Page 5 of 24 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast

Thread: [STORY] A Golden and Fearless Ambition

I am doing the edits over the course of the next few days, mixing with doing coursework and college time, so the time to sign up is still open, but will soon close so if you want to join, please join! And i am sorry for the late update, but sooner or later it will all be done and i can start on the main thing of the story and get the story up-and-going.

Once again, the application form can be found here: http://www.champman0102.co.uk/showth...1256#post71256

The First Journey
    Chapter One:
    Air of Expectancy

Walking onto the pitch of the crudely named 'Boltsky Stadium', I could see the large atmosphere that the stadium could hold over any team who visited the place. An 11,825 all seater stadium with a retractable roof and under-soil heating – this stadium was built like it was intended for a Premier League team.

Niko: If I can turn this place into a fortress, then there is no doubt we can win the league!

Ah, the Blue Square Premier League, or the English Conference as others say, a solo team going up with the credationals of the champions – the best of the best embarking for the role in the next league up. There was no second chance if you messed up with promotion or play-offs, you had one shot and you had to take it – and I want to be the one who gets it!

Niko: But the only way I can actually be told about that is by meeting the team... And the coaching staff. What a fing bore!

I screamed out, leaning against the mental rail in the main stand. As I sulked into the place, with a nice refreshing breeze passing through the exposed skin on the back of my neck. As I soaked in the summer sky, I heard footsteps approaching from behind. Each step clunking onto the ground from the heel, meant it was a female, I turned round to see the woman who had come to see me.

Woman: You surely must be the 'Niko', who has caused so much farce! My name is Babe Cummings, I am the club representative and I will ensure that your name in the press isn't squandered as well as the clubs!
    Niko: (thinking) Yeah Babe, if you spent the night with me you'll be coming and going!
    Niko: Yes I am, nice to hear that. Babe huh, I knew a woman named Babe, betrayed me to someone trying to kill me, who turned out to be a clone of a spy who worked with my spy parents.
    Babe: Riiiight....
    Niko: Anyway, can you tell me where I can meet the team and the coaches and stuff, as well as my office?
    Babe: Your office?
    Niko: Yes in all my previous managerial jobs?
    Babe: The only people in this club who has offices are Mr Rilikovic, Mr Chekhov, Mr Minomoto and Mr Bartley.
    Niko: Bartley? As in my assistant? Why the f has he got one and not me?
    Babe: Accordingly, he persuaded Mr Minomoto to give him one after he heard he was rejected as manager, and hired as assistant.

Already I could tell the kind of relationship I would have with the hierarchy of the club. In anger I charged off back into the offices, selecting one office in particular – Yermolai Relikovic! As I came to the door, I kicked the door in nearly knocking off it's hinges, and there sat in a large leather seat, sat the man I came to confront.

Yermolai: Nikolavski! Why did you kick in my door? Is there something your unpleasant with? Like your life? Do you feel that you have lived too much and want it all to end, already?
    Niko: Stop playing coy! Why the hell did Riley get an office and not me? That American b is the assistant, not the manager!
    Yermolai: Phetrov.

Suddenly, my anger drained from my face as the name filled into my ears – Phetrov. The clone that I killed back, so long ago.

Niko: What? What are you talking about?
    Yermolai: Phetrov, the person who once lived in the town you worked in. A friend of mine, you killed with your own hands.

I couldn't understand. Didn't he know he was a clone?

Niko: How... How did you know?
    Yermolai: I am a man with wealth and connections, Nikolavski. I know more then you would ever know. And, I know the truth behind it all. But, I don't care about that. All I care is that I have you on a leash.
    Niko: Right, so you think I will obey you, just like a fing dog!
    Yermolai: I expect you to do what you have been hired to do, win things here at this club. You owe me a … favour. If you bring this club to Premier League, you will succeed, if not then your journey will met a bloody end!
    Niko: What favour do I 'owe' you?
    Yermolai: That I didn't send my men after you and killed you then! You have a gift, more in other ways, like your brothers, but you have one I need to be used. Do it, and you can be gifted graciously with every success, and if not? I can terminate the contract and your life right here!

He shouted, saliva flying out of his mouth as his chair flung backwards as he stood up, with a pistol aimed at my head. Sweat started to fall from my brow faster then I could count. Drop by drop, second by second – I could feel my heart beat echo throughout my body.

Yermolai: Nikolavski, do you understand?
    Niko: The name's Niko – but I understand very well Yermolai.
    Yermolai: Good.

He said sitting back down, resting the gun onto the table. I watched as the smug look on his face crept out like he was in a bakery. I had to urge my body not to run and grab the pistol and using it on him. Urges that had been strong since I came here.

Yermolai: Now, Nikolavski – is there something you specifically need to know, or are we done?
    Niko: Yeah, is that Babe, single or what?

I asked jokingly, trying to hide my anger.

Yermolai: What babe? There is a lot of women in the world, Nikolavski? Please elaborate!
    Niko: You know, Babe as in Babe!
    Yermolai: The pig? I did not know Croatian's were into such things!
    Niko: No! The Babe Cummings!
    Yermolai: I do not want to hear about your escapades with pigs! No leave before I constraint you and have your nuts chopped off and fed to my dogs!

In a huff, I walked off – once again resisting the urge to kill my boss, like most sane employees, and after turning the corner, I kicked out into the air – or what I thought was air – hitting something with power.

Niko: Ah s! I kicked a midget!
    Dwarf: Hey, what the hell man? What was that?
    Niko: I thought I kicked the air, I couldn't see you, so....
    Dwarf: Was that a joke about my height?
    Niko: No, I literally didn't see the back of your head!
    Dwarf: So your saying my head is smaller then your foot? Another joke about my size, right?
    Niko: No!
    Dwarf: I head you had history with abusing people on the smaller nature, but I thought he wouldn't be that cruel. F! All I was doing was seeing up women's skirts and you kicked me away from the best shot! Can't a small guy catch a break in a big guy's world?
    Niko: Look, you have to try and listen and understand.
    Dwarf: 'Understand'? So you now think it is funny to talk about my stance!
    Niko: What? You really need to get your head out from up your arse.
    Dwarf: Up, huh? Up as in places that I can't reach because I am so small!
    Niko: Your really must have selective hearing!
    Dwarf: What because I am so small I can't hear your whole sentences because I am so below your mouth? F you man!

He said, hobbling away. Already I could sense that today was going to be a long, long day.

One of the quirks of the new job here in England, was a company car, something I hadn't gotten since I had started having sex with Lucia, who used to explode cars when she was horny. I slithered down stairs, with the address of the teams training ground in my back pocket, and with my the keys in hand I searched the parking lot for a car - a dencent car, that would breakdown after a ten minute journey – and then my eyes lit up as I saw it!

Niko: A Fing Ferrari? This defiantly makes up for the whole office thing!

As I skipped happily towards the car, I noticed that they were keys dangling from the key whole with the horse present, alluring like a pervert in an ice cream van. I entered the car, entranced by the luxurious interior of the powerhouse car. Finally, I felt welcome at my new job – in that moment I felt at ease about everything. But, the next minute, it all shattered as I saw an angry face thumping at the window.

Riley: What the hell do you think your fing doing in my car?

He screamed, as I got out the car ashamed.

Riley: This is my car! I leave it alone for a few seconds and your sorry a tries to steal it!
    Niko: So you got the office and the Ferrari? What car did I get then?
    Riley: Well maybe you should look around, since there are only two cars here!

I exhaled slowly, as I turned around to face the ultimate jab in the back – but it still made me angry!

Niko: Not ANOTHER Faggy Fiat!

I screamed as I charged towards the car that seemed to stalk me. In a huff, I got into the faggy car, and drove off as fast as I could, to ensure my humiliation wouldn't be met with anyone else. Driving to the training ground took longer then I initial thought – driving through the center of Newark was hell with a lot of traffic, and pedestrians laughing at me as crawled forward. But soon, I arrived at Devon Park, the training ground which was also the home of Newark Town, the crappy team of Newark no-one cared about.

When I arrived, training had already begun and the players were doing running drills for fitness for the up-coming pre-season matches – as well to loose some of their fatness. I was in for a shock, as one of the coaches I met was something completely different to what I was expecting.

Niko: Hey, your the boss's son, right?
    Anton: Yeah, what to it? It was either this or going to one of Susan Boyle's 'Sus-anal-bum-party'.
    Niko: Great. So what kind of team am I working with here?
    Anton: Well, the 'boss' spent a a lot of money to ensure that we could get a good team basis down for you to work with – sending scouts out to every corner of the world to find players no-one would look at. Including a player you know, called Hanchu or something.
    Niko: Hannu Sulonen?
    Anton: Yeah someone like that.
    Niko: Anything else I should know?
    Anton: You have to do the preseason yourself, but has to be two cups, one of them Yasha did for you, called 'Vodka Cup' all you need to do is add the teams. Another one has to be called 'Boltsky', 'Boss' wants to advertise the company on British soil.
    Niko: Right, then...

After that Anton grabs his coat, and tried to leave, before I stopped him half-way.

Niko: Where the hell do you think your going?
    Anton: I have done my work for today. Heard Mario Ballotelli is having a firework display in his bathroom, got to go to Manchester. See yeah!

He said casually, like he didn't even needed to be here in the first place. Sighing, I sat down at the desk, which was engraved with my name, meaning I did have a desk at the training facilty, but the only problem being that it was placed...

Niko: How the hell did I get into here in the first place?

I questioned myself, as I looked at the large amout of paper on the desk, sitting in a stack with a 'Nikolavski – Read me!' postetnote attached to it. Reading through the paper, it was the 'expectations' of whom I would be expected to invite for both the Vodka Cup and Boltsky Cup, one being one of my former clubs – which was THES Sport – and another being either Arsenal or Chelsea – which both hung off after a hour of laughter afterwards of suggesting the idea.

After spending the morning gathering two lists of teams for each cup, I noticed the onligation I had to do also – 'WIN THESE CUPS!' - which seemed to be a little harder then I thought as I overlooked the lists again:

Vodka Cup – 23rd to 24th July 2012
    Newark Athletic
    Cheltenham
    Barnet
    Bournemouth

Boltsky Cup – 28th to 29th July 2012
    Bradford City
    Blackpool
    Newark Athletic
    THES Sport

With a tought opposition in both teams, being either two divisions or three, meant I had to have a team full of amazing unknown superstars or be a tactical wizard, which I couldn't know till I met the team.

I shrugged my shoulders and walked outside to witness the training which was done by another surprising coach.

Power: Right you guys, listen to me or your going to get fing beaten! You are all kids, I am your fing boss! The average age of this whole team is 17.50 years old, I am not fing sing you! The boss wants results and promotion, we will get promotion. Even though he has heard a non-talented hack as the manager instead of the Perfect One here, but you all will previal under my guidance!

The self-assured preacher stood in the centre of the circle of young twenty players, who seemed to be either disinterested or intrguied by his words.

Power: I am the fing powerhouse, Bes! I have layed whoes from all over the world, so I have got the technique!
    Player: What did she look like?
    Power: What?

One specific player interrupted the endless trout of self-movitivation, who spoke in a heavy Polish accent.

Player: What did this 'whoe' look like?
    Power: There was too many to remember kid! What's your name?
    Player: Kowalinho!
    Power: What a retarded name! Are you trying to Brazilian? Do you think that by having an Brazilian name, you would any decent?
    Kowalinho: Actually, it was my nickname!
    Power: God, your nickname? What the f are you? Fifteen? You haven't even hit puberty yet, and your asking the Perfection for women advice? Go back to your mother's tits, kid. I beat you can't even kick a ball!

Determined the lad got up, grab a football and blasted to the other side of the field, hitting the cross bar perfectly, as it bounced back down and into the back of the net, which seemed to be.... impossible! In amazement there was a moment of silence, and it was then when I walked away with a grin on my face.

Niko: Maybe, I do have a group of unknown wonderkids!

I said passing by a weird looking guy with a mohawk.

Mohawk: Hey, your Niko right? Would you be okay with me taking a video?
    Niko: Sure! As long as it doesn't include a cloth smelling of chloroform, and I won't be awaken tied onto a chair, with a man with a marmalade fetish licking marmalade off a womans toes, right?
    Mohawk: Okay!

He said, grabbing a massive old fashioned camera.

Niko: Wow, what the hell?
    Mohawk Stalker: What? I am a cameraman, so I need a video for the local BBC news!
    Niko: Oh okay!

He started to fiddle around with the settings of the camera standing further away from me as he aimed it at my face. But suddenly, I could hear something falling from the sky, and before I could tell him to move, it landed right onto of him.

And the next minute he was crushed under a grand piano.

Niko: Oh my God! They killed AMC!
    Stranger: Those Bs!

After a brief moment....

Stranger: Who?
    Niko: That guy!

I said pointing to the rubble of human remains and piano parts.

Niko: A Mohawked Cameraman! A.M.C!
    Stranger: But how the hell did a piano fall from the sky?
    Niko: Dunno, but weirder s has happened to me!

A few thousand feet up....

Pilot: What did you mean you 'dropped' it? It was a fing grand piano, Jerry!
    Jerry: Well you know, I wanted some fresh air, so I opened the pad to get some nice wind blowing in, and the next thing I know, it's in the clouds below!
    Pilot: Why didn't you just use the fans built into the fing panel above?
    Jerry: Oh... So that's what that is!
    Pilot: You know the boss is going to kill you, right? You dropped his grand piano!
    Jerry: Meh. We delievered it, but not to the right place... Or person...
    Pilot: You better not let that anvil drop either!
    Jerry:.....
    Pilot: Jerry?
    Jerry: Hey, you know that anvil, right?

Back at the training ground....

Niko: I felt like I have just witnessed someone else who is going to be pissed off at me...

I said, feeling a shiver. I then turned back around, getting ready for the preseason ahead, which started against Rochdale in just four days time...

TO BE CONTINUED.

Quality start and AMC killed already. Things are looking good.

Great read

Fantastic start !!Bring on the games!

Great start! Can't wait to read more!

Me Too

everyone has 110 ca as a way to say sorry for the extended delay btw

Quality start.

Quality. Get Soccer AM down for the crossbar challenge with Kowalinho the star man!

Great start to the story! Looking forward to seeing how this goes.

as usual, my luck with computers has cursed me. My hard drive has died, and killed everything in its path. I have lost months worths of coursework, alongside this game and save.

I am so sorry that i wasn't able to continue this story, as i personally felt this would have been the best story i have written so far. I took a chance with an old hard drive, and it has bitten me on my concieted ass.

Unfortunately, i don't think there will be any phoenixes rising from the ash, and i think that this is a wake-up calling for me too not start story as it would just end prematurely.

I would have loved to give you guys a much happier, and enjoyful message after not doing an update for so long - but it seems karma is against me in terms of writing an story that would reach a concluded and climatic end.

I just want to thank all of you for signing up for the interaction, and for the silent voiceless readers who enjoyed each update.

My love for the game seems to have died alongside the hard drive, and i will most likely lurk around for the forseeable future - but maybe i might do another story involving Niko one day, only the future knows.

Sorry for typing so much, but i do appreciate all the support.

See you around,

ZanSnake

NOOOO!!!!!!!! Gutted to hear that but I hope this isn't the last we'll see of your stories. Your stories are completely unique and this site will suffer without them.

Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo (and more ooo)

ebfatz is offline Social Media Bod
    Former Holy Trinity Member
    Stories Mod

Sorry to hear mate!

This one was just clicking into play nicely as well!

As CMA says, don't give up on them.
    Start another soon.

Gutted for you man and I hope the important stuff, like the coursework, can somehow be recovered. This place just won't be the same without the prospect of a ZanSnake story.

One thing is for sure. Agent Zan, ZanSnake and BranFlake are sure to stay around in stories.

Interval

Niko: What the hell? Are you saying something to me?
    Yermolai: We believe that this objective is too much for you, Nikolavski!

I sat in the same room as before, with the fat man sitting across me, spiting more crap out then a Jeremy Clarkson review. He was trying to tell me that he couldn't 'afford' to take the risk no more, even though he had just started!

Yermolai: Please do not take that tone with me, Nikolavski! You should now I do not like to be spoken like that!
    Niko: What do you fing expect!
    Yermolai: A willingness of acceptance.
    Niko: You just told me you are going to kill me because your fat lazy ass can't be bothered to be trusting me!
    Yermolai: You talk to me like a am a nobody! You deserve to die! Aswell as killing brother Phetrov. How could I trust someone that kills a fallen friend!?
    Niko: I am not going to allow you to build people's dreams up to knock them down!

I said aggresively, standing up in anger as the three large steroid abusing men approached me. One tried to grabb my neck, but was too slow as I grabbed his right hand as I dodged and snapped it back – a warning to the two others.

Yermolai: You don't care about them Nikolavski, do you? You care about your life, right? So stop delaying the inevatible!
    Niko: You may kill everything else, but you will not kill this opportunity! You said it yourself, you want success and I am the man! I don't care what you have to say, but I won't allow you to not allow me to show my fing worth in this country!
    Yermolai: Maybe you speak truth, or maybe it is the Vodka speaking. But, Nikolavski, I will allow this club to carry on.
    Niko: Good! I am glad we didn't have to resort in your death.

I said, throwing my pistol onto the wooden table, along side an army tact knife and a grenade. Yermolai smiled and nodded as he saw my arsenal laid out on the table.

Niko: Now, if you may I have a football club to run, and some chicks to shag. Alongside some people to probably kill down the line – which I hope doesn't include you!

I spouted as I walked outwards towards the door, as the two bodyguards shook in fear as I passed them. As I passed through the door, I could hear there conversation.

Bodyguard: Mickey! Oh, Mickey what did that horrible beast do to you?
    Mickey: He broke my arm Mini! That evil man, him!
    Mini: Why! All you wanted to do was straggle him! And he broke your arm! How are you going to double fist me tonight now?
    Bodyguard #3: Heellllooo!

With that being said, I knew that I was close to loosing what I wanted to accomplish – shagging Ke$ha – and close to loosing my life, but I am determined that I will be able to push on and fight against ANY THING THAT GETS IN MY WAY!!!

Ps....

Good to see you back Nikolavski

Access Denied (policy_denied)

Your system policy has denied access to the requested URL.

For assistance, contact your network support team.
    Guess this is not suitable for work then...

The First Journey
    Chapter One:
    Air of Expectancy
    Continued!

The Voices. They have stopped.

But they have taken their toll on me – they have scarred my memory with mental episodes of uncertainty. Every since the day we charged on ward against the force of Phetrovolgy, everything has been hazy. M. I can't remember his face, nor his identity. Did he survive? Or did he lay in the ruins of his organisation?

I can't honestly say. All I know is that since that day, there has been no voices, just silence. Abnormality has been apart of my life for so long, and now, I am tasting what feels... acceptance.

Walking out onto the little balcony I had in my small flat, I got out a pack of ten menthol Richmond’s, and brought one to my lips and lit it with my lighter. Inhaling the minty taste, I started to think about the new life I could have. And the task that laid ahead of me.

Niko: So I have to win the UEFA Champions League title, from scratch? And my boss wants revenge for killing a clone of his deceased friend? F!

This might be a bad situation for most, but for me – I feel accepted into the concept. It was more calmer then I am used too. As I finished off the cigarette in the cold breeze, my mind turned to the first test I had to go against: Football League Two side Rochdale.

Throw the last remains onto the ground, more than fifty feet below, I turned and walked away, ready to meet up with the rest of the team in just a couple of hours for the first match to ever take place at Boltsky Stadium.

Wednesday 18th July 2012
    Friendly
    Newark Athletic v. Rochdale
    3-0

(Wato '31, Ediz '61 '78)
    MotM – Volkan Ediz

For the first ever match at the Boltsky Stadium, 10,637 people crammed into the stadium to watch the team give a strong performance against the better favourites – Rochdale. For the tactic, I wanted to balance the squads depth in the areas to create more of a rotation towards the season, sending the defensive midfielder to go forward, to sit comfortably with the central midfielder once the team was attacking, to hopefully break down any possible counter attacks from Rochdale in failed attempts to score:

We were strong throughout, having twenty-one attempts on goal, only fourteen on target – obviously only one striker was able to do the final deed and finishing his chances. Wato capitalised on a beautiful play between Hemphill and The Eejit (just a coincidence of names?), but we weren't able to build upon before the break. Not wanting to risk fitness, with the more competitions set in the coming weeks, seven changes was made during the second half, with Ediz and Vasily connecting after the hour mark to make it 2-0, before Ediz pounced on a mistake to seal the deal for us.

The team was n fire, quite literally for the fans, as in the celebrating at the end of the match, one supporter with A Metal Chair was stuck by a random lightning bolt, setting his weird dread-locked hair on fire.

Luckily he survived... the lightning bolt, but not the anvil that dropped from the heavens above. His body splitting into a large puddle of blood, spraying the red liquid all over the fans. And above I heard a loud shout...

Pilot: God damn it Jerry! You've dropped the anvil, again?
    Jerry: Sorry, I was sending a tweet.

In reaction, I did what I always did when someone was killed in front of me:

Niko: OMG! They killed AMC!
    Crowd: Those Bastards! Yay!

As we entered into the amusingly named 'Vodka Cup', we were ushered into the Semi-Final against Cheltenham, which I decide to play the same team as I had done for Rochdale, allowing to get a sense of the kind of team that would be strongest eleven going into the season – but meaning that despite the result, I had to be like a Geordie whore on a usual night into town, and be open to new players being slotted into the positions.

Well, that was the idea....

Monday 23rd July 2012
    Vodka Cup Semi-Final
    Newark v. Cheltenham
    3-0

(Kowalinho '21, Wato '34, O'Toibin '36)
    MotM – Diarmuid O'Toibin

A spectacular first half, which saw the whole team commencing forward like an army front-line, with all the goals getting assists and fluent attacks throughout, which wouldn't make you think that we were the team in the lowest division in England. The team once again worked well with one another, with Kowalinho and Zbimg assisting two of the goals – and substitute Mark Clayton being the only person to put an average performance in.

The team was on a high, something which I thought I could use by making a few changes for the English Football League One side Bournemouth in the final of the Vodka Cup. I wanted to give some players a chance to shine in what-was for the team, the closest thing I have been to a cup final.

The team I chose was:

Tuesday 24th July 2012
    Vodka Cup Final
    Newark v. Bournemouth
    0-0

6-5 Pens.
    MoM: Darryl Flhavan

It was a match of how good was the oppositions keeper then anything! With over fourteen shots on goal, six of which got a save from Bournemouth's Man of the Match, which drew us into penalties, where fortunately all our players were able to score, and thanks to McDermott's miss went we would have one trophy to our name!

With the teams self-esteem as high as my first employer, the team descended into the party spirit in the aftermath – all pumped for the next pre-season cup, which I was confident we would stroll into the final. As the players partied with celebration, I decided to retire to my flat for some R&R.

Sitting in the small flat, I looked up at the white pealing ceiling, and thought more about the predicament I was in. The fact of the matter is that we do have a talented bunch of player – so talented that if we did get promotion and win the league, other teams would be buying them, but that would be the same if we failed to go up.

And with the larger teams also able to buy during now and the end of the season, the threat was a sure problem to come sometime down the line. Meaning that we would have to get ready to fight to keep the players, as we wouldn't be able to buy players to replace them, or even loan them in.

Niko: For fsake! Why is it that something swings against me? First the whole Phetrov crap is on my back, and this thing! What's next?

As I said that, I said back up as a masked woman put a gun to my head – my instinctive reactions to slow.

Niko: Please tell me your here for some good times in the bed!

She shook her head, meaning one thing. I drank the rest of my scotch before knocking the gun out of her hand, flying into the air, and then hit my palm into her toned stomach, before catching the gun in my hand.

Niko: Ha! Bet James Bond couldn't do that!

I gloated as the woman stood back up, before I got a sharp pain in the back of my head.

Voice: I doubt he would be so stupid to fall for a diversion like that!

I grabbed the back of my head, as I fell onto my knees and then looked towards my blood-soaked hands. And soon, the familiarity of darkness descended across my vision, once too many times.

The only thing that rang inside my head was whispers of:

Let.... this.... River..... Flow......

TO BE CONCLUDED.
    Last edited by ZanSnake; 26-04-13 at 02:06 AM.

Haha a starting left back who would have thunk it?

Whoop, played in the final! Shame we didn't win as convincingly as the teams before then though. Expect to be on the bench now.

Who's kidnapped Niko now?!

Nice one!

I really hope there's a kidnapping at the end of every update, could make managing the team difficult though!

0 goals conceded. Us boys at the back doing the business. Come on strikers, get some goals! If we have another 0-0 I'm going to have to come up for corners

Page 5 of 24 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast