Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: Starting Out

vCash
    Thanx! Well, looks I'll go for the 3.9.65 update, and go for the original database until (if ever ) I'm bored with that after which I can always go for the 2013 update

vCash
    I've also installed the .68 version, but since I had and old saved game started on .60 a few years back, I'm still playing on the .60 version. It works rather well.

vCash
    you could read the posts I just put in the tactics section as a quick refresh about player and staff stats and stuff, you might be the only person not to know it all already! I did know this when I posted them but I guess I like the sound of my own voice (typing?)

vCash
    Well, I've been reading the thread about Tsigalko vs Van Nistelrooy and I am at page 4 now, but I must say it's pretty overwhelming... What's all this with CA-attributes and non CA-attributes? It's fascinating research, but I hope I can put it to some use as to what to look for when buying a player... I'll finish the thread before asking here for the conclusions/instructions based on the research, but I hope they are there (in plain English)...

vCash
    My advice mate is that if you want to 'enjoy' the game and not exploit it and make it too easy (its easy enough) I would not get entangled in all the over complex stuff like that Tsigalko thread and the CA-attributes and non CA-attributes stuff.

Enjoy the forum like Ebs said and read around, there are some things I wish I had never found cos now the game is just plain and simply too easy. However, I love that fact because I love winning, love scoring loads of goals and knowing exactly which kind of players to buy

vCash
    Yeah, maybe you're right. I remember using 'cheat-tactic' (I believe it was called WWW2) and you would win the league with any club regardless of your team. I didn't like that one bit. However, I don't like to twiddle around with tactics either. I get my joy out of the game from buying (and training) players. What I would like is tactic which let your team perform like it should based on the quality of the squad (or maybe a tiny bit better, but not much). In other words, if you have the best squad of the league, you should win it; if you have the worst, you would at best just avoid relegation etc.

From what I've read so far (which isn't much), those tactics are rare (haven't found any yet). It's either cheating (or cheat-ish with narrow formations and WIB/WOB), or fighting for relegation with Man Utd... If you happen to know of a tactic which works well (not super) for most teams, I would be much obliged...

vCash
    Its simple, stick to a default tactic, start messing around with Wib and Wob and thats when monster tactics are created. Try a 442 default, saying that with the right players in the right positions you can still win everything with that. But if you had a poor squad that tactic will be tough to win games with

vCash
    The less you know, the more enjoyable it is.

Tournaments Won: 3

vCash
    A tactic I used to use before discovering this site is a 4-3-1-2. 4 at the back, 3 narrow across midfield, an AMC (possibly running forward) and 2 strikers. Non Wib/Wob seems to perform slightly better than the default tactics but with the occassional leaky defence, and a few goals more than standard 4-4-2.
    At uni I played this tactic in a network game with my housemate for about 15 seasons. Never managed to win champs league but always in the reckoning for prem title, cups etc. (we were Liverpool and Arsenal on ODB).

Oh, and welcome, you'll love it here! I'm very much of a similar history, returning to the game after an extended absense. You'll be delighting in last minute goals and rolling your eyes when you get 'super keeper'-ed in no time at all

vCash
    Thanks all. So ignorance is bliss huh?
    Well, that makes my quite scared to read anything at all...

I'll probably be more active here in about two, three weeks time (maybe even uploading some menubars if that is appreciated), because that's when I'll buy my laptop. Can't play CM yet...

I'm hoping prices will drop somewhat in that period due to the first models with the new Intel chips being on the market then. I don't need a fancy top of the line laptop in order to play CM of course, but even the low end machines will hopefully be (even) cheaper in a few weeks time. I'm so proud of myself for waiting

And I might (!) play some FM2008 on it from time to time as well. Really enjoyed that version also. But not as much as CM 01/02 naturally!!

vCash
    Dont play Fm

U can play Cm on the Mac, check the Tech Support MAC section, there are crossover programs that enable you to play.

You will love it mate, am currently in 2014 with my man Utd win everything game, the pleasure each time I click of scoring 4/5 goals is almost worth a wank

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Fods For This Useful Post:

vCash
    Thanx Fodster, but I haven't got great experiences using programs that will help me use windows programs on my mac. Besides, I want to buy a laptop anyway, since that will enable me to play downstairs while my wife is playing the piano, cooking or watching telly, which makes it look (!) like I'm a bit more social, hehe.

I'm looking forward to those 'almost worth a wank'-moments as you put it (LOL! ), but will try to wait just a few more weeks.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to the Devil's Advocate For This Useful Post:

vCash
    Welcome to the site buddy.

You sound intelligent, not sure you'll fit in around here .

16. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ozRooster For This Useful Post:

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by the Devil's Advocate View Post
    If you happen to know of a tactic which works well (not super) for most teams, I would be much obliged...
    http://www.champman0102.co.uk/showth...oes-yours-look

Some food for thought

18. The Following User Says Thank You to Kenny Dalglish's Smile For This Useful Post:

316'sRegen Unattached
    Quote Originally Posted by Fodster View Post
    Dont play Fm
    class

20. The Following User Says Thank You to 316'sRegen For This Useful Post:

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by the Devil's Advocate View Post
    Thanx Fodster, but I haven't got great experiences using programs that will help me use windows programs on my mac. Besides, I want to buy a laptop anyway, since that will enable me to play downstairs while my wife is playing the piano, cooking or watching telly, which makes it look (!) like I'm a bit more social, hehe.

I'm looking forward to those 'almost worth a wank'-moments as you put it (LOL! ), but will try to wait just a few more weeks.
    Here is one

vCash
    Rooney with a Robbie Flowler style hatrick there!

vCash
    Kagawa scored from the kick off, keeper was stood talking to the sweeper when the whistle blew

vCash
    Wank, wank, wank

vCash
    Only won the 2nd half 1-0, wank......

vCash
    Typical CM that right there Oztrich

vCash

Thinking of converting to CM01/02...

Hi guys,

As the title says, I'm thinking of jumping ship from CM2 (97/98) over to CM 01/02.

My reason for dropping from the latest FM13 to CM97/98 was because of the amount of time it took to complete a season on FM13, but I didn't realise CM01/02 was available!

I was about 10 when the game first came out, and although I played it, I can't remember on average how long it took to get through a season on CM01/02.

Would any of you lot be able to point in the right direction about how long it will take me to plough through a season so I can make an informed decision... I don't have the spare time I used to have!!!

(Edit: Meant to say, sorry if this has been asked elsewhere. I tried to find the answer but don't think I saw anything)

Cheers
    Last edited by apnoea; 19-06-13 at 10:39 AM. Reason: More Info

vCash
    I smash a season in 1.5/2 hours.

I use the 3.9.68 official patch, March 2013 Update and Tapani 2.19 patch set at speed x 200...

The choice is simple

29. The Following User Says Thank You to Fods For This Useful Post:

vCash
    Sorted. Thank you very much.

Goodbye uni degree...

316'sRegen Unattached
    97/98 was class, I loved that game at the time. John Curtis was the man! Or Edondo Edinho, what a striker. (Bradford)

01/02 gives you training and backroom staff to sort out as well as occasional media questions and board interaction.

1.5/2 hours is quick fodster! I'd be a wee bit slower than that, say maybe 2x 2hour sessions per season.

32. The Following User Says Thank You to 316'sRegen For This Useful Post:

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast