Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: Starting Out

digitalnick Unattached

Starting Out

Hi,

I downloaded the game and played a bit but I don't think i've played this version before.
    Start year 01/02 like always but a LOT of the players i used to scout & buy are missing (chiotis, howard, aghahowa, donovan, ... NOTE; i never played the version which included tsigalko tho)
    My question; How many versions are there with startyear 01/02? And can someone please link me to the version i mean? (+ explain me which folders to put where, cause I don't have a clue :p)

Thanks in advance guys!

vCash
    Every version starts in 01/02 unless you use a patch to change the start year

digitalnick Unattached
    Thanks for your answer, but do you understand my question? :o

Tournaments Won: 2

vCash
    v3.9.60:

http://www.champman0102.co.uk/downlo...?do=file&id=57

v3.9.68:

http://www.champman0102.co.uk/downlo...do=file&id=119

I am pretty sure both versions got Tsigalko though. .60 has To Madeira I think, .68 he ain't in it.

vCash
    yes your question was: How many versions are there with startyear 01/02?

My reply is still "Every version starts in 01/02 unless you use a patch to change the start year"

If you want the original game with no updates then uninstall the game and reinstall it so you are starting from scratch. Simple

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Fods For This Useful Post:

digitalnick Unattached
    I just discovered you need to click all the countrys backgrounds in order to be able to find most players, thanks for your help anyway

digitalnick Unattached
    oke, thanks.

vCash
    Not really. Donovan, Chiotis and Tsigalko all appear in a normal database, one league selected.

digitalnick Unattached
    not for me, selected only the big league's and i couldn't find them ..
    + can't seem to find Tsigalko, no matter what i chose.

vCash
    That's impossible. He's in both the 3.60 and 3.68 databases. Are you sure you aren't playing with a newer update?

vCash
    have you chosen "Max DB"?

vCash
    You don't even need that, Tsigalko is a -1 player, so he should be present in everything but minimum DB. Landon Donovan is a -2, so ditto. Chiotis is PA 130 in .68 so he might well not appear unless you select Max DB, and not even then

vCash

I'm new and struggling. Help would be appreciated

Hello,

I joined this forum over a month ago after finding about it through a wikipedia link when I looked up my favourite game. I have downloaded a lot of things but am really struggling to get anywhere, I cannot locate a simple starters guide but I am not used to forums so I may just have not located it.

What I would like is to play the game
    with the players as up to date as possible
    with the teams in the leagues as up to date as possible
    the leagues renamed as much as possible
    improve the computer AI and tactics to make more of a challenge

I tried to the tapani 2 patch but it didnt have the welsh league which is one of the main ones I use
    I tried the tapani 3 patch, but while it did exactly as I wanted, I accidentally set the database to minimum, and when I set it to maximum a major bug became apparent, where players were attached to clubs without contracts (and so could not be sold) and staff didnt have the right job (lots of coaches became duplicate managers) also these rogue characters had completely random names and ages.

I know there are mulitple tools that can do what I want, but every time I use them it makes the game unplayable (the league re-namer for example) so I am hoping to do as few steps as possible. If I could be advised which would be the best I would be very grateful.

ebfatz is offline Social Media Bod
    Former Holy Trinity Member
    Stories Mod
    Tournaments Won: 1

vCash
    From that I can see that you probably want to play Tapani 3.12 so I would suggest deleting everything CM related from your computer and starting again.

Not sure whether 3.12 has Wales though does it. Not sure haven't used it in a long time.

Alternatively, don't use Tapani at all and go down the JL Patch route.

info0's work in the tactic's thread on harder tactics will be a good place to go as well if you are looking to make the game harder. (although he's still working on it.)

vCash
    The game is over 10 years old and you are never going to be able to get exactly what you want from it. The latest update will have up to date players and teams in the correct leagues. You can then just use the names editor to change the league names and away you go. Its simple if you follow instructions that are given with each and every download

vCash
    install the latest update, download info's harder ai tactics and change the comp names with the names editor.

everything you posted above is possible.

vCash
    I support a club which is 115 years old, and competes for a cup which is 142 years old and a league which is 125 years old, so when I found out how much had changed in the last 11 years it's quite amazing! Almost every league in the world seems to have at least renamed itself, clubs have closed, been releagated, closed leagues are open, entire new countries exist...

the thing is even some small changes can have a big effect. I am hoping not to have to make a descion over what changes I can make and what I cant.

My job is actually an IT engineer on a 12 year old banking website, and so I do understand that some things cannot be changed easily (like adding more teams to UEFA) but I thought I had everything I needed in the tapani 3 patch, plus then a few editing tweeks here and there. The problem is that I did lots of testing and loading the full game takes a while so I did minimum database or just one league at a time, and some bugs only showed up on full leagues + full database.

I'm going to do a clean install, patch 68 and tapani 3 again, then load up a full league + database and no other changes and see if that works. The rogue players thing was there on the minimum database too but only a tiny number, on maximum database virtually every club had two players and some staff affected. They weren't random creations, they were supposed to be there but someone their "role" had gone wrong and I dont know if it was me doing some fiddling or just the patch as it was causing it.

vCash
    You could have a go at tapanifying your own database ie: March 2013.

Then load that up and see if there are any errors...

vCash
    to begin with I have followed the instructions here
    http://www.champman0102.co.uk/downlo...do=file&id=139
    and then begun a new game with all leagues/maximum database.
    This sets the teams/players to September 2012, I know a March 2013 update has been done, but I am ok with the teams as they were at the start of the season, as that is where the game will begin.
    I can see there are some minor issues:
    Some competions renamed, some not - I know there is a tool to rename leagues but it made the game unplayable last time I used it, so may just leave this, the one that bothered me the most was the English League and that has been redone
    Uefa has 53 members, the game wants 51 so Wales and Serbia are excluded, also Andorra and San Marino are too, I have looked up how to swap Wales/Serbia for someone else and I did this before no problem. I also swapped San Marino for Liechtenstein using a more more complex method, but that also worked so no problems here

The big issue is there are still the rogue players, and as this time i have made no other changes using any other editor must mean it is a bug within tapani 3. :'(
    This is a big problem and I dont know how to resolve it. The rogues happen to a much lesser degree if I reduce the database, but that doesnt suit how I wish to play the game (I did this once already). As it down to the patch I am gutted because otherwise this patch and update has everything I want. Worst of all is although the rogues appear everywhere, they affect the Italian League most of all, and that is one I want to play in.

If I cannot stop them then the next bext thing would be to remove them, but I am stumped on this. I though I could force them to retire, but none of the editors I have downloaded allow this - you can change a retirement date if one is set, but not force retirement. I thought about reducing the CA to 1 and setting the age to 70 to make them retire (I am unsure if the game thinks they are players or non-players) but when I edited the DOB it then didnt match the age, such as the player being born in 1935 being 14.

I am not keen on trying to tapanify the March 2013 database, despite my job in IT I useless at such things, I have taken 10 attempts to add a message to the login page using HTML before. Unfortuntely I dont think there are any other tapanified databases than the sept 12 one - (which I have finaly located without the hyperlink someone gave me, it's in patches not downloads!) if there was I could see if it is the patch or the database causing the problem.

vCash
    As you have been told the 3.12 patch is buggy and that is the cause of your rogue players.

That link u provided doesn't work for me so no idea what it is.

Use the updated march 2013 data with a 2.19 patch and use the names editor to change names. Or even better use the JL patch. Java apps arnt that hard to run and there is plenty of help around the forum for you

vCash
    Honestly, imo stay away from the 3 Series, if you must use a Tap patch I would recommend 2.16 as the rest affect player development.

Then use the names editor it is really easy to use. If you want to see an example of all the leagues/Cups renamed take a look at my 0001 db ( http://www.sendspace.com/file/a9f6qc )using your 0102 editor & you can see how easily the names can be changed.

Info0 has started amending the AI tacs & I think he has even uploaded one so you could paste that in also.
    Long live 00/01

vCash
    especially improve the computer AI and tactics to make more of a challenge....

vCash

vCash

Back to CM 01/02 after MANY years, bit rusty... some pointers?

Hi all,

After having 'wasted' (at least that's what my mom calls it) half my youth to the CM-series, I finally managed to get myself through university somehow and even managed to get myself a half decent job and a lovely wife. Obviously, I couldn't have done this if the CM/FM-series would have stayed as great as the CM 01/02 game, but fortunately, the games (at least for me) got worse with each new version (CM4 anyone...? Yuk!). And the current FM-games (at least from FM2009 onwards) are just too much of a simulation for me. I already HAVE a job, thank you very much SI...

Anyway, to cut a long story short, after staying clean for many, many years, I somehow felt the urge to to try CM 01/02 again. And because of the fact I currently only own an iMac, I couldn't get my hands on a version for Mac... I did however find the demo somewhere and I was instantly hooked again). It is so bad, that I've decided to buy a new (windows) laptop just for CM 01/02!

However, after having been away from the game for so long, I'm a bit overwhelmed with some of the things I see/hear (and remember).

For instance, should I update my game to the 3.68 version or do I remember correctly that the 3.65 version is superior? And what's all this with an update for the current season? How does this work? And is it correct that it makes the game harder? And since I'm also quite a geek when it comes to colour-schemes (in combination with menubars that I design myself), is it possible to change the club-colours for that 2013-update?

I'm sure the information I'm looking for is somewhere on this website, but I haven't found it yet. If somebody could point me in the right direction, that would be much appreciated!

Looking forward to share the nostalgia with you guys!

26. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to the Devil's Advocate For This Useful Post:

ebfatz is offline Social Media Bod
    Former Holy Trinity Member
    Stories Mod
    Tournaments Won: 1

vCash

Everything you need is here.
    It is said that 3.9.65 is more stabl than .68 but if you want to update your squads to the modern day, you will need to go for .68.

Colour schemes are available, Menu bars are available if you don't want to use your own, everything you want to know about the game is here!

Stick around, read around and keep posting.
    You'll enjoy yourself here.

28. The Following User Says Thank You to ebfatz For This Useful Post:

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast