant, as humble as one would expect from someone with his kind of personality.

“This season would be great for me – I can either give Riley [Bartley – Niko’s assistant and eventual replacement] a winning squad or a bunch of losers – I am fine, I have gone. My history was last season; I have no clear obligation for this season but not to f**k up!”

Niko, who was reminded not to constantly swear, is someone with a simple taste – despite his history – and that is what drives him on in management.

“I am a loyal person, if the club NEEDED me I would continue, but if the club WANTED me then I would go. I was hired to do a job and I’ve accomplished it, my need to be at the Boltsky Stadium is gone! It is Riley’s opportunity, I am now just the guy whose going to enjoy being the man in charge!”

Niko’s Replacement: ‘It is Riley’s opportunity!’

But despite that, his honesty shows a rather contradictive perspective went asked about the chance of further victorious trophies this season – of course starting from Sunday’s game against Arsenal.

“I am not a plonker! Of course we are fighting for the frigging thing! Some say ‘it’s a glorified friendly’, well that is for losers! I guess you can call me a glory hunter, because I am a winner!”

His enthusiasm isn’t dented from the prospect of facing against Arsenal’s new attacking starlet – Luis Suarez.

“I am as scared of Suarez, as I am of a rabid dog – and I am a clone of human perfection, meaning that rabid dog is more scared of me!”

Even though the prospect of facing Suarez hasn’t unnevered the youngster Football Manager ever, it was the questioning of such that did.

“I am sorry to say this: but you a f**king arsehole! You speak of Suarez, but fail to mention the amazing talent that Newark has? A team that has won more in four years than Arsenal have in a decade? F**k off!”

Suarez should be scared of Niko’s team: though he dislikes the disrespect of his side

After another gentle reminder about not swearing, and another cigarette, Niko soon elaborates.

“I want this season to be the final swansong of the identity I built at this club – meaning the return of players that started here as I did – but everyone has seemed to fail that! We have Lorenzo [Zbimg] who’s scored 116 goals while still aged 20! [Fraser] Hemphill who made 24 assists in his debut season! The Eejit: captained the FA Cup win, Wato: the Columbian Frank Lampard!”

“This is their last chance to help the club, as a team, to the next level – with or without me!”

But it was the captaincy that has been the biggest problem that Niko has faced so far in his final season, after the return of local boy-hero Fraser Hemphill returned back to the club.

“Hemphill has been very respectful – a very unlucky deniable leader – and has said that he would be happy being the vice-captain for this season, and The Eejit continue being the Captain this season, with Riley choosing the next captain he wants.”

What should be terrific news for the Scotsman instead turned out to be a sudden realisation of the footballer and Lynx models off-field behaviour.

“I was trying to contact Eejit about the news, but I couldn’t get through to him. It was easier back in the day because we used to share a house to restrict his ill-discipline and off-field behaviour, but now he shares an apartment with fellow Scot Jordan Orr.”

It was from talking from the under-21 Scotsman Niko learned of his captain’s celebrating.

“Eejit was given an extended holiday due to the fact he played over 50 games! It turned out for his ‘holiday’, he spent time ‘celebrating’ the team’s success with singers Pixie Lott and Frankie Sandford!”

Pixie Lott: One of the recruits of Eejit’s personal ‘Fearless Warrior’ tribe

With nigh days of management soon to be behind him, what is set in the future for the enigmatic Croatian?

“I am still talking to the Board about some kind of ambassador role within the club – global marketing supervisor or something – basically giving me the excuse to get paid while touring around the world with Kesh.”

The ‘Kesh’ that Niko mentions is his partner Kesha – an obsession turned relationship – whom he says is now jealous of his fame.

“She’s mad that I have become the world wide brand name, and to be honest I am proud! I thought it was about time I was the person being adored by millions around the world! But no more singing from me.”

So for the second time in his career Niko hopes to bow out of the footballing world, despite finally being accepted into it as a great, and this time there won’t be a soppy album called ‘The Endless Journey’.

“One of the lads, Bob, said to me: ‘History is not written by those who are right, but by those who are left.’ I slapped the fucker round the head and said, ‘It doesn’t matter if they lived on the right or left side, only if they knew how to use a pen and a fucking paper!’ For me, it isn’t directional but forwards!”

We’ll let those ones off, Niko.

Love it!

Chapter One: Beginning of the End

After just finishing the interview for the Daily Mail article, it was straight back to business for me, overlooking training files in preparation for the Arsenal game.

Niko: I think I will use the 4-3-3 for the game, a mixture of the old with the new would be the best option!

Looking over the scribbles of rating from the coaches it was the same thing I had become normally with for the last few years, but this time it felt different, as I looked around my office – it all visually looked the same dearie place I had to put up with despite the improvements of coming up into the leagues – the atmosphere felt cold and silent.

Haunting my mind like a bad one night stand, something I hadn’t had for a long time.

Niko: What the hell?

My nerves heightened, every sound echoed: the birds chirping on the trees outside, crapping on the car windows, to the loud screams of the training occurring. This meant something bad was going to happen, a foresight that someone or something will make my bad a little more problematic, and right on cue….

Flying debris of my office wall came crashing towards me, flinging myself over my desk, I watched as a large wrecking ball hung into where my toilet seat was. Dusting myself off, scraping off the cement particles that had dirtied my once-white shirt, I raised up from the floor as stared towards the machinery that had made it:

It was a crew of builders, all bigger than the average person – with their bullies hanging out of their repeated attire.

Niko: What the fuck do you think you’re doing?
    Builder: We’re doing the remodelling of this wing! You’re not meant to be in there!

Screamed the driver over the roaring engine of the metal beast the power the large metal ball.

Niko: Well, I am! It’s my fucking office!
    Builder: Well, we are the Amazing Modelling Crew! We were hired and told to remodel this room for the BBC for a Mr. Bartley!
    Niko: What!

I screamed at them as I walked past the last few inches of wall towards the ‘Crew’.

Niko: Bartley ordered this!!

They all nodded in unison, like a bunch of fucking puppets being controlled by a master – a master who had pushed the limit! As I walked behind the crane, with a sudden surge of anger I lashed out with a kick against the back, smacking back onto a lever with a sign saying ‘Don’t Kick This in Anger!’. It seemed the warning was genuine as soon, atop of the wrecking ball emerged a unwanted guest.

Niko: Ah, Come on! How many times is that going to be referenced!

I screamed, as another surge of anger seized up resulting in me punching a red button.

Punching the red button, this had another warning that said: ‘Do not punch when in a fit of anger about the appearance of Miley Cyrus!’

Once again the warning was genuine as the crane started to bump up and down, with large fumes and smoke emerging from the engine. As the rocking movement got more aggressive, I started to back off knowing the predictable result.

Which…

Nothing happened. I stood there watching, hoping, pleading that they would suddenly die in an explosion, but they didn’t. In anger I turned my shoulder against, which is when it happened. As I turned it, a sudden group of screams occurred with a large smash, as I turned around that was when I saw the mess that occurred….

You see; Shrek wasn’t meant to have gone on a killing spree. He was just green with envy after finding out his inter-species partner Donkey was sleeping around with the Three Blind Mice and the Three Littles Pigs – though they would later plead it wasn’t consensual – and after hearing those magical words being said that summoned him, it transported him to a world that was beyond his recognition!

It was no longer detailed in a computer program: the beautiful colours didn’t shine; the twirping of the birds didn’t come in beautiful renditions of jolly tunes; it was too real. It was gritty, it was dark, and it was UGLY!

He screamed out, charging at the group of people that faced him, amazed by his sudden appearance after saying ‘Shrek is love, Shrek is life’. He grabbed the large metal chain and swung it round, smashing the walls of the office – crushing Miley Cyrus instantly – before colliding into the still amazed group of builders!

As the blood sprayed out and turned the once green face red, I could only stand and watched as he fell onto his knees. Single handily he had killed Amazing Modelling Crew AND Miley Cyrus

Niko: Oh My Gawd! Shrek killed two AMCs!
    Shrek: Donkey, you b!

And soon, he was gone in a large cloud of ‘poof!’.

Literally!

After that, I walked into the remains of my office, grabbed the last papers I had forgotten and charged towards one place to see one person.

Niko: You fucking prick!
    Riley: Guess they came early then?
    Niko: What made you think you could do something like that?
    Riley: Because I am replacing you, and your office is a shit-hole – literally, it had a toilet as a seat for the desk!
    Niko: You replace me at the END of the season!
    Riley: Yeah, but the project was at least a year long – so please leave the crew alone, okay?
    Niko: Well, I can’t even talk to them – they are dead.
    Riley: What!?

He shot up straight up from his chair with anger and confusion.

Riley: You didn’t like them so, you killed them? What kind of moral compass is that!
    Niko: Hey, I have killed many AMCs, but I didn’t kill them arseholes – it was Shrek!
    Riley: That bastard!

He seemed somewhat reserved in response.

Niko: Wait, why aren’t you angrier?
    Riley: I always knew he would come back to ruin something – but to kill? That’s a bit far!
    Niko: What?
    Riley: It’s nothing. Just fuck off back to your office, or something!
    Niko: I would fucking love to, but someone got half of it fucking knocked down!
    Riley: Only half? For fucksake!
    Niko: Hello, my office?
    Riley: Just use my soon-to-be Assistant Manager’s office for now!

After being ushered out by his hand, I arrived to the destination of the ‘future Assistant Manager’ office:

Niko: This is taking the piss!
    Kowalinho: I dunno how to say this, but so am i!
    Niko: Ah, fuck off!
    Kowalinho: I already did that once, should I do it again?

Slamming my toilet door and locket it, I sat down and face palmed as I looked over the blood-soaked and unreadable documents that laid onto the desk.

After days of ‘visits’ from the team-mates I had finally decided the 18 members who would be facing Arsenal in the Charity Shield:

A team that I think could make a good impression as the first test of the season – the other being the season opener against runners-up Chelsea and then Man City – but it seemed Clarke didn’t feel the same way, as his side was completely against what SkySports had predicted, thanks to international friendlies and manager complacency?

As time starting to tick off towards kick-off, surely we had to win this poor side we are facing – right?

Spoiler!

After the Arsenal game, we had to put all our attention straight to our next opponents: Chelsea at home! But first we had to deal with another problem:

This meant Cica could miss 4 games in the Premier League, as well as whoever would be our first round opponents in the UEFA Cup would be. But that didn’t stop us, as at home we deployed the 4-4-2 formation with Eejit and Wato in midfield:

Saturday 20th August 2005
    Barclay Premier League
    Newark v. Chelsea
    3-1

(Henderson ‘2, Wato ’36, Zbimg ’67)(Cabaye ’49)
    MoM – E. Wato

A brilliant second half performance allowed us to repeat the past, with Carvajal getting two assists and Wato one more to earn himself – alongside his goal of course – the Man of the Match award. A tremendous showing of attacking prowess made it an entertaining for the record holding attendants as 16,304 came to see the match.

Though this would be the lowest attendance within the Premier League, it was the match up that I cared more about.

Straight after the game was the draw for the First Round of the UEFA Cup, hoping for a simple team to get the blood tested, my answers were awarded:

This would be only the second time that Sigma had come into the First Round in recent history, being beaten either in qualifying or in this round to never go further – a tradition I hope we can continue.

Though it seems that we would be without Cica for another game, I wasn’t too bothered as I hoped that with the large squad I now had, I could rotate positions within the Cups and Europe to ensure more wins as well as excluding possible fitness problems.

But my focus was once again certainly on our next opponent: Man City.

The team seemed like one of the truly proven challengers to the title, and to even get a good performance against them would be the start of the indication that we were big time challengers for the Champions League positions:

Wednesday 24th August 2005
    Barclays Premier League
    Man City v. Newark
    4-3

(Aguero ‘6, Guidetti ‘9, Lescott ’20, Poli ’23)(Henderson pen 3, Zbimg ’42, Hemphill ’86)
    MoM – L. Zbimg

Another tremendous display of attacking prowess, though an example of the young and inexperienced of the defence and especially Woods’ who had to be substituted for the second half, but once again another possible hint towards the kind of form we could be gathering into the future.

Both Henderson and Zbimg had now scored 2 in 2 games for the club, showing the prowess of the constant evolution that squad were showing within training and on the field.

But within my ‘office’ there were complaints, next door:

Kowalinho: Boss, I don’t know how to say this, but I am scared shitless! Literally!
    Niko: Why are you using these toilets?
    Kowalinho: They give me more leg room! Plus, then I wouldn’t have to be made fun of when I go ‘poopy’ because I wax my legs!
    Niko: I think the fact you call it ‘poopy’ should be the reason they make fun of you! Now, why are you ‘scared’?
    Kowalinho: I hope she isn’t here, but I am afraid that I am in the wrong relationship!
    Niko: You’re still with her?
    Kowalinho: We have a contract, you see! And, how do I say this, I am getting ‘f from behind by a legalised dildo’! Literally!
    Niko: I don’t think you meant Literally there, Kacper!
    Kowalinho: I do. She likes to remind me when I have, ah, ‘boom-boom’.
    Niko:’ Boom-boom’?
    Kowalinho: The noise my head makes against the frame!
    Niko: Well, what can I do? I am a football manager! That’s what people care about, not personal lives!
    Kowalinho: But, you are a personal football manager – a manager who cares for morals!
    Niko: And yet I f your dream girl! So much caring!
    Kowalinho: She isn’t her!

With that being said, I heard a flush and my door was flung open to see the Polish international with something in his hand.

Not wanting to mention it, he continued.

Kowalinho: I want you to ‘deal’ with her!
    Niko: What? I am not being ‘boomed boomed’ by her anymore!
    Kowalinho: No, how can I say this? I want you to….. ‘Slaughter her and her whole family until the last remaining bloodline is forced to run and live into the caves, forever cowering in fear!’

…..

Niko: Damn! What the hell do you watch?
    Kowalinho: American television?
    Niko: Okay I’ll help, but NOT THAT! Firstly, stop watching that crap!

Kowalinho was so happy, he hugged me – spilling my hot coffee onto my lap – and then I realised something.

Niko: You haven’t washed your hands have you?

And with that, it was straight back for a deep shower and back into the football!

Saturday 27th August 2005
    Barclay’s Premier League
    Newark v. Tottenham
    1-1

(Hemphill ’54)(Keane ’90)
    Carvajal sent off ‘88
    MoM – R. Hoolihan

Without the influence of the captain, who was ruled out with a 7 day injury he sustained in the challenge against Kowalinho (who finally retaliated for the waxing jibes, funny enough, against the other waxing team member), BobMem stepped up to the cause after Hemphill refused – instead wanting to earn the role – and what came was a defensive show down.

Neither side attacked much, and for that it was Hoolihan who earned the Man of the Match award, in a game that looked like we could win after Hemphill’s free-kick on the 54th minute (the only shot on target!) but Carvajal’s made it impossible to handle the left wing!

And eventually sub Will Keane was able to gain the away team the point. For the first time we had played the 4-3-3 from the start – a test for the UEFA Cup – as well as O’Toibin and Clayton starting for the club this season.

With the end of August, it was now proper time for the season to take course!

Saturday 10th September 2005
    Barclay Premier League
    Newark v. Sunderland
    1-0

(Henderson ’72)
    MoM – M. Henderson

Only two changes occurred with the second successive start with the 4-3-3 formation, Conor McLaughlin and The Eejit came into the side though neither made their starts made them felt within the game – as it was yet another – bore fest.

Henderson had now scored his third of the season, as Lorenzo kept Kowalinho off the field due to an increasing amount of impressive build-up play earning the assist to a fine volleyed goal!

Next up was the visit to the Czech Republic as we would be hosted by Sigma for our First EVER game in the European competition, UEFA Cup, and as promised there was a rotation within the squad but not the tactic. And the twon of Olomouc was a nice historic place to be visiting during the build-up of the Premier League fury:

Thursday 15th September 2005
    UEFA Cup 1st Round Leg. 1
    Sigma v. Newark
    0-2

(Kowalinho ’26 ’49)
    MoM – Kowalinho

Despite the four overall changes, there was only two people who made their efforts felt. One was the Man of the Match Kowalinho who matched his rivals 2 goals with a brace, as well as Hemphill’s goal tally, and Tibor Cica who – along with Wato – got the assist for one of the goals.

It was a game in which was totally one sided – a complete domination – that left the home fans mortified with this unknown club thrashing their local team!

Back to Engalnd, Zbimg was called back into action as we faced a struggling Fulham who looked like they would be proper candidates for relegation – something I wanted to make worse after the result!

Sunday 18th September 2005
    Barclay Premier League
    Fulham v. Newark
    0-1

(Hemphill ’36)
    MoM – A. Butler

A stubborn Fulham defence meant that it was a struggle to break down the defence of the home side, only allowing use to have 3 shots on target from 12 attempts. Fortunately it was a superb assist from the captain The Eejit that allowed Hemphill to header in the only goal of the game!

Going for a shot, the confident Scottish hardman slipped into a banana shot!

Which lookly had such a narrow height that allowed Hemphill to simply headed it pass a bemused Fulham defence – and goalkeeper – and into the back of the net, the humble Eejit instantly said it was a part of his ‘master tactician’ book.

The lack of finishing forced me to play both Vasily and Kowalinho with 24 minutes on the clock, but neither of them could really add to what was a frustrating Fulham performance.

Saturday 24th September 2005
    Barclays Premier League
    Newark v. Birmingham
    3-0

(The Eejit ‘1, Wato ‘7, Hemphill ’85)
    MoM – F. Hemphill

An unchanged side for yet another lower team position, and for the second week running another amusing showing of The Eejit’s extraordinary ‘tactics’ as another tremendous build-up play from Zbimg was met with the ‘ass bump’ of Eejit which went floating into the back of the net only seconds of the game in.

Eejit - The one who flung himself into the air

He added to this with a weird celebration in front of the home fans who didn’t know how to react. I applauded as it seemed his rather unorthodox approach to football continued to add to the squad. But really, the show was done to the former captain!

A terrific free kick and a constant threat awarded Hemphill with the Man of the Match award, though this could have easily gone to Lorenzo as he snared another two assists as he did a perfectly timed pass for Wato to latch onto!

For the second leg, I went with only one change as Carvajal was brought back in the right-back position instead of McLaughlin – I promised to Kowalinho that he would play the next Premier League game.

Thursday 29th September 2005
    UEFA Cup 1st Round Leg. 2
    Newark v. Sigma
    0-0

MoM – J. Snricek

It wasn’t an awesome showing, but it was what we really wanted. Both sides were equally aware of each other’s threats and was both dealt with. Sigma’s goalkeeper stepped for his side as they clinged on for the sake of pride, and I was able to rewarded them for that by introducing Yermolai’s son Vasily into the second half with one of the Academy’s hopeful Nathan Trigg – who replaced the captain The Eejit – with 20 minutes left.

Trigg was only 18 years old and certainly looked like a good prospect for Riley to work with in the future. This was an inclination of myself wanting to try to include more of the youth into the team that had emerged from the amazing Academy the club had established – plus the young signings I had brought in this season also to help with depth – but more about that in the future.

Straight after the 0-0 draw, we were informed who would be our next round opponenets:

It was a major European team this time around, the Turkish giants Galatasary. After failing to achieve a qualification for the Champions League, the side was able to thrash Wolfsburg 4-1 on aggregate to go through. My first test within Europe had been set, and I will be challenged on containing striker Yilmaz who had scored 8 goals in 9 games!

But next up was Newcastle and true to my word, it was time for some changes!

Jose Hernandez started at right back, Ximo on the right wing and Kowalinho as the striker – it was now time to face Alan Pardew, who had won both the FA Cup and Charity Shield in the last couple of seasons.

Sunday 2nd October 2005
    Barclays Premier League
    Newcastle v. Newark
    2-1

(De Bruyne ’18, Ba ’52)(Kowalinho ’66)
    Cica sent off ‘23
    MoM – T. Kalas

A frustrating result as we lost both Cica due to his own stupidity and Willis to injury within 9 minutes of each other!

Just 5 minutes after De Bruyne had scored, Cica decided to land a left-hook onto Steven Taylor which resulted in a deserved sending off, and set in motion a turn of events that lead to a game of chase!

After his sending off, Willis went off forcing to play an awkward Carvajal to play on the left-back position for the rest of the game. But it was thanks to the former-Chelsea duo that denied us anything. Kalas was a rock in the back for the home side and denied any chance that was created!

A Wato made a great chance for Kowalinho to score after Ba added insult to injury, but we never really looked set to really challenge for the point and in the end left with a bitter taste in the mouth.

Cica was disciplined, in which he disagreed with and was resulted with the transfer list:

But despite that, we would start the rest of October with a hopeful start:

But that wasn’t going to cut for me, and it was time to start fully immerse myself within the realm of management of a Premier League side. And this meant more rotation, more hunger and more tactical changes. And, within the League Cup, maybe some youth can be able to demonstrate their skill:

Only the future knows how it will be!

Last edited by ZanSnake; 24-11-14 at 08:11 PM.

Riley is a prick !! Nice intro, and nice job by Shrek!

Great interview with Ben Dover N'takit. I could happily enjoy the lifestyle that I have

Shame about the builders, but Milley is no great loss. Interesting relationship with Rilley starting. Will he survive to become manager ?

Right lads, lets get tore into these Arsenal fuckers. Bags first two footed tackle on Suarez.

What i was doing in ass man office? There is no toilets in club? Or maybe im the future asistant?

Zbimg prefering to be a playmaker than scoring ? Going to Brazil did him no good although it's still a decent start for Newark.

Damn, expected a post from Eejit about the amazing form he has had recently

Oh well!

Currently writing next chapter, but will write two in the space of time top post one mid-week, so that come next weekend should be the fourth chapter. Gonna try and end Niko's final season before xmas so then i can start doing the 'Riley Era' and then the 'hopeful' future i have envisioned (no spoilers). So either Sunday/Monday for next update, and then another one either Wednesday/Thursday and then another one NEXT sunday/Monday.

Might be a reoccuring theme, dunno yet. Depends on UnI!