Thread: [STORY] A Golden and Fearless Ambition

ebfatz is offline Social Media Bod
    Former Holy Trinity Member
    Stories Mod

Good stuff Zan.

So, i'm still looking for my girl

Quote Originally Posted by Kowalinho View Post
    So, i'm still looking for my girl
    Got some storylines that are planned for the future.

Let's say that some players might be getting some more time. Need to establish a proper starting eleven, etc. first so that i can write in their perspective of how the club is run and stuff. Got one player storyline planned nicely. Just gotta wait a little bit longer

After all, maybe the girl of your dreams is right under your nose?

What must I do to get a game ? Tell me and I'll do it. I'm that desperate ...

Quote Originally Posted by Baron Zbimg View Post
    What must I do to get a game ? Tell me and I'll do it. I'm that desperate ...
    Resolved in the next update, also remember there is strikers that are scoring goals for fun! So it is hard to choose who to drop because of the ratio of goals return by each striker. Zbimg doesn't really have any worries, believe me. In the next update you'll see

Thank you Nikolavski!!

Thank you Nikolavski!!
    That will get you dropped for another 2 months

Great write-ups Zan, love this story already!

Just caught up. Doesn't sound as if I missed much and I always did have suspicions about AMC and his handbags.

Just getting more comfortable after removing that splinter from my bum.

The First Journey
    Chapter Three:
    Marching On!
    Continued!

It had nearly two years since I had seen her, since she had gone off to be a monk and taken our son. My first love, and sometimes what I question: my last since true relationship. I looked firmly at the 'gift' she gave me:

It was clear that once I would enter that room, I would no longer need to have alone time with my shower. But as I followed the seductive site of Babe's ass, which allured dark and sexual thoughts, she stopped outside the door and turned back round, and looked at me.

Her hazel eyes stared at my chest, and she felt somewhat sad.

Babe: She is waiting in there...

Her voice sounded strangely pained as she hurried off, not letting me thanking her. I shook off my thoughts that maybe there was something, and entered the room, in which they she sat.

Cerina Relikovic, my childhood friend turned mother of my son, who didn't look that thrilled to see me. She didn't acknowledge me, she just sat there staring at the blue carpet.

Niko: Nice to see you again Cerina!

I said approaching her, before seeing something rather alarming thought. There sat on the floor of her feet was...

Empty jars of Nutella, I quickly opened the case noticing that the CD itself was there. Somewhat reassured that maybe bad influences, I walked over and sat next to her.

Niko: Long time no see, how are you Cerina? Looks like you didn't shave your hair off then.

I joked as the still silent Cerina looked down on the floor, something was definitely up, as just when I was about to ask, another blast from the past walked in.

Eejit: Long time no see Niko!
    Niko: Theodore?
    Eejit: Come on, be more nice to your old friend!

He said smiling, with an piPod in his hands – I looked over to Cerina who smiled somewhat awkwardly, so they did.....

Niko: So what's up?
    Eejit: You know nothing much, marmalade and Nutella prices are so expensive in the United Kingdom!
    Niko: Right...
    Eejit: Anyway, heard about you stepping into the game again, awesome news! You married yet?

I shook my head, as Cerina turned away.

Eejit: Awesome! The lads are back together again!!

He screamed, as if he was announcing a formidable duo had gained back together.

Eejit: Right let's get to business! You know that Yermolai knows about Phetrov, and that he is related to Cerina right?
    Niko: I didn't know they were related? But I did know about the Phetrov thing, you could have sent me a text or something!
    Eejit: Yeah, yeah. Technology is so advanced. I remember when the piPhone 1 came out, now there is piPhone 86 coming out next week! It's getting really money worthy now!
    Niko: Yeah, and your here because?
    Eejit: Well, I want to try and ease some of the pressure!
    Niko: Does it mean killing someone and replace him with a clone? Or an orgy party? Or an organisation trying to kill me? Or another frigging Midget trying to kill me?
    Eejit: Not really. Just using the family connection to, you know, ease the pressure. Oh, and blanking his mind so he has no knowledge of it.
    Niko: Really, how?
    Eejit: With this guy!

And then a man entered the room with fireworks being hit off and the room splitting into a stage.

Guy: YO! I am the Dreaminator,
    The hated woman-beater,
    Flipping up hams like a chef,
    Fing women like Hef,
    A one night stand master,
    Blanking their minds with my plastic blaster,
    Dressed in black because I look good,
    Making money like I should,
    Investor, robber and money changer,
    - Noun don't matter -
    Because in the end I’ll blast ya!

The slick rapper who wasn't dressed in a black suit, then swagged his way over to the table where me, Eejit – who was clapping like a groupie – and Cerina was at.

Dreaminator: Yo, peeps! Did ya check out that entrance? Was just like me – coool – cool with an extra 'O'!
    Eejit: Awesome dude!
    Dreaminator: Good, cause I ain't wearing this crap no more!

He said, pulling off his clothes to reveal himself in a...

...a black suit.

After the entrance, we all sat down and started to discuss the plan. Basically, the idea was to wait for Christmas, and give Yermolai the gift from Cerina as a Christmas present, someone who he would trust, but the gift would actually be the 'Dreaminator', who would then blank his mind. Of course that meant I would have to wait nearly three more months, but in the end it would mean something off my back. Till then Eejit and Cerina will be living in Newark with my son, Martin, in the same apartment block, meaning I might be interacting with them more in the future.

After getting the someone anti-climatic opportunity of my Golden duck, I walked out of the stadium with only one thought – when will I get laid!!

As I got back home, I was shocked by the site that awaited me...

Niko: Babe. What are you-

But before I could finish, she had put her finger on my lips, and sh-ed me. Moving her gorgeous mouth towards my ear, and whispering.

Babe: This is only for fun – a recreational relationship and nothing more, okay?

I nodded back, as her smile etched onto her face and she dragged me into the bedroom. And finally, fireworks went off!!

With my personal life feeling a lot better, I decided that the best to do for the football club's next game would be to ignore the advice I was sought and taken from my coaching staff, and went back to the same tactic I used before the Mansfield game, but with the same team – to allow the same players another chance to impress me enough before rotating the squad once more:

But before we got into the dressing room, I was taken aside by striker Lorenzo Zbimg, who seem displeased about his playing chances.

Zbimg: Boss, I am displeased that I haven't been able to get some playing time. I mean, I try my hardest in training and I am eager to make an impression and all, but I feel that you have ignored me completely! Henrik is on the bench and Ediz is playing up-front, in a solo striker role. I just want to be given a chance, boss.
    Niko: I understand how you feel Lorenzo, but you have to trust me. I know, if we get a result today, I’ll change the tactics so that you can play alongside Ediz, who has been scoring so frequently, alright? It's that Van der Voom and Kowalinho are versatile enough to be able to play on the wings if something happens to the wingers, and also up-front. Van der Voom has also been more alert in front of goal off the bench, as well as in training.
    Zbimg: Okay boss. I'll be watching from the stands, hoping that we win! C'mon Fearless Warriors!

Inspired by his spirit, and from the frequent 'visits' I was getting from Babe, I was determined to be more open with changes – maybe playing in a 4-4-2 will allow us to have an advantage?

Tuesday 11th September 2012
    English Conference
    Newark v. Stockport

3-2
    (Ediz '5 '39, Wato '13)(Turnbull pen 21, Darkwah '23)
    O'Toibin sent off 21
    MoM – V. Ediz

It was going so well until O'Toibin got sent off, we had control and the team looked set for a good thrashing against the away side, with Clayton's perfectly timed through ball finding the feet of starman Ediz who finished sweetly on the 5th minute, for his fifth goal of the season. Which was added by a brilliant lob by Zannit, which was latched from good hold up play by the Man of the Match, which found it's way over Stockport's Lewis King, and fell beautifully to Wato's feet who simply passed it into the back of the net.

But the momentum changed when the back-tracking O'Toibin did a reckless two footed challenge into Turnbull as was shown red on the 21st minute, earning the unlikely goalscoring Stockport a penalty. Turnbull stood up confidently, and smashed it straight into the back of the net. After the sending off, I told Wato to go deeper into midfield to help support Clayton in the center of the field, and told Hemphill to play alongside Zannit behind Ediz, hoping it would allow us to cause some more options in counter attack, but the plan backfired and Stockport pulled one back through Darkwah on the 23rd minute, which him having enough room to pitch a tent in our defence. Luckily, Ediz was determined enough to pounce on a mistake from the away defence, and earned himself the Man of the Match accolade and his sixth goal on the 39th minute. For the second half it was simple – defend, defend, defend – which we were able to do, blocking any chances Stockport gave, with some decent blocks from the centre backs, and saves from Canadian Shepard, allowing to steal the three points.

The fans applauded the lads, though I was fuming at O'Toibin, who accepted his warning and looked certain to impress me in the next game.

Keeping to my words, I changed the tactic to a more safe attacking 4-4-2, with Wato running forward and Clayton being the heart of the midfield. The only exception was the inclusion of left-footed Zbimg partnering Ediz up-front, which I hoped would be able to form a deadly partnership:

The lads seemed determine to wipe the floor and continue our good streak away to Kidderminster.

Saturday 15th September 2012
    English Conference
    Kidderminster v. Newark

1-3
    (Shakes '63)(Ediz '10, O'Toibin '47, Zbimg '57)
    MoM – E. Wato

After two determined players trying to make an impression they just did that! With the partnership showing a vibe of the Sutton-Shearer mechanics, with the game being back and forth in the first ten minutes, until Wato found Hemphill who lobbed it over to Ediz who cooly finished it for his 3rd goal in 2 games. The rest of the half was the display of the partnership, with Zbimg opening chances for Ediz, and Ediz coming close to sealing a brace, but it wasn't till the second half when the second half, when Zbimg found the charging O'Toibin whose first touch was excellent, and was cooly topped off with a spinning volley into the back of the next. Then, Man of the Match Wato chipped the ball forward for the brilliant Zbimg whose powerful header sealed the win ten minutes later. For the rest of the game, Kidderminster tried there hardest to get back into the game, with Shakes about to finish on a mistake by Shepard on the 63rd minute, but the game was over and we took another win.

Not wanting to jinx the next game, I decided not to change the team in hope that maybe we would be able to keep up the same performance in our Home game against fellow title contenders Grimsby.

Saturday 22nd September 2012
    English Conference
    Newark v. Grimsby

1-1
    (Ediz '18)(Disley pen 14)
    Man of the Match – Shepard

As expected it was a tight game which went down by the goalkeeping skills by both oppositions, which fortunately we had the better of. Shepard stood up to the task and constantly denied Grimsby throughout the game, with O'Toibin, who was once again determined to right his mistake, crossing the ball from the left and a beautiful bicycle kick from Ediz scored on the 18th minute, to try and keep us in the game from an unfair penalty given to Grimsby in the 14th minute in which Disley was able to score his fifth of the season. The second half was anticlimactic, and was about the aerobatics and reactions of our young keeper who was able to help us salvage a point.

For the next home game against Gateshead, with fitness being a problem and complacency, I decided to make some changes. Wato would replace Hemphill on the right side of midfield who dropped to the bench, with Zannit replacing the banned O'Toibin on the left. Van der Voom replaced the tired Zbimg who was able to be on the bench, Sulonen replaced Wato in midfield as The Eejit replaced the dire Clayton who was awful against Grimsby. BobMem was named captain, as he is my vice-captain in the squad for the season:

Tuesday 25th September 2012
    English Conference
    Newark v. Gateshead

0-1
    (Hatch '3)

Another game of the test of the goalkeepers abilities, which was unfortunate as Gateshead was able to steal a quick lead through Hatch, in which made them park the bus for the rest of the game. The lads didn't seem as motivated with the change of mentality, and despite the three changes throughout the second half: Wato off for Hemphill, the forced change of Hoolihan who had to go off with a stubbed toe for Henderson who played at left back, and Zbimg for Ediz – we couldn't break down the defence clearly enough to steal a point.

Dissapointed, I decided to call a team meeting with the frustrated strikers, and Vasily who just seemed to follow along. We sat at the cafeteria of the training facility.

How they could afford a StubWays but not an officer for me, I couldn't understand, but I had other worries concerning me.

Niko: Right lads, I want to know what is fing up your concentration? And, why the f is Artur here?
    Vasily: I thought Mr. Relikovic would be here too. But, I also think that I should play some more.
    Niko: I would if you stopped dissappearing everytime I come to watch you at the training ground! And Kowalinho, what has happened to you? During preseason training you were a deadly machine in the game drills! But know, you seem depressed and mopy, what the f is wrong with you?
    Kowalinho: I cannot find her!!

He screamed out in tears, as a passing waitress walked by, which made him shoot up.

Kowalinho: Excuse madam, I am wondering if you have been on a plane in the past three months?
    Waitress: What?
    Kowalinho: You see I had a dream about a girl, no, I saw this girl that made me fall out of love. No... I mean into love.
    Waitress: What are you on about?!
    Kowalinho: Do you want to shag me?
    Waitress: WHAT!!!?

Well, that was straight to the point...

Kowalinho:
    No I mean, are you my dream girl from the airport?
    Waitress: Look, pervert, I haven't been on a plane EVER! I haven't been on holiday in a foreign land.
    Kowalinho: Do...You want to test it with me?
    Waitress: What?!
    Kowalinho: I mean, I am a professional footballer for Newark Athletic, and I can score lots of goals – so do you want to score with me?
    Waitress: NO!

Denied. So badly.

Kowalinho: Okay then. Sorry for disturbing you.

He said disappointingly, like he had any shot on getting her. Whimpering, Kowalinho walked slowly, he kicked the floor in anger, which included one specific item...

The can went flying into the air, bounced off the wall due to the power, and went flying out of StubWays and towards MacDowell's, heading straight into the throat of AMC, the Spanish janitor, where it flew straight into his throat, lodged deep down. Suffocating, he backed away from his mop and bucket, which was spilled everywhere. He walked backwards over the counter of MacDowell's, and straight into the deep fat fry, which was more like a jacuzzi. As his head hit the back of the side of the metallic jacuzzi deep fat fryer, the can unlodged and went flying towards again, as Andreas Monteal-Cliche burned away in the fat holding his fist open with a thumbs up before it disintegrated into the heat.

Niko: Oh My Gawd! Kowalinho killed AMC!
    Vasily: Skilled b:censored!

But it wasn't over yet, as the can travelled towards the agitated Zbimg, who kicked the can into the air and then volleyed it toward the ceiling of Burger Spit, in which it was split into shards, showering down onto the Animated Microchipped Chimp who worked as the cashier, tearing the poor monkey into a bloody puddle.

Niko: Oh My Gawd! Zbimg killed AMC!
    Vasily: Unreal b!

BUT THAT WASN'T ALL! As near the entrance which was through MacDowell's, one of my enemies was entering the cafeteria.

A MIDGET CHARACTER!

He saw me and ran, well more like stumped over as fast as his little legs could go, towards me, not paying attention to the wet floor that was left from the janitors death just moments before. The little guy slipped and slid across the cross, passing by me, and through the automated doors and flying into the car park, where a large explosion was heard. Running towards the doors I was happy!

Niko: Oh My Gawd! AMC killed AMC!
    Vasily: Illogical b!

But then I noticed the car which exploded from the collision.

Niko: Not my Faggy Fiat!! Again!
    Zbimg: You don't really have luck with cars do you boss?
    Niko: No, now Kowalinho. You have shown me your skill your on the bench for the Wrexham game. Ediz, you will start as usual, and because you can't speak anything but idioms, shut up! And Zbimg, I expect the same amount of procession from that kick of that can in the game.
    All: Yes Boss!

For the game, I reinstated Hemphill on the right, Henderson on the left, Liam replacing the injured Hoolihan and Kowalinho made the bench, in which I hoped to be able to sub him on for the second half, depending on the result at half-time of course:

Saturday 29th September 2012
    English Conference
    Newark v. Wrexham

5-1
    (Zbimg '10 '26 '45 '66 '90)(Keates '51)
    MoM – L. Zbimg

What the f!!!!!

Coming into the game, I thought the worse, but the excellence of Zbimg came out and his determination shown throw with him scoring ALL FIVE GOALS!! Four of which was assisted by Hemphill, who showed his compassion, passionate and amazing ability. The first goal was pure skill, as he picked the ball up at 45 yards and passed two defenders before thrashing the ball into the net just 10 minutes into the half! Then, a brillaint floating cross from Hemphill found Zbimg's head and made it a brace, with only 26 minutes played. Just on the brink of half-time, a brilliantly timed pass from Hemphill with a brilliantly timed run made it a hat-trick on 45 minutes.

And the funny thing? I was about to substitute him for Kowalinho when....

Niko: Where's Kowalinho gone?

The rest of the subs shrug their shoulders, as static soon comes from the PA system.

Kowalinho: Hello Newark Athletic fans, my name is Kowalinho and I am a striker for the club. I mean, I am here on the PA trying to find the girl to sleep with. I mean, the girl who I dream to sleep with, I mean the dream girl I want to marry with, or just shag.

The brutual direct honesty....

Kowalinho: I know I am bad at words, but I feel that this song will some up my feelings up about finding you it. I mean he, I mean she, I mean the woman I saw at the airport with the sweet ass!

Soon there was sweet silence before the most dreaded song in the world....

PA: Never gonna give you up!
    Niko: Ah s I hope Cerina isn't here!

But there was bigger worries as on the away stand I witnessed something horrific.

Indiana Wannabe: I am being publicly Rick roll'd? Time for you all to be Indiana Roll'd!

And at that point he grabbed his whip and pulled a piece of wood, in which revealed a horrifying weapon of Mass Destruction.

The boulder rolled down the slope with the crazed ran riding it, laughing as it crushed the on-rushing crowd, A Massive Crowd. Soon the green coloured stand of people's Wrexham away shirts, soon started to turn to paint red.

Niko: Oh My Gawd! Rick Astley killed AMC!
    Eejit in Home Stand: That b!

After a brief second.

Niko: Ah, well it was the away support.

After that, I decided to leave Kowalinho to his own devices, in which Wrexham was able to score one back on the 51st minute, though there was no cheering due to the abscene of Wrexham fans alive in the stadium – though the crazed fan seemed to celebrate by playing pinball onto the stand for some reason. Zbimg once again connected with Hemphill, as he headed in his fourth of the game from a corner of the 66th minute, which was once again added by a fifth after he volleyed into the net from a far cross from Hemphill just before the end of the game. This meaning that despite coming into the game with one goal under his belt, he was now the second top goalscorer of the season after Ediz scored 8, but not far off with 6 so far this season.

With the end of the month approaching, I was on my way back to the stadium when I received a text from Babe:

Meet me at yours in five, got a suprise for you! Xx
    I rushed home, telling the taxi to take me as fast as he could, getting ready for my surprise present from Babe. In which I wasn't disappointed when I arrived home.

Babe: Niko! What took you so long? I thought we would have to begin without you.
    Niko: Now that wouldn't be any fun now, would it?
    Babe: Well, maybe not for you....

I think I might fall in love with this woman.....

Code:
    ================================================== ============================================== 2012/13 Table ================================================== ============================================== Pos Team Pld Won Drn Lst For Ag Won Drn Lst For Ag Pts -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- 1st Hereford 12 3 2 1 15 13 6 0 0 17 6 29 -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- 2nd Newark 12 5 1 1 15 6 3 2 0 12 6 27 3rd Forest Green 12 3 1 2 5 5 5 1 0 11 4 26 4th Grimsby 12 5 1 0 13 5 1 4 1 8 8 23 5th Luton 12 2 1 3 4 7 5 0 1 16 9 22 6th Newport 12 3 2 1 7 3 3 0 3 6 4 20 7th Woking 12 2 2 1 7 4 3 2 2 9 9 19 8th Stockport 12 3 0 3 11 10 2 3 1 10 9 18 9th Kidderminster 12 2 0 4 8 10 3 3 0 12 8 18 10th Barrow 12 3 2 1 10 5 2 1 3 8 11 18 11th Mansfield 12 2 2 2 6 6 3 0 3 10 11 17 12th Telford Utd 12 1 2 3 11 10 3 1 2 6 6 15 13th Cambridge Utd 12 2 0 4 9 13 2 3 1 6 3 15 14th Ebbsfleet Utd 12 2 3 1 5 5 2 0 4 8 12 15 15th Gateshead 12 1 1 4 9 13 3 0 3 7 7 13 16th Lincoln 12 2 0 4 7 9 2 1 3 7 10 13 17th Wrexham 12 2 3 1 11 9 1 1 4 7 16 13 18th Braintree 12 2 1 3 9 10 1 2 3 12 14 12 19th Hyde 12 2 2 2 15 13 1 0 5 5 13 11 -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- 20th Southport 12 1 0 5 5 10 2 1 3 11 11 10 21st Macclesfield 12 2 1 3 12 12 0 2 4 2 12 9 22nd Alfreton 12 1 1 4 6 14 0 1 5 2 11 5
    Last edited by ZanSnake; 18-05-13 at 07:34 AM.

Looks like you have 3 wanting to get on top ..... and the league is the same Arf ! Arf !

Trying to take in all that went on there, but most noticeably ... return me to the starting 11 and we win 5-1 .... I hope the gaffer spotted that too.

Now where is my Rick Astley Greatest Hit single ?

Well, I didn't expect to be THAT good! Another epic update, I think Newark is going to crush souls in this league!

Great chapter But i dont think that she was a waitress

She was a bit younger that one on picture

And i'm a bit upset for not being even on the bench for 4 matches

Quote Originally Posted by Kowalinho View Post

Great chapter But i dont think that she was a waitress

She was a bit younger that one on picture

And i'm a bit upset for not being even on the bench for 4 matches
    you are on a quest

Well, I didn't expect to be THAT good! Another epic update, I think Newark is going to crush souls in this league!
    Ok, you will crush league and i will crush some(one)thing (Hope that i will do this before niko find her out

Same here, Eejit, I was benched until that 5-1 game

Good read, bit mad as usual but I enjoyed it

I'd just like to point out that for the second time you gave me the captain's armband we lost. I'm not leadership material I tell ya!!

Great write-ups, I have to flick past some of the pics when viewing this at work though.

KUTGW!

The First Journey
    Chapter Four:
    Change is for the Better

After finally being able to find a constant source of sexual enjoyment in my personal life, and finding somewhat success on the amount of attempts on my life recently, it seemed that maybe I was able to settle into the lifestyle of being in Newark quite well, until I got a random phone from a very important person.

Niko: Hello, this is Niko-
    Caller: Nikolavski Bergstrom, yes I know. I am Simon Cowell, the man with the high trousers and the perfect woolly jumper from the Television? I am also the Prime Minister of Great Britain, and second-in-command of the Disnae fascist army-

As I heard him say that, I was also faintly able to hear a yelled voice in the background.

Background: Second-to-the-second-in-command!
    Cowell: I mean, I am the second-to-the-second-in-command, in which means that I am pretty important on our war on riding the threat of 'independence' and 'not ridiculing people'. Disnae is ready for the right to make people laugh at people because thay are talentless freaks! And Mr Nikolavski, you are being called in for.
    Niko: And what would happen if it reject this whole stupid thing?
    Cowell: We will get you sacked, kicked out of the country, kill any idolised pop singers you fantasise of one day sleeping with, and then chop off your genitals and feed them to Louis Walsh.
    Niko: So I don't have any choice in this, do I?
    Cowell: Nope.

Hanging up the phone in aggression, in which my index finger was pointing towards the far wall of my apartment as I pressed the hang-up button, but I was too angry to feel the pain of my broken bone. I walked out of the room, heading for the stadium for the first match of the month – hoping that a good thrashing would help ease my pain, literally!

With the drawing of the FA Cup Qualifying round being out a couple of days ago, in the 3rd to be precise, in which we was told that we would be playing:

Truro City, a non-league side which had once a lot of potential to rise in our division but wasn't able to due to financial stability – and because they were crap. For this I decided to put a bet on us against Babe, that if there was six goals then I would get another visit and I would have anything I wanted for desert! But before the sexual shenanigans, I decided that with the game against Truro in mind, I would rotate most of the players with the two games, to test how the other players might react with the new playing system, but for the away game against Ebbsfleet, I decided to use the same selection as the last game:

There was a lot of enthusiasm running through the away fans, as they hoped for another thrashing to maintain us being contenders for the title, which ran all the way through the players. As we entered the stadium, the cheering fans was awaiting outside the bus, but when I say fans, I meant just a small group...

They seemed happy and cheerful, especially with the goalscorer of the last game Lorenzo Zbimg, which they rehearsed there own chant for.

Fans: Lorenzo, Lorenzo, Lorenzo,
    Italian like a Ferrari Enzo,
    Lorenzo, Lorenzo, Lorenzo,
    Like my nanny he can sew!
    Like a cheetah, fast as he go!
    Should have chosen him earlier Nikoooo!

The extensively long chant seemed to make the fans opinions clear, they liked Lorenzo and they didn't like that they had to wait so long for him to be shown to them, despite the fact that Lorenzo has played four games prior, including preseason. Before the game, myself and Lorenzo was award with the awards we had earned for September, I was named Manager of the Month and Lorenzo as Player, it was a nice reception from both fans as we accept the awards, but I had to make sure that both of our minds was still on the game!

Saturday 6th October 2012
    English Conference
    Ebbsfleet Utd v. Newark
    1-1

(Ada '1)(Ediz '83)
    MoM – L. Menz

A shocking result in terms of us, where the home side peaked ahead after Henderson gave a free-kick, which was taken beautifully by Blake, headed down by Barret and clinched by the on-suing Arda to seal the first goal of the game after just seconds played. For virtually the rest of the game, Ebbsfleet turned into ultra-defence ready to ensure that they would take away something from the game, playing off the counter for the next 20 mins they controlled the game, and the lads just didn't seem able to click themselves into what was happening!

Every time we had the ball, and ready for the attack, we would misplace the ball and gift the home side another opportunity. We were able to get some shots on target, with the build up play off Sulonen and the two forwards, but the Man of the Match Menz was there to save it, or watched laughably to see it go past his post. At half-time I told the lads to be more clinical with the chances they had started to make at the end of the half, as well as being more polished in their passing to ensure that we could have that one opportunity. I also spoke to Zbimg, whom had a lot of pressure on his shoulders to step up and be the main man with the crowd chanting, I was about to substitute him for Kowalinho, but he reassured me that he would be able to add more to his game.

We exited from the tunnel, and finally we started to play! The marching forward Baz skilled past Ada, and shot a powerful and fierce ball towards goal, denied only by a push away from Menz. It seemed determine for us to lose this one. On the 54th minute, Zbimg held up the ball for Ediz, and then lobbed it over the last defender – he volleyed it into the top corner, myself on the edge of my seat watched as it hit the crossbar and over. We were attacking and attacking, and when come the 70th minute I subsituted the more defensive Eejit for Clayton, hoping his passing and vision could help add more to the attack which it didn't. I was losing hope until seven minutes till the end of the game, Zbimg who was deeper then normal did a marvellous cross over to Hemphill on the right wing, who in return dribbled past the left back, and put in a low cross into the box which was found by the boot of the charging Ediz who flung to the ground to ensure he was able to poke the ball past Menz and into the back of the net! 1-1! We was finally able to get the goal, and earn a well deserved point!

But there was no time to be indulging into the game, as soon as the game was over, I had to ensure that my mind was fully on the task of the Qualifying Round of the FA Cup, which I hope we would be able to garner a small cash-cow from via the gates of the games, hoping we would be able to get through enough rounds to get big named clubs at the stadium – making more funds available for the end of the season, when ultimately, the team would be like a new team with half of the players leaving for bigger clubs – some of which had already started calling for some, but had been rejected due to the fact I wouldn't be able to sign any replacements for them this year.

For the game, I decided that after a gruelling last two matches to rest Zbimg, having shown me enough to warrant a first team accolade, as well as bringing back the unsuspended O'Toibin showing great determination in training to warrant a start, with Henderson dropping to the bench to replace Zannit whose fitness had been appalling! Eejit kept his place in the team, after outshining his replacement in the last game, showing that I can make mistakes, making the team look like this for the game against the non-league Truro City at home:

The attendance was over 2,330 which was a lot lower then the 7,207 that came to see the club in the last home game, or the 'Zbimg Final' as some fans called it – despite it not really being a final of any sort!!

English FA Cup Qualifying Round
    Saturday 13th October 2012
    Newark v. Truro
    5-1

(Sulonen '38, Van der Voom '43 '74, Hemphill '45, Wato '67)(Gritton '33)
    MoM – F. Hemphill

A spectacular comeback which was added with flair and just plain brilliance, Van der Voom was determined to cause me head aches, and he has! Despite the tremendous amount of attacking display, in which we had 18 shots on target, it was the away side who took the unlikely lead, with Scottish striker Martin Gritton heading in from Afful's cross on the 33rd minute, but the lead didn't last long as a corner from Captain and Man of the Match Hemphill was found by the head of Sulonen five minutes after. Hemphill was involved once again another five minutes later when his cross was found by the head of Ediz, who settled it perfect for his striker partner Van der Voom, who scored his fourth of the season. Then just before the end of the first half, it was Hemphill's turn to score as Van der Voom's pass was found by his feet, in which he driblled past his marker and scored a cracker – 3-1, at the end of the first half!

For the second half, only one change was made Sulonen off and Wato on, which it only took him 22 minutes until he found the net, pouncing off a rebound of a Van der Voom shot and make it 4-1, scoring his fourth in the process. The crowd was going mental! And it got even more mental after Hemphill's lob fed in the in-form striker Van der Voom on the 74th minute to seal it with a volley into the top corner and scoring his fifth of the season! It was a superb performance, and a second time that we had been involved with a six goal thriller, though the test from the opposition was weak at best.

The next day, we found out who we would face in the next round:

MK Dons, a team which have had a lot of success in getting up to the second division of the league, or League One, and who were chasing for promotion into the Championship. A team which I think would be a good start to test the team's chemistry as well as integrity they had built. It would be interesting on how good the lads would do, but before the last game of the month I had to do the stupid talentless competition.

I walked onto the stage with the audience jeering at me, showing how brainwashed they was under the thumb of 'Prime Minister' Cowell, with a guitar in my hand he stared at me with his little puppets alongside him.

Louis Walsh looked like a stupid old dog, wearing a collar around his neck and a t-shirt saying 'I Once Managed West Life, and Was A Credible As Well As Reputated Person Within the Industry', making me feel phyiscally ill.

Cowell: Well, Mr Nikolavski Bergstrom, your here in front of the millions of British public, who will judge you on your talents and your depressing back story.

As he said his nostrils snarled.

Cowell: Yes, the more tragic, the better!

He screamed, banging his fist onto the desk as he bit his lip. All these responses seemed more sexual then anything....

Cowell: So, Niko, why don't you tell the British public about your childhood with your parents? Were they around much?

He said, grabbing a box of Kleenex and what looked like some kind of form of Lube.

Niko: Ah, well no they weren't.

All the audience 'ah'ed at me, as if I needed there sympathy.

Niko: Look, can we get this charade over and done with?
    Cowell: Why, it is apart of the process of the whole initiation process!
    Niko: Really?

He nodded, putting on some latex gloves. I sighed as I started to explain my life story to the millions, who all cried and called me a hero. And finally I was able to finish, as did someone else it seemed.

Cowell: I can't believe a ghost chose this exact moment in time to leave it's white creamy ghost placenta on me and Louis!
    Niko: Yeah, right..... Anyway can I just perform now?
    Cowell: Of course!

I grabbed the guitar, and strummed it to make sure it was tuned – it had been a while since I had played the instrument, it was like a relic of something that I wasn't meant to be and this was my one last swansong before I bowed out completely.

Niko: Okay, this one is a cover of a famous song by a suave guy named Chris Isaak, and it dedicated to-

But before I was able to finish, the whole room shook.

Niko: Anyway, I was about to say, I am dedicating this too-

And then it shook once more.

Niko: OKAY! Right, I am dedicating this fing performance to-!

And once more it shook, but this time a large crack appeared at the wall, and before I can say anything a large green nose came through the wall, and the nose belong to....

Spoiler!

After that was done and sealed, my intentions soon turned towards the last game of the month, in which I decided that maybe we should convert the team to another tactic, so that we would be able to adapt to each of the team members strength, while still having the same attacking style that we have had so far this season. For this, I replaced Sulonen for Wato, and made him the solo midfielder in the centre of the pitch, attacking forward – with Eejit sitting infront of the defender to help break down the attacks. The wingers and full-backs would keep doing there same attacking intention as before. Team wise, only one change was made for Sulonen off and Wato on, with Vasily sitting on the bench and Zbimg having another rest. The team looked like this:

English Conference
    Saturday 27th October 2012
    Newark vs. Telford
    3-0

(Wato '5, Ediz '36, Hemphill '61)
    MoM – E. Wato

A Beautifully crafted game, that showed the teams commitment and never looking out for the game to be over. They continuously attacked the opposition, while the defence made sure we kept a clean sheet – our first one since the 8th September in the 0-0 draw against Mansfield. It seemed l was correct with the tactic change, as Wato's forward charge put off the defenders to volley rebound from Van der Voom's shot on the fifth minute for his fifth goal of the season! It was another beautiful team crafted play for the next goal, as the ball was played from Eejit to O'Toibin who crossed the ball into the box for Ediz to score his tenth goal of the season on 36th minutes. Our attacks were less clinical after that, but the team was still disciplined enough not to allow the away side to creep back into the game, and Hemphill was able to seal the game on the 61st minute off a Van der Voom saved shot – who was unlucky not to have been on the score sheet himself. It was a wonderful way to cap off a somewhat small month.

And the next morning, I awoke early and stood onto my balcony in my boxers smoking the last Richmond’s I had, gazing at the sunrise as Babe slept in the bed behind me. I kept thinking about the fact, that maybe from all that I had gone through, I needed to forget and try to live on a clean slate. Maybe I needed to change in order to be more focused on my career? Maybe I should forget about chasing faceless one night standers, and just settle down like I should had done with Cerina. But, It seemed that she was with Eejit now, and I was in this... thing with Babe. I thought to myself, finishing off my cigarette and throwing it off the balcony, as the awoken Babe stretched out her arms.

Babe: What's wrong?
    Niko: Just. Maybe that whole thing at the initiation thing was a sign, you know for change.
    Babe: You all right? Where is the Niko from last night? I didn't get into this with a wimp! If I wanted too, I wouldn't have knocked back that deluded Kowalinho guy.
    Niko: It's alright. Maybe it's just something that I can't seem to mull over right now.
    Babe: Look, what you are now is who you are. It doesn't matter about the past nor the future, just the present.
    Niko: I know that but when I held that guitar, I felt something strange. Like I needed to do something about me, like I was a different me and the other me, I won't be able to be any more.
    Babe: Well, maybe you need to do one more show and then you can deal with it?
    Niko: Maybe....

I said, walking over to my guitar case that I hadn't opened in ages and got off my Hummingbird acoustic guitar. I put it around my neck, grabbed a pick and then sat at the chair facing opposite to Babe, and started to strum it. Tuning it up, and getting ready to play.

Babe: You are going to serenade me with your vocals huh?
    Niko: Maybe. Just felt that if I was going to do this one final time, it would be right for me to do it in front of one person – you.

She smirked, as she sat up in the bed as I began to play Wicked Game, for the final time I would sing, for the final time I would give up my music for football. This was a change, a chance for the future I could have – to reach the heights of the footballing world with my superior knowledge, without stupid ambitions getting in the way. The one audience performance went well, and as I hit the last note, I leant the guitar on the side of the chair and looked at Babe.

Niko: What do you think?
    Babe: Get back into bed.

And that is how this short month which started out somewhat like a dud, ended like fireworks for me!

With only one thing repeating in my head....

Let... This... River....

Table:
    Code:
    ************************************************************************************************ English Conference - Saturday 27th October 2012 ************************************************************************************************ ================================================================================================ 2012/13 Table ================================================================================================ Pos Team Pld Won Drn Lst For Ag Won Drn Lst For Ag Pts -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- 1st Newark 14 6 1 1 18 6 3 3 0 13 7 31 -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- 2nd Grimsby 15 7 1 0 19 6 1 5 1 9 9 30 3rd Hereford 14 3 2 1 15 13 6 0 2 18 11 29 4th Forest Green 14 3 1 2 5 5 5 3 0 15 8 28 5th Luton 14 2 1 3 4 7 6 1 1 19 11 26 6th Newport 14 4 3 1 11 5 3 0 3 6 4 24 7th Stockport 14 5 0 3 16 11 2 3 1 10 9 24 8th Kidderminster 14 4 0 4 12 12 3 3 0 12 8 24 9th Woking 14 3 2 1 10 5 3 2 3 11 12 22 10th Mansfield 14 3 3 2 8 6 3 0 3 10 11 21 11th Barrow 14 3 2 1 10 5 2 2 4 9 13 19 12th Hyde 14 3 2 2 18 15 2 0 5 10 14 17 13th Ebbsfleet Utd 14 2 5 1 8 8 2 0 4 8 12 17 14th Telford Utd 15 1 3 3 12 11 3 1 4 6 10 16 15th Gateshead 14 1 1 4 9 13 3 2 3 10 10 15 16th Cambridge Utd 14 2 0 4 9 13 2 3 3 8 9 15 17th Lincoln 14 2 1 4 10 12 2 1 4 7 12 14 18th Wrexham 14 2 4 2 12 11 1 1 4 7 16 14 19th Southport 14 2 0 5 7 11 2 1 4 12 14 13 -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- 20th Braintree 14 2 2 4 12 17 1 2 3 12 14 13 21st Macclesfield 14 2 2 3 15 15 0 2 5 3 15 10 22nd Alfreton 14 1 1 4 6 14 0 2 6 6 17 6

* Is a bit upset for not being in starting 11

* Hope he stays in the managers plans.

A pretty decent month and still clear at the top of the league. Onward and upward.

glad I showed my ability after my recall to the team with a goal and Man of the Match...

Dang, as if I gave away the free kick

I should register a concern here. What's this with not killing AMC ? This is a worrying development that we need to stamp out before this forum degenerates completely.

Haha, cracking update! I also question the "AMC lives" shocker. I assumed Godzirra was going to stand on him after bringing him back up or something?!

KUTGW!

Just caught up with this mate. Quality read, and enjoying the game time on the field

I feel like a hero. I'm quitting France and moving in Newark!!!

Page 7 of 24 FirstFirst ... 3456789101117 ... LastLast